PDA

View Full Version : Any gun dealers?

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone a gun dealer or have connections to a dealer?
Were looking for 9mm or 40cal. semi-automatic hand gun. We plan on registering and doing it legit just having a hard time finding a decent dealer.
Thanks!

THATJEFFGUY
01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Maybe I can help ya out...does it have to have serial numbers though ? :D

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Anyone a gun dealer or have connections to a dealer?
Were looking for 9mm or 40cal. semi-automatic hand gun. We plan on registering and doing it legit just having a hard time finding a decent dealer.
Thanks!
I have a vintage colt 1911 model made in 1917. Been through a couple world wars and still shoots right on the money. Where are you located?
Also have a S&W model 469 9mm with four 12 round clips.

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 12:30 PM
Maybe I can help ya out...does it have to have serial numbers though ? :D
Ummm...Ive never done this before but :hammerhea does it have to have a serial number to register it??
I have a vintage colt 1911 model made in 1917. Been through a couple world wars and still shoots right on the money. Where are you located?
Im in NorCal 20 miles south of San Francisco.

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Got a pic? Are you selling it?

Second "PLACE"
01-14-2005, 12:37 PM
You may want to try Turners Outdoorsman. They usually have good deals on theses types of handguns. Are you looking for any specifice make of 9mm or .40 ????? SIG SAUER 9mm works very well.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 12:39 PM
Ok who is it for You or the Hubby,
For you get the new Glock 27, 40 cal
it has a a very small grip and has is great for a woman 10 round magazine and 1 in the chamber
For the hubby I would get the Beretta 8000 commonly known as the Cougar in the 40 cal version. The two below are the cougar in 9 and the Glock 27 in 40 cal.
Good luck
P.S. I think he was joking about the serial numbers.... Yes you do need them
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00580.JPG

Second "PLACE"
01-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Damn Kilrtoy-----looks like a "PULP FICTION" Poster !

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 12:42 PM
it has a a very small grip and has is great for a woman 10 round magazine and 1 in the chamber
For the hubby I would get the Beretta 8000 commonly known as the Cougar in the 40 cal version. The two below are the cougar in 9 and the Glock 27 in 40 cal.
Good luck
Its pretty much for me....but of course he will use it for fun at the shooting range. So the Glock sounds perfect. Thanks hun!
The girls look hot!!!

NashvilleBound
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Mrs Restless: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANYONE BUT A REGISTERED GUN DEALER. One that has a gun store NOT in his home and does the proper background checks. This protects you and the person you are buying it from. If you buy a gun, lets say from some looser that wants to sell something he has had for a long time. If anything ever happens, and it does...like home invasions(police take your gun for evidence) or car stolen with it in it....anything...if that gun was ever used in a crime you will have some explaining to do. Trust me....you dont need any hastle like you will have just to save a $100 or so. Legal tranfers on the other hand are ok through a qualified dealer also. If you would like a more detailed explanation just PM me I would be more than happy to answer any question you might have including if you want some suggestions for a gun to fit your needs. Most of the time you get what you pay for!

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Here is a picof the gun in her hand , you can see how small it is. You can carry it in your pocket or purse( not that it is legal to do such). Hers has top of the line night sights and some other things. You dont need all that. Just get the basic Glock 27, 40 cal. This is not a cheap gun. You can go alot cheaper, but what is your life worth.
Go luck girlie....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00502.JPG

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
If you buy a gun from a private party, meet the person at a gun store and complete the transaction there, legally. They will also inspect the gun. Yes, I am selling the 9mm. I will take pictures tonight....
If it's for you, and you are a woman with petite hands, it might be a little big of a gun for you. You might want to look into a Walther .380. Let me know.

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Kilr, how many slugs does that glock hold (excluding one in the pipe)?

JB in so cal
01-14-2005, 12:57 PM
I think I'm starting to tingle...

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 12:58 PM
I think I'm starting to tingle...
You better go see a docor immediately, and tell all the women you have been with in the past six months!!! :D :D :D

Restless22
01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Kilrrrr.... Do you like how the glock shoots? The only thing I dont really like about the glock is the safety. Other than that it is a badd azzz looking gun!

