PDA

View Full Version : Lots of RVs get stuck on Rice Rd.

Starloans
04-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I must have pulled out 3 so far this year. Headed back to SD on Monday and sure enough he pulled off and proceeded to bury it. Most RVs are easy to pull out. The 2500 HD does spin a bit when they bury it and the RV is towing a trailer. :) They all try to pay, I never take money. I give them my card. They are prob happy they didn't have to pay $200-$300 for a tow and wait a couple of hours. LOL I've been stuck before, but not on Rice Rd. :cry:

2Driver
04-19-2006, 12:19 PM
We are meeting friends from San Diego in Havasu in a few weeks. They asked the best route? With all the Rice road accidents etc, wouldn't it be better to have them continue on to CA 95 then north to Parker and bypass it?

cxr133
04-19-2006, 12:22 PM
We are meeting friends from San Diego in Havasu in a few weeks. They asked the best route? With all the Rice road accidents etc, wouldn't it be better to have them continue on to CA 95 then north to Parker and bypass it?
YES

Starloans
04-19-2006, 12:25 PM
That's a good idea. I have checked it on GPS before and I think it's about 12 miles longer that way but safer.

Mandelon
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM
It depends on what part of San Diego too. Southern part of the county take 8 to 111 then 78 to 10 to I 1 and north to 95 north part of SD could go up 15 to 60/10 to rice or on to I 1 or 95

2Driver
04-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys. They are coming in from Carlsbad.
Jeez, I remember living in Havasu in the 80's and going to SD. I'd be lucky to pass 5 cars on Rice. Guess it's not the same :rolleyes:
I'll have them head up 95 seeing they have kids etc...

Ziggy
04-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys. They are coming in from Carlsbad.
Jeez, I remember living in Havasu in the 80's and going to SD. I'd be lucky to pass 5 cars on Rice. Guess it's not the same :rolleyes:
I'll have them head up 95 seeing they have kids etc...
I'm heading out in a few weeks, they can follow me out if they want :D
If Rice makes you nervous for them then have them take the Erinburg exit off the I-10(first exit after crossing river), make a left and then a right at the stop sign...Takes them right into Parker....
Rice is fine if you use your smarts and keep clear of others.