PDA

View Full Version : Thin in 2005!

Mr.Havasu
01-11-2005, 01:48 PM
O.k. as most of you know John's daughter's were on "The Swan" and they both lost alot of weight on the nutrisystem diet plan. So I think I going to give it an honest effort and see if I can't get into a bathing suit by this memorial day holiday.
I started my diet 5 days ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. I want to lose OMG 70 lbs so I have 64 lbs to go.
I'll post my progress here and hopefully some of you will join me and we can motivate each other to keep with it.
Michele

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Good for you! It's a tough thing to do and a lot of sacrifice. I'm sure you will feel a lot healthier when you are done though.

Mandelon
01-11-2005, 08:50 PM
My wifey signed me up for the gym two months ago. I've been going M-W-F most of the time. Lost a couple of pounds. But its hard to stay away from the snacks for me. Not much willpower when it comes to candy and sweets. IF its not around, I am fine, but if I know there's goodies in the pantry, then I am bad.
I have cut back on junk food, down to once a week maybe. I have given up soda for the most part, and cut back on liquor a bunch. Seems to be helping.

HotRod Sprint
01-11-2005, 09:04 PM
Michelle, you can do it. I put way tooooo much on over the holidays. I have 30 to lose myself. I lost 40 last year, but lost focus. I'll post my progress as well. IT CAN BE DONE. :D
Rod

Debbolas
01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Congrats on your girls and their success!!!
:D
Good luck with your diet :wink:

Mandelon
01-12-2005, 05:27 AM
The Caveman diet: The human body wasn't developed to eat Cheetos, Twinkies and diet Coke. We obviously can't handle things like that.
We need to go back to eating like a caveman. This means if you can't catch it, pick it, kill it, grow it, gather it or otherwise find it in nature you shouldn't eat it. This eliminates all processed food. All the things that are too calorie rich for us to process at our normal rate of burn.
You can still have meat, fish, veggies,maybe milk, fruit, nuts and whole grains, olive oil I suppose, spices, but nothing processed. No bread, crackers, chips, candy, no cheesecake, nothing that is not whole and natural.
Haven't tried this, but it makes sense.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-12-2005, 07:31 AM
All except the no cheesecake part!!! (insert Valley accent--> ) I'm soooo shure!!!

slowinhavasuskid
01-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Remember think of it as a life style change not a diet. That has been keeping me motivated. :D

RiverToysJas
01-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I'll Play! My problem is I over eat. My Italian Mother and Grandparents (I am 50% Italian) trained me to eat, and they did an awesome job....I eat a lot!!! :D
I used to workout A LOT. Lifted heavy weights at least 4 times a week for a few years. I was in the gym at least an hour and a half a day, focused and lifting. I ate whatever I wanted. Then my wife spawned another person, and my whole life changed.....except my eating habits!!! ;)
So this year I'm putting my foot down (and the fork down) and have been working on eating smaller portions. I have goal wieght, and a realistic date of meeting that goal. I have been eating less calories than I normally would for 7 days now, and I'm down 5 pounds. I was down almost 8 two days ago, but when I stopping dropping at all for two days, I increased my calories to kick my metabolism back up a bit. I also am starting to hit the gym more, and lift again. My goal is fat loss, not muscle loss. Not sure if I'm going to try to get back to my old strength or not. I'm nearly 6 years older now, and even then was starting to get injuries at the levels I was lifting.
I'll try to report in regularly. This is the type of thing I need to keep me on track.
Good luck to all!
RTJas :D

uglycstmr
01-13-2005, 11:41 AM
O.k. as most of you know John's daughter's were on "The Swan" and they both lost alot of weight on the nutrisystem diet plan. So I think I going to give it an honest effort and see if I can't get into a bathing suit by this memorial day holiday.
I started my diet 5 days ago and have lost 6 lbs so far. I want to lose OMG 70 lbs so I have 64 lbs to go.
I'll post my progress here and hopefully some of you will join me and we can motivate each other to keep with it.
Michele
Are you going with the Nutrisystem plan as well? If so did you join somewhere or just get a hold of their meal plans. I have been working at this as well, actually started seeing a diet dr with a couple of friends here at work, they are doing better than me as of now they have lost 40 and 30 and I am down about 20 lbs, want to loose another 50, my goal was 70 also. I am a junk food junky also, ice cream is my biggest downfall. I also love to overeat. Glad to hear there are others out hear fighting this battle with me, Memorial is a good goal, lets all work together and report in frequently, The National Hot Boat Challenge 2005!!!

Mr.Havasu
01-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Are you going with the Nutrisystem plan as well? If so did you join somewhere or just get a hold of their meal plans. I have been working at this as well, actually started seeing a diet dr with a couple of friends here at work, they are doing better than me as of now they have lost 40 and 30 and I am down about 20 lbs, want to loose another 50, my goal was 70 also. I am a junk food junky also, ice cream is my biggest downfall. I also love to overeat. Glad to hear there are others out hear fighting this battle with me, Memorial is a good goal, lets all work together and report in frequently, The National Hot Boat Challenge 2005!!!
I like that " The National Hot Boat Challenge 2005" Thank you soooooo much for joining me. I know it sounds stupid but it really helps knowing you have others going through the same thing to share with. I went to www.nutrisystem.com and singed up there for autoship 28 days of food. No measuring, no counting, just eat there breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert/snack and add a few salads/vegables/ fats etc.
Also the accountabilitie factor helps for me. So here goes:
1/6/05 197.4 :sqeyes: Don't tell a soul :redface:
1/13/05 190.6 good first week.
Good luck to all of us, It's going to be an awesome summer.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-13-2005, 12:40 PM
I here ya all! I am doing the
#1 No red meat
#2 No cheese
#3 No fried food
#4 Went to diet coke
#5 No white bread
#6 I am thinking of cutting down on beer
Goal= 200 by May 7th for a cruise and summer kick off!
1-2-04 226 lbs
1-13-05 216.2 and it sucked!

Mr.Havasu
01-13-2005, 01:48 PM
#1 No red meat
#2 No cheese
#3 No fried food
#4 Went to diet coke
#5 No white bread
1-2-04 226 lbs
Wow! 10 lbs in one week and only 16 to go. At that rate you can be well below 200 by the cruise and you won't have to try so hard. Just maintaining till the cruise will be the trick.
Keep up the good work.

RiverToysJas
01-13-2005, 02:01 PM
Is this just for the ladies?

Ms. AquaBoogie1
01-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Warlock25, I have started the Michael Thurmond 6-Week Body Makeover Plan. This is the guy that did the Extreme Makeover show. Basically you have to "blueprint" your body type,which everyone loses weight differently by eating different foods. So anyways, they design a speacial plan just for you and you follow it. Basically eating smaller meals throughout the day and combonations. As well as excersise and strength training 2x a week and it only takes 18 minutes a day. You can not have ANYTHING that is pre-packaged, everything has to be natural. SO that means lots of cooking. No salt, sodium or sugar. I have been on the program since last Wednesday and I have lost 11 lbs. If anyone is interested visit www.provida.com . It is well worth it when you read everyone's success stories. You can lose up to 30 lbs. in the first six weeks. I have 51 lbs. to go!!!!! :p

Mr.Havasu
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Warlock25, I have started the Michael Thurmond 6-Week Body Makeover Plan. This is the guy that did the Extreme Makeover show. Basically you have to "blueprint" your body type,which everyone loses weight differently by eating different foods. So anyways, they design a speacial plan just for you and you follow it. Basically eating smaller meals throughout the day and combonations. As well as excersise and strength training 2x a week and it only takes 18 minutes a day. You can not have ANYTHING that is pre-packaged, everything has to be natural. SO that means lots of cooking. No salt, sodium or sugar. I have been on the program since last Wednesday and I have lost 11 lbs. If anyone is interested visit www.provida.com . It is well worth it when you read everyone's success stories. You can lose up to 30 lbs. in the first six weeks. I have 51 lbs. to go!!!!! :p
I bought that last year, I can see the box it came in sitting on top of mu cabinet from here. It was just too complicated for me. I'm not much into cooking. I like to cook, but not every meal or every day. The nutrisystem seems to work for me so far. No cooking, no counting, no guessing, and the food taste good even thought the portions are small :rollside:
And no This isn't just for girls, I think we can all encourage each other to keep going and report our successes her. We can have one smokin party next summer to celebrate! and that wouldn't be much fun with just girls :smile:

HotRod Sprint
01-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Ok, here are my numbers.
Goal is 180
1/1/05 - 213
1/13/05 - 207
Rod

Mr.Havasu
01-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Great start Rod, Keep up the good work.

HotRod Sprint
01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Great start Rod, Keep up the good work.
Thanks Michele. Making a speed run to Redlands, CA tomorrow and back home Sat. I will try not to eat too much junk. But will have to contend with a home cooked meal from mom :eek: :eek: :wink:
Rod

thesunking
01-13-2005, 09:20 PM
My wifey signed me up for the gym two months ago. I've been going M-W-F most of the time. Lost a couple of pounds. But its hard to stay away from the snacks for me. Not much willpower when it comes to candy and sweets. IF its not around, I am fine, but if I know there's goodies in the pantry, then I am bad.
I have cut back on junk food, down to once a week maybe. I have given up soda for the most part, and cut back on liquor a bunch. Seems to be helping.
I've been off the soda myself for about a year but the silver bullets (long neck) still linger in my frig. The flour tortillas, well, that's a tuffy to beat.

Mr.Havasu
01-15-2005, 08:28 AM
went out to dinner last night , had soup and salad, ate about half of each and gained 8/10th of a pound. :devil: ooh yeah I had a margarita to. :D Oh well back on today. Still down 6 lbs in one week. Going to the desert bar today for Charlies b-day bash. REPEAT AFTER ME: I WILL NOT DRINK, I WILL NOT DRINK, I WILL NOT DRINK! oh well someone needs to drive home, might as well be me this time. Ever see John Drunk, he's pretty funny.

Mr.Havasu
01-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Made it through the weekend, Lost the pound I gained eating out, so I'm back to where I was on Friday. 65llbs to go!

djunkie
01-17-2005, 02:15 PM
If there was a way to give weight away to the another person I would be more than happy to take some off your hands. I am in the opposite boat that you are in. Im 6'2" and I way about 185. I am trying to get up to about 200 to 210. I eat healthy foods and workout but I only seem to get stronger and not bigger. I'm sure one day it will all catch up to me though.

Lightning
01-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Which gym are you going to. Devra and I go in the morning before work to 24Hour in UTC.

Lightning
01-17-2005, 02:20 PM
Made it through the weekend, Lost the pound I gained eating out, so I'm back to where I was on Friday. 65llbs to go!
I will give you my opinion here, even though you have not asked for it.
Don't weigh yourself every day, 1 pound here of there is the difference between taking a shit and not taking a shit. Maybe weigh yourself every two weeks or go by clothes sizes - it may be more rewarding and also more motivating.

Mandelon
01-17-2005, 02:28 PM
Which gym are you going to. Devra and I go in the morning before work to 24Hour in UTC.
I go to the LA Fitness next to the Wal-Mart. Its right on the way to my office. They keep it really clean, and its totally quiet early when I go. Usually 6 am to 7 am, by 7:30 I am here at the shop.
There a bunch of folks in the spin class, but the machines and weights are wide open.

FMluvswater
01-18-2005, 02:25 AM
I've seen these ticker trackers all over the web. It seems a good visual motivator for staying focused on losing weight.
Here's a link to custom create your own ... ---> Ticker Tracker (http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php)
If you'd like to put a tracker to use, but rather not have it in your signature it's easy to save the link in your bookmarks/favorites and just put it in your posts when you check into this thread. :)
I'm playing the losing game too. Have been for a while now. I've been way too embarassed to talk about it. :redface: I'm pleased by how much I've already lost yet horrified that I ever let it get so bad in the first place. There's a real stigma to being a fat chick. :( Now I'm relatively close to my goal weight but still feel very nervous even talking about it. I feel better about how I look now than I have felt in a very long time. Being fat I got so used to being treated like I was invisible and deaf. It's been a little disconcerting to say the least to suddenly start getting noticed again - by guys who just last year likely wouldn't have looked at me twice. Disconcerting but ego boosting too. :) People I haven't seen in a while have had to pause a moment to recognise me - that's been odd for me too. I see me in the mirror everyday so the changes are only discernible to me in clothing sizes and in comparing before pics to more recent ones.
:redface: .... Okay here's one of my Tickers I made (the start number was in March 2002)
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/3;51;103;0;1/c/176/t/140/s/289/k/e5f2/weight.png
Here's the other one I made (start number was August 2004)
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/3;51;103;0;1/c/176/t/140/s/190/k/6b26/weight.png
I was consistently losing 4 lbs. month for a while but this last stretch is going even slower it seems. I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow and plan to weigh in (I don't have a scale at home; I been vaguely keeping track at Dr.s, ex-MIL's, and ex-hubby's). Sure be nice to move that ticker slider closer to the goal number. :clover:
Initially I was losing weight unintentionally but when friends started noticing and mentioning I was losing I started doing what I could to help things along. Not following any diet really just been picking up ideas here and there. Have greatly reduced my intake of refined sugars and anything "white" (pasta, tatoes, rice, buns). I switched to lower carb bread and lower carb cereal but I'm not doing Atkin's or South Beach just wanted to reduce my carb intake. Gradually went from 4 heaping teaspoons sugar in a 12 oz. coffee, down to one rounded teaspoon, then switched to Splenda, then switched to Equal spoonful. Now I drink my coffee black and unsweetened and I still enjoy it very much. I also switched from Vanilla Coke to diet Vanilla Coke.
Been eating way more protein than I used to. Due to recent gallbladder trouble however I have to reduce my fat intake next it seems. Don't want to give up my cheese entirely but I'm gonna try to cut it back. Gotta find me some low fat protein sources that don't compensate with added carbs. :notam:
Did you know jello light has protein (2 g/serving) and more of it than sugared jello (1.5g/serving) ? Cool IMO. Good thing I like jello light, lol.
My weaknesses regarding carbs are sandwiches, milk, breakfast cereals and black licorice. Regarding fatty foods it's cheeses (mainly mild cheddar and parmesan), all-meat pizza, hotdogs, smokies, sausage etc. .
Only one of my weaknesses is not a bad one at all - raw sweet red Bell peppers. Mmmmm, yummy! Better than candy!
Anyway just want to offer my support, encouragement and congrats to all the "losers" :wink: here. Good luck/will power to us all.