Outnumbered
01-14-2005, 01:07 PM
Mrs Restless: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANYONE BUT A REGISTERED GUN DEALER. One that has a gun store NOT in his home and does the proper background checks. This protects you and the person you are buying it from. If you buy a gun, lets say from some looser that wants to sell something he has had for a long time. If anything ever happens, and it does...like home invasions(police take your gun for evidence) or car stolen with it in it....anything...if that gun was ever used in a crime you will have some explaining to do. Trust me....you dont need any hastle like you will have just to save a $100 or so. Legal tranfers on the other hand are ok through a qualified dealer also. If you would like a more detailed explanation just PM me I would be more than happy to answer any question you might have including if you want some suggestions for a gun to fit your needs. Most of the time you get what you pay for!
Easy there Nashville. Just because a guy wants to sell an old gun doesn't mean he's a looser. I have bought private party before and YES you must go through a dealer to do so (FFL). It is perfectly legal and will produce the paper trail that you need to protect you from any history the gun may have. Most dealers will do this but by appointment only. Its not a good idea to walk into a gun shop with a gun :jawdrop:
Turners is great and the prices are hard to beat. Go to www.gunbroker.com to check market prices on just about any gun. Its like e-bay with guns :D . I have bought guns on gunbroker too with no problems, always through an FFL and some were shipped from out of state legally through the FFL.
OL

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Kilrrrr.... Do you like how the glock shoots? The only thing I dont really like about the glock is the safety. Other than that it is a badd azzz looking gun!
I dont like the saftey either, but then again it is not a toy. it does take some getting used to the MRs loves it. It fits everywhere (OK SICKOS NOT THERE), small purse pocket center console.....
I have not shot that one, but have shot a 27 and love it.....
That gun is still a VIRGIN
it holds 10 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Easy there Nashville.
I don't know what's up with Mr. Nashville. Seems like every thread he posts in, his responses are rude and inconsiderate. Perhaps he is having some bad luck latey and needs to vent??? :(

Outnumbered
01-14-2005, 01:14 PM
I don't know what's up with Mr. Nashville. Seems like every thread he posts in, his responses are rude and inconsiderate. Perhaps he is having some bad luck latey and needs to vent??? :(
Maybe that country music is getting to him :D :D :D

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Maybe that country music is getting to him :D :D :D
I would have thought that moving away from the california, into a slower lifestyle would have helped??? :confused:

NashvilleBound
01-14-2005, 01:28 PM
Easy there Nashville. Just because a guy wants to sell an old gun doesn't mean he's a looser. I have bought private party before and YES you must go through a dealer to do so (FFL). It is perfectly legal and will produce the paper trail that you need to protect you from any history the gun may have. Most dealers will do this but by appointment only. Its not a good idea to walk into a gun shop with a gun :jawdrop:
Turners is great and the prices are hard to beat. Go to www.gunbroker.com to check market prices on just about any gun. Its like e-bay with guns :D . I have bought guns on gunbroker too with no problems, always through an FFL and some were shipped from out of state legally through the FFL.
OL
Sorry if I seemed abrupt but I spent the better part of two years in federal court for gun violations. (so to speak) ...facing 7-10. The feds have no sense of humer. But if you notice in the middle of my post I did mention legal transfers....

Ultracrazy
01-14-2005, 01:28 PM
You can get a extra clip for the 27 that extends past the grip for those with larger hands........the saftey is internal on the Glock (on the trigger)

NashvilleBound
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Come on there guys....your gonna give me a complex :cry: :notam: I was just trying help a possible bad situation

Cas
01-14-2005, 01:35 PM
isn't Imvert and Smithers still in San Carlos on El Camino? It's been about 4 years since I was down that way but they used to be pretty good.
The other place was in South San Fran, Armanino Gun Shop on Grand Ave.
or what's that place in Sam Mateo called...ummmm California Gun Shop....California Weapons....anyway, they were on El Camino also. They had trade-ins for a pretty good price at one time.

Liberator TJ1984
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
Good luck
Damn Killer !!!! What were you pointing at THEM !!!!! :devil:

Cas
01-14-2005, 01:37 PM
isn't Imbert and Smithers still in San Carlos on El Camino? It's been about 4 years since I was down that way but they used to be pretty good.
The other place was in South San Fran, Armanino Gun Shop on Grand Ave.
or what's that place in Sam Mateo called...ummmm California Gun Shop....California Weapons....anyway, they were on El Camino also. They had trade-ins for a pretty good price at one time.

