PDA

View Full Version : Another Darwin Winner

JetBoatRich
01-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I guess some people need o learn the hard way :mad:
TOPANGA -- Sheriff's deputies continued to search today for a Topanga man who apparently tried to swim across the rain-swollen Topanga Creek on a dare and was swept downstream by powerful currents.
Daniel Joshua McCutchen, 30, may have been intoxicated when friends dared him to swim across the "raging creek" along the 100 block of South Topanga Canyon Boulevard in the Fernwood area about 11:25 Saturday night, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Sgt. Kevin Finch.
"He tried to swim across and he got swept away," Finch said. "It was like a Class 4 or 5 rapid."
Los Angeles County firefighters searched for McCutchen for several hours after witnesses reported him jumping into the creek, but the search was futile because of darkness, muddy water and heavy rain, Finch said.
McCutchen's case was passed to sheriff's homicide investigators after the fire department called of its rescue mission. The Sheriff's Department lists him as a missing person, said sheriff's Detective Mark Lillienfeld of the homicide unit.

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Guy is probably doing 35 - 40 mph downstream right about now..
RD

jdogginla
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
:notam:

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2005, 04:54 PM
I believe this is a better example of thinning the herd. :eat:

RiverOtter
01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Tard :messedup: Wonder if he said "Hey!! Watch es!!"

Sane Asylum
01-10-2005, 06:25 PM
Tard :messedup: Wonder if he said "Hey!! Watch es!!"
Actually it was.............."That ain't sh't..... Watch es !!"

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Did you see the video on the news today of the guy the pulled out of the river who lost his pants? Then he slipped as he was almost out and finally made it out. His pants were around one of his feet. Hilarious. How'd you like to be that guy and have that video on CNN?

JetBoatRich
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Did you see the video on the news today of the guy the pulled out of the river who lost his pants? Then he slipped as he was almost out and finally made it out. His pants were around one of his feet. Hilarious. How'd you like to be that guy and have that video on CNN?
I guess you would be happy to be alive :notam: so I would feel better than the other guy :(

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
Good point!

LUVNLIFE
01-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Maybe this is the answer to the thread about meth. You get brain damage :notam:

Phat Matt
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
McCutchen's case was passed to sheriff's homicide investigators after the fire department called of its rescue mission. The Sheriff's Department lists him as a missing person, said sheriff's Detective Mark Lillienfeld of the homicide unit.
Why was it passed on to them. It was only a "dare", not a "triple dog dare". His friends can't be held liable for just a dare. :hammer2:

JetBoatRich
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
Why was it passed on to them. It was only a "dare", not a "triple dog dare". His friends can't be held liable for just a dare. :hammer2:
You may be right about the "triple dog dare"

LUVNLIFE
01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
You know if it's a triple dog dare you have to do it. Just ask Ralphy :D

Phat Matt
01-10-2005, 07:08 PM
It had to be a triple dog dare. Nobody would try to swim across on a dare. I hope the investigators can break his friends and get the truth. :lightsabe