PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know about the 101?

dimarcobros
01-11-2005, 11:17 AM
How long before they open it back up again up by Santa Barbara?
DMB

NOTALENT
01-11-2005, 11:24 AM
our shipping company called and said 2-3 days before its back up..

miller19j
01-11-2005, 11:28 AM
It’s pretty bad at La Concheta several people died in that mess. From what I heard it would be several days before it would open. I work in SB and a few people from work that live down in Ventura area can’t get up here.

dimarcobros
01-11-2005, 11:35 AM
It’s pretty bad at La Concheta several people died in that mess. From what I heard it would be several days before it would open. I work in SB and a few people from work that live down in Ventura area can’t get up here.
My G/F is having the same problem right now. She was down here for the weekend and left on Monday morning to go back to work only to sit in the car in a parking lot for 5 hours. She is back down here working but trying to figure out how to get back. I think the 133 (?) and another route are closed as well. What a mess, and tragic for the families involved.
DMB

miller19j
01-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Yep…. As far as I know the only way to get south (or north from the south) is to go to Paso Robles and cut over to the 5.
My neighbor was stuck here all week he needed to get to Burbank to fly out to Houston where he works. Funny thing is that he just got back from India and he was out on the coast hours before the Tsunami hit. It is not his month for weather.