Dave C
01-14-2005, 01:37 PM
damn, are you guys packing heat? was it something I said? I was just kidding. ;)
BTW I don't think it would be a good idea to give a pregnant hormonal lady a piece. Just an FYI! ;)
Did you call Imbert & Smithers?

dbddbd
01-14-2005, 02:13 PM
My Dad is a Gun show dealer, in other words deals in guns that are used but in superb shape, for the lady i'd recommend the 9mm short caliber Otherwise known as the 380 virtually all those weapons are small and it has less kickback than say the recommend 40 previously, for the man I recommend the well built extremely versatile Browning Hi Power 9mm, no finer gun overall is made in production.... :mix:

Tom Brown
01-14-2005, 02:22 PM
I have a .177 cal Crossman air riffle. :cool:

Lake Ape
01-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Get a Wilson!!
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/wcqb-t-a.jpg
Wilson Combat (http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_cqb.asp)

ratso
01-14-2005, 02:44 PM
damn, are you guys packing heat? was it something I said? I was just kidding. ;)
BTW I don't think it would be a good idea to give a pregnant hormonal lady a piece. Just an FYI! ;)
Did you call Imbert & Smithers?
ROTFLMFAO!!!
Good one Dave C...

THATJEFFGUY
01-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Good luck
Yeah I was kidding about the serial numbers ! I would agree with Kilr here, go for the Glock 27 (http://www.glock.com/g27.htm) (40 cal), it fits nice either in your purse, or holstered and has all the stopping power you may need. The Glock 19 (http://www.glock.com/te_g19.htm) (9mm) is ok, but may take a few shots to "knock em down"...you wanna do it right the first time. Turners Outdoorsman (http://www.turners.com/turners/stores.php) usually has decent prices, but the salespeople are usually complete idiots ! Try a local gun range, or talk to a local police officer..they can usually point (no pun intended)you in the right direction of a reputable and/or inexpensive gun dealer. Good luck and don't forget to post some pics when you get it !

ULTRA21XS
01-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Bst Place You Can Go Is Turners Outdoors....if You Are New To The Gun World I Would Not Suggest A Gloch As They Do Not Have A Hammer And Hard To See If Loaded....look At The Beretta Or The Sig Sauer.....and Go For The 40 Not The 9mm

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 03:02 PM
We just got back from looking at the Sig 40....I think thats the winner. I dont know about it fitting in a purse?? It seems a little big for that (not that I would ever have it in my purse) but it definitly seems safer then the 9.
DaveC- come on! My hormones aren't that bad!! :boxingguy :D

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 03:04 PM
We just got back from looking at the Sig 40...
You can't go wrong with that. One beautiful weapon, accurate and fun to shoot.
What were those crazy sights that glowed forever that they used to sell?

STV_Keith
That gun is still a VIRGIN it holds 10 in the magazine and 1 in the chamber
Technically, the G27 holds 9 rounds in the mag as they come stock. With the Pearce grip extension, they hold 1 more, and it rounds out the bottom of the grip for another finger. I too carry the G27 for personal defense.
Also remember that the G23 (13rnd) and G22 (15rnd) mags WILL fit in the G27. I carry with a G27 mag w/pearce +1 grip (10rds), and a backup G22 mag (15rds). Dunno if that is all legal in Kommifonia though. :hammerhea
If your gun ranges there offer it like they do here, go to the range the RENT anything/everything that looks interesting and see what fits the best and feels the best for you.

Kilrtoy
Bst Place You Can Go Is Turners Outdoors....if You Are New To The Gun World I Would Not Suggest A Gloch As They Do Not Have A Hammer And Hard To See If Loaded....look At The Beretta Or The Sig Sauer.....and Go For The 40 Not The 9mm
TREAT ALL WEAPONS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED AT ALL TIMES

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 03:06 PM
When I am an old man (the year 2065), I think handguns will have been banned in CA. I honestly feel that......

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 03:07 PM
TREAT ALL WEAPONS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED AT ALL TIMES
I did notice that for the picture both the ladies fingers were not on the triggers.

Greaser
01-14-2005, 03:08 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00502.JPG
Glock should use this picture in their advertisements. Sure makes me want to get one :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Technically, the G27 holds 9 rounds in the mag as they come stock. With the Pearce grip extension, they hold 1 more, and it rounds out the bottom of the grip for another finger. I too carry the G27 for personal defense.
Also remember that the G23 (13rnd) and G22 (15rnd) mags WILL fit in the G27. I carry with a G27 mag w/pearce +1 grip (10rds), and a backup G22 mag (15rds). Dunno if that is all legal in Kommifonia though. :hammerhea
If your gun ranges there offer it like they do here, go to the range the RENT anything/everything that looks interesting and see what fits the best and feels the best for you.
Keith is CORRECT and I am wrong it holds 9 and 1 in the chamber, I HATE WHEN IM WRONG :hammer2:

STV_Keith
01-14-2005, 03:12 PM
And I was just gonna jump back on to point it out! :eat: LOL :D
Quick on that edit button, aren't ya. :220v:

repo man
01-14-2005, 03:17 PM
i've got some guns i might want to sell. will post pics later.

spectras only
01-14-2005, 03:19 PM

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
And I was just gonna jump back on to point it out! :eat: LOL :D
Quick on that edit button, aren't ya. :220v:
On those rare occasions YES

IN2MX
01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
You can't go wrong with that. One beautiful weapon, accurate and fun to shoot.
What were those crazy sights that glowed forever that they used to sell?
be careful with Sig Sauer....there was a san fernando copper that killed with his own weapon when he accidently dropped it on the ground......I dont remember the exact cause, but i know that it had to do with the safety, or i think the lack thereof of an internal safety, and Sig put out a recall.
I have owned or currently own a Smith and Wesson, Heckler and Koch, and Beretta and by far the best weapon has been my beretta 9mm. It never ever malfunctions and I have shot thousand's of rounds through it. But, I would buy a 40 cal. instead of the 9mm as it has just a little more mass, but still has low recoil with maximum round capacity.

Mrs. Restless22
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
be careful with Sig Sauer....there was a san fernando copper that killed with his own weapon when he accidently dropped it on the ground......I dont remember the exact cause, but i know that it had to do with the safety, or i think the lack thereof of an internal safety, and Sig put out a recall.
If there was a recall would the gun shops still be selling that model?

spectras only
01-14-2005, 03:30 PM

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 03:34 PM
He was carrying a 45.cal. Like all of them, the hammer is back(COCKED) and not on safety. He was carrying it on top of his books and it fell and discharged upon hitting the ground

IN2MX
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
If there was a recall would the gun shops still be selling that model?
Not sure, something to ask the gun dealer about where you buy it from.
Good rule of thumb is purchase a weapon that has BOTH an internal safety and an external safety / decocking lever. Then, practice with it. Not only shooting it, but drawing it from wherever you are normally going to keep it, and also manipulation of the weapon. PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, until you can draw, take the weapon off safe, accurately fire (NOT RAPIDLY FIRE), and replace the magazine efficently when you go empty.
Wyatt Earp once said, "Speed is good, but accuracy is DEADLY. You must learn how to be slow in a hurry."

Outnumbered
01-14-2005, 03:42 PM
He was carrying a 45.cal. Like all of them, the hammer is back(COCKED) and not on safety. He was carrying it on top of his books and it fell and discharged upon hitting the ground
What was he thinking?
OL

IN2MX
01-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Would have never happened with a Beretta. My point exactly.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Wyatt Earp once said, "Speed is good, but accuracy is DEADLY. You must learn how to be slow in a hurry."
That is the best qoute you have ever said, OH SHIT, you stole that one too, never mind

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:01 PM
why would you want to sell that 1911???Those are my favorite guns and IMO the best desiigned handgun made(they have been trying to top that for almost 100 years) :p

Bense468
01-14-2005, 04:03 PM
I shoot a lot, and I HATE beretta's even the 92fs. I have shot several different types and experience mis feeds all the time. Even brand new. from my experience I would never trust my life or my family's life to a berreta.
I personally have sig's, a H&K, some shot gun and a tournament 22. I had a glock and sold it. I personally am a big caliber guy. I like 40's and 45's but I shoot a lot. My next gun will be a colt 1911.
My sig 226 .40 is my favorite gun. Its stainless, its heavy (which is good), it shoots dead on, and I really like the feel. I also have the rail kit and night sights (not really needed). Sig also makes sub compact if concelment is what you are looking for.
For a cheaper gun then the 226 look at the Sig pro. It is a polymer frame gun (like a glock). Personally I am not a huge fan of ploymer because they are too light and generally don't shoot as well as a heavier gun. They are a great carry gun if weight is an issue
Bottom line, whatver you get practice a lot. Know and learn your gun. remember that if it came down to it, (2) in the bad guy with a 9mm is better then (0) with a .45 because you don't shoot you gun a lot. Start out close range 7 yards and work your way back to 25 yards, or you are wasting ammo and $$$. Learn how to hold the gun (the right way). Learn your de-cocker, ask questions to the right people and you will progress far beyond what you would have on your own.
I have purchased off gun broker several times. I would recommend learning the laws, doing your research. Buying from a legit place. Go through a FFL if you are concerned about anything.
If you are after home protection only, you can never beat a 12 guage.
Good luck with your purchase and I will vouch for Sig.

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I am fast and accurate plus my gun only carries 8 in the mag 1 in chamber so i make every shot count on a good run i can hit 6 shots in the center chest area in about 2.5 seconds or under.But have alot of experience with guns and spent alot of time reloading and target shooting.just dont have as much time as i use too :frown:

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Get a Wilson!!
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/wcqb-t-a.jpg
Wilson Combat (http://www.wilsoncombat.com/p_cqb.asp) Now thats what i am talkin about
:D
(did i mention i am a 1911 addict)and a gun lover :D

Bense468
01-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Now thats what i am talkin about
:D
(did i mention i am a 1911 addict)and a gun lover :D
Thats a good gun.
Have you ever cut/or seen a Colt 1911 cut? a whole different story then most if not all the guns today.

mirvin
01-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Wilson's are super bad assssss!! But dang, arent they like $1500 bucks just to get in the door over there??
I still really like my S&W 99. Just like butter...... ;)
mirvin

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Thats a good gun.
Have you ever cut/or seen a Colt 1911 cut? a whole different story then most if not all the guns today.
I see you see the light and want a 1911 :D No i havent seen one cut but they are like the 350 chevy so many options where do you stop.I have a colt commander it is a "loose gun"but shoots dead on accurate never jammed,etc only thing i did was trigger job.Now my springfield needs some minor tuning to say it nice but potetial is ther i bought it for 3 gun matches and kept going back to my colt.combine that with my ar15 and mossberg i have a deadly combo if needed.Its up for sale if someone wants it i want at least 400.00(it shoots factory ammo fine has probs with my reloads dont know why everything is in spec) but to me a gun that has probs is junk(it can be fixed and nailed it down to too tight a chamber)
kilr i thought you knew nothing aout guns but seems you taught your wife good gun safety :mix:
bense. i go shoot with a good group to the desert here and there and 50 bmgs are very common with them so next time i'll pm you usually a camping trip for the weekend if you want to make it out.and BEER too

hack job
01-14-2005, 04:23 PM
is a ruger kp944 a pretty good gun? i have been thinking about getting one for a long time
http://ruger.com/Firearms/images/Products/81L.gif

Bense468
01-14-2005, 04:29 PM
I shot a springfield and it was okay. I shot a colt and really liked it. It will be my next gun for sure. Where abouts do you shoot in the desert charger?One of my buddies just took a job up in victorville at the federal prison and moved up there. He has been trying to get me to go up there to shoot.

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:30 PM
is a ruger kp944 a pretty good gun? i have been thinking about getting one for a long time
ruger makes a fine product IMO.if used for comps or pinpoint acuracy i say no but for rec and protection yes.BTW i also have a mini 14 ruger and it is like an ak47 no matter the dirt,mud,water it fires very very fast.

Restless22
01-14-2005, 04:31 PM
I would like some 411 on this gun also. I you got some!

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
. Where abouts do you shoot in the desert charger?One of my buddies just took a job up in victorville at the federal prison and moved up there. He has been trying to get me to go up there to shoot.
usually calico area but a couple of other areas too i was to go tomorrow to a new area but now i have to wrok i need to find areas that will allow a so called assualt weopon abd barstoe area is legal to do so we get a ggod group together as well as do a couple of shoots at angeles ranges mainly some old posters from ar15.com been shootin with thhem for about 3-4 years
(damn ny beers are kickin in but its friday and iaint drivin nowhere)

hack job
01-14-2005, 04:34 PM
ruger makes a fine product IMO.if used for comps or pinpoint acuracy i say no but for rec and protection yes.BTW i also have a mini 14 ruger and it is like an ak47 no matter the dirt,mud,water it fires very very fast.
thanks robert . thats about what i have been told i really like it but i not shot it yet. so i might have to go to a range and take it out for a test drive lol ;) :D

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:40 PM
thanks robert . thats about what i have been told i really like it but i not shot it yet. so i might have to go to a range and take it out for a test drive lol ;) :D
do it best way toi find out alot of peeps slam them without trying them out but based on reported accuracy but like i said in a post earlier if it jams it is junk no matter the brand(even my springy jams but it is very accurate)now what good is that if it jams??I havent shot a ruger handgun but know peopla who have and i can say from watching them they fired fine price is good on them too.

Bense468
01-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Make sure you bring another gun, OR another person. You cannot rent unless you have one or the other by law.

Bense468
01-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Ruger makes very good revolvers. My experience with ruger's auto loaders is so so. They are a cheaper gun. Def not a 1911. Their slides are clanky and not tight. I have not seen or played with the gun you are refering to at all above though.
I agree with robert Any gun that jams or mis-feeds is junk.

Dave C
01-14-2005, 04:51 PM
you mean....Yet! ;)
I need to have a talk with the Mr.... I gonna give him the helmet and flack jacket that I wore.... ;)
We just got back from looking at the Sig 40....I think thats the winner. I dont know about it fitting in a purse?? It seems a little big for that (not that I would ever have it in my purse) but it definitly seems safer then the 9.

IN2MX
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
That is the best qoute you have ever said, OH SHIT, you stole that one too, never mind
That's why I said, and quoted.......WYATT EARP SAID, "............."
DUMBASS :hammerhea

Havasu Cig
01-14-2005, 05:19 PM
That's one of the things that make the Glock a great gun for combat / defense situations. No external safety to worry about. Your finger should not be on the trigger until you are ready to fire if trained correctly. Once your finger goes to the trigger the safety is depressed and the gun is ready to go.
I own many guns but for a combat situation where the stress is high I will take the Glock any day. You need to decide what you are using the gun for. I would also take the .40 over the 9mm. I own 4 Glocks, 3 in .40 and one in 9mm. They are all great guns. My.02.

Havasu Cig
01-14-2005, 05:20 PM
I would like some 411 on this gun also. I you got some!
IMO Ruger auto's are the bayliner of the gun world. They work but are definitely not top quality.

77charger
01-14-2005, 05:27 PM
IMO Ruger auto's are the bayliner of the gun world. They work but are definitely not top quality.
WORKS is the key word.What good is a "named brand gun" that wont fire when your life depends on it?there are many more worse guns than a ruger So i dont think it is a "bayliner"of the gun world IMO.I dont own a handgun from them but would consider like i said earlier i own the rifles and they are great but wouldnt mind owning a blackhawk or a redhawk from ruger over any smith and wesson anyday.
So do you consider the ruger 10/22 rifle bayliner too?mini14?,44mag carbine?
as for glocks they are great guns too i just dont like the triggers(you either like them or you dont)I dont but still have to say they are a good functioning weapon.
tyson see what i mean with the rugers.LOL :hammer2:

Restless22
01-14-2005, 05:32 PM
ruger 10/22 rifle, I love that gun! Its a great little varmit gun

Lake Ape
01-14-2005, 05:35 PM
If you take your guns seriously I would suggest ponying up the extra dinero and get a Wilson, you can't go wrong! They even have the custom 11 round 1911.
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/WKZ-A-SS.jpg

Havasu Cig
01-14-2005, 05:36 PM
I should of been more clear, I meant to say Ruger auto handguns. I still say they are like Bayliners. Better than the no name $hit from Russia, China ect... but bottom of the barrel when it comes to name brand stuff.
I own many guns that I love like my 1911, but when it come to a high stress life or death situation I will take a Glock. I have used a Glock several times in situations that were very high stress and I could not say enough good things about the gun. You have to train with and feel comfortable with whatever you choose.
As far as rifles go I like my Carbon 15, but the mini 14 is a nice gun for target shooting.

77charger
01-14-2005, 05:38 PM
one of the best 22s ever made how many gun owners you talk too that was one of their first guns the 44 mag carbine is the same only in 44 mag, :) and that boat in yor avatar is the same colors as my eliminaotrs must be 1993 era.Just wish you would have decided to sell it earlier and i would have taken it(really). :frown:

77charger
01-14-2005, 05:40 PM
As far as rifles go I like my Carbon 15, but the mini 14 is a nice gun for target shooting.
any probs with the carbon 15?I was interested in one a while back but went with the std alm receiver (armalite).Yes i prefer the ar for comp or long range but my mini14 is a funner plinker.

schiada96
01-14-2005, 05:47 PM
sombody say 10-22, clark threaded barrel clark trigger great jackrabbit gun

wildbillg
01-14-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/gunstitl.gif
If your thinking about a gun this is a good place to shop for one...
GUNS AMERICA (http://www.gunsamerica.com/)
Check it out, you just need a ffl dealer to have the gun shipped to.
I have bought several guns from it.....