FMluvswater
01-18-2005, 01:29 PM
:) :) :)
Just got back from the Dr.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;51;103;0;1/c/170.5/t/140/s/190/k/e86b/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Mandelon
01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
So who else made it to the gym today....... :rollside:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-19-2005, 08:16 PM
WOW FM!! That is awesome! I know how hard it is to lose 20, I can't imagine having the willpower to keep it up for so long! You are amazing (and determined! )
Mandy, I made it to the gym today.

Debbolas
01-19-2005, 08:48 PM
my weight is usually around 150, (I'm five foot nine)
If I think I am gaining some weight, I will just eat salads for a few days...
Scream lost a bunch of weight on the no carb diet....he went from a 2xl to just an xl. :D

FMluvswater
01-19-2005, 09:43 PM
WOW FM!! That is awesome! I know how hard it is to lose 20, I can't imagine having the willpower to keep it up for so long! You are amazing (and determined! )
Mandy, I made it to the gym today.
Thanks for the encouraging words. :) Knowing I had so much to lose was overwhelming so I set mini goals along the way. It helped. I just keep in mind it took time to pack on the weight so I can't expect it to go away overnight either. I don't mind slow progress as long as it's progress. I had hit a plateau for about two months around Thanksgiving 2003 (Oct in Canada) that finally broke around Christmas that year. That drove me crazy. Glad the losing is happening steadily again. :)
I must admit I'm a lil impatient for this last stretch of 30+ pounds to get lost, lol. :wink:
Congrats on making it to the gym btw I know sometimes that's half the battle right there ... once there it's easier to get down to business and be focussed. :)

RiverKitty
01-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Wow Guys! I am proud of all of you!!! :clover:
I have really been self conscience about my weight latley. I've gained at least 20 pounds in the last year. None of my pants fit me anymore. :cry: For the first time in my life I get to experience "back fat". Yup, when I bend sideways, I can feel a wrinkle in my back...and guess what??? It HURTS! I never knew that fat can actually hurt! I like Mandy's idea of the caveman diet.....and don't forget.....cavemen excercised a LOT! I think that is the two greatest things I need to focus on in the next 6 months....eat good and excercise! Now if I could just find someone to excercise with??? :idea: :D
But you know, you guys could be as big as a house and I would still LOVE YOU!!! :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
01-20-2005, 09:46 AM
#1 No red meat
#2 No cheese
#3 No fried food
#4 Went to diet coke
#5 No white bread
1-2-04 226 lbs
1-20-05 213.4 and it still sucks! Still thinkin of cuttin out the beer!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2005, 11:00 AM
I wanna play too!!!!
I have been doing the low carb, reduced caloric intake plan since the 1-3-05. I am down 7 lbs. I power walk in the morning and again at lunch and do pilates or yoga at night. I feel awesome but still have a long way to go. My biggest obstacle is me and Jason just love mexican food! I cannot go to a mexi restaraunt and have a salad! :angry2: That would be un-American! ;) But I am making progress and plan to look pretty hot come spring time! :D

Mr.Havasu
01-21-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow!
I have been really busy the last week and haven't been in here to see everyones progress. I'm so proud of all of us for making this commitment. I think I'm going to book us up on the ***boat cruise today and set that as my goal date to be 125#. It would be so cool if all of us could make that cruise together :smile: FM baby, I had no idea. I'm so inspired by your commitment.
Ok here's my update:
1/6/05 197.4 Don't tell a soul
1/21/05 188.0 it slowed up this week.
I had a small set back when I ate out, so I actually lost 3.5 lbs this week which is a good pace. I'm steadily losing 1/2 lb a day now that my body is settling into the lower caloric intake. It's slow but that about 15# a month and that's exciting!
I think I'll go jump on my treadmill! Excercise has been the hardest part for me to get motivated for. My knee started hurting right at the end of December. Feels like it might be artritus. Just my luck as soon as I make a commitment to get fit a body part starts acting up to make it more difficult. It doesn't hurt too much so far today , so I'm going to go do an hour on the treadmill.
Thanks soo much everyone for your support, I know I will stick to it this time. I love my ***boat family!
Michele

Mr.Havasu
01-21-2005, 08:28 AM
FM baby, I like the ticker link!
hope I did this right;
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10401;0;0;0/c/-9.4/t/-72.4/k/ae88/weight.png

Ms. AquaBoogie1
01-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Ok guys, I'm checking in........As of today I am officially down 15 lbs. It has taken me two weeks being on this 6WBMO plan, I love it!!!!!!! Congrats on everyone elses success. We will all look hot come this spring!! :cool:

Mr.Havasu
01-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Way to go Ms. Aqua!

Lightning
01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
I did.

FMluvswater
01-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow!
I have been really busy the last week and haven't been in here to see everyones progress. I'm so proud of all of us for making this commitment. I think I'm going to book us up on the ***boat cruise today and set that as my goal date to be 125#. It would be so cool if all of us could make that cruise together :smile: FM baby, I had no idea. I'm so inspired by your commitment.
Ok here's my update:
1/6/05 197.4 Don't tell a soul
1/21/05 188.0 it slowed up this week.
I had a small set back when I ate out, so I actually lost 3.5 lbs this week which is a good pace. I'm steadily losing 1/2 lb a day now that my body is settling into the lower caloric intake. It's slow but that about 15# a month and that's exciting!
I think I'll go jump on my treadmill! Excercise has been the hardest part for me to get motivated for. My knee started hurting right at the end of December. Feels like it might be artritus. Just my luck as soon as I make a commitment to get fit a body part starts acting up to make it more difficult. It doesn't hurt too much so far today , so I'm going to go do an hour on the treadmill.
Thanks soo much everyone for your support, I know I will stick to it this time. I love my ***boat family!
Michele
Sounds like you are doing great. :cool: Losing is exciting just please don't you or anybody else injure yourselves with overdoing it with the excercise. An injury could set you back on your plans for it to become routine. Also if you go gung ho on it and don't get the results you wanted quickly you could get discouraged. Yes, I've experienced both scenarios. :notam:
I walk more and I dance (only at home, lol). I have fibromyalgia and most other typical excercise is quite painful for me. I do what I can when I can. :)
I'm glad others are finding the tickers helpful too. :cool:
I have an appointment with a dietician on Tuesday to try to sort out what I should be eating to reduce risk of more gallbladder trouble until my surgery and still keep losing weight. I'm also keen on making sure I get enough vitamins and minerals from food because I hate swallowing pills and most daily vitamins are freaking huge, lol! :supp:
I want to be healthy and still reach my goal of 140 lbs. . I don't mind how long it might take as long as I keep moving forward and keep it off once I get there. :)

Tom Brown
01-21-2005, 03:53 PM
When I first started going to the gym, I was looking for a workout partner. I thought I needed some peer pressure to keep me going. I've never been able to find anyone who would go beyond saying, "Yeah, that sounds great... maybe next week." so I've been on my own.
Now I'm so addicted to working out that it would probably be a drag to have to meet someone there at a preset time. I do my own thing and it's kind of personal, although I like talking to people and hearing what they are doing because I change out my routine fairly frequently.
... so yeah... I made it to the gym today also. :cool:
By the way, on Sunday I was at my goal weight of 200 lbs. Last night I was at 210. It would be nice to have less gut so I'm working pretty hard on both strength and aerobic.

Tom Brown
01-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the ticker link, FM. I'm going to plot my progress and keep a ticker in my signature. :cool:

ROZ
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
No bread, crackers, chips, candy, no cheesecake, nothing that is not whole and natural.
Blasphamy, I tell you! :lightsabe :(

Mr.Havasu
01-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the ticker link, FM. I'm going to plot my progress and keep a ticker in my signature. :cool:
Nice choice of Ticker Tom!

Debbolas
01-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Congrats to all you hardworking ***boaters :D
My, but we will be a pretty bunch this summer :D

RiverKitty
01-21-2005, 06:32 PM
When I first started going to the gym, I was looking for a workout partner. I thought I needed some peer pressure to keep me going. I've never been able to find anyone who would go beyond saying, "Yeah, that sounds great... maybe next week." so I've been on my own.
Now I'm so addicted to working out that it would probably be a drag to have to meet someone there at a preset time. I do my own thing and it's kind of personal, although I like talking to people and hearing what they are doing because I change out my routine fairly frequently.
... so yeah... I made it to the gym today also. :cool:
By the way, on Sunday I was at my goal weight of 200 lbs. Last night I was at 210. It would be nice to have less gut so I'm working pretty hard on both strength and aerobic.
If you didn't live so far away...I would be your partner :D
So how about some "before" and "after" pics???? :crossx: :D

Mandelon
01-21-2005, 07:10 PM
RK, I wanna see some during pics from you. :D
FM, so cum is ok on your diet?? :D
I had two bad days....junk food twice this week.... :eat:
Summer is coming.....don't wait!

FMluvswater
01-21-2005, 07:32 PM
FM, so cum is ok on your diet?? :D
Well it would be yes :D ... if I had a reliable steady source! :D

FMluvswater
01-21-2005, 07:33 PM
LMAO! That's great Tom. :cool:

Tom Brown
01-22-2005, 11:13 PM
If you didn't live so far away...I would be your partner :D
Thanks, RK. I don't know how that would work out for me as I'm not sure I could hold my gut in for the duration of a workout. :D
So how about some "before" and "after" pics???? :crossx: :D
I pretty much look like this but there's no way those shorts would handle my package.
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Track/6812/arnflex.jpg

Mandelon
01-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Cmon Tom, photochop your head onto Arnold.....that's be too much!! :D

Tom Brown
01-23-2005, 11:12 AM
As much as I admire Arnold, being a 300 lb gorilla is not my goal. As you said, there is only one Frenchie. My goal is to be healthy, keep my weight under control, and have some muscle tone. It's surprising how quickly the body responds when you set your mind to it.
It's great to see people like RiverKitty following this thread. Having a great body is no reason to treat yourself badly. Exercise and eating right are part of treating yourself with respect, IMO. Everyone ought to consider it.
When I started to exercise, my motive was to regain some strength that I lost when I had a bad cold that lasted about a year. I could barely do anything then. I've regained all the lost strength/body mass and more.
The first few workouts were pretty rough but after four or five sessions, I was surprised to discover how great I felt afterward. Working a muscle to depletion caused significant pain when I first started but it didn't take long to be able to work until I can't do any more and it feels great.
My hat is off to you people for taking care of yourselves.

Mr.Havasu
01-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Hi Everyone;
How did your weekend go?
I lost 1/2 a lb. Not much for not cheating.
So far down 10 have60 to go.
I don't understand why some days you lose 1/2 a lb and then you go 2 days without losing anything, when you are eating the same amount of calories each day. I guess that's why you're not supposed to weight yourself daily. Just want my 3 lbs a week!
Have a nice week everyone
Michele

Mandelon
01-24-2005, 04:20 PM
I overslept this morning...missed the gym. There is a bunch of candy in the office and it is severely testing my willpower.... :hammer2:
Man--->sucker for sweets<-----delon

RiverKitty
01-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Thanks, RK. I don't know how that would work out for me as I'm not sure I could hold my gut in for the duration of a workout. :D
I pretty much look like this but there's no way those shorts would handle my package.
I could help you hold in your gut for the pic!!! :D
What are friends for??? :p

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 11:06 AM
Nothing provides workout motivation like a beautiful woman. :D
By the way, I'm at 201 today. :)

Mr.Havasu
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
Wow Tom, You're dropping fast, Good for you!
I ate out last night and gained backs 1/2 lb. RATS! I'll be extra good today.

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Wow Tom, You're dropping fast, Good for you!
Thanks Michele.
Actually, I was 200 last Monday, shot up to 210 by Thursday, and now I'm back to 201 but I've had diarrhea for two days so who's to say where I really should be. Diarrhea is very dehydrating so it's not really a good time to test.
Still, I'll pretend that the lower number is thanks to hard work and a good diet. :D
By the way, you don't seem happy with your 1/2 pound loss but I would contend that's better than gaining a half pound. Sometimes it drops off faster than others so I wonder how valid it is to have such a micro focus on weight loss. :)
Don't forget to drink lots of water. :)

Mr.Havasu
01-25-2005, 02:27 PM
I think I'm going to try to only weigh myself once a week. It's getting a little discouraging not seeing a difference everyday. Maybe if I just see my 2 1/2 to 3 lbs a week I'll feel a little better.

FMluvswater
01-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I'm a little discouraged today; that 6 pounds I lost last week seems to have rediscovered me. :(
On a more positive note though my appointment with the dietician, earlier today, went well. She gave me some really helpful information/guidelines to low fat, low-carb, and glycemic index eating. :idea: :cool:
Right after my appointment, I picked up some groceries based on some of the information she imparted. :)
She showed me a cool website during the appointment ...
Calorie King Food Database (http://www.calorieking.com)
She looked up pizza to show me the breakdown of protein, fat, carbs and calories of a slice of pizza from some well known outlets (Dominoes, Pizza Hut, Boston Pizza etc.) . You can search for any food item at that site and get the breakdown on it. :cool:
Weight last week 170.5
Current weight 176
Total weight loss to date 113
Goal weight 140

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Well, I am kind of stuck at an 8 lb loss. We went camping and riding last weekend and I was really good except I drank beer and that was a no-no. I felt icky and bloated. It made me realize that I would rather be thin than buzzed so beer is out of my diet. Maybe come summer time I will splurge but for now, alcohol is out. The good news is I have not been able to button my riding pants all season UNTIL THIS WEEKEND!! Man, that was so great to put them on and be able to button them and wear them comfortably.
So now I am back on track, I am feeling great and staying focused. I am eating low calorie, low carb and its surprisingly easy. I am still powerwalking twice a day for a total of just under 4 miles and do pilates or yoga daily too. Its crazy cuz I actually look forward to excercising now. I will need to step up my workouts here soon but I have yet to figure out what I would like to add to my plan. I just bought a new bikini as inspiration!
Everytime I think I want something bad, I tell myself how much all this hard work will pay off and that it will be worth it. Stay focused everybody!

Tom Brown
01-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey Linda... you're hot. :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Thanks Tom, you are a total Cana-STUD!!
:shift:

Tom Brown
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
Its crazy cuz I actually look forward to excercising now.
It's neat how great it feels. :)
It's a treat to hear you're taking care of yourself. Both you and Jason are really terrific. I'm humbled by your generosity. Meeting you two was a highlight of my trip last winter. :cool:

Mr.Havasu
01-27-2005, 09:53 AM
finally broke my 5 day platue this morning and lost 1.2 lbs.-total to date 10.4

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2005, 10:26 AM
Awesome!! Congrats! You are losing at a very healthy rate! Keep up the hard work!
:rollside:
Linda

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2005, 11:06 AM
It's neat how great it feels. :)
It's a treat to hear you're taking care of yourself. Both you and Jason are really terrific. I'm humbled by your generosity. Meeting you two was a highlight of my trip last winter. :cool:
Oh Tom, you make me blush with your kind words! :D

FMluvswater
01-27-2005, 11:38 AM
Awesome! Congrats! :cool: :)

Tom Brown
01-27-2005, 11:45 AM
I won't know how I'm doing until tonight when I work out. Judging by how tight these pants are, I doubt it will be good. I had chinese food for lunch, also known as yellow carbs, so I'm probably closer to 210 than 200.
Nice job, Michele. :cool:

Mr.Havasu
01-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Judging from your fertility friend it looks like you've been losing a lb a day Tom. I love Chinese food, It's hard for me to stay away from it. I don't understand how as a country the chinese are so thin, I gain weight like crazy when I eat alot of chinese food.

