PDA

View Full Version : Scarab website?

ECeptor
01-10-2005, 06:26 PM
Anyone have Scarab's homepage address?

Sane Asylum
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Anyone have Scarab's homepage address?
Scarab is Wellcraft and they don't make em' anymore.....There was a liquidator in Houston that was selling what was left............try www.americanyachtsales.com
There may be some kind of Scarab club or something.....Check www.offshoreonly.com
If that doesn't work try www.shitoutofluck.com :D

Rexone
01-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Try this.
Team Scarab (http://www.teamscarab.com/)

CAHotRodBoy
01-10-2005, 06:57 PM
I think Larry Smith retained the rights to the Scarab name. I don't know if he is doing anything with it or not (molds too).

ECeptor
01-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Scarab is Wellcraft and they don't make em' anymore.....
When did that happen???
I always thought of them as one of the best brands... :frown:

Quality Time
01-11-2005, 08:17 AM
From what I know, the Scarab name has always been Larry Smiths. Wellcraft had to pay him some type of royalty every year. Wellcraft makes more money off family and fishing boats than performance boats, therefore they dropped the line. Larry is still popping a few of the flat-deck Scarabs from what I heard.
I agree, great boats. I would like to see them brought back.

ECeptor
01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
From what I know, the Scarab name has always been Larry Smiths. Wellcraft had to pay him some type of royalty every year. Wellcraft makes more money off family and fishing boats than performance boats, therefore they dropped the line. Larry is still popping a few of the flat-deck Scarabs from what I heard.
I agree, great boats. I would like to see them brought back.
When did Wellcraft bail on them?
I would think someone could make alot of $$$ by offering a Larry Smith approved Scarab branded boat. Perhaps another brand for Brunswick?

ECeptor
01-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I emailed the editor of a major magazine and this was his response:
"Wellcraft in Sarasota shelved the molds two years ago, citing market conditions. We ran a story on it in the magazine. Larry Smith still builds custom 43s and 47s in a shop in Southern California, but nothing else."

Quality Time
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the clarification.