Bense468
01-14-2005, 06:41 PM
Charger
You think this would get the job done?
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/images/product/WSG-A-TT.jpg
or some caspians
http://www.huntercustoms.com/images/1-19-2004-a.jpg
http://www.huntercustoms.com/images/1-19-2004-b.jpg

NashvilleBound
01-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I hate to jump in again, but since they lifted the ban on mags is it leagal to sell the high capasity again...I have a ton of them I need to get rid of.
HK USP/AR 15....and a butt load of .223

77charger
01-14-2005, 07:08 PM
I hate to jump in again, but since they lifted the ban on mags is it leagal to sell the high capasity again...I have a ton of them I need to get rid of.
Has aalways been legal to transfer private party if you dont live in ca.was only illegal to manufacture for civilian sale after 94 now that the ban is gone you can do whatever since you now live in tn.
Bense the wilsons and caspians are nice cant go wrong if i had the dough i would have had one by now.so many places to choose from these days.

mike37
01-14-2005, 07:12 PM
what do ya think of this gun
Raven Arms MP25 Pistol
Caliber .25 ACP
6 + 1 capacity
http://members.aol.com/jtjersey/Raven/P25RtSide.JPG

wildbillg
01-14-2005, 07:23 PM
what do ya think of this gun
Raven Arms MP25 Pistol
Caliber .25 ACP
6 + 1 capacity
http://members.aol.com/jtjersey/Raven/P25RtSide.JPG
That gun is a real POS
I remember when I was in cali selling parts to dealers parts depts. and we would GIVE them one of those for ordering a certian amount of goods..
That is the tru saturday night special, hell from a distance that gun wont even punture a good leather jacket .25 cal is crap.....
That is my opinion.
I would rather have a bobcat .22http://images.gunsamerica.com/upload/976430550-1.jpg

mike37
01-14-2005, 07:30 PM
ya I know but the funny thing is that no mater how dirty it gets it still fires every time

Kindsvater Flat
01-14-2005, 07:49 PM
The SigPro 2340 is one of the guns on my CCW permit. Plus its the only gun I will carry. I prefer it.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 08:00 PM
The SigPro 2340 is one of the guns on my CCW permit. Plus its the only gun I will carry. I prefer it.
What Sheriffs Cock did you suck to get that?????????

Kindsvater Flat
01-14-2005, 08:02 PM
What Sheriffs Cock did you suck to get that?????????
No pole smokin here Chief!!!:D Just one of the many benefits of living in NorCal. Oh ya also I have no restrictions other than airports, gov buildings etc.:D:D:D:D

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Thats pretty impressive and very hard to get.....

Kindsvater Flat
01-14-2005, 08:25 PM
Thats pretty impressive and very hard to get.....
For Damn Sure!!! What I have to go through now to keep it compared to how I got it is 2 different worlds.
Here are my toys and guess the guage on the last pic (actual size). And I have a safe full of rifles and shotguns also.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/gun1.JPG
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/gun5.JPG

Flyinbowtie
01-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I'd like to know what the weapon is going to be used for.
I live in the sticks. For home defense, I have always left my wife with a Remington 11-87 semi-auto 12 guage shotgun when I am not at home. It is a very intimidating weapon, and a high degree of accuracy by the shooter is not a critical issue. The magazine is loaded with with one round of 00 Buckshot, then 2 slugs, then the remaining rounds are buck.
The previously mentioned Browning Hi-Power is arguably the finest semi-auto pistol ever made. The only drawback was the 9mm round.
No offense to all the Colt and Colt-Clone folks out there.
Today, I believe that the Sig-Sauer P226 is the finest combat handgun in production. If you can fire the weapon with repeatable accuracy, then the .40 S&W is my first choice. If you struggle with a weaker wrist, then the far less effective 9mm is the other option. We have equipped several female officers with the 9 because they cannot control the .40. We have issued the P226 in either 9mm or .40 S&W for over 15 years and have never had a weapon failure based malfunction on the range or in a deadly force incident.
Our weapons are serviced by Sig Sauer certified Armorers every year.
Remember, a large caliber weapon that one cannot hit the target with is of no value in a crisis.
I own several Sigs, and would not part with any of them.
I've carried a Walther PPK (German) as a back-up for years. They are now produced in the U.S. by Interarms. The .380 round is very light, and even with a hot load it's effectiveness at beyond 10 yards is questionable.
I consider it a dependable weapon if kept properly lubricated.. it can also be concealed in the waistband of shorts, under a Tee-Shirt, which makes it a reasonable choice for summer concealed carry.
If you wind up in the .380 venue, and were looking for a home defense weapon, then I would honestly consider a revolver, in a .357 magnum caliber. You can practice and maintain your skill with light .38 S&W rounds, and load the weapon with one of the many fine magnum rounds for other needs. If you feel like you need more rounds, buy a couple of speed loaders and learn how to use them.
My first choice would be a Colt Python, but they are hard to come by, and mine , like the rest of my firearms, are not for sale... :D
Whatever you wind up with, remember this. Shooting is a perishable skill. If you don't practice regularly with the weapon you purchase you are going to find your skill to be lacking when you need it most.

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 10:56 PM
I want a Mini 14 in a bad way............

HCS
01-14-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm looking for a Nazi arm band.
Anyone?

78Eliminator
01-14-2005, 11:01 PM
I'm looking for a Nazi arm band.
Anyone?
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCS
01-14-2005, 11:04 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I take it you don't have one? :D

STV_Keith
01-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Any orig Colt 20 rounders for the AR? I'm always watching for good condition ones. :)

STV_Keith
01-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Once again, go shoot a bunch of stuff and find what fits YOU best. As they say "Any gun will do, if YOU will do."
Training will be more important than the weapon in hand, as long as it's reliable.

Kilrtoy
01-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Any orig Colt 20 rounders for the AR? I'm always watching for good condition ones. :)
The wife just got in on the band 10 years ago and she got a BUSHMASTER. With standard iron sights I can still whack a 2X2 target at 200 yards. Granted I know there are some guns nuts on here that are way better....

Kindsvater Flat
01-15-2005, 12:05 AM
I forgot all about that. A friend scored a couple of shells. But after talking to a few guys they think this shotgun took a brass shell not paper. Either way with a damascus wrapped barrel I would be afraid to pull the trigger on it.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/gun3.JPG

STV_Keith
01-15-2005, 12:36 PM
The wife just got in on the band 10 years ago and she got a BUSHMASTER. With standard iron sights I can still whack a 2X2 target at 200 yards. Granted I know there are some guns nuts on here that are way better....
SWEET! Yeah, there are a few of us "gun nuts" on here too. :rollside: If you guys ever come to Vegas, we can go out plinking. My AR is a Bushy lower with a custom upper. Lightened/fluted barrel, A3 (flattop), EO Tech optic w/flip up BUIS. Comes in at 6 3/4# w/o mag. I'm also building a SBR (short barreled rifle) right now, but waiting on the ATF tax stamp. :cry:
Also have an AR-10 (.308) lower that I'm planning to build up shortly, as well as an AR-15 pistol. :)

77charger
01-15-2005, 07:27 PM
And i thought you said you only owned a couple of guns??? thats some decent shooting there kilr
I am a gun nut who can fire my ar out to 600yds with ease :shift: but lots of practice and some nice handloads 69 sierra match kings(about the best to use for an ar IMO)that with the iron sights with the scope it shoot under an 1" at 200 fairly easy but i prefer iron sights.
Now if i can handle the recoil with the 300 mag :hammerhea i might get better but with way more power.
keith you lucky bastard :jawdrop: i always wanted the ar 10 also just werent in stock befoire the ban here in ca.

STV_Keith
01-15-2005, 08:04 PM
keith you lucky bastard :jawdrop: i always wanted the ar 10 also just werent in stock befoire the ban here in ca.
Well, I don't have all of it yet...just the lower right now. I've decided what upper and scope I want for it, but that's $2000 down the road. :jawdrop:

sam pioske
01-15-2005, 08:12 PM
What a bunch of gun NAZI's . Hav'nt you heard [ Hillery] does'nt want regular people with that stuff!!!! Bought a Smith Wesson 45 auto 1 week before the Company bowed to Demos Damm Thats the one on the CCW permit One of you guys talked about a ppk Walthers German that s my fav. I am pleased to read 1911 colt comm 45 auto of coarse is liked by alot of you .All but the newer S W were bought before registration. You think i should run down somewhere and register the many others i might have? Shall not be infringed upon DAMMIT

It's all Good
01-15-2005, 10:41 PM
You can save some dollars by odering from out of state and having it shipped to a local FFL dealer, pawn shops are a good option. I have ordered from On Point Firearms and Sporting Arms with great success. You won't pay sales tax and the prices are much less than local dealers. Make sure that the gun you want is on the approved CA firearm list. I prefer Sigs. Check out the P239 if size is a concern, comes in 9mm .40S&W and .357 Sig.
CA DOJ Approved Handguns
http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf
www.onpointfirearms.com
evan@onpointfirearms.com
www.sportingarms.com
Tom@SportingArms.com

Sherpa
01-16-2005, 10:24 AM
Restless,
if you don't mind the drive, try "Trader's" in San Leandro.... on 14th st,
just west of 880..... lot's of guns, something is alwasy on sale....
And a bit further drive to san jo, (Campbell actually) would be Sport'smens
supply on camden ave..........
--Sherpa