PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do?

HP350SC
01-11-2005, 09:54 PM
So I bought this '91 Mustang project car and have been gathering parts on corral.net Along comes this guy from S.Carolina who got jacked $1850 from some punk near me in Oregon. Offered to help the guy in whatever way I can, that's within the law of course :wink: . He has contacted police but they are dragging their feet. He's offering reward for helping get the supercharger that was never sent. Have the guys name and address. So how about opinions, stay clear or help out?

ratso
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
So I bought this '91 Mustang project car and have been gathering parts on corral.net Along comes this guy from S.Carolina who got jacked $1850 from some punk near me in Oregon. Offered to help the guy in whatever way I can, that's within the law of course :wink: . He has contacted police but they are dragging their feet. He's offering reward for helping get the supercharger that was never sent. Have the guys name and address. So how about opinions, stay clear or help out?
Help out within the law...Can't stand a thief...

Kilrtoy
01-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Dont get killed over someone else's headache

Mrs. H20Advantage
01-11-2005, 10:02 PM
I share both positions.
Can't stand a thief, but remember the safety of your family comes first.

HP350SC
01-11-2005, 10:03 PM
Two good answers, that's my dilemma. I know I would be PISSED and feel pretty helpless if someone across the country ripped me off! On the other hand, it's easy to say not my prob.....

Mrs. H20Advantage
01-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Any possibility of helping the guy out annonymously?

XtrmWakeborder
01-11-2005, 10:11 PM
Listen to this guy

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-11-2005, 10:19 PM
First off, I'm very careful about who I deal with on the net, so I don't get robbed. (not sayin that it couldn't happen) That bein' said, if I lost $1850 i wouldn't hesitate to spend another $450 for A plane ticket to the west coast!!!
Just my .o2

HP350SC
01-11-2005, 10:23 PM
I guess it would be anonymous in whatever way I helped. You know it's kinda weird, I have only posted maybe 35 times on that forum and will be off it soon because car's almost done. Maybe that makes me lean towards not getting involved. On this forum, I know I would be much more likely to help :idea:

HP350SC
01-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey! With a wife as sweet as that I would want to live a good long time too! :D

HP350SC
01-11-2005, 10:32 PM
First off, I'm very careful about who I deal with on the net, so I don't get robbed. (not sayin that it couldn't happen) That bein' said, if I lost $1850 i wouldn't hesitate to spend another $450 for A plane ticket to the west coast!!!
Just my .o2
Yeah no $hit, I would hop a plane too :mad: I bought a little bit of car parts from several people, in the hopes of lessening any losses.
I sold a little 144 blower a couple months ago and I could tell the guy was real worried about getting it. He was happy it arrived on time :smile: