PDA

View Full Version : THE OFFICIAL MIKE McGOOKIN CHARITY FUND RAISER FLYER

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Here we go Hot Boat Forum members...
This thing is really starting to take shape, the donations are getting rounded up and some cool stuff is in the back of my truck.
right off the bat I want to thank Absolute Speed and Marine..BOY!! did they kick down....WAY COOL GUYS....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for those of you that wish to donate goods or service to this cause please PM me. I will be adding many more items and all donations are Tax Deductible
Thur my car club...www.onesummernighthavasu.com
if you want to mail something please PM me for the address and get it in the mail no later than Tuesday.
Thanks to everyone so far this is looking good. but it all depends on all YOU (HBF members) as to the amount of help we can provide
Thanks all, hope to see you at Chuys
SummitKarl
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734MikeMcGookinFlyer14s.jpg

Ziggy
04-19-2006, 04:25 PM
ttt

BigDoug
04-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Karl, that looks awesome !!! :)

Ziggy
04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Karl, that looks awesome !!! :)
Yo Splewy Doug....whad up dawg?....I should be out there that weekend...

Mrs.Racer277
04-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Great Job Karl. :)

OutCole'd
04-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Looks like a good time. I think the Sausage crew will be in attendance.

Ziggy
04-19-2006, 06:22 PM
worthy to keep on first page

LHC30Victory
04-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Hope we can break away from the poker run to come up....

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 07:23 PM
worthy to keep on first page
thanks for the bumps, Zig...BTW ALCO kicked down a $100 service gift cert. :rollside:
I am waiting till I have Absolutes donation in my hand to say what it is but someone is going to be VERY!!! lucky.
Should have plenty of Hot Boat Goodies as well
I hit the service shops today, next are the parts stores, then the dealers
I have a couple of HBF members to sponsor dinners, but I could use a few more
I should be getting some stuff from BOAT BLING this weekend
I think the prizes are going to be cool, lots of goodies to keep your boats clean, serviced and anchored in place :)

little rowe boat
04-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Very cool. Where is Chuys? we are going to be in Havasu that weekend.

life's a river
04-19-2006, 07:50 PM
What's up LRB? I will be there as well. I'm not sure where Chuy's is at but it can't be that hard to find. I'm looking forward to meeting some more HB peeps. Are you doing the Poker Run?
PK

Ivan Dan
04-19-2006, 07:53 PM
I have a couple of HBF members to sponsor dinners, but I could use a few more
I volunteered but never heard back from you. :confused: :cool:

catalinaskiracer
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Karl! INCREDABLE! I still can't thank you enough for all your doing! Looking forward to meeting you and everybody for that fact! I will see you all there. I will be doing some video taping as I am going to Utah the following weekend to see Mike and I want to show it to him. He will be floored!
Gery S.

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I volunteered but never heard back form you. :confused: :cool:
no problem I am getting there..actually I was just about to search for that PM, I am just really getting started today, shoot me another one and tell me what you want to do and I will go get the gift cert.
the best thing you can do is just call the resturant of your choice, and charge the gift cert...then tell them I will pick it up, but tell me who you talked to,
I will be happy to e-mail you the tax deduction letter :)
Thanks
Karl

Windy
04-19-2006, 08:08 PM
Wish we could make it.

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
CHUYS is at the north west corner of (H-95 and South Palo Verde AM/PM-Carls Jr.) on Elcamino. El Camino is the frontage road on the lake side of H-95

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Wish we could make it.
You got it. Thought's and prayers are heading your brothers way. What kind of cancer?
LAR

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Karl! INCREDABLE! I still can't thank you enough for all your doing! Looking forward to meeting you and everybody for that fact! I will see you all there. I will be doing some video taping as I am going to Utah the following weekend to see Mike and I want to show it to him. He will be floored!
Gery S.
Hey OG threatened to make me a UNIC if I screw up. :rollside:
you should have already got a little present :wink:

