PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Department Of Public Safety....

IN2MX
01-11-2005, 09:45 PM
...Anyone know anything about them? Work for them? Know someone who does? Been stopped by them?

IN2MX
01-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Most commonly known as the Arizona Highway patrol...

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 09:50 PM
I speed past one about 2 weeks ago, Does that count

IN2MX
01-11-2005, 09:53 PM
No, any advice from you on this subject does not count. No comments from the peanut gallery. Thank you. :D

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Then dont look at the link I just posted they top out at 51K and their retirement SUCKS
http://www.dps.state.az.us/hris/employment/cadetOfficer.asp

IN2MX
01-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Then dont look at the link I just posted they top out at 51K and their retirement SUCKS
http://www.dps.state.az.us/hris/employment/cadetOfficer.asp
DOnt remember asking anything about their pay or retirement??.....There ya go again, smoking that sh*t!

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
...Anyone know anything about them?
Sorry I read your qoute wrong :D

IN2MX
01-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Sorry I read your qoute wrong :D
Ok smart guy...I meant from personal experiance...I have the internet and I can go to their website.....
Anyhow, there are a lot of "secret" benefits and their retirement doesn't suck, they have 20 year D.R.O.P.

IN2MX
01-12-2005, 09:41 AM
bump

Jordy
01-12-2005, 10:50 AM
I have the internet and I can go to their website.....
That is the first nominee for quote of the year. LMAO!!! :D

IN2MX
01-12-2005, 11:15 AM
That is the first nominee for quote of the year. LMAO!!! :D
Thanks! :D

Boatcop
01-12-2005, 11:21 AM
What do you want to know?
Retirement is 50% of the average high 3 years at 20 years. 2.5% more per year after, up to a max of 30 years/75% not including drop, unless in a high ranking position.
DROP is an excellent program, which puts mucho dollars (lump sum) into your pocket for up to 5 years after you declare your retirement.
All Arizona Peace Officers, firefighters, and other public safety positions are on the same Retirement plan.
PM me and I'll tell you anything you need to know.

Kilrtoy
01-12-2005, 11:29 AM
Damn Az is way under paid and the retirement SUCKS, even with the drop you still cant make what you make in retirement here at the same . 90% 5% ever year, no max out...
Plus with the right to work, not the best choice....

Boatcop
01-12-2005, 11:50 AM
90% 5% ever year, no max out...
Which is why California is Billions in debt, taxes are sky high, and real estate artificially inflated. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
01-12-2005, 11:53 AM
They are in debt because of alot of thing, PERS is not one of them.....

Havasu_Dreamin
01-12-2005, 12:11 PM
They are in debt because of alot of thing, PERS is not one of them.....
I don't know for sure but I would imagine that PERS does have an impact on the States budget expenditures. As such, it's a factor. How much of a factor, I have no idea. There certainly are plenty of reasons why CA is in debt.

IN2MX
01-12-2005, 12:15 PM
I don't know for sure but I would imagine that PERS does have an impact on the States budget expenditures. As such, it's a factor. How much of a factor, I have no idea. There certainly are plenty of reasons why CA is in debt.
There are many factors, and YES PERS is one of them, only one of them.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-12-2005, 12:18 PM
Exactly! One of hundreds, if not thousands, of individual reasons. Bottom line though, it all comes down to expenditures exceeding revenues.

Desert Rat
01-12-2005, 12:21 PM
And Arnold is working pretty damn hard to change the retirement for ALL new state employees to a 401K type retirement

Desert Rat
01-12-2005, 12:23 PM
What do you want to know?
Retirement is 50% of the average high 3 years at 20 years. 2.5% more per year after, up to a max of 30 years/75% not including drop, unless in a high ranking position.
DROP is an excellent program, which puts mucho dollars (lump sum) into your pocket for up to 5 years after you declare your retirement.
All Arizona Peace Officers, firefighters, and other public safety positions are on the same Retirement plan.
PM me and I'll tell you anything you need to know.
In the real world this is not a bad package and besides i bet most AZ employees have most of their marbles intact when they retire. Kind of hard to do in California :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
01-12-2005, 12:24 PM
We would need proof of this,
people by passed raises to get receive this.
immigration comes to mind,
health care and so on, and so on,

IN2MX
10-07-2005, 04:40 PM
bump>>>

Not So Fast
10-07-2005, 05:07 PM
Pass the popcorn, :D Please :D NSF

upsman105
10-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I can tell you something about it officer D. Willis badge #4821 is the
biggest A$$hole I have ever met....
is that what you wanted to know... :D :D

slink
10-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I have heard that A.D.P.S.S is where guys go who can't get hired on in CA for what ever reason......Just what I've heard....Don't kill the messenger.

Kilrtoy
10-07-2005, 07:52 PM
I have heard that A.D.P.S.S is where guys go who can't get hired on in CA for what ever reason......Just what I've heard....Don't kill the messenger.
OH SHIT......... :2purples:

olbiezer
10-07-2005, 07:56 PM
sence when did free donuts be clasified as a secret benifit?

h2ospdskir
10-07-2005, 08:42 PM
in2mx stay in cali try cdc

pixilatedpussy
10-07-2005, 08:49 PM
Most commonly known as the Arizona Highway patrol...
Oh you wanna be CHP huh???? NICE! :D Just make sure you pull me over! Bring the cuffs! :devil:

IN2-IN2MX
10-07-2005, 09:01 PM
:jawdrop: ... :D
(sorry baby, that was funny!!!...love ya)

IN2-IN2MX
10-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh you wanna be CHP huh???? NICE! :D Just make sure you pull me over! Bring the cuffs! :devil:
and he'd try to do a few pat downs just to make sure you didn't have any concealed weapons. :D

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:25 PM
First, I think it's AZ D.P.S.......Second, funny, I heard it that same thing, although it was Riverside County SO not DPS.......

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:27 PM
OH SHIT......... :2purples:
You hush up....No comments from you or you get detention and no field trip....

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:28 PM
sence when did free donuts be clasified as a secret benifit?
Same time Mississippi got indoor plumbing and electricity....

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:30 PM
in2mx stay in cali try cdc
I could never work CDC......I would never get paid enough money to deal with the people that they have to deal with everyday. I cannot give enough thanks to those who work CDC, but it wouldn't be for me....

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:32 PM
AHHH, you didn't know I am bring ing some sets next weekend???? Girl, you have been bad......You are under arrest, GO TO JESSI'S room with all the other bad girls..... :D :D

IN2MX
10-08-2005, 01:34 PM
and he'd try to do a few pat downs just to make sure you didn't have any concealed weapons. :D
A few pat downs??? Oh, there's something concealed....ANd we are not leaving till we find it even if it takes all night!!!

JackieV
10-08-2005, 02:37 PM
bump
I didn't read the whole the thread but try, maricopacountyjobs.gov it's something like that. Log in and apply away.
I hope that helps...if not try googling it!

JackieV
10-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey chica! Does this mean I might be getting some NEW neighbors....hummm :idea:

pixilatedpussy
10-09-2005, 09:59 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!! :wink:

pixilatedpussy
10-09-2005, 10:01 PM
AHHH, you didn't know I am bring ing some sets next weekend???? Girl, you have been bad......You are under arrest, GO TO JESSI'S room with all the other bad girls..... :D :D
Uh oh...I am in trouble now!!! *Head down , smiling, running to Jess' room* :D Punish me officer!!! LMAO! :D

JackieV
10-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Oh yessssss! :p

chrissy
10-10-2005, 12:33 AM
...Anyone know anything about them? Work for them? Know someone who does? Been stopped by them?
I have a very good friend who works for them. Right now he teaches all the tazor classes and is on the swat. He got alot of overtime during that prison standoff last year. :supp: More benefits to his job than you can imagine. ;)

IN2-IN2MX
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey chica! Does this mean I might be getting some NEW neighbors....hummm :idea:
If it's up to Mike, yes. If it's up to me, I wanna stay in Cali. We've been thinking :idea: but haven't decided :confused: .

IN2-IN2MX
10-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Uh oh...I am in trouble now!!! *Head down , smiling, running to Jess' room* :D Punish me officer!!! LMAO! :D
:D

pixilatedpussy
10-11-2005, 09:50 AM
:D
:devil:

h2ospdskir
10-11-2005, 10:28 AM
19 years in the cdc there are jobs that you don"t even see them .

h2ospdskir
10-11-2005, 10:31 AM
holy shit only 4 more years life is good

JackieV
10-11-2005, 11:41 AM
If it's up to Mike, yes. If it's up to me, I wanna stay in Cali. We've been thinking :idea: but haven't decided :confused: .
Well how it happened for me & Art was he said we were going to visit his brother and nephews & niece for a weekend...we went...but looked at houses in new developments allllllll weekend. I fell in love with one and he asked me which one I liked the most.
One year later...here we are.
I miss California and there is nothing like it, I'd move back in a heart beat but right now the weather here is f-en B E A U T I F U L!!!! I can live with this weather. :rollside:

IN2-IN2MX
10-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Well how it happened for me & Art was he said we were going to visit his brother and nephews & niece for a weekend...we went...but looked at houses in new developments allllllll weekend. I fell in love with one and he asked me which one I liked the most.
One year later...here we are.
I miss California and there is nothing like it, I'd move back in a heart beat but right now the weather here is f-en B E A U T I F U L!!!! I can live with this weather. :rollside:
What part of Arizona did you move to? Our friends are in Surprise and love it.

Artv
10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
We are in Goodyear, 25min from Surprise. You guys should plan to come see some new homes...

JackieV
10-11-2005, 01:56 PM
We are in Goodyear...Buckeye comes first then Goodyear (There are new homes in Buckeye, but no shopping centers, everyone has to drive in more to Avondale and beyond).
There is a whole lot of new developments everywhere. The closer you get to civilization the higher the price on the homes. But you sure do get your monies worth on homes.
You'll make mula on a new home before you even move in!
Rent is not bad either over here, but for just a couple hundred dollars more you could just pay to own your home.
:) Good Luck you two! And hope you do come out and check out the homes at least! :clover:

slink
10-11-2005, 02:48 PM
First, I think it's AZ D.P.S.......Second, funny, I heard it that same thing, although it was Riverside County SO not DPS.......
Have you applied with them ? (R.S.O) How many have you applied with here in Cali? Seems every department is down double digits (including mine). Departments are begging for qualified officers these days, it's going to get worse if Arnie gets his hands on PERS. Good luck

Kilrtoy
10-11-2005, 03:05 PM
Have you applied with them ? (R.S.O) How many have you applied with here in Cali? Seems every department is down double digits (including mine). Departments are begging for qualified officers these days, it's going to get worse if Arnie gets his hands on PERS. Good luck
And I thought the pile was already at the bottom, so yes ifarnie gets his way, the PD will be hiring convicts to protect the citizens....

Jordy
10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Arizona sucks. You'd hate it here. :D
Try Tucson though, I heard it's really nice down there. ;)

slink
10-11-2005, 03:10 PM
And I thought the pile was already at the bottom, so yes ifarnie gets his way, the PD will be hiring convicts to protect the citizens....
Ya, I know. It's pretty scary hearing what some of the applicants have in their backgrounds now a days.

Kilrtoy
10-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Ya, I know. It's pretty scary hearing what some of the applicants have in their backgrounds now a days.
Yeah i had sex with minors when i was 25 and yes I smoke pot on a regular basis and that whole deal with hitting the x-wife , was a total misunderstanding....can I have a job