PDA

View Full Version : Credit repair!!!!!!

djdtpr
01-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I was sitting here after talking to the lending company about the house the wife and i are trying to buy and getting angry and it hit me,i need someone who does credit repair or who can point me in the right direction.So i guess my question is does anyone know someone who can do credit consulting or repair credit shady or not?Thanks ahead of time.
Danny

topless
01-13-2005, 02:57 PM
I was sitting here after talking to the lending company about the house the wife and i are trying to buy and getting angry and it hit me,i need someone who does credit repair or who can point me in the right direction.So i guess my question is does anyone know someone who can do credit consulting or repair credit shady or not?Thanks ahead of time.
DannyBe very careful. There are companies out there that charge alot of money to do this only to make your credit worse.

Boatcop
01-13-2005, 03:01 PM
The only thing that repairs credit is time.
Negative info stays on the credit report for 7 years. 10 years for bankruptcies and things like tax liens.
All you can do is pay your bills on time and wait for the bad stuff to drop off.
Anyone who says they can "repair" credit is a rip-off.
If you want to see what's on your credit report, a new federal law says you can get access to yours for free, once a year. You can also get a copy for free if you've been turned down for credit within the last 30 days.
Looks like they don't allow linking. type or cut & paste:
www.annualcreditreport.com
Now, if you have a boat load of unsecured debt, like credit cards, Credit Counseling agencies can help. They negotiate with the lenders for a lower interest rate so you can pay them off faster. But that's a last resort before bankruptcy.

HCS
01-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Are you trying to repair or remove something you think is wrong?

IN2MX
01-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Now, if you have a boat load of unsecured debt, like credit cards, Credit Counseling agencies can help. They negotiate with the lenders for a lower interest rate so you can pay them off faster. But that's a last resort before bankruptcy.
I participated in credit counseling approximately 7 years ago....It helped me get out of bad debt, but it hurt my credit score for a long time. I would say not to do it if there is anyway possible.

totenhosen
01-13-2005, 03:14 PM
There is a way to do it. One involves calling up the company and ask them to change it with some sort of hard luck story. if you get the right person they will do it for you. I've had two customers in the last month that this route worked for.
or you contact each of the three credit reporting companies disputing info on your report. They in turn contact the creditor. The creditor has 30 days (from one the credit agencies receive your letter) to verify that the info they are reporting on the report is correct. PM or email me at stefandrinks@hotmail.com and I'll even give you a form letter to send to start you on the process.

Boatcop
01-13-2005, 03:26 PM
One more comment.....
There are a lot of lenders out there that specialize in sub-prime loans. That is, people with poor credit that still need stuff, like cars or a mortgage. YTou know the ones. Those that advertise "We'll approve anyone!"
Don't use them!!!!!!
You'll end up with an astronomical interest rate. Like paying 12% for a mortgage (prime is around 5.5%) or 24+% on a car loan (5-9%). The payments are huge and you're worse off than when you started.
If I were you, I'd rent until the report cleans up, (Make sure the landlord reports the rent payments to the credit bureaus) Or If most of the stuff on your credit report will fall off in 5 years or less, and you absolutely have to buy now, look for an adjustable rate mortgage that'll freeze the rate for 5 years, and re-finance before the APR goes up.
But even that's a gamble, if rates go way up in the next 5 years.
Tough situation dude. Credit Counseling would help, but not the kind that pays your bills for you. One that can just give you advice for your particular situation.

Tequila-John
01-13-2005, 03:32 PM
Danny
whats your number? I am in the mortgage field. At least we can make sure your not getting messed with.

Tequila-John
01-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Just to let you all know. Lenders look at Credit Counseling WORSE than a BK. Plus Credit Counseling can make your fico scores even worse.