Windy
04-19-2006, 08:15 PM
You got it. Thought's and prayers are heading your brothers way. What kind of cancer?
LAR
Thanks...weve had many set backs...hes in stage 3 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Hey OG threatened to make me a UNIC if I screw up. :rollside:
you should have already got a little present :wink:
SK, the flyer looks AWESOME! Call me in the AM.
LAR

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:17 PM
Great Job Karl. :)
Rain Dance???
Tell Sean..........LMAO about the new car :wink:
cool and congrats

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:18 PM
SK, the flyer looks AWESOME! Call me in the AM.
LAR
how about now...give me a ring

lalhc
04-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Karl - what can HB'ers do if there not going to be in town for this fundraiser? I'd like to make a contribution. My little brother went to school w/Mike.

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:23 PM
how about now...give me a ring
Check your PM.

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Karl - what can HB'ers do if there not going to be in town for this fundraiser? I'd like to make a contribution. My little brother went to school w/Mike.
Check the sticky at the top of the page "it's time to make a difference"

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
see post 14.. thats the best thing you can do to help me with raffel prizes or if you want to make a cash donation, give me a ring 928.854.4381
and we will set the transaction :) or you can just donate to the Fund listed on the sticky thread at the top of this forum :)

catalinaskiracer
04-19-2006, 08:43 PM
lalhc, HERE IS THE INFO I ALSO ADDED THE INFO ABOUT THE CATALINA FUND RAISER AS WELL. SEE BELOW
With the help of Rick & Jennifer
Lemmon from the Long Beach Boat & Ski Club we are
asking for donations of products or services which
will be raffled off at the 58th running of the Long
Beach to Catalina ski race during the ceremonies, all
proceeds will go to my cousin and family to help him
and his family with expenses. Rick Lemmone has
graciously said any one donating product or service can
hang 1 banner up at the race. Any one wishing to
donate any type pf product or service can contact
myself at mrgery7@yahoo.com or gsinnott@insyncla.com
or Luvlmon@aol.com for information on were to send
donations and more information.
Anyone wanting to just make a cash donation can do so at any Bank of America make it to the Mike McGookin Transplant Fund acct. #08676-41991

catalinaskiracer
04-19-2006, 08:49 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out for your brother and the entire family! Let me know if ther is anything I can do.
Gery

catalinaskiracer
04-19-2006, 09:51 PM
just giving it bump to the top...

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 09:53 PM
This just in.......(4) detail kits from Dri Wash N Guard a $400 value
Thanks Magic34... your a class act :)

Magic34
04-19-2006, 10:09 PM
This just in.......(4) detail kits from Dri Wash N Guard a $400 value
Thanks Magic34... your a class act :)
No problem. If I can fit even more, you'll have it.

SummitKarl
04-19-2006, 10:13 PM
No problem. If I can fit even more, you'll have it.
check post 1... hows that for a quick turn :cool:

djunkie
04-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Looks like its gonna be a great turnout Karl. I'm looking forward to it. :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-20-2006, 08:42 AM
These sponcsors just added......
Ultra boats....Thank you Mr. West :)
Callaway golf......Thank you Berry :)

OGShocker
04-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Anyone wanting to just make a cash donation can do so at any Bank of America make it to the Mike McGookin Transplant Fund acct. #08676-41991
Done!
Sorry we can't make it Gery. We will be thinking of you guys while we are freezing our azzes off in Russia.. :crossx: Please give our love to Mike. See you on the water!

Havasu1986
04-20-2006, 11:29 AM
Karl
Whats the itinerary for the nite. I will be by myself so I will need to pace myself.

SummitKarl
04-20-2006, 12:29 PM
Karl
Whats the itinerary for the nite. I will be by myself so I will need to pace myself.
well hopefully it will go something like this.
I am starting to set up about 5pm
we start the event/music around 6pm.
I will have someone play GREETER , they will stamp your hand so you can get the Chuys drink and food specials that will be offered. also some freebies to be handed out at the door, I am going to try to get us to go through the side entrance to Chuys, I should have a Hot Boat banner where you enter.
Ticket sales begin at 6pm for both the general Raffle and 50/50 style pot
tickets will be $5 ea, 7 for $10 or 20 for $20 for both the general raffle and 50/50 style pot. depending on the crowd I would expect to start pulling some general raffle prize winners and posting the winning numbers around 7-730 ish.
some of the larger ticket items, I will put out for silent auction with min. reserve....
I will pull raffle prizes and close out auctions through out the night till we run out of gifts..the I will call the share the wealth winners at the end....
OH and don't think for a second (the guy with the Mic) don't have some good HOT BOAT Jokes to play :)
there is a rumor the Hot Boat WOO....WOO.... dancers may appear :rolleyes:
after that I am going to the bar and getting a beer :)

djunkie
04-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Come find me and I'll buy you one. Or maybe 2. :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Just added a $475 free full service at Absolute Speed And Marine

catalinaskiracer
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Karl, I will plan on being there at 5pm as well to help, if you need me earlier please call me at 714-697-9216.
Gery
well hopefully it will go something like this.
I am starting to set up about 5pm
we start the event/music around 6pm.
I will have someone play GREETER , they will stamp your hand so you can get the Chuys drink and food specials that will be offered. also some freebies to be handed out at the door, I am going to try to get us to go through the side entrance to Chuys, I should have a Hot Boat banner where you enter.
Ticket sales begin at 6pm for both the general Raffle and 50/50 style pot
tickets will be $5 ea, 7 for $10 or 20 for $20 for both the general raffle and 50/50 style pot. depending on the crowd I would expect to start pulling some general raffle prize winners and posting the winning numbers around 7-730 ish.
some of the larger ticket items, I will put out for silent auction with min. reserve....
I will pull raffle prizes and close out auctions through out the night till we run out of gifts..the I will call the share the wealth winners at the end....
OH and don't think for a second (the guy with the Mic) don't have some good HOT BOAT Jokes to play :)
there is a rumor the Hot Boat WOO....WOO.... dancers may appear :rolleyes:

catalinaskiracer
04-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Mark, No problem! I will give Mike your best regaurds! Also a huge thanks for all you've done!! Mike & I will see you on the water!
Gery
Done!
Sorry we can't make it Gery. We will be thinking of you guys while we are freezing our azzes off in Russia.. :crossx: Please give our love to Mike. See you on the water!

SummitKarl
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Karl, I will plan on being there at 5pm as well to help, if you need me earlier please call me at 714-697-9216.
Gery
I have a reservation for you on my boat for a early Saturday run :)
off the lake by 2pm

catalinaskiracer
04-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a reservation for you on my boat for a early Saturday run :)
off the lake by 2pm
karl, that sounds great but I probably won't get into town until around 9:30 to 10:00am. Unfortunatlly I can't leave until early Saturday morning. MAybe if your already on the water we can plan on meeting some where. Let me know.
Thanks! Gery

SummitKarl
04-21-2006, 10:35 PM
karl, that sounds great but I probably won't get into town until around 9:30 to 10:00am. Unfortunatlly I can't leave until early Saturday morning. MAybe if your already on the water we can plan on meeting some where. Let me know.
Thanks! Gery
it's Havasu do you think I actually get up before 8am :rollside:
even my dog is comatose till 8:30am

catalinaskiracer
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
it's Havasu do you think I actually get up before 8am :rollside:
even my dog is comatose till 8:30am
Good point! sounds good I'll call you when I hit town. I am pretty sure Mike's Mom and Dad are planning on stopping by the fund raiser, thier pretty increadable people! I'll see you there!
Gery

SummitKarl
04-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Thank you BOAT BLING
Patrick Just added 1/2 a dozen or more, complete Boat Bling Sauce kits

djunkie
04-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Thank you BOAT BLING
Patrick Just added 1/2 a dozen or more, complete Boat Bling Sauce kits
Put one of those aside for me please. :crossx:

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Chuys is ready for us.
they offered up the same deal as I get for my car club.
$3.50 domestic 1/2 pitchers
$3.99 (2) Chicken Taco Dinner w/ rice and beans
also they are donating 6 dinners for (2)
and several chuys shirts

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Hot Boat will be kicking down some cool stuff. one thing I think is cool will be the giant poster boards of the magazine covers, that are given to the dealers ONLY... if your boats on the cover of Hot Boat or in a issue, this could be your chance to own something never offered to the public before

SummitKarl
04-24-2006, 05:18 PM
This just in.
Russ from Sea Tow will be on hand for a membership drive
with a donation made to the charity pot for each membership sold during the event.
If your thinking of joining, this would be a good time to do it :)

catalinaskiracer
04-24-2006, 05:58 PM
To Karl and all who have donated to this fund raiser I can not THANK YOU ALL ENOUGH! My cousin and family are all overwelmed by all of this as and I. My deepest THANKS! to all. I really look forward to meeting all of you on Saturday night. I did also confirm Mike's Mom, Dad, Sister and her Husband are coming Saturday night. We all look forward to it and meeting everyone! I will also be video tapping as much as I can so I can take it to Utah when I visit Mike the weekend of the May 6th. we'll see you all Saturday!
Gery S.

SummitKarl
04-25-2006, 11:36 AM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
breaking news.....
a free full team entrance to the Catalina ski race has just been donated :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-25-2006, 08:04 PM
Karl,
You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. See you friday. :)
And the Woo Woo dancer will not be in town this weekend. :p

SummitKarl
04-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Karl,
You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. See you friday. :)
And the Woo Woo dancer will not be in town this weekend. :p
I am tired now..hope I make it to friday, just had dinner with BD and REV...Jerry is funny I should just hand him the mic Saturday :rollside:

SummitKarl
04-25-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Wheels in Anaheim is donating a gift certificate to get any set of wheels the winner owns plated or polished for free. Probably about a $1500 value

SummitKarl
04-26-2006, 12:29 PM
Straight from Barry Meguiar himself.......( I am not kidding)
(6) complete detail kits.....these are the big $100 kits
Thank you Eliminator Boats for the direct hook up
and Barry.......I AM CAR CRAZY!!!!!!

SummitKarl
04-26-2006, 08:16 PM
First off to my FRIEND!!! and BIZ partner. (your National Hot Boat sales Manager).......THANK YOU!!!!! OMG THANK YOU!!!!!!.. I wish you and your Family a long and health life in your new Summit Home and I can hardly wait to hand you the keys SOON!! :wink:
Ok folks hold on we got some killer stuff
for all of you that still didn't get your HB shirts....you just donated them to charity, I have about 60 new HB shirts, koozie cups, and floating key chains
I didn't count the hats but we got a few of those as well.
some of the really big ticket items are pictured below and I want to explain them to you.
First are the poster boards, these things are huge, "note the Gallon bottle of TA-KILL-YA" these are only given out to dealers and not very often either, there is the "girls of hot boat on line" and of the LA boat show sporting a picture of Mrs Charitycase, Windy, Mrs Killer-(GRRRRRR) :) and Bunny 166
plus a couple of other issues, bring your wallet these will not go cheap
also a no can get item is a HOT BOAT Employees/ Dealer jacket "I love mine"
very nice jacket :)
and of course you see the billet rapid hitch, another item to big to display is a 2' by maybe 12 HOT BOAT banner, amongst many other items.
My 8' bed truck was completely full today.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734poster2.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734poster1.JPG

cxr133
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
are raffle tickets available on ebay yet??

Redwing247
04-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks to the companies that contribute, I know I will be returning the favor by purchasing their products or services when the need arises. I am sure most of the boaters here will do the same. Please pass it along..

markc
04-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Wow! incredible, My new mesh back leather executive chair as a donation dont sound like much compared to all these others.
I am very good friends with the Mcgookins and Gery, we will see you there!
Mark

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Pixi, just sent me (4) $250 gift certs to their Auto Body Shop
Simons Auto Body
You two already know how much I love and respect you.
THANK YOU,,,,,THANK YOU,,,,THANK YOU

OGShocker
04-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Good evening from Moscow.....
Karl,
Today is the day buddy. I hope all the HBF members who are in Havasu this weekend, can make it out to the EVENT! We'll be back in LA Monday and can not wait to hear how the "community" pulls together for one of our own.

