PDA

View Full Version : Prado dam is over full

Sportin' Wood
01-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Turn on your TV or radio. Looks like Prado is over full. :(

BarryMac
01-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Turn on your TV or radio. Looks like Prado is over full. :(
My neighbor here in the office said that they are talking of a catastrophic failure of that dam on the radio, not being familiar with the area what is down from there?

Mrs.HLB
01-14-2005, 07:17 AM
My neighbor here in the office said that they are talking of a catastrophic failure of that dam on the radio, not being familiar with the area what is down from there?
There are mobile homes & homes down from there. The green river golf course also. We are on the back side of the dam, so I think we are ok. The water goes down river from us.Dilligaf is in the area. Hope he is ok.

Big_Gunz_
01-14-2005, 07:32 AM
Watching it on the TV, looks pretty scary. They say that the damn is justs letting out the overflow water and they're just being safe by getting the families out of the there.

THOR
01-14-2005, 07:40 AM
I am catching it on the news radio every now and then. If that dam goes, that trailer park is gone, the golf course is totalled (more than is already is) and hundreds of homes are destroyed. But, further down the river bed there are homes, shops and restaurants in the Yorba Linda area that may incur some damage.

roostwear
01-14-2005, 08:52 AM
If that dam lets go, the water could concievably get to my house downriver. The Santa Ana river isn't full, but has a good flow in it, so a dam break would overwhelm it.
That and the 1776/1976 bicentennial flag painted on the dam would be trashed.......

superdave013
01-14-2005, 08:56 AM
If that dam lets go, the water could concievably get to my house downriver. The Santa Ana river isn't full, but has a good flow in it, so a dam break would overwhelm it.
That and the 1776/1976 bicentennial flag painted on the dam would be trashed.......
I hear ya Mike. It just seems like yesterday when I declined the flood insurance. Flood in Anaheim I thought??

dmontzsta
01-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I was sitting on the freeway for 2 hours solid. They have SR-71 closed and everyone was fascinated with the helicopters and news vans. The golf course is just a big body of water now. All the way down the 91 you see water, the SA river is flowing hard.

Bre
01-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Shit. I hope everyone out that way is ok :frown: ... we are off of the 71 ....but I think we are safe. This is shitty.

barbigrl
01-14-2005, 10:42 AM
There are mobile homes & homes down from there. The green river golf course also. We are on the back side of the dam, so I think we are ok. The water goes down river from us.Dilligaf is in the area. Hope he is ok.
There is a lot of HB peeps that live over there....cowboynord is one too....there houses are cool...they are on a hill!

mirvin
01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
I just heard on the news that the Army Corps of Engineers is on scene and they say THERE IS A LEAK IN THE DAM where some repairs had been in progress. They think they can fix it but are evacuating as a precaution.
mirvin :frown:

ty34984
01-14-2005, 11:55 AM
National Weather Service San Diego Ca
725 Am Pst Fri Jan 14 2005
...dam Break Flood Watch For Prado Dam Break
In Effect Until 630 Pm Pst Friday
For Orange County Coastal Areas-
Riverside County Valleys-the Inland Empire...
The National Weather Service In San Diego Has Issued A Flash Flood
Watch For Areas Along The Santa Ana River Below The Prado Dam In
Western Riverside County To The River Mouth In Orange County.
A Leak Has Developed In The Prado Dam.
The Size Of The Leak Has Increased Overnight But An Imminent
Failure Of The Dam Is Not Anticipated At This Time.
The Army Corps Of Engineers Is Assessing The Stability Of The Dam
At This Time And Additional Information Will Be Available Later
This Morning.
In The Interim The Reservoir Is Being Emptied As Fast As Possible.
Also...precautionary Evacuations Have Been Ordered Just Below The
Dam By The City Of Corona...and In Featherly Park In Orange County.
Other Evacuations Have Not Yet Been Ordered. An Information Hotline
Number For Riverside County Is...area Code 9 5 1...8 1 7 5 8 5 2.
All Residents And Property Owners Near Or Along The Santa Ana River
Between The Coast And Prado Dam Should Monitor Local Media To Stay
Abreast Of Latest Statements...evacuation Orders...or Warnings.
An Update To This Flash Flood Watch Will Be Issued Around 11 Am Or
Sooner.
$$
Balfour
edis-01-14-05 0738 Pst

syke-o
01-14-2005, 12:05 PM
wow.. i am in anaheim and i can look over my fence at the santa ana river.. there is no houses between me and the river, just a church parking lot.... i hope my house is ok... just called the wife at home and she said we dont have flood insurance :frown:

roostwear
01-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Either do we, and you must be REAL close to us!

syke-o
01-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Either do we, and you must be REAL close to us!
probably, i am just south of lincoln/west of the 57

Up 4 River
01-14-2005, 12:10 PM
If any ***boaters in the area need help moving or towing anything out of there today let me know.
U4R

roostwear
01-14-2005, 12:19 PM
probably, i am just south of lincoln/west of the 57
I'm just off Riverdale between Lakeview and the 91.

77charger
01-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I hear ya Mike. It just seems like yesterday when I declined the flood insurance. Flood in Anaheim I thought??
I am pretty close to you and might rethink flood ins we luagh when mentioned but knowing the possibilities now makes me rethink.Seriously if that much water and a broken dam i think all places close to the river would flood.I am off harbor orangethorpe.anyone remember why they put that dam there????a great flood years ago something called the 100 year flood

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I am pretty close to you and might rethink flood ins we luagh when mentioned but knowing the possibilities now makes me rethink.Seriously if that much water and a broken dam i think all places close to the river would flood.I am off harbor orangethorpe.anyone remember why they put that dam there????a great flood years ago something called the 100 year flood
Maybe that's why they call it "Harbor Blvd"... :supp:

77charger
01-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Maybe that's why they call it "Harbor Blvd"... :supp:
well i will sell you a slip for your tugboat for real cheap

Havasu Hangin'
01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
well i will sell you a slip for your tugboat for real cheap
Do I need mufflers to launch on public property? :notam:

77charger
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Do I need mufflers to launch on public property? :notam:
No since your a celebrity.Just an autograph is all you need to sign :D

Kindsvater Flat
01-14-2005, 08:41 PM
This is why we have a levee around our house.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/simplelife/images/2004_0218Image0024_JPG.jpg
Back in the day before the levee. And yes the water has come over the levee.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/flood.jpg

AirtimeLavey
01-16-2005, 05:12 PM
I just got back from Vegas. I had to evacuate and move my boat (which I just brought back from AZ for svc), my Harley, my dog and my Mom. Put everything at my brothers house over the weekend.
It was kindd of scary to have them knocking on your doors at 5AM telling you that you had 45 minutes to get out for a 5 dat evacuation. Crazy shiznit.
Channel 9 interviewed me as I was leaving and I saw Tim (midlife advantage) on Fox while in Vegas.
I guess at this point the city recommends we still stay out but the Corp/Engnrs believes everything is OK.
Wild weekend for me personally.
Damn dam!!! Sorry to hear about your troubles. That's such a great area to live (except for this moment). Hope it all works out, and quickly for you and the others down there. :clover:
Good luck.

Havasu Doug
01-16-2005, 05:14 PM
Channel 9 interviewed me as I was leaving and I saw Tim (midlife advantage) on Fox while in Vegas.
Tom, who interviewed you? Was it Michele Gile? She is a customer of mine. :D