HOOTER SLED-
01-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Toten is right. You would be surprised what a little bit of footwork would do. Make some phone calls to the creditors that have left bad marks on your credit report. Call and be persisitent. You have to sweet talk a little. Get a feel for the person you are talking to. If it sounds like someone who is being an f'er, call back, speak to someone else. For example, if you have old late payment showing on a credit card. Most credit companies keep their current account info for approx 2 years. After that they archive it. Because of this, it can be hard to prove that you were ever delinquent(or at least it's a pain in the ass for them to do so). If you can persuade these creditors to send you ASAP(stress your urgency), via fax or letter, proof that an account is current and in good standing, that's a start. Gather all this info first. You then must contact all three credit bureaus, Equifax, TRW, shoot, I forget the other one. Anyhow, you'll send them any info you have and request that they update your credit report. By law they have 30 days to do so. In that time, they will investigate and make any changes if necessary. Let me tell you from personal experience, this works. You would be surprised. For me it turn into a challenge. When you could get a creditor to make changes to help your credit, pays off. Work it too. Let them know that you are in the process of trying to buy a home and clean up your credit. Personally, I can tell you, my credit scores went from 600 to 650ish to between 700 and 750ish. Which put me in a completely different league in terms of getting a loan at a good rate. Took me about two months to do all this. Well worth the work. My broker was astonished. Good luck. Hit me up if you have any questions.

totenhosen
01-13-2005, 04:11 PM
You then must contact all three credit bureaus, Equifax, TRW, shoot, I forget the other one.
Experian (TRW), Equifax and Trans-Union.

HOOTER SLED-
01-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Experian (TRW), Equifax and Trans-Union.
Ahhh, that's right. You'd think they would be burned in my memory after dealing with all that B.S. :rollside:

ELIMINAT THIS
01-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Here you go www.lexingtonlaw.com they do what HOOTER SLED and totenhosen said if you dont have time to do it yourself,but keep in mind they are prof. and very good at it.I can tell you it was worth every penny.If I remember correctly it was $100-150 up front and $50 a month it took about 4 months. keep in mind we didnt have any thing like bankrupsy.They did get some old 30 day late's off that probably were are falt. :rolleyes:

J540
01-13-2005, 04:52 PM
Dont waste time waiting, sounds like you dont have the time. the wife use to work at a (f...ing your credit place) :D This will work. i told my friends about it and it HELPED them. write dispute letters to TRW, Equifax, cant think of the other one. saying you were not late and there must be a mistake,
I also had a prob, with mine after the exgirlfriend, many years ago. she had the car that i bought for her and our newborn, so she can get around repoed 2x. 180 days late on cards. etc, and i had to pay cuz it was all in my name. LESSON learned. GOT ME A BIG OLD GUN NOW :D :D :D just kidding.
Now i hope you have learned as well.
CASH is KING... but some places don't take cash, so you need credit.cant rent a car on cash, you need a credit card. well you can steal a car i guess, you don't need credit for that. :hammerhea

C-2
01-13-2005, 05:00 PM
It can be done – by yourself with a huge investment of time.
CRA’s are in the business of keeping and selling dirt – so don’t expect them to roll over and do you any favors.
What you can normally clean up is the stuff AFTER you screwed up with your original creditor, or stuff that doesn’t belong there in the first place.
But again, everybody is in the credit biz to make money – and the money is made off of people with *damaged* credit (who used to otherwise be known as the regular consumer), so don’t expect anything to happen easily.
Follow the link I sent you and if you don’t have time – there are a few companies you can pay that will get stuff deleted or increase your credit score using other strategies.
good luck with it :)

Daytona100
01-13-2005, 07:32 PM
My wife specializes in hard to do loans subprime. If it can be done she can do it. Dont get depressed or lose hope theres lots of programs available for every credit situation. Let me know if we can be of any assistance. Glad to help. :mix: :mix:

djdtpr
01-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Thanks to everyone who took the time to give some advise and help i apreciate it.I have some good places to start and it looks like its gonna take some time and foot work but it will be worth it.Damn i wish this stuff was as important in my early twenties as it is now.
Danny

lokinutz
01-13-2005, 09:13 PM
I worked as a credit consultant on the side for a corp. Don't do it anymore because of some corporate/management/contractual crap. If you are interested I will share with you what I know. Legit, legal stuff. Not looking for money. Actually, can't take money due to a non-compete clause. It really is very simple. There are both correct and incorrect statements above. Send me a pm if interested.