PDA

View Full Version : Offer too good to pass up???

BarryMac
01-14-2005, 01:36 PM
My wife and I have been kicking around te Idea of getting her a new car, we are undecided at this point on what it would be, so here is the situation, tell me what you think.
I know a guy that has an '02 Chrysler Sebring Convertible with less than 11k on it, the car is absolutely immaculate with every available option, he has offered it to me for $3,000.00 less than he has it in the Auto Trader for, he wants to unload it (guess the new Mercedes payment is due). Anyone have/had one of these, Anyone have an opinion on them, I want to have the opinions of some people on the car before we even consider buying it, I have never owned a Chrysler product and just don't know enough about them other than what I've read to form a good/bad opinion, any input on this would be very much appreciated...

canuck1
01-14-2005, 01:44 PM
The sister in law has had two over the last 5 years and loves them, and as they don't know how to open a hood, and I haven't had any calls, the reliability must be good

HandsOn
01-14-2005, 01:48 PM
My dad has one. Depends on how much you are going to pay. His rattles all over the place. Sounds like the car is going to fall apart, but he hasn't had any major issues with it. My .02.

MsDrmr
01-14-2005, 01:50 PM
my grandparents have had one for over ten years now and have never had to do any "major" repairs, they swear by the make and have been very happy with it. They have driven back and forth to Iowa in in just about every other year, so that tells you it's reliable right there. I think its a wonderful oppertunity for you/your wife

hboldno7
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
My mom has an 02 sebring Convertable and has had nothing but problems. My Dad has been a Chrysler guy his whole life and is ready to give up on them based on his experiances with the car. They have really really bad customer service and the warranty is worth next to nothing.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2005, 01:54 PM
Absolutely bitchen cars.
It is a convertable not a 4 wheel drive. As long as you take car of it, it will last.
I love them, when I was renting cars, that is the one I always requested.
I almost died rolling one in AZ several years ago.
My dad works at Riverside Chrysler, Chrysler corp has been in our family for years.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2005, 01:55 PM
I has pretty good power too.
Brian
I say DO IT.

BarryMac
01-14-2005, 03:19 PM
Thanks for all of the opinions, I will share the info with my wife tonight, we are probably going to drive it tomorrow, if she likes it and agrees with the info you've written, she may be getting a new ride...

SHOTKALLIN
01-14-2005, 03:27 PM
for me it was a great rental in Hawaii. I abused it good. I took it 4x4 style around the back of Maui where you aren't supposed to go. :D No complaints.