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 09:36 PM
Tom does masturbating count as exercise?

Mr.Havasu
01-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Today's ticker
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10705;6;0;0/c/-10.4/t/-72.4/k/a25d/weight.png

Tom Brown
01-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Tom does masturbating count as exercise?
The way I do it, it does. :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-28-2005, 09:31 AM
well Yippy Zippy for me, I have finally lost my first 10 lbs!!!! :rollside: :rollside: I am so excited. Although I want to lose much more, I am pleased with my progress. I do wish I was losing a bit faster but I know I am losing at a healthy pace.
I think my boobies might be getting smaller though. :cry: I cannot afford to lose my girls. :mad: I am quite fond of them as is my husband. But I suppose its a minor trade off, thinner, healthier body with slighty smaller chi-chis. I could always get a set of bolt-ons!

superdave013
01-28-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok, checking in with ya all. I'm like RTJ, I don't drink beer very often but I love to eat. Oh, and eat some more. :rolleyes:
Used to not be a problem as I rode my bikes so much. We all know how it is to get busy so that slowed down and then stopped.
Anyway I'm tryin to put the fork down and get more active.
I've been going to the gym but man, I friggen hate it.
I have been riding my bike to work during the week so I at least get some milage in.
Trying to cut out all snacks and eat better. Who ever said that it's a lifestyle change hit it right on the head. I've done this before with great results only to slip back to my old ways.

Mrs. casean
01-28-2005, 01:11 PM
well Yippy Zippy for me, I have finally lost my first 10 lbs!!!! :rollside: :rollside: I am so excited. Although I want to lose much more, I am pleased with my progress. I do wish I was losing a bit faster but I know I am losing at a healthy pace.
I think my boobies might be getting smaller though. :cry: I cannot afford to lose my girls. :mad: I am quite fond of them as is my husband. But I suppose its a minor trade off, thinner, healthier body with slighty smaller chi-chis. I could always get a set of bolt-ons!
Yeah for you! That is great! This totally made me laugh though about the boobies! So true isn't it! :hammer2: Now that you lost 10, the rest you want should be easier... good luck & congrats to you!

FMluvswater
01-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Congrats Mrs. Bordsmnj! :cool: I hear ya about the boobage last place I ever gain it but always first to go. :notam: I bet I lose my C 's seeing I have 30 more lbs to lose. :idea: Oh well maybe I'll find me a man someday who likes whatever size they end up :D! I'll remain fondly attached to them regardless - they'll always be mine! :D
Weighed myself at the ex's yesterday and either it was being kind or I'm back down to 171. :) I'm hoping it was accurate of course! :D Let's say that it is. :idea: :wink:

Mandelon
01-29-2005, 07:02 AM
They say anthing more than a mouthful is a waste...
Man--->Saturday morning heading to the gym<----delon :220v:

Tom Brown
01-30-2005, 04:26 PM
...Used to not be a problem as I rode my bikes so much. We all know how it is to get busy so that slowed down and then stopped....
That's the thing, isn't it. It's easy to be self indulgent when you're 19 and obsess on whatever but as we get older, it's a big deal to make time for health.
For what it's worth I ate crap for a few days, didn't work out for 3 days, and had a huge burger this afternoon. Before my workout, I was at 201. :D
The moral here... don't bother working out or eating right. :D

FMluvswater
01-30-2005, 09:15 PM
They say anthing more than a mouthful is a waste...
I've still got some waste! :D :cool: Harboring hope too. :)

Mr.Havasu
01-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Congrats to all of you and welcome Superdave!
I went to Phoenix this week end for the Barrett-Jackson auction and I was so scared that I would gain a lb or two back from eating out all weekend. I was so happy to see the scale this morning at exactly what it was Friday morning before the weekend. :rollside: Didn't gain an ounce (Didn't lose one either)
Congrats Mrs. Bordsmnj! and Tom on your 10 lbs gone
Keep up the good work everyone
Michele

INSman
01-31-2005, 05:06 PM
Michele,
Did you get the offer from the fax ??
Blane

C-2
01-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Still dropping here......
187 today, broke the plateau early last week. I haven't seen anything below 190 since I got my boat 10 years ago!!!! Waist has dropped from a 38 to a comfortable 36; even an old pair of 34's were manageable. Sucks all my nice suits are tailored at 38 - you can only tighten the belt so much before the pants start folding :(
That's 27lbs. since Jan 3. New target weight of 170 before starting the gruelling Body for Life weight training.
:D :D :D

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Right on C-2! :cool: Congratulations! I know it feels good when my clothes tell me whatever I'm doing is still working. :) The dress pants I bought just before New Years were quite snug when I bought them - I could breathe and bend down in them but it was a bit of a struggle to get the inside button done up. The night of my birthday (just over 4 weeks later) I could pull the waist band away from my waist about an inch without sucking my tummy in. :)
Wishing everyone continued progress. :clover: :)

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Hi all, hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been reluctant to post because I haven't been to the doctor in over a month and his scale is what I can trust right now. In late November my Doctor informed me that I have type II Diabetes, I had to make a life style change right then and there, I have cut out nearly all sugars and nearly all carb's from my diet in an effort to control my blood sugar levels, I even had to cut down on the Rum and Diet Pepsi's :( and the Beer :( . In late November I weighed in at 219 yesterday I returned to the Doctor and weighed in, I am happy to say that I am down to 203 with my goal to maintain about 190. It is really great what you have all accomplished, I look forward to progressing along with each and every one of you, yes even you Tom Brown. Here's to each and evreyone of you, to our healthier lifestyles and looking great for the river season...
Best Regards to you all,
gjb - Barry

Mrs. casean
02-01-2005, 08:11 AM
Hi all, hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been reluctant to post because I haven't been to the doctor in over a month and his scale is what I can trust right now. In late November my Doctor informed me that I have type II Diabetes, I had to make a life style change right then and there, I have cut out nearly all sugars and nearly all carb's from my diet in an effort to control my blood sugar levels, I even had to cut down on the Rum and Diet Pepsi's :( and the Beer :( . In late November I weighed in at 219 yesterday I returned to the Doctor and weighed in, I am happy to say that I am down to 203 with my goal to maintain about 190. It is really great what you have all accomplished, I look forward to progressing along with each and every one of you, yes even you Tom Brown. Here's to each and evreyone of you, to our healthier lifestyles and looking great for the river season...
Best Regards to you all,
gjb - Barry
Barry,sorry to hear about he diabetes. That is great you are taking action on it now and you're doing good! It will be well worth it. Good Job & sorry about the beer, rum & Diet Coke!!
:notam:

Mr.Havasu
02-01-2005, 08:30 AM
Welcome gotta-jet and C-2, the more the better. I come here for inspiration and everyone is great in that dept. It seems alot easier to keep to it knowing that everyone knows what I'm attempting to do.
My body is fighting me all the way. I think I can survive on little or no calories and not lose an once sometimes, just doesn't make since. I'm eating around 800 calories a day and only losing about a lb a week since the 2nd week and that's not good enough. Whats your secret Tom?
Still at 187 :mad:

Mrs. casean
02-01-2005, 08:37 AM
Welcome gotta-jet and C-2, the more the better. I come here for inspiration and everyone is great in that dept. It seems alot easier to keep to it knowing that everyone knows what I'm attempting to do.
My body is fighting me all the way. I think I can survive on little or no calories and not lose an once sometimes, just doesn't make since. I'm eating around 800 calories a day and only losing about a lb a week since the 2nd week and that's not good enough. Whats your secret Tom?
Hi Warlock! I'll give inspiration! I enjoy motivating people and inspiring people on this. I mentioned before and I'll do it again... I'm proud of me... I lost 20 lbs in 4 months last year. Now I'm ready to get back into it and kill 15 more. I'll be happy w/ 10, but 15 will put me back to my High School weight! (I can hope :) ) So I'll be happy to put in any input and motivation and cheers to you all. If ya don't mind. :D GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! Sounds like you are all doing great!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I feel your pain here. I feel like I should be losing way more than 10 lbs but I think we are losing at a healthy rate so don't get discouraged. And I bet you are losing inches too which does not neccesarily equate to loss of lbs too. And don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat so don't let the scale be your only gauge. :rollside:
I am still at the 10 lb loss myself. I am happy that I at least did not gain over the weekend. I did manage to go camping/riding over the weekend again and did not drink one ounce of beer or any alcohol. :boxed: I even brought a 12 pack with and came home with 11 (Jason's dad had one) That there is something to be proud of, don't ya think? I had to keep telling myself that drinking a beer was not worth the bloat and carbs and the potential to overeat! It worked!!
So, everyone keep up the hard work, its so worth it!
The peeps of Havasu and Parker are gonna have to watch out.....the Thin in 2005 crew are gonna be showing some skin this summer!!!!
:rollside: :rollside:
Linda

Tom Brown
02-01-2005, 11:25 AM
Barry, I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please take care of yourself because I'd like to come down there and tease you about your weight problem in person. Maybe we can compare gut sizes. :D
I know you will be able to stay the course and get yourself feeling better and living healthier. :)
Whats your secret Tom?
I don't have a clue. I've never had a weight problem prior to the last couple of years.
It seems like my weight fluctuations are not directly related to any particular day or two of eating and exercising habits. There seems to be considerable weight inertia that revolves around eating and exercise.
Exercise seems to be more important than what I eat but both seem important. Because I'm not far from my goal weight (200 lbs), I am more concerned about trying to consume sufficient nutrients and simply cutting out the garbage (more protein, fewer carbs, little to no sugar). I've never been big on sweets so I've been enjoying these eating patterns and they aren't far from what I'm used to.
I've been around 202 the last day or two. By the way, I'm 6'4".
My theory is that my body can fix itself if I stop treating it so badly. I'm trying to eat well, exercise, and just forget about my gut flab and other areas of fat. How come fat never collects in the penis? ... perhaps with some of it in lumps. :idea:
And don't forget, muscle weighs more than fat so don't let the scale be your only gauge. :rollside:
Well said. :)
That there is something to be proud of, don't ya think?
Linda, you have so much to be proud of. You are someone I admire on many levels. :cool:
Good luck everyone,
Tom :)

BarryMac
02-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Barry, I'm very sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Please take care of yourself because I'd like to come down there and tease you about your weight problem in person. Maybe we can compare gut sizes. :D
I know you will be able to stay the course and get yourself feeling better and living healthier. :)
Thanks Tom and everyone else, I honestly didn't post that to get any sympathy, life throws you curve balls once and a while and I have to learn how to hit 'em, I have a positive attitude and great support from my wife and daughters and of course all of my HB Buddies, I want to be healthier lose the weight so when I see tom Brown I can make fun of his gut and he will only be able to say "Wow, you look great, I wish I was as Handsome and Slim as you are" :D LOL :D , just kidding, you are all doing tremendous, keep up the awesome work and don't get discouraged, it could be a lot worse we could live in Canada... :D :D :D

C-2
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Keep plugging away Warlock and everybody else, a low calorie diet change will yield results. My biggest pitfall was about a six pack of beer every night – which was bad all the way around. I’m sure my liver is happy with its little vacation.
I’m currently trying not to take in more than 500 cals a day, with vitamin supplements and plenty of water. And for anybody who thinks I must be starving myself – not happening. I just eat a wiser choice of foods. Cooking is also one of my passions and except for the weekend work requirement, I would probably switch careers and become a chef. Since we (my wife is also in) started this change, I have actually enjoyed conjuring up new low calorie meals – it’s a fun challenge. And it’s even better when you can pig out, yet only take in 150-200 cals for an entire meal!
Perhaps the biggest change in eating is nothing more than convenience. It’s convenient to get a burger or any other fast food (yummy too!). But if you take 10 minutes of your time and prepare some fresh vegetables and sensible protein – it can be just as filling and tasty. Granted, not as tasty as a burger, but filling and satisfying nonetheless.
We’ve been eating a lot of fresh veges (and fresh is key here ~ old taste like chit), fish and chicken, grilled and seasoned or steamed with garlic powder, salt and pepper. No oil, no butter. You’ll be surprised how tasty veges are without either, just use good tap water! No beef (not yet), and no breads/rice, which I do miss. However, to satisfy the “need for crunch”, we’ll have a mini bag of popcorn, which is only 110 calories for the entire bag, or even some of the low cal/carb soy chips which are pretty damn tasty. Stupid little substitutions like this make a low calorie lifestyle work.
After we reach our target weights, it’s time to tone up with weights, but not before since trying to lose weight while gaining muscle can be very frustrating. When we reach our goal weight – we will continue with a sensible low cal lifestyle – but will enjoy Sunday as our pig-out days, and will also enjoy sensible dinners out with friends.
And oh yeah - NO SNACKING NO SNACKING NO SNACKING. Clean your house, write a letter, go driving around. Just don't do it, keep yourself occupied(unless you're on the boat of course.)
Beer for me – I’m still torn. Love everything about it, except for the alcohol, calories and carbs.
Anybody else following that Celeb fitness show on VH1(?). They are working out like mo-fo’s, but it appears to me they haven’t changed their eating habits. Except for that Baldwin guy – he’s probably like me and has cut out the beer; he’s losing at a pretty good clip without really exercising.
And the part which sucks about all of this – I got the Al Rocker syndrome going on. No matter how much weight I’ll lose – I’m still gonna have a big fat face :mad: :cry: :cry: It’s in the genes!!!!!

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
gjb- if you get your weight down enough will it reverse the diagnosis? Do you control your sugars with diet only or are you on meds? If I'm getting too personal just tell me :redface: ... I'm just very curious and I do care. :) Hope you reach your goal weight and maintain it like you want. :clover:
C-2 I could not be so regimented as you are willing and able to be - wow, more power to you! :cool:
Due to gallbladder problems I have to eat frequently but smaller portions and little to no fat ... I'm used to one or two large meals/day with minimal snacking - this 6 times/day eating business is hard work lol :D but I'm doing the best I can.
Lucky for me I love raw veggies - they are my snack of choice anyway and have been for ages. Especially red bell peppers and broccoli. :)
Thinking cheering on thoughts for everyone attempting to reach a healthier weight. :)

BarryMac
02-02-2005, 06:13 AM
gjb- if you get your weight down enough will it reverse the diagnosis? Do you control your sugars with diet only or are you on meds? If I'm getting too personal just tell me :redface: ... I'm just very curious and I do care. :) Hope you reach your goal weight and maintain it like you want. :clover:
C-2 I could not be so regimented as you are willing and able to be - wow, more power to you! :cool:
Due to gallbladder problems I have to eat frequently but smaller portions and little to no fat ... I'm used to one or two large meals/day with minimal snacking - this 6 times/day eating business is hard work lol :D but I'm doing the best I can.
Lucky for me I love raw veggies - they are my snack of choice anyway and have been for ages. Especially red bell peppers and broccoli. :)
Thinking cheering on thoughts for everyone attempting to reach a healthier weight. :)
Thanks FM, I am on meds for now, hoping that I can reverse it enough to where diet and exercise will control it, unfortuantely you never really get cured, my doctor explained it too me like this "It's like being pregnant you either are or you aren't, with Diabetes, you either have it or you don't". I am working hard at eating better and getting exercise when time permits, we are all way to busy these days...
Great job everyone keep up the good work... :D

FMluvswater
02-02-2005, 06:32 AM
Thanks FM, I am on meds for now, hoping that I can reverse it enough to where diet and exercise will control it, unfortuantely you never really get cured, my doctor explained it too me like this "It's like being pregnant you either are or you aren't, with Diabetes, you either have it or you don't". I am working hard at eating better and getting exercise when time permits, we are all way to busy these days...
Great job everyone keep up the good work... :D
Thanks for answering, gjb. :) I misunderstood the nature of type II diabetes. I had thought type II just meant your pancreas couldn't produce enough insulin to your body IF you were overweight but that if the weight came off then insulin production would again be sufficient (as before diagnosis/onset). What can I say .. I was hoping I was right and you'd get to reverse it. :redface:
I'm still optimistic that you'll get it under control as you say with diet and excercise. :) Keep on keeping on gjb. :cool: Success to you. :clover: Take care. :)

MrsJetDriver
02-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Well, I've been reading this thread for the past couple of days and I decided that if I join in on posting then maybe I will stay motivated to lose weight. You are all doing so awesome! :D My goal is to lose the baby weight that I never managed to lose after my first and my second. I really am embarrased to put my weight on here, but maybe it will light a fire under me and get me going. My husband has been dieting and has lost 16 pounds in three weeks, so lets see what I can do to keep up! :D When I have a chance I will get one of those ticker things going.
Current weight as of 02/02/05 : 176
Goal weight: 150
I just wanted to thank you all again for keeping this thread going, it great!
:D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Welcome MrsJetDriver!! This thread is totally motivating!! Stick with us, seems we are all trying very hard to make a difference in our health and having the support of each other is very motivating!
On that note, I am down 12 lbs this morning!!!!!! :rollside: I am one happy camper!! I know its not alot but its starting to make a difference! My clothes are fitting waaaaaay better and I am just full of energy! I can't wait to come on here and say I dropped a size!
One of my coworkers is joining me on eating healthy and exercising and we just took before pics. We are going to start journals today, with the before pic in the front. We are going to log our daily progress for 120 days and then take new pics and see how we look! It will be just in time for summer too!!!
Good luck to everyone today!
Linda

Mr.Havasu
02-02-2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah Baby! we got another one!
Welcome Mrs. Jet Driver.
I feel like I'm at AA...Hello my name is Michele and I'm addited to fatty foods.LOL.
Really I'm so proud to have started this. It helps me alot to have a support group all working for the same goals. We will be showing some skin this summer(Of course in my case it will be very white because it hasn't seen the light of day in several years :yuk: )
I'm going to start a new thread title "Thin in 2005 Chart your course" where everyone can post there progress and then just keep editing your chart with the updates so we wont have to read through several pages to see how we are all doing.
Good luck today everyone.
Michele

Tom Brown
02-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Hello my name is Michele and I'm addited to fatty foods.LOL.
I think that's pretty much what it is.
If you think about it, it feels great to eat well. Eating crap seems to be a compulsive behavior.
:)

Mr.Havasu
02-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Tom I like the goal you posted in the other thread...At least you're honest! :D

Mr.Havasu
02-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Good day today! lost 1.2 lbs from yesterday. My biggest single day drop since the first week :wink:

MrsJetDriver
02-03-2005, 09:10 AM
As much as I wanted to weigh myself this morning, I didn't. Unfortunately, what the scale tells me will usually determine what my mood is like for the day. I woke up feeling "thinner" so that's good enough for me. I am going to try and break my habit of getting on the scale first thing every morning. I will weigh myself every 3-4 days and see how that goes. :)
Congratulations on the weightloss Warlock 25, that's awesome! :D

Tom Brown
02-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Tom I like the goal you posted in the other thread...At least you're honest! :D
I've been walking through a sexual desert, Michele. ... and there have been no mirages.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I've been walking through a sexual desert, Michele. ... and there have been no mirages.
Tom, you crack me up! :D

Mr.Havasu
02-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Tom, you crack me up! :D
ditto!
Mrs. Jet, my hats off to you if you can stay away from the scale. I completely relate to the whole mood thing. I get so discouraged when I don't even lose an oz off (My scale weighs to the oz) and I know I didn't cheat. But I just can't seem to help myself from climbing on it every morning hoping to see the reward from being good the day before.

Mrs.Racer277
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Good day today! lost 1.2 lbs from yesterday. My biggest single day drop since the first week :wink:
Wow Michele way to go. :D I just noticed this thread and this may be exactly what I need to get my act together.
Summer is just around the corner. I am going to need alot of help here. Mrs.CASEAN Help me out here I need your cheering. :D

Mrs. casean
02-03-2005, 07:44 PM
Wow Michele way to go. :D I just noticed this thread and this may be exactly what I need to get my act together.
Summer is just around the corner. I am going to need alot of help here. Mrs.CASEAN Help me out here I need your cheering. :D
I'm here for ya! I need your's too :D I'm back on the Lindsay Plan :idea: I have until April 1st! http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar9446_1.gif

Mrs.Racer277
02-03-2005, 07:52 PM
I'm here for ya! I need your's too :D I'm back on the Lindsay Plan :idea: I have until April 1st! http://www.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar9446_1.gif
I am thinking tomorrow I will go pick up a couple of boxes of those shakes I was doing and then ......Monday hit it hard. I have 2 goals summer and my class reunion. You know my 5 year one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok I can do this. Thanks Linds. Knew I could count on you. :D

Mrs. casean
02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
I am thinking tomorrow I will go pick up a couple of boxes of those shakes I was doing and then ......Monday hit it hard. I have 2 goals summer and my class reunion. You know my 5 year one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Ok I can do this. Thanks Linds. Knew I could count on you. :D
Mine is summer and to feel better and get ready for my reunion for next year... may as well get it done now and not start freaking out next Aug when I get the invitation or whatever happens at those :D You'll do great! I started it for real this week... gotta get one more day in and I"m set for the week, but w/ superbowl, I better get one more day in... tha't my true free day... a keg and good yummy food! Yeah Right!

Mrs.Racer277
02-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Mine is summer and to feel better and get ready for my reunion for next year... may as well get it done now and not start freaking out next Aug when I get the invitation or whatever happens at those :D You'll do great! I started it for real this week... gotta get one more day in and I"m set for the week, but w/ superbowl, I better get one more day in... tha't my true free day... a keg and good yummy food! Yeah Right!
That is why Monday for sure. Super X and Super Bowl. Not going to be good. But if I get the shakes I have NO excuses. :D Thanks for the help. :D

C-2
02-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Still doing fine here, finally broke another plateau at 187, was there for about a week.
Down to 185 now, which is 29lbs.
Still enjoying cooking low cal - made a huge skillet full of Shrimp stir fry last night. 500 cals for the whole dish, split between 3.5 people (Shrimp 240 cals, veges - aparagaus, broccoli, bean sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, water chestnuts, a few soybeans, fresh garlic, snow peas, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, remaining 260 cals+-)
Like I said, not hard to make the meals, just takes a little effort. Hell, even our two year old is abandoning her yummy foods like corn dogs, spaghetti-o's and the likes for our food - so we must be doing something right!!!!
I might go no-holds barred on Sunday, at least with beer. Why not!!!
Keep rockin on ya'all. :)

Tom Brown
02-04-2005, 10:54 AM
...yummy foods like corn dogs, spaghetti-o's...
Speaking of how I got to 215... :D
What better time to help your youngster adopt good eating habits? :)

Mrs. casean
02-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I just can't do it on Sunday, too much yummy food and a keg... diet what? I'll just have to be real strict starting Monday to make up :D

C-2
02-04-2005, 02:12 PM
I just can't do it on Sunday, too much yummy food and a keg... diet what? I'll just have to be real strict starting Monday to make up :D
Light beer is about 100 cals a pop - so go ahead and drink 12!!! You can walk/excercise half that amount off the following day (or the day after that if your head still hurts) :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Mrs. casean
02-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Light beer is about 100 cals a pop - so go ahead and drink 12!!! You can walk/excercise half that amount off the following day (or the day after that if your head still hurts) :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
Coors Light is what we got... PERFECT! I can not feel too guilty! Monday's gonna hurt. :D In the morning and then in the evening when I do my run! :D

Mandelon
02-06-2005, 09:34 AM
That Michelob Ultra beer tastes pretty good. Low carbs.....
Drink lots of water.
Use lots of flavor and spices when cooking.

Tom Brown
02-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Mrs. casean, don't forget your 12 mile walk today (or just 6 miles to burn 600 of those 1200 calories). :D
Walking - calorie burn counter (http://www.ricedietprogram.com/o_instr_tips_walking.php)

Mr.Havasu
02-07-2005, 10:06 AM
O.K. How did eveyone do during superbowl?
I cheated a little. I had two cocktails during the superbowl- Rum and diet coke. But I didn't cheat with any snacks. Gained 1/2 a lb over the weekend. Also went to the LA boatshow so I was eating out all weekend.
Got home Sunday and the AB scissor I ordered from Bodies by jake was waiting on my doorstep. (I love it)
So back on the diet and exercise routine for me.
Welcome Dia!, you can do it. Just hang out here with us and you will stay motivated.

C-2
02-07-2005, 10:19 AM
Stayed home from both the boatshow and Superbowl, being sick helped with that decision :mad:
182, so I'm thinking about dropping my goal to 165.
Hey Tom Brown,
You know Der Weinerschnitzel is promoting their chili dog diet - they just won't say which way you go, up or down!!!! Kinda funny.

MrsJetDriver
02-07-2005, 10:25 AM
I didn't do too hot over the weekend. Ate out a couple of times. I'm sure those two pounds I managed to lose are back, but I'm not going to get on the scale again for a couple of days, so we'll see. Back to the strict diet today. :shift:

Mr.Havasu
02-07-2005, 11:29 AM
Hang in there MsJetDriver!, Drinks lots of water today and you should be right back to where you were before the weekend.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Well, I neither gained nor lost over the weekend which is good considering I drank 4 beers and 2 cocktails at Supercross AND had a slice of pizza. Shame on me. Then we went to the boatshow yesterday and I ate a bunch of beef jerky, no big deal, but then we had KFC for dinner. Owell, I am back on track today.
:mix: :mix:

Tom Brown
02-07-2005, 07:11 PM
You know Der Weinerschnitzel is promoting their chili dog diet - they just won't say which way you go, up or down!!!! Kinda funny.
If those chili dogs are hot enough, they would be a great weight loss assistant. Diarrhea keeps the caloric intake down and, of course, there is no concern of retaining too much water weight.

MrsJetDriver
02-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Wow....I just got done doing pilates for the first time. Jeez i'm weak. And now I'm very sore. :D Hopefully it will get better the more I do it. Has anyone else tried this? I just figured it would be nice to do something other than the regular workout. Good luck to everyone on the diets this week. Stay strong, and avoid all the superbowl leftovers. :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Mrs.JetDriver, I am starting that tonight. I have Winsor Pilates, I have done it before and I never thought that something that looked sooo easy to do would kick my butt!!!! It works definately. My girlfriend started 1 1/2 months ago and has lost 7 inches in her waist :D
So I'm feeling guilty, I kinda went off my plan today and had some M&M's.......I'm having a hard time staying focused. My biggest problem is making time for the excersise. I can't seem to stay motivated........HELP!!! :messedup:

MrsJetDriver
02-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Ms. Aqua you can do it. A little slip up will happen here and there. Just keep on truckin. I think I will do the pilates every other day, because the way my body feels now I don't think I could do it tomorrow.
Warlock 25, I'm afraid I just can't stay away from the scale. I have weighed myself the last two days in a row. Curiosity got the better of me. Still the same weight. But at least I didn't gain.
It's too bad its not as easy to take the weight off as it is to put it on! :hammer2: :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I know, I feel the same way. I think I might alternate days also, it really does kick your butt though. So what is your goal? How much by when? I would love to keep everyone accountable because I know I need it!!!!! :rolleyes:

MrsJetDriver
02-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I always forget to put my ticker in my posts. My goal is to get the weight off from having the kids. :D
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10719;107;0;0/c/-2/t/-26/k/4cf1/weight.png

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-09-2005, 08:36 AM
I do Windsor Pilates too!! I have been doing it since 1/3/05 and its making a big difference in my body. I love it. Keep at it, its gets easier to do!
Ok, I have not lost a single ounce in the past 5 days! :cry: I work out daily and eat low carb, low cal, low fat and still am not shedding pounds like I think I should be. I know muscle weighs more and I have lost an inch on my thighs in the past week but I cannot help being fixated on what that dang scale has to say!!! :frown: I am feeling very discouraged. :yuk:
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;105;0;0/c/-13/t/-47/k/e6ff/weight.png

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 10:52 AM
I know muscle weighs more and I have lost an inch on my thighs in the past week but I cannot help being fixated on what that dang scale has to say!!! :frown:
How has the sex been?

C-2
02-09-2005, 02:08 PM
I do Windsor Pilates too!! I have been doing it since 1/3/05 and its making a big difference in my body. I love it. Keep at it, its gets easier to do!
Ok, I have not lost a single ounce in the past 5 days! :cry: I work out daily and eat low carb, low cal, low fat and still am not shedding pounds like I think I should be. I know muscle weighs more and I have lost an inch on my thighs in the past week but I cannot help being fixated on what that dang scale has to say!!! :frown: I am feeling very discouraged. :yuk:
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;105;0;0/c/-13/t/-47/k/e6ff/weight.png
Being stuck at a plateau sucks....but they come and go. Hang in there!
I hit plateaus at 195, 187 and I think 182. Dunno, thought the scale said 181 today, we'll see tomorrow.
Gaining muscle while trying to lose weight will drive you nuts. I haven't been this size since I left the construction industry back in 88', and I wanna hit some weights - but am still holding off until I reach my target weight.
Keep on the low cal/carb path and you'll get to where you are going! :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Being stuck at a plateau sucks....but they come and go. Hang in there!
I hit plateaus at 195, 187 and I think 182. Dunno, thought the scale said 181 today, we'll see tomorrow.
Gaining muscle while trying to lose weight will drive you nuts. I haven't been this size since I left the construction industry back in 88', and I wanna hit some weights - but am still holding off until I reach my target weight.
Keep on the low cal/carb path and you'll get to where you are going! :)
So, should I stay away from any weights until I lose more weight?
and thank you for your encouragement.

C-2
02-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Starting weight - 214
Old goal of 170
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10301;69;0;0/c/-33/t/-44/k/0e73/weight.png
[/url]
New Goal of 165
http://www.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10301;69;0;0/c/-33/t/-49/k/1871/weight.png

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
So, should I stay away from any weights until I lose more weight?
My opinion is... no, don't stay away from exercise.
I would encourage you to adopt a goal of being healthy, rather than being a specific weight. If you're small, strong, and sexy as hell... who cares what you weigh?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-09-2005, 03:17 PM
My opinion is... no, don't stay away from exercise.
I would encourage you to adopt a goal of being healthy, rather than being a specific weight. If you're small, strong, and sexy as hell... who cares what you weigh?
I didn't mean should I not excercise at all, I just meant should I not use weights within my workouts until I lose more.
And Tom, I am trying very hard to adopt being healthy, that is my goal but you have to admit, I have some unneccessary extra pounds that I could do without. I will never be small, its just not in my make-up, I am fricken Polish and Japanese and unfortunately, the Polish genes are bigger than the Japanese ones.
For once, I would like to actually weigh what my dirver's license says! hahaha
And as for the sex Tom, my lack of comment should be answer enough at this time. :sleeping: :sleeping:

Tom Brown
02-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Linda, I hope you take your body type into account when you set a goal weight for yourself. If you're shaped like a woman, you're going to have a hard time achieving a 95 lb / 5'6" goal (not that I know anything about your current geometry or your goals... those numbers were arbitrary).
I would suggest that a woman who is solid and wears a size 8 will tend to be hotter than the same woman who is lighter but wears a size 10. Also, the solid woman will be more active and do more stuff. Not only that, exercise can be a big part of having a positive outlook and being happy. All of these things make the smaller, heavier girl more attractive, IMO. A happy woman is a hot woman. :)
Lastly... make no mistake, a woman can wear a size 10 and be smoking hot. I think it would be more difficult for a woman to be hot if she doesn't like herself, though.
Weight is just a number.
By the way, I assume women would look for the same thing in a guy. I'd guess a man who is healthy, in good physical condition, and active would tend to be more attractive than a man who is lighter.

MrsJetDriver
02-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Well said Tom! I am one of those women that will never be considered "skinny" or "tiny". I'm 5'9 and by no means have a small body frame. So I guess part of my goal is to just accept who I am, and accept that I will most of the time be bigger than most other women. This has always been a challenge for me. But if I can accept this then I will probably be a lot happier, and in turn look better to others. You know, society has made it a real bitch for an average women to feel good about herself. :rollside:
Revised goal: Get rid of the weight from having kids, and be happy with who I am. :D
Mrs. Bordsmnj: I don't think any of us will reach or drivers license weight! lol I think that the more weight we lose the lower we will tell the dmv we weigh. :D Isn't that the way it goes??? :)

ChumpChange
02-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Linda, I hope you take your body type into account when you set a goal weight for yourself. If you're shaped like a woman, you're going to have a hard time achieving a 95 lb / 5'6" goal (not that I know anything about your current geometry or your goals... those numbers were arbitrary).
I would suggest that a woman who is solid and wears a size 8 will tend to be hotter than the same woman who is lighter but wears a size 10. Also, the solid woman will be more active and do more stuff. Not only that, exercise can be a big part of having a positive outlook and being happy. All of these things make the smaller, heavier girl more attractive, IMO. A happy woman is a hot woman. :)
Lastly... make no mistake, a woman can wear a size 10 and be smoking hot. I think it would be more difficult for a woman to be hot if she doesn't like herself, though.
Weight is just a number.
By the way, I assume women would look for the same thing in a guy. I'd guess a man who is healthy, in good physical condition, and active would tend to be more attractive than a man who is lighter.
Wow, Tom is a lot different in here than in the Sandbar.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Tom, you are such a great friend !! You're a total Cana-Stud! :rollside: I totally agree that confidence radiates regardless of how much I weigh. :rollside:
Mrs.JetDriver, I am 5'10" so I can totally relate to the fact that we will never be petite and small. On the other hand though, I think our heights are totally sexy and we have an edge on shorter woman...loooong sexy legs! :p

BarryMac
02-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Weighed in the morning, holding in at 202, started at 219 and my goal is 190, 12 more to go hopefully I will achieve that weight before April 12th, my wedding anniversary...
You guys are all awesome, yes even you Brown, you are all so encouraging, makes me want to go run a mile. Thanks to all of you, keep up the great work...

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm 5'9...
I am 5'10"...
How do I find a tall chick like you two?
I'm 6'4" and have found it interesting how short women are interested in me. The shorter, the more they seem interested.
The thing is, it's impossible for a 6'4" guy to have shower sex with a 5'2" woman. The woman could stand on a stool but that puts me at more risk than I am comfortable with in slippery shower conditions.

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Wow, Tom is a lot different in here than in the Sandbar.
How do you mean? :D
Lose lips sink ships. :D

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Tom, you are such a great friend !! You're a total Cana-Stud! :rollside: I totally agree that confidence radiates regardless of how much I weigh. :rollside:
Mrs.JetDriver, I am 5'10" so I can totally relate to the fact that we will never be petite and small. On the other hand though, I think our heights are totally sexy and we have an edge on shorter woman...loooong sexy legs! :p
I'm with you two on the height thing, I'm 5'8 and so called "big boned" so I've never had a small frame, I would just like get back to my pre-kids body, but that was 13 yrs ago. I see that age definately makes it more difficult to lose weight :notam: I don't have a set weight, I would just like to "look" and "feel" good, so I just threw out a number. As long as I look good in a bathing suit, that's all that matters :cool:
Thanks for the inpspiration Tom!!

MrsJetDriver
02-10-2005, 12:52 PM
The thing is, it's impossible for a 6'4" guy to have shower sex with a 5'2" woman. The woman could stand on a stool but that puts me at more risk than I am comfortable with in slippery shower conditions.
lmao :D

MrsJetDriver
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
Mrs. Aqua, I'm with you on the "look" good and "feel" good. When you are as tall as us girls are, it's really hard to go by weight. If I weighed 140 pounds, it would sound good, but that would be too skinny for my body. I'm surprised at how many tall girls are in here. I am the tallest out of all of my friends. :)
Warlock 25...are you out there? Haven't heard from you in a little while? How's it going? I'm trying to drink lots of water as you suggested, but it's hard sometimes. It's not the best tasting stuff in the world...lol. :)

Mr.Havasu
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
Here I am! ;) Thanks for asking. I've been really busy the last couple of days. I'm with Linda I been good all week and hadn't lost an ounce. Finally dropped a lb today. John just went bowling so I think I'll go use the treadmill for a hour. The weight loss really has slowed to a crawl. Don't look like I'll be anywhere close to my goal by bathing suit season. Course living here in Havasu spring break starts next month. But maybe by summer I'll be down enough to start feeling better about myself.

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 05:14 PM
... maybe by summer I'll be down enough to start feeling better about myself.
:confused:
What about the weight you've already lost? Why are you beating yourself up? You've lost over 5% of your body weight in a month. Surely that counts for something. :confused:

ChumpChange
02-10-2005, 05:21 PM
How do you mean? :D
Lose lips sink ships. :D
You seem meaner in the sandbar and supportive in here. Good Job man.

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 05:33 PM
You must be thinking of someone else. http://www.havasubarney.com/forums/html/emoticons/unsure.gif

Mr.Havasu
02-10-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks Tom;
Just tired tonight I guess. Feeling a little down, don't know why. Thanks for the support.
Michele

Tom Brown
02-11-2005, 02:49 PM
I just want to mention that I've worked out four times at home this week but I haven't been to the gym. I'll weigh myself this weekend. I'd imagine I'm still around 205.
... just so you folks don't think I'm slacking off. :D

shadow
02-11-2005, 03:50 PM
tttfile:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/tech/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/LAKEHA
VASU104828.jpg

Tom Brown
02-12-2005, 10:09 PM
I think it was fabulous of Rexone to pin our "Chart your Course" thread.
Thanks, Mike. :cool:

FMluvswater
02-12-2005, 10:45 PM
I think it was fabulous of Rexone to pin our "Chart your Course" thread.
Thanks, Mike. :cool:
I second that. :cool: Thank-you Mike. :)

C-2
02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
Checked in at 179 today - which is down 35 lbs since Jan 3. Honestly, it hasn't been that tough. I miss beer, but one day turns into two, two into three and before you know it's been a month without beer! Guess that's where the whole "one day at a time" philosphy comes in. Anyhow....
I too want to keep everybody motivated and thought maybe exchanging some healthy meal ideas, quick dishes, or other healthy food tips might help us all stay focused. So I'll start.
This evening I whipped up a batch of my favorite Shrimp cocktail. This is a Mexican style cocktail and can feed 3-4 adults with several helpings; tons more if served in a cup cocktail style. It's a smokin', original dish you rarely see at parties.
To keep it as low cal as we could - we left out the avocado - which really wasn't missed. Otherwsie, best I could figure is an entire bowl of cocktail is about 100 cals. no crackers, but Tapatio hot sauce is still tasty with each spoonfull:
20 oz Ketchup (1 lbs)
4 Lemons
4 Limes
Regular/Med Size Red Onion
1 lbs Imitation Crab Meat
2 lbs. Shrimp
2 Cans Baby Clams (and use the juice too).
3 Tomatoes
1 Bushel Cilantro
2 or 3 Cucumbers
Avocados to taste
3 Green Chiles (less seeds)
3 Yellow Chiles (less seeds)
Salt/Pepper to taste
Garlic powder
Serve in a bowl or cup with Saltines and Tapatio hot sauce.
This is an unreal cold appetizer, or even a meal. It has two downfalls though; it can be expensive if you don’t find a good deal on shrimp, and the other is you’ll have to pick and choose your parties since after bringing this dish – you’ll be invited to them all!
Some ingredients in the dish make it better or worse. Find good tomato’s, vine ripened if possible. If you have a strong onion – scale it back some. Make sure cucumbers are crisp – not spongy. Shrimp is also a key player. Preferably I like to cook my own, cool them, and then add them to the dish. But you can also use the ready to eat cooked shrimp with equally good results. If you cook your own shrimp and sear them in butter, garlic and parsley like I do – be sure to drain the shrimp before adding to the dish. Do not deglaze the pan and add it to the dish – the butter will float to the top and put a film on the dish since it’s served cold.
Be sure to add the exact ingredients – don’t leave out cilantro, chilies (not bell peppers!) or onion. Trust me, they are in there in the right amounts and even people who normally can’t stand cilantro or onion won’t notice they are in there. Be sure to keep the Chile seeds out – you can always add heat later.
Finely chop the following – Cilantro, chilies, and onion.
Coarse chop the tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers, you want somewhat bite size chucks.
Juice the lemons and limes.
Cut/shred the crab meat.
I usually chop all the vegetables first, throw them in a large salad bowl, add the lemon/lime juice, salt and pepper, and garlic powder and mix it real good. Then I’ll add the crab meat, shrimp, clams/juice; finish it by adding the ketchup. Normally you need about a cup or two of water to bring the liquid level up – and use good water, bad tap water can destroy this dish. More salt/pepper and garlic powder to taste.
This dish is like a good spaghetti sauce – the more you stir it, the better it tastes. And it gets even better after refrigerating it overnight. Throw some on a cracker with a dash of Tapatio ~ and you’ll be in culinary heaven.

C-2
02-13-2005, 09:36 PM
Here is a great spice mix to liven up your fish and chicken dishes:
Emeril’s Essence Spice Mix
2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
Combine all ingredients thoroughly
For whatever reason – the homemade version above tastes different (way better) than the store bought Emeril’s Essence. I usually make 3-4 times the amount above and save it in an empty McCormick’s spice bottle. And it’s portable – when I go to the river with my cooking supplies, I carry only a few ingredients but can make anything taste great – salt, pepper, garlic powder, essence and a rib rub.
If you’re into blackened foods – this stuff is amazing. Use it on catfish, tilapia, snapper or other non-fatty types of fish. It doesn’t mix well with salmon, halibut and some cods – too much oil in the fish (cals too).
Simply coat a fillet generously with the spice mix and sear at high heat with butter or olive oil (do not use either for low cal cooking!!!). The spices will form a nice thick crust and while the fish will appear burnt – but it isn’t. The spices turn black, but they’re not burnt either. I also add a little kosher salt towards the end of cooking.
I’m telling you –if you put this in front of a fish lover – they’ll be amazed. The fish is that good, and boy was it easy, but you don’t need to tell them that!
The spices also work great to blacken chicken in the same manner
I’ve been cooking low cal so I forego the searing and simply coat the fillets and grill them – and it comes out great. Chicken too. I see Emeril add the spice to a lot of dishes – which half the time I don’t understand knowing what it tastes like. But hey, never hurts to try new things.
A tilapia or catfish fillet cooked in this manner is 90-110 cals, a chicken breast 110-130. So if you combine the fish with a vegetable or two – you’re still only pushing 150-200 cals for an entire, tasty and filling meal.

Tom Brown
02-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Checked in at 179 today - which is down 35 lbs since Jan 3.
9 pounds to go. :cool:
Way to go. http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
That's some pretty crazy weight loss, though. Did you take a high caliber gun shot wound to the belly, or something? :confused:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Wow C-2, how did you lose 35 lbs in a-1/2 months???? :confused: Good job!
I on the other hand am still stuck. I did not lose a single ounce in the past week but I didn;t gain either so that is the good side I guess. I will admit to being somewhat of a slacker last week and not excercising to the extent that I had been. I guess it proves I need daily excerise to aide in my weight loss.
How is everyone else doing??? Share some success, I need the encouragement!!
Linda

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-14-2005, 11:12 AM
Well Linda, I too haven't moved on the scale this past week and I did exercise :cry: But I have lost a total of 7 inches :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Well Linda, I too haven't moved on the scale this past week and I did exercise :cry: But I have lost a total of 7 inches :D
Losing inches is pretty cool huh? I am starting to like that more than losing pounds!
Good job! We are all going to more smokin' hot than we already are in no time!!
:wink:

Tom Brown
02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Losing inches is pretty cool huh? I am starting to like that more than losing pounds!
I like gaining inches. :cool:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Good job! We are all going to more smokin' hot than we already are in no time!!
:wink:
Yeah I have learned to not let the scale over power me, as long as I can feel it in my clothes, I'm happy!!!! I just can't wait to get in that damn bathing suit and look decent!! :wink:

FMluvswater
02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
as long as I can feel it in my clothes, I'm happy!!!!
YES! Me too! :cool: My snug size 12 dress pants aren't so snug no more and I'm down another 5 pounds too as of 3 days ago. :) Closer I get to goal weight more optimistic I feel that I will. :) I try not to mind how long it takes but I get impatient with plateaus too. I'm starting to kind of expect them ... but at least I know I can get past them just like before - cuz I said so. :D
Mrs.Bordsmnj - Congrats on lost inches! :cool:
warlock25 How are you doing? :)
http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/3;10711;121;0;0/c/-123/t/-149/k/c3bb/weight.png
Trivia: Laughing out loud for one minute is the equivalent of 3 minutes on the treadmill ... so next time you go to the gym you can stand in front of the treadmills and just laugh! :D :wink:

Mr.Havasu
02-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Hi ALl;
I'm platueing myself. Haven't been 100% on the diet this past weekend. Been eating out too much, but been sticken with atkins type meals when I eat out. Haven't lost anything for a week, Still down about 13 lbs. Need to start exercising for real and stick with the diet. Oh , I've had a few adult beverages lately and that's just not helping.
O.K. all of us that are platueing need to re-commit this week to improve in an area that we know we can improve. For me...I will not have any more alcohol this week and I will find the time to exercise at least every other day. O.K. there is my pledge.
Hang in there everyone you are all doing amazing!
C-2 thanks for the recipes, you must be a great cook!
And thanks for posting the Chart your progress post to the top. I was wondering if we all just kept editing it how we were going to keep it on the front page.

Tom Brown
02-15-2005, 09:45 AM
Michele, there's no need to exercise every day. Three times a week is all it takes. Your body needs time to recover.
If you want to exercise every day, you can but you need to be mindful of working out different muscle groups every day. :cool:
Have a great week, everyone. :)

C-2
02-16-2005, 11:30 PM
I almost forgot golden rule numero uno....
NEVER TELL YOUR SPOUSE (OR ANYBODY) YOU'RE COOKING HEALTHY FOOD. Let them figure it out!!!!
Other ideas....
Cut a skinless chicken breast in half. Take a meat tenderizing mallet and flatten them to about 1/2" thick. Voila, you just took 120-130 cals and cut them in half, yet it looks like the same portion amount. If you wanna pig out, eat the other half. Still better than eating two whole breasts. It's a psycho thing.
Cutting chicken breasts in half and tenderizing them with a mallett makes them easier and faster to cook, and they come out fork tender. I'll never cook a big, fat whole breast again.
And Tom Brown that's mallett....NOT MULLETT!!!!! :eek: :eek:
A great soup to buy is made by Harry's and comes in either Egg Drop or Hot/Sour. This stuff tastes just like restaurant soups and has only 130 cals. You can find it at Vons in their deli section - it's heat and serve. I'm telling you this soup rocks - we usually add a fresh vege in it. Mmmm good.
The above is how I've lost 35 lbs. over the past 1 1/2 months. Diet only thus far, little or no excercise. And oh yeah, NO BEER :cry: :cry: :cry:

MrsJetDriver
02-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I've been on here. So, there have been so not so good updates with my weight. I was starting to think my scale was not working right because it would just lose five pounds overnight, and it wasn't quite matching the weight that my husbands gym scale tells him. So I decided, it's time to buy a new scale. So I bought one yesterday, and I've decided that I don't like it....because it told me the truth!!! My other scale was off by a whopping 16 pounds!!! :jawdrop: :frown: Sooooo, I will now have a revised ticker, and a lot more to lose. But as Oprah would say, I need to "own the number". It was certainly depressing to see my actual weight, but I'm the one who got myself here, so I'm the one who must work it off. The good news is that the scale told me I was 191 yesterday and today I was 188.5! And that's just one day of no diet soda, and drinking lots of water. Geez, it looks like i'm starting to write a novel here! :rollside: Enough of my blabbing. I am making a new commitment to myself, that I will workout at LEAST three times a week on cardio and 4 days of toning (pilates).
I just want you all to know that you are very inspiring. You are helping me to learn that I will plateau and that I WILL make it through them. Keep up the great work everyone!!! :D :D
P.S. My tip for the week is: It really does help to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Not even one little cracker. It makes me feel so much better when I wake up in the morning. :shift:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10719;107;0;0/c/-2.5/t/-41/k/ca2a/weight.png

JetBoatRich
02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
You go Steph :wink: I am trying to do the same thing :cool:

MrsJetDriver
02-17-2005, 09:01 AM
Thanks Rich. It seems to be a neverending battle, but you never know, maybe this time I'll win. :D You already look great Rich, but I know, no one ever 100% satisfied with themselves. ;) :D

FMluvswater
02-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a while since I've been on here. So, there have been so not so good updates with my weight. I was starting to think my scale was not working right because it would just lose five pounds overnight, and it wasn't quite matching the weight that my husbands gym scale tells him. So I decided, it's time to buy a new scale. So I bought one yesterday, and I've decided that I don't like it....because it told me the truth!!! My other scale was off by a whopping 16 pounds!!! :jawdrop: :frown: Sooooo, I will now have a revised ticker, and a lot more to lose. But as Oprah would say, I need to "own the number". It was certainly depressing to see my actual weight, but I'm the one who got myself here, so I'm the one who must work it off. The good news is that the scale told me I was 191 yesterday and today I was 188.5! And that's just one day of no diet soda, and drinking lots of water. Geez, it looks like i'm starting to write a novel here! :rollside: Enough of my blabbing. I am making a new commitment to myself, that I will workout at LEAST three times a week on cardio and 4 days of toning (pilates).
I just want you all to know that you are very inspiring. You are helping me to learn that I will plateau and that I WILL make it through them. Keep up the great work everyone!!! :D :D
P.S. My tip for the week is: It really does help to stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Not even one little cracker. It makes me feel so much better when I wake up in the morning. :shift:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10719;107;0;0/c/-2.5/t/-41/k/ca2a/weight.png
Congrats on the 2.5 pound loss! :cool: Celebrate every little bit of progress! :cool: The little steps get us all there. :)

Mr.Havasu
02-17-2005, 09:04 PM
I was wondering what happened to you mrs Jet Driver. I'm glad you didn't quit. Sorry to hear your shocking news with the new scale. I was thinking of getting a new one when mine kept saying I didn't lose anything, but now I'm afraid to :D
Hang in there, we are all in this together. Now if I can just get through this week end without doing any damage. Everyone is coming to Havasu for the fireworks, It's going to rain all weekend, which mean staying inside and what else....eating and drinking. Crap this is going to be a hard weekend.
Tom.... excercising everyday is far from my problem, I just want to excercise once or twice and if I live through that maybe I'll try it again ;)
C-2....I like the 1/2 a breast idea!

MrsJetDriver
02-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words FM. I guess we all want to lose all the weight right now. I need patience, and it's one thing I cetainly don't have a lot of. As of this morning I have lost 3 pounds in two days. So that is something I should be proud of. I'm just bummed that I am so much heavier than I thought I was.
Warlock... I hear ya on the excersise thing. I have two younger kids and with all of the running around and life in general it's hard to fit in workouts. I have to do it when my husband is home to "babysit". Which narrows it down to about 7:00 at night when I'm exhausted, but I am doing it at least 3 times a week. But keep up the good work. They say 1 pound a week is healthy weight loss.
Good luck everyone this weekend!!! It's my hubbys b-day, so I will have a lot of tempting stuff around, if I can just not gain anything I will be happy. :rollside:
P.S: C-2 and Tom.....congratulations on losing soooo much weight....sometimes I wish I was a man for the easier weight loss. :wink: :p :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-18-2005, 08:46 AM
Hey everybody! I FINALLY broke the plateau and have hit the 15 pounds lost mark!! I am so happy! Took almost two weeks to see that scale move again!!!! I was getting really discouraged but kept with it.
I also got a new workout that you guys might like, ever heard of Core Secrets? Its a balance ball workout advertised on tv. Its awesome, I love it and the workouts are about 20-30 minutes. Really easy to fit into a busy schedule. I have been doing that along with Pilates and walking/jogging almost everyday. This hard work is bound to pay off sooner or later, right?!?!?
Keep up the good work everybody! WE can do this!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;105;0;0/c/-15/t/-47/k/f13a/weight.png

JetBoatRich
02-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Steph, stay positive it is a tough road :D between Thanksgiving and Christmas I gained to much weight back :messedup: and skipped the GYM. Back at it and be back to the fighting weight real soon :D
Steph started walking everyday after she takes the kids to school.
looks like we all will be ready for Summer :cool:

Jetdriver
02-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Well, Since the 3rd of January I have now lost 20 pounds. Can I just tell you how much I hate the treadmill! But its what works. I see the wifey told you all about the stupid scale we had, Oh well she is doing very well! :D:D:D:D

JetBoatRich
02-18-2005, 09:19 AM
Well, Since the 3rd of January I have now lost 20 pounds. Can I just tell you how much I hate the treadmill! But its what works. I see the wifey told you all about the stupid scale we had, Oh well she is doing very well! :D:D:D:D
The treadmill does work, but my dam knees are starting to hate the thing :confused: see what happens when you hit 40 :yuk:
May have to switch top the bike :cry:

Tom Brown
02-18-2005, 11:55 AM
If you like the walk/jog/run motion of the treadmill but don't want to expose your knees to the impact, consider trying an eliptical machine. They work really slick and take the impact away from running.

FMluvswater
02-18-2005, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the encouraging words FM. I guess we all want to lose all the weight right now. I need patience, and it's one thing I cetainly don't have a lot of. As of this morning I have lost 3 pounds in two days. So that is something I should be proud of. I'm just bummed that I am so much heavier than I thought I was.
That has happened to me also so I could relate. :) I always say truth only hurts if you believed a lie first, lol. Damn scale. :D You're doing great keep it up. :cool:

FMluvswater
02-18-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey everybody! I FINALLY broke the plateau and have hit the 15 pounds lost mark!! I am so happy! Took almost two weeks to see that scale move again!!!! I was getting really discouraged but kept with it.
I also got a new workout that you guys might like, ever heard of Core Secrets? Its a balance ball workout advertised on tv. Its awesome, I love it and the workouts are about 20-30 minutes. Really easy to fit into a busy schedule. I have been doing that along with Pilates and walking/jogging almost everyday. This hard work is bound to pay off sooner or later, right?!?!?
Keep up the good work everybody! WE can do this!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;105;0;0/c/-15/t/-47/k/f13a/weight.png
Woohoo! Right on! High fiver! :cool: Way to persevere! :)
I've heard of that Core Secrets thing. Sounds like fun. Is it difficult to get the hang of it for the balance and co-ordination challenged (me! :redface: ) do you think? :idea: :D

Tom Brown
02-18-2005, 10:30 PM
I FINALLY broke the plateau and have hit the 15 pounds lost mark!!
:cool:

bordsmnj
02-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Woohoo! Right on! High fiver! :cool: Way to persevere! :)
I've heard of that Core Secrets thing. Sounds like fun. Is it difficult to get the hang of it for the balance and co-ordination challenged (me! :redface: ) do you think? :idea: :D
Fm, its take a couple minutes to get used to and you feel like a total jackass at first but once you get the hang of it, its really cool. It only took about 3 workouts to get the hang of it!! I totally recommed it! This morning I did a Core Secrets workout and then Pilates and I feel AWESOME!!!!!!
Tom, thanks for keeping track of me, I appreciate your encouragement like you don't even know!! ;)
Linda <------Ooops, signed on as the Mr.

FMluvswater
02-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Fm, its take a couple minutes to get used to and you feel like a total jackass at first but once you get the hang of it, its really cool. It only took about 3 workouts to get the hang of it!! I totally recommed it! This morning I did a Core Secrets workout and then Pilates and I feel AWESOME!!!!!!
Tom, thanks for keeping track of me, I appreciate your encouragement like you don't even know!! ;)
Linda <------Ooops, signed on as the Mr.
Cool thanks for the 411. :cool:
I'm down 4 pounds. :)
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10711;121;0;0/c/-127/t/-149/k/bd3b/weight.png

Kim Hanson
02-19-2005, 05:27 PM
[QUOTE=Tom Brown]As much as I admire Arnold, being a 300 lb gorilla is not my goal. As you said, there is only one Frenchie. My goal is to be healthy, keep my weight under control, and have some muscle tone. It's surprising how quickly the body responds when you set your mind to it.
It's great to see people like RiverKitty following this thread. QUOTE]
Im following it and all i can say Tom is Labbatts Lite Diet , im not so fat :p .........( . )( . )........j/k keep up the good work folks.. :cool:

Kim Hanson
02-19-2005, 05:32 PM
Never lose........( . )( . ).........those are a god send........( . )( . )......... :idea:

Kim Hanson
02-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Im very sorry and will vacate this space, Tom knows me and I have no place here....Keep up the good work though its good to see people doing something besides bitch about it! ..........( . )( . )..........Thumbs up to all of you and GottaJet, sorry to hear about that news you got :(

Tom Brown
02-19-2005, 09:33 PM
Tom knows me and I have no place here....
You know Kim... I didn't want to say anything but you could stand to drop a few pounds. :D
How is the beer and cigarette diet working out for you?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-22-2005, 09:10 AM
Hellooooooooooo??? where are all the latest updates?????
Well, i am still chuggin along. I am waivering between 15 and 16 pounds lost so I am still calling it 15. I am looking forward to hitting the 20 pound mark!! I have cheated here and there by eating mexican food or having a beer or something but I don't feel guilty about it.
Working out has been going very good and I feel strong and amazing. And really, thats what matters, right? Once a week I try on a bikini to see my progress, still not where I want to be but I don't look like a stuffed sausage either! :D My husband thinks I look hot so I go by that!
I am looking forward to hearing from you guys, Michelle, FM, Mrs.JetDriver, Ms. Aquaboogie, and the rest of this hot crew!!! And of course, the infamous Tom Brown, whats your latest?
xoxo
Linda

Tom Brown
02-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanks for asking, Linda. Also, thanks for inspiring. :)
I haven't worked out since last Wednesday. I'd guess I'm the better part of 210 right now. I'm starting to feel guilty about it and I definitely don't have the energy I had when I was working out all the time. I know I'll bounce back after my workout tonight. :)
I'm at work but I brought my gym duds so I'll hit the gym after work and have a look at what I'm up against. My pants feel kind of tight, though. :D

FMluvswater
02-22-2005, 03:35 PM
Hellooooooooooo??? where are all the latest updates?????
Well, i am still chuggin along. I am waivering between 15 and 16 pounds lost so I am still calling it 15. I am looking forward to hitting the 20 pound mark!!
Working out has been going very good and I feel strong and amazing. And really, thats what matters, right?
I am looking forward to hearing from you guys, Michelle, FM, Mrs.JetDriver, Ms. Aquaboogie, and the rest of this hot crew!!! And of course, the infamous Tom Brown, whats your latest?
xoxo
Linda
Sounds like you're doing great, Linda. :cool:
Hope you have a great workout Tom. :) When you go several days of not working out when you start up again do you gotta treat yourself like a newbie again? :idea:
I check this thread pretty regularly for updates too. :) I only tend to update my own progress after I weigh in on somebody else's scale which doesn't happen very often. I'm considering getting my own scale but I don't want to be obsessed with numbers either. I'm eating healthy, I excercise when I can, I drink lots of water and my clothes are getting looser. I'm feeling pretty good. :) Weighing in so far is just corroboration of what I already know - whatever Im doing it's working, lol - so far so good. :D
I think the idea of this thread is fabulous. :cool: I appreciate the support that's here when we need it and we all have and likely will again at some point. Meantime we get to cheer each other on. Much :clover: and success to all! :D :cool:

Mr.Havasu
02-22-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm so proud of all of you guys and gals. Down about 14 lbs for me, hopefully I'll get to 15 or 16 by the week end.
I cheated big time on Saturday night and gained a lb and a half. It's back off now but I would be soo much further along if it wasn't for the dumb weekends. Oh I forgot, I guess I cheated on Friday night as well. I'm begainning to hate weekends. specially holiday weekends.
I'm back on course and I don't think I have company coming this weekend so hopefully this will be a better weight loss week. Lately it seems like I've been going two steps forwards and one step back. It's a slow way to get anywhere, but I'm not giving up. Started at 197.4, down to 183.4 this morning.
Keep up the good work everyone, you really are inspiring me to stay with it.
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10721;119;0;0/c/-14/t/-72.4/k/fa6f/weight.png

FMluvswater
02-22-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm so proud of all of you guys and gals. Down about 14 lbs for me, hopefully I'll get to 15 or 16 by the week end.
I cheated big time on Saturday night and gained a lb and a half. It's back off now but I would be soo much further along if it wasn't for the dumb weekends. Oh I forgot, I guess I cheated on Friday night as well. I'm begainning to hate weekends. specially holiday weekends.
I'm back on course and I don't think I have company coming this weekend so hopefully this will be a better weight loss week. Lately it seems like I've been going two steps forwards and one step back. It's a slow way to get anywhere, but I'm not giving up. Started at 197.4, down to 183.4 this morning.
Keep up the good work everyone, you really are inspiring me to stay with it.
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10721;119;0;0/c/-14/t/-72.4/k/fa6f/weight.png
You realise you just said you're still making progress in spite of so-called cheating? :wink: Maybe relaxing the rules on the weekends would work okay for you? Seems like it hasn't done any real harm just makes things a lil slower than you'd like? :idea: Losing 14 pounds is nothing to sneeze at - celebrate - be proud of yourself! Woohoo you lost 14 pounds!!!! That's great! :cool: Go warlock25! :cool: :D

Bre
02-22-2005, 07:11 PM
You guys want me to make you a health/fitness/weight loss section on my site? Just a suggestion. Let me know :shift:

MrsJetDriver
02-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey everyone...just checkin in. I totally hear ya on the weekends warlock. I do great all week on eating healthy because the hubbys at work and it's only myself and the kids I need to worry about, but as soon as the weekends here I just can't seem to stick to it. We have eaten out every night since Saturday and the husband was home yestereday and today! :hammer2: So tomorrow things will go back to normal and hopefully I will drop the two pounds I gained over the weekend. :frown: I am not going to weigh myself until friday so we shall see where I am at then.
Mrs. Bordsmnj keep up the great work and that 20 pound mark will come in no time at all! :)
FM...I think it's awesome that you don't have a scale. Not too many people can lose weight as you have and not depend on a scale to keep them going. :rollside:
Keep up the great work! You are all definitely keeping me from giving up! :D

Kim Hanson
02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
You know Kim... I didn't want to say anything but you could stand to drop a few pounds. :D
How is the beer and cigarette diet working out for you?
You did asked..............( . )( . )........ :cool: Im stuck at 140lbs and hard as a rock thanks :notam: I want to be forgotten about please, I said please Tom............ :coffeycup

C-2
02-22-2005, 09:34 PM
Hello All,
Keep up the good work. Stay on track and if you cheat a little...hit it a little harder!!! No worries.
I finally had some beers on Saturday - 4, and reflecting back guess i don't really miss them that much.
O.K., I'm a liar, but after the first one, they seemed to be less important to me. I had beers, shrimp cocktail, blackened fish and fat-free jello as dessert..whoo hoo, cranked in about 2000 calories that day.
Today i'm at 175, which was my original target weight. I won't hit my new goal weight before the end of this month, but regardless, time to start working out.
Who else is starting to look forward to this summer??? I figure we've already shaved 80 lbs between the two of us - and the boat will be a little faster!!!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;7;69;0;0/c/-39/t/-49/k/f089/weight.png

C-2
02-22-2005, 09:55 PM
And oh yeah.....another great low cal dish.
Chicken Parmesan, sans the parmesan
Split a boneless breast, flatten both sides with a mallett/tenderizer.
Drop into seasoned flour; drop into a 1/4 cup of egg beaters (or the like), do a quick roll around; and finally into Panko bread crumbs. I like to season them before baking with salt/pepper/garlic powder. Bake at 400+- until golden.
Find a low calorie sauce. Classico with mushrooms/olives has 40 cals per serving.
DO NOT USE PASTA!!! Find a tofu noodle - their called Shirataki noodles, you can find them in the tofu/soy section of the market. 40 cals for an entire package, which is the equivalent of an average serving of pasta noodles.
Boil the noodles and drain; throw the chicken breast on top; a scoop of sauce and top off with a chesses substitute named Vege-Shred (also found in the tofu/soy section).
Voila, a kick ass "pasta" dish with 200-250 cals for the ENTIRE serving. Nice crispy breast with full-strength sauce. The only thing missing os the gooey cheese.
Calorie breakdown:
20 cals Panko bread crumbs/flour
40 sauce
10 egg beaters
10 Vege-Shred
40 noodles
60 chicken (one Piece) If you wanna pig out, use both sides at 120 cals.
I also like to serve a nice vege on the side. Tonight it was Okra - just can't get enough of the stuff.

FMluvswater
02-22-2005, 10:55 PM
I am not going to weigh myself until friday so we shall see where I am at then.
FM...I think it's awesome that you don't have a scale. Not too many people can lose weight as you have and not depend on a scale to keep them going. :rollside:
Keep up the great work! You are all definitely keeping me from giving up! :D
I'm not that tough - when there is a scale nearby well ... me=metal scale=magnet! :redface: :D It's my damn curiosity if it's there I just gotta know! :D Honestly feedback from friends and family are what have kept me working at losing. I'm kind of a loner homebody so it's not unusual to go a couple weeks without seeing them (other than my son) and the comments they make when I do see them have been really encouraging. :) I really think greatly reducing my simple sugars intake is what has been working for me. I've cut back on other carbs where I could but have not eliminated them by any means. I eat a lot of low fat protein (tuna in water, eggs, lean beef jerky, jello light), lots of my fave veggies (red bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, raw fresh mushrooms). I switched to low carb bread and cereal cuz I love sandwiches and I love cold cereal, lol. I don't cook much (I can - it's just why bother? it's only me here). I eat my veggies raw. It's my finger food of choice. :cool: I refuse to shun dairy products gotta have my milk and cheeses (cheddar, parmesan, cottage). While I'm waiting to get my gallbladder out I can't have cheddar and it's nearly killing me. :( Soon as it's out - hello again, cheese! Possibly 3 months away though. :notam:
Hope your scale makes you smile on Friday, MrsJetDriver. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-23-2005, 08:02 AM
You guys want me to make you a health/fitness/weight loss section on my site? Just a suggestion. Let me know :shift:
Bre, I haven't been able to log in to your site for ever now. I know it was down but now when I try, I cannot access it? :confused: I miss my workout tips by Bre!!
I will try again right now!

Tom Brown
02-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Rich. :cool:

Bre
02-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Here is a little section for you guys. I will try to post as much stuff/ helpful tips in it as I can.
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Mr.Havasu
02-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey everyone!
Just checking in to say WOW!
collectively we are doing great. and who would of thought we could make our boats go faster this summer without paying big $$$$$ for engine upgrades :D
I'm having a great week so far. Lost 2 lbs yesterday (don't know what I did right) I was dreaming of a number all night and when I hit the scale this morning it was that number- I think I'll call my new diet "Lose weight while you sleep" oh wait, that ones been done before :)
Down to 181.2 this morning, maybe break into the 170's by the end of the weekend if I don't cheat.
Keep up the good work everyone, I too im so inspired by everyones efforts.
Michele

BarryMac
02-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Your all doing awesome. I haven't posted up in a while just wanted to tell ya that I hit an even 200lbs today so I have 10 more to go, total weight loss to date is 19lbs...
Keep up the good work, our summer days are looking better and better every passing day. See ya all at the River...

Mr.Havasu
02-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Congrats! 19 lbs is a noticable difference! way to go!

Mr.Havasu
02-24-2005, 06:06 PM
Just added up what we have collectly lost since Jan 05 and it's 129 lbs so far. thats just adding up the totals in the chart your course post. That's not counting the additional 117 lbs that FM lost prior to that for a group total of 246 lbs. way to go everyone!

Tom Brown
02-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Welcome Betibig. I see you're well on your way to your goal. :cool:
Tell us about yourself. :)

FMluvswater
02-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Just added up what we have collectly lost since Jan 05 and it's 129 lbs so far. thats just adding up the totals in the chart your course post. That's not counting the additional 117 lbs that FM lost prior to that for a group total of 246 lbs. way to go everyone!
I like the group total! :D Are we there yet? :D :wink:
It's really so great to hear how everyone is doing. :cool:

FMluvswater
02-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Welcome Betibig. I see you're well on your way to your goal. :cool:
Tell us about yourself. :)
Wow! Yes what Tom said Betitbig! :cool: Congrats on your progress. :cool: What is working for you? :)

Mr.Havasu
02-25-2005, 07:07 PM
Welcome Betitbig! Glad you stopped in, Your doing a great job so far.

Tom Brown
02-27-2005, 03:04 PM
In case you folks thought I had dropped out, I have reached my goal of 200 lbs. Now I have to figure out how to reduce the size of my gut. :confused:

MrsJetDriver
02-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Congratulations Tom! :D That's awesome, and it must feel great to say that! I would think maybe crunches? :confused: If you think of another excersise that works for that area let me know. I hate crunches! :angry2:
A little update on me...I haven't lost, but I haven't gained. Any time I can make it through a weekend without gaining, I'm happy! :D

Tom Brown
02-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Thank you for the encouragement.
I have lost 15 lbs. That's really nothing compared to what some of you have lost.
Far more importantly, I'm in much better physical condition. I have far more energy than I used to and I feel much better. The actual number is not particularly relevant but at least I'm not popping the top button on my pants anymore. :D

Mr.Havasu
03-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Way to go Tom!
I went to River Daves over the week end...and let's just say I suffered a setback. Someone kept handing me beers, and dammit I kept taking them.
I was up one pound on Monday, and I thought no big deal, I'll just be good today and it will dissapear. NOPE, I'm up another pound today and I only ate 500 Calories yesterday. So I'm back to where I was a week ago. 183. I guess I really can't cheat if I want to get into a bathing suit by summer.
Seems like we have all been slowing up lately, I haven't noticed too many updates in the chart your course since last week. Come on everyone, we can do this. I'M NOT GOING TO CHEAT ANYMORE, PERIOD!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Well, I too have gained a pound or two back due to my weekend weaknesses! Who made beer taste good anyways?? :hammerhea then last night we went out for mexican food too. ARGHHH!!! I am soooo weak!!! So, starting today, its back to full on committment. I am really proud of my progress but know I could be so much further with some self control.
Sooooooo, its time to step into high gear and cut more calories and add more excercise! I guess if it wasn't hard work to lose weight, everyone would be thin right?
Good luck everyone, keep your spirits up and keep trying!
Linda <------ Still determined to be sexy and hot by river season!

Mr.Havasu
03-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi LInda;
Congrats on your determination to get back on tract. I'll be advoiding beer and mexican food for awhile. I know you will look hot by spring break, you looked pretty darn good last summer as I recall.
Keep it up, I can't wait to see you again,
Michele

Tom Brown
03-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Linda <------ Still determined to be sexy and hot by river season!
You're sexy and hot now. ... be careful not to over do it. :cool:

Tom Brown
03-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Hang in there, Michele. You'll get things back on track. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-01-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi LInda;
Congrats on your determination to get back on tract. I'll be advoiding beer and mexican food for awhile. I know you will look hot by spring break, you looked pretty darn good last summer as I recall.
Keep it up, I can't wait to see you again,
Michele
Thanks Michele, how proud will we be this summer when we see each others progress that we know we helped support!
I just had a really healthy lunch and powerwalked so I feel good and back on track.
I may sound more obsessive that I actually am but it helps me stay focused. I have this little fantasy of "wowing" people this summer. Not sure if that is realistic but I want to try.
And Tom, thanks again for your encouragement. Let me rephrase what I said.....
Linda <----------Determined to be healthy and thin to go along with being sexy and hot this summer!

FMluvswater
03-01-2005, 03:52 PM
I gained 5 pounds. :notam: I guess that'll happen sometimes. Not gonna worry too much about it. I'm still close to my goal and intent on reaching it. I remember being stuck at 207 for the longest time then getting excited cuz I made it under the 200 mark and then getting bummed cuz I went back up to 203 for a time. I got past that time. I'll get past this too. :) 167 ... but not for long. I'm going down down down cuz I said so! :D
Hey I saw something cute on another board wonder if it would be helpful here .. everyday they have a "positive thread" Folks post "IM + that ..." and they finish it off with a hope, goal, intention or positive observation.
"IM + that next month I will laugh at this week's setback!" :wink:

Tom Brown
03-02-2005, 07:18 AM
You're a wise woman, FM. :)

Ms. AquaBoogie1
03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Ok guys, I know I've been slacking about posting, but it's because I was feeling a little discouraged lately, not being too good, but not really gaining either. So I jumped on the scale this morning,and I'm down 3 lbs.!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH, I'm so stuck now on being good.....Mrs. Bordsmnj, I too have that little fantasy of "wowing" people :D I am back on track and sticking with it.....Hey once we all get there I think we should post some before and after pics to show everyone what an accomplishment we made :p Keep up the good work guys, and just wanted to let you all know, you are a great support!!!! :shift:

Mr.Havasu
03-02-2005, 08:42 AM
You guys are all doing great. I'm really platueing, I need to get my butt in gear fast.
Keep it up everyone, I'm really so proud of all of us.

FMluvswater
03-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Ok guys, I know I've been slacking about posting, but it's because I was feeling a little discouraged lately, not being too good, but not really gaining either. So I jumped on the scale this morning,and I'm down 3 lbs.!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH, I'm so stuck now on being good.....Mrs. Bordsmnj, I too have that little fantasy of "wowing" people :D I am back on track and sticking with it.....Hey once we all get there I think we should post some before and after pics to show everyone what an accomplishment we made :p Keep up the good work guys, and just wanted to let you all know, you are a great support!!!! :shift:
Congratulations! :cool: Gotta love pleasant surprises and it's even better if they are motivating besides. :wink: Much continued success to you. :clover: :)

FMluvswater
03-02-2005, 11:22 AM
You're a wise woman, FM. :)
Well, I'm a night owl ... I'll give you that. :wink: Thanks Tom. :)

BarryMac
03-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Good Morning and Happy Hump Day, for most of us that has two meanings, for Tom Brown it's just a day in the Middle of the Week... :D :D :D
I weighed in this morning and I have broken the 200lb mark, I weighed in at 198, I have 8 more to go then I want to maintain.
You are all doing great, keep your chins up and remember that a smile will brighten someone's day, maybe even yours...

FMluvswater
03-03-2005, 11:56 AM
Good Morning and Happy Hump Day, for most of us that has two meanings, for Tom Brown it's just a day in the Middle of the Week... :D :D :D
I weighed in this morning and I have broken the 200lb mark, I weighed in at 198, I have 8 more to go then I want to maintain.
You are all doing great, keep your chins up and remember that a smile will brighten someone's day, maybe even yours...
Fabulous gjb! Congrats! :cool: Success to you in reaching and maintaining your goal. :clover: You're so close now - woohooo! :D

Tom Brown
03-03-2005, 12:01 PM
Nice work, Barry. :cool:

MrsJetDriver
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
That's awesome GJB!! :D I'm still the same ol' weight, but I haven't gained, and I have been working out every other day, and I feel good. Hopefully the scale will be down tomorrow. Heck I'll even take 1/2 a pound! Anything! :D Keep up the great work everyone! We can do this! :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-03-2005, 02:42 PM
That's awesome GJB!! :D I'm still the same ol' weight, but I haven't gained, and I have been working out every other day, and I feel good. Hopefully the scale will be down tomorrow. Heck I'll even take 1/2 a pound! Anything! :D Keep up the great work everyone! We can do this! :)
Try taking your measurements too. You would be surprised at how much the tape measure moves when the scale seems to stay still. :mix: you can go down a size with lost inches and bearly lose any pounds at the same time, ;) It can be quite motivating!

Mr.Havasu
03-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Try taking your measurements too. You would be surprised at how much the tape measure moves when the scale seems to stay still. :mix: you can go down a size with lost inches and bearly lose any pounds at the same time, ;) It can be quite motivating!
Thanks for the tape measure tip! I totally forgot to get before figures. I'm going to do that tonight (Don't think I'll post those numbers :2purples: )
Congrats on breaking the 200 mark gjb. I'm back at 181 waiting to break into the 170's...maybe tomorrow!

C-2
03-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Hello all,
Been sick as a dog this past week. Having a 2 year old in daycare – will do things like this! Weird crap too, stuff I’ve never had before in my life.
Anyhow, I see a lot of you are doing this solo without the spouse – so I’d like to remind you – take charge of cooking duties and don’t tell them you’re cooking lite!!!
And when you drink beer (or other drinks) – switch up between a beer and a diet drink. We love the diet lemonade and tea – they are thirst quenching, taste great and zero calories (and no cheating – straight alcohol is at least 100 cals a shot, minimum). I did this Nascar weekend at Fontana – and didn’t gain a pound. Also keeps ya thinking a little clearer for a little while longer.
Today I weighed in at 170, which is kinda scary. I’m 5’10”, so 170 is getting pretty thin. Went from a size 38 pant to a comfortable 33, a tight fit at the coveted 32, but achievable nonetheless. Best part is – my fat face isn’t so fat anymore.
So keep up the dedicated work – it’s not easy doing it solo (unless of course you’re FM – you rock sista!!!)
It also helps not to hang out with those one friends – you know, the couple who can eat a refrigerator, never work out and be thin as rails – THOSE PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10726;0;0;0/c/-44/t/-49/k/f84b/weight.png

FMluvswater
03-06-2005, 03:49 AM
Hello all,
Been sick as a dog this past week. Having a 2 year old in daycare – will do things like this! Weird crap too, stuff I’ve never had before in my life.
Anyhow, I see a lot of you are doing this solo without the spouse – so I’d like to remind you – take charge of cooking duties and don’t tell them you’re cooking lite!!!
And when you drink beer (or other drinks) – switch up between a beer and a diet drink. We love the diet lemonade and tea – they are thirst quenching, taste great and zero calories (and no cheating – straight alcohol is at least 100 cals a shot, minimum). I did this Nascar weekend at Fontana – and didn’t gain a pound. Also keeps ya thinking a little clearer for a little while longer.
Today I weighed in at 170, which is kinda scary. I’m 5’10”, so 170 is getting pretty thin. Went from a size 38 pant to a comfortable 33, a tight fit at the coveted 32, but achievable nonetheless. Best part is – my fat face isn’t so fat anymore.
So keep up the dedicated work – it’s not easy doing it solo (unless of course you’re FM – you rock sista!!!)
It also helps not to hang out with those one friends – you know, the couple who can eat a refrigerator, never work out and be thin as rails – THOSE PEOPLE SUCK!!!!!!
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10726;0;0;0/c/-44/t/-49/k/f84b/weight.png
Hey C-2 Hope you're feeling better now - being sick sucks toe jam :yuk: :D.
Wow! You are doing fabulous with reaching your goal! Only 5 more pounds now! Woohoo! WTG! :cool:
These final 20 odd pounds are not being easy for me to lose at all but thanks for the vote of confidence C-2 :redface:. I think my 4lbs/month average is still intact all things considered. Jan 29th I was 173. Last week I was 167. Seemed a gain to me cuz I had dropped to 162 briefly but the monthly total lost is still within reason so it's helping me keep my smile. :)
Anyway I'm loving hearing all the updates. Keep up the great work everybody. :clover: :cool:

Mr.Havasu
03-07-2005, 10:10 AM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10721;119;0;0/c/-17.8/t/-72.4/k/c398/weight.png
Finally brook out of the 180's! ate out friday and saturday night and still lost 2 lbs over the weekend! 179.6

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-09-2005, 08:03 AM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10721;119;0;0/c/-17.8/t/-72.4/k/c398/weight.png
Finally brook out of the 180's! ate out friday and saturday night and still lost 2 lbs over the weekend! 179.6
congrats Michelle!!! You are doing so awesome!!! I can't wait to see you again! :mix:
:mix:
Linda

Mr.Havasu
03-09-2005, 04:30 PM
Doesn't seem like I look much different, but the clothes are fitting looser so I know it's working. It's getting hot here already. Spring break has started and it's getting into the high 80's.
I just have to implement regular work outs to speed things up.
Where's everyones updates?
Seems we all hit a wall around Feb 19th, come on guys, don't abandom me, we can do this! :confused:

Jetdriver
03-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Doesn't seem like I look much different, but the clothes are fitting looser so I know it's working. It's getting hot here already. Spring break has started and it's getting into the high 80's.
I just have to implement regular work outs to speed things up.
Where's everyones updates?
Seems we all hit a wall around Feb 19th, come on guys, don't abandom me, we can do this! :confused:
Sorry its been so long, but as of yesterday at the gym I was 207. Thats 24 lbs so far and about 7 more to go!

Tom Brown
03-10-2005, 05:59 AM
ongrats Michelle!!! You are doing so awesome!!! I can't wait to see you again! :mix:
:mix:
Linda
She rocks. :cool:
How are you doing, Linda?
I have a hunch I have creeped back up to the 205 point, or so. I don't have a scale so I won't know until I hit the gym next which will be Saturday morning.
This morning, I'm working out at home and then I'll walk to work. I always have a great day when I do that. :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-10-2005, 08:38 AM
I am happy to report the dang number on the scale finally moved and I am now down 17 pounds. :D Progress is really slow but I think I am at a healthy pace that will make it easier for me to keep it off for good. I feel great but still need to step it up in the working out department. I do at least 30 minutes of something a day but really need to move it up to an hour! I am hoping to be down at least 20 solid pounds by the 22nd, me and Jason's first anniversary!!!! ;)
I want everyone to know, especially Michelle and Tom, that your constant support on here REALLY helps keep me motivated!! I think this thread should be a permanent one on Hot boat!!
Keep up the good work everyone! Summer is fast approaching! :shift:
xoxox
Linda

Tom Brown
03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Progress is really slow but I think I am at a healthy pace...
Linda, I've seen recent pictures of you. You are beautiful. :)
There's no need to risk your health with a crazy diet/exercise program when you're happy, healthy, and beautiful. Improving ourselves is a life long pursuit that is rich in value but you are starting from a pretty high level.
There's nothing better than hearing someone you care about is helping themselves feel and look better. You guys are great. :)

Mr.Havasu
03-10-2005, 11:06 AM
You guys are great!
This thread has kept me with the program as well. I was just telling someone yesterday that I am still on my new years diet and here it is March. I think this is the first time I have stuck it out from a new years resolution type deal this long in my life. I know it's because I have to face you guys this summer and don't want to fail!
Thanks soooooo much for all the support.
Michele

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-10-2005, 12:34 PM
I know it's because I have to face you guys this summer and don't want to fail!
Thats a huge motivator Michele! Along with my little fantasy of wowing old friends at the river, I know there are a few of you who have been tracking progress along with me and if I show at the river with a jelly belly, I will not be so proud!!
Just another reason why we love ***boat right? Not only do we make life long friendships, but we are helping each other be healthy! I love it!!
And Tom, what recent pics have you seen of me?? And thankyou for the wonderful compliment. I am so lucky to know Tom Brown and know that your are truly an amazing person and not just an internet smart ass! :D
xoxo
Linda

Mr.Havasu
03-11-2005, 08:56 AM
179.2 all week for 1/2 a lb and I didn't cheat all week :yuk:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10721;119;0;0/c/-18.2/t/-72.4/k/b5ff/weight.png

Mandelon
03-12-2005, 07:07 AM
I just got out of the bathroom. Lost a quick half pound..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Willpower. I have no willpower. The girl Scout cookies are here and I can't.......walk.......past.......them........Thin Mints....they call to me.... :mad:
MAKE THEM STOP...BEFORE......I .......EAT AGAIN!!!! :crossx:

Tom Brown
03-12-2005, 05:40 PM
And Tom, what recent pics have you seen of me??
I think it was just after Christmas. You and J were hanging with some friends at the dunes in an RV. I don't think it was Glamis but I'm not sure. Both you and J were looking good. Please mention to J that I find him to be an extremely handsome man. :D
You and Jason are right up there with the most amazing people I've ever met. Both of you were warm and generous. I'd consider it a favor if you two would take care of yourselves. I hope to hang with you again. :cool:
One thing that still amazes me from the weekend we met is that STV_Keith didn't shoot me. Try as I might, I couldn't aggravate him to that level. :D
I am so lucky to know Tom Brown... not just an internet smart ass!
Thank you but let's be careful not to start any rumors. :D
Michele, you're doing great. Please don't get discouraged. It sounds like things are starting to turn your way. :)
Mandelon, light a candle.

Mr.Havasu
03-13-2005, 09:18 AM
[/QUOTE]
Michele, you're doing great. Please don't get discouraged. It sounds like things are starting to turn your way. :)
[/QUOTE]
I'm hanging in there, but at this rate (1 lb a week) it's going to take a year!

Mrs.Racer277
03-13-2005, 10:00 AM
I just got out of the bathroom. Lost a quick half pound..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Willpower. I have no willpower. The girl Scout cookies are here and I can't.......walk.......past.......them........Thin Mints....they call to me.... :mad:
MAKE THEM STOP...BEFORE......I .......EAT AGAIN!!!! :crossx:
I feel your pain. Just had my 5 boxes delievered yesterday. The hubby and I have almost gone thru one box already. Make them go away. :mad:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
03-14-2005, 07:51 AM
[/QUOTE]
I'm hanging in there, but at this rate (1 lb a week) it's going to take a year![/QUOTE]
Michele, I think a pound or two lost a week is a really healthy rate. Seems you would be less likely to re-gain and be more able to maintain your weightloss by losing it slower. At least thats what I keep telling myself. :rollside: Really though, if you went on some crazy diet and lost lots of weight in a short amount of time, I really think you would regain almost immediately since the crazy diet is not a realistic way to continue eating for the rest of your life. It seems the most successful weight loss stories are all of people who took 6mos. to a year to lose the weight and have kept it off. Don't get discouraged. I think you are doing awesome!!! :smile:
xoxo

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Make them go away. :mad:
LMAO! I just had 4 PB Patties for breakfast! The box is empty now, so I should be safe until someone comes home and opens a new one. I should have only bought the kinds I don't like. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_131.gif
I guess I'll head to the gym to work off those 4 GD cookies. :cry:

havasu p/t er
03-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Well I saw Michele (warlock25) this weekend and WOW! she is looking great. She mentioned that this post was here and I thought that I would check it out. Seems like everyone is doing great.
I have need to lose some weight and I think that having this group will help me keep to it.
So I think that I have figured out the ticker... hope it works
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;0;0;0/c/-2/t/-32/k/c5ac/weight.png
Denise

Mandelon
03-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Linda, you are right! Think how long it took to put on the extra pounds. Maybe a few a year, over the past couple of decades. Dropping them in a few months is unrealistic, and drastic.
A pound a week is great.