SummitKarl
04-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Good evening from Moscow.....
Karl,
Today is the day buddy. I hope all the HBF members who are in Havasu this weekend, can make it out to the EVENT! We'll be back in LA Monday and can not wait to hear how the "community" pulls together for one of our own.
Thanks OG, today is the day after...and I am SPENT!!!, we did great...head count was close to the 200 or so mark, it's sure seemed that everyone had a good time, we took in $1700 for the night and more is still on the way. The money was given directly to Mike's parents for our donation. I just got to give PROPS to "The Beautiful Mrs.4-B", she had no idea what she had got herself into, and pulled through it like a champ.
we had so many things donated by SOOOOO many on this board, it was hard to hand it all out in 5 hrs. I still have a few prizes that were not claimed so, I am going to set up the first HB online auction as soon as the webmaster can get to it.
THANK YOU HOT BOAT MAGAZINE

Rod-64
04-30-2006, 12:00 PM
It was a great time at Chuy's last night...........bought a bunch of raffle tix and a t-shirt. Won another t-shirt and a Mcguire's car care bag, pretty cool.
Met a few peeps and had dinner with Mark and Sara. After being on the lake it was a perfect way to end the day having fun and helping out. :boxed:
Got a headache though.....one pitcher too many. :crossx:

life's a river
04-30-2006, 12:56 PM
Thanks OG, today is the day after...and I am SPENT!!!, we did great...head count was close to the 200 or so mark, it's sure seemed that everyone had a good time, we took in $1700 for the night and more is still on the way. The money was given directly to Mike's parents for our donation. I just got to give PROPS to "The Beautiful Mrs.4-B", she had no idea what she had got herself into, and pulled through it like a champ.
we had so many things donated by SOOOOO many on this board, it was hard to hand it all out in 5 hrs. I still have a few prizes that were not claimed so, I am going to set up the first HB online auction as soon as the webmaster can get to it.
THANK YOU HOT BOAT MAGAZINE
Thank you SK, and Mrs.4B for all the hard work. I think things went great. Good food, good view of the lake, great people and some good tunes. I have some pictures that I will put up on my site later this week. I hope everbody had a good time.
PK

catalinaskiracer
04-30-2006, 05:18 PM
All, I have just gotten home from Havasue and wanted to give HUGE THANKS!! to Hot Boat and Summit Karl! You guys are fantastic!! The event at Chuys was great!! I wanted to post something the minute I got in! I can't say enough about Hot Boat and karl for putting this together. Also huge thanks to Mrs 4b, it was great meeting you finally, and for all the help you gave! To Paul from Lifes a river, you are a class act my friend! Thank you for everything and all your help! HUge Thanks! to all the sponsors as well! Mike's parent's and family were overwelmed by everything!! They couldn't stop talking about the event and how great all the people were! Also to all the people from Hot Boat forums that came Thank you all! It was great to finally meet you some of you and put face to the screen name. To those of you from the boards that couldn't make it, you should be kicking yourself because it was KICK A$$ event!! The tally thus far is $1896.00 that's the money from the fund raiser and also from people that donated to either myself or MIke's parents. Karl & Hot Boat again HUGE THANKS!!! I will keep everyone updated on anything I find out, Take good care all and hopefully we'll meet on the water at some point this summer.
Gery S.

OGShocker
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Sounds like everything went off well! Congrats to all involved, you guys are awesome!!!

SummitKarl
05-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Sounds like everything went off well! Congrats to all involved, you guys are awesome!!!
ok so does this mean your not going to turn me into a Unic now :rollside:
and I would like a upgrade from OLGA :)

jetboat
05-02-2006, 04:53 AM
has any body ordered parts within the last couple of weeks and any problems with there ordering?

SummitKarl
05-02-2006, 07:51 AM
has any body ordered parts within the last couple of weeks and any problems with there ordering?
now why on earth would you post this on thread for charity. please remove your post...that has nothing to do this charity drive...... WHAT A PUTZ :rolleyes: