PDA

View Full Version : Lakers!

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
The Lakers are rolling big time ..70 to 44 in the 3rd. Next stop Phoenix. Maybe on to the Clip's?

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:04 PM
So let me ask you this...The Lakers are up by 30 and Kobe is still in. Seems to me it is very selfish as he is going to go for 50 tonight. It's lame isn't it?
I agree 100%. Take him out and let him rest!

life's a river
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
The last week of the NBA season is more meaningless than the NFL Pro Bowl. There were, what, two playoff spots up for grabs, both in the East, the last week? Who cares?
It just means that the Lakers will be playing the #2 team instead of the #1 team. There chances of moving on are a little better with Phoenix and maybe Denver or the Clip's. We'll see. Honestly, I think they will be very lucky If they beat Phoenix.

dmontzsta
04-19-2006, 09:04 PM
Let me clarify. You'll be very lucky to beat Phoenix in ONE GAME. Sorry, the Lakers aren't Phoenix and playoff basketball isn't the regular season.
I will bring this post back up, the Lakers are playing the better ball than anyone has seen, they just have been getting better each game too.

Caribbean Jet
04-19-2006, 10:06 PM
there peaking at the right time.

JetBoatRich
04-20-2006, 04:04 AM
Kobe got HIS scoring title :)

Old Texan
04-20-2006, 04:55 AM
Kobe got HIS scoring title :)
Are they gonna hang an "81" pennant from the rafters? :cool:
(Here's a shiit stirrer) "I hear hear Kobe is taking up Lacross in the offseason...."

a catered life
04-20-2006, 05:59 AM
my 2 cents
my lakers and the clippers have both played well this year but to win a seris you need leadership and experience something both teams lack.........the lakers may have a chance of beating the suns since they are down a key player but that dam phoenix team is strong ............now regarding the clips good luck they cant stop you know who so f the clippers :p

Sandbar Mike
04-20-2006, 06:30 AM
Anybody who is from SoCal and not a Laker Fan has some major personal issues. I've been a fan since the 80's, I remember going with my old man to the forum for playoff games throughout the 80's and now Staples in the 90's and now 00's. How in the hell can you not be a Fan? Oh ya, most of you left with Shaq, I wonder if you’re as lazy as he was, :boxed: Funny Sh*t.
Lakers have the best player in NBA history the MVP of the league. I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching Kobe and his team runs the playoffs.
I am so impressed by the improvement of this team, what an improvement in the last 12 games alone. The best thing that we ever did was drop lazy Shaq and build from there.
I'm glad we're back in the hunt, I'm excited, come on playoffs.
Hey Dilligaf, How's your purple and Gold paint job coming on your boat. :D ;)

dmontzsta
04-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Raiders - Lakers - Angels :rollside:

Sandbar Mike
04-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Coming along just fine. Thanks for asking. You think the Raiders, Lakers and Dodgers logo's are going to all get along and look good on my boat?
:)
Hey Dill,
You and i need to get together this summer at the sandbar and throw down a couple of cold ones. I've been bitchen at you for long enough, :p good luck to the clips

Caribbean Jet
04-20-2006, 07:06 AM
Raiders - Lakers - Angels :rollside:
I agree, Raiders Lakers and Angels.
I'm a fan of all three, I just wish that the Angels and Raiders did more in the off season.

Old Texan
04-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Anybody who is from SoCal and not a Laker Fan has some major personal issues. I've been a fan since the 80's, I remember going with my old man to the forum for playoff games throughout the 80's and now Staples in the 90's and now 00's. How in the hell can you not be a Fan? Oh ya, most of you left with Shaq, I wonder if you’re as lazy as he was, :boxed: Funny Sh*t.
Lakers have the best player in NBA history the MVP of the league. I'm going to sit back and enjoy watching Kobe and his team runs the playoffs.
I am so impressed by the improvement of this team, what an improvement in the last 12 games alone. The best thing that we ever did was drop lazy Shaq and build from there.
I'm glad we're back in the hunt, I'm excited, come on playoffs.
Hey Dilligaf, How's your purple and Gold paint job coming on your boat. :D ;)
Kobe ain't even the best in Laker history much less NBA. Blinded by the glitz..... :rolleyes:

AirtimeLavey
04-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Kobe ain't even the best in Laker history much less NBA. Blinded by the glitz..... :rolleyes:
Hmmm...and the "glitz" would be what? The rings, all the 1st NBA teams, the 81 pt game? He is the most exciting player to watch, period. The guy is unquestionably the most skilled player in the world. Anyone who's ever played the game, knows that hands down.
These same people saying they won't get past Phoenix, aren't they the same ones that said Lakers wouldn't even make the playoffs? It's completely reasonable to think they can and will get past Phoenix, given Phoenix's current line-up. Clips, shouldn't be a problem, then after that who knows. Regardless, Phx v. Lakers and then Clips v. Lakers should be great series.

MayDaze
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
These same people saying they won't get past Phoenix, aren't they the same ones that said Lakers wouldn't even make the playoffs?
What a true statement... The way I see it they have nothing to lose at this point....

Old Texan
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Hmmm...and the "glitz" would be what? The rings, all the 1st NBA teams, the 81 pt game? He is the most exciting player to watch, period. The guy is unquestionably the most skilled player in the world. Anyone who's ever played the game, knows that hands down.
These same people saying they won't get past Phoenix, aren't they the same ones that said Lakers wouldn't even make the playoffs? It's completely reasonable to think they can and will get past Phoenix, given Phoenix's current line-up. Clips, shouldn't be a problem, then after that who knows. Regardless, Phx v. Lakers and then Clips v. Lakers should be great series.
One word my friend: "M I C H A E L"
Just as Prof. Phil :p

GAME TIME
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Got to chime in here. First it is very possible for the Lakers to beat the Suns. IMHO i think they will take Phoenix. They are playing their best ball of the season. I hope the Clipps get past Denver which should happen. I'm hoping for a LA battle and then the Lake show putting the Clipps in their place. On the other side, I hope Dallas ends up in the finals because if the Lakers get there...the Lakers have had Dallas' number this year. Lakers fan here but will be routing for the Clipps to make some noise.

dmontzsta
04-20-2006, 06:47 PM
oh boy, the boards will be raging if the Lakers smack the clippers out of the playoffs, what would they say? I would be sure to rub that in DEEEEEEP! especially after all the great clippers season talk. :)

dmontzsta
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Lakers in 6 (Nash getting hurt and the suns completely thrown off by L.A.)
clippers in 5 (uhhh...its the nuggets, how did they get into the playoffs?)
Lakers in 6 (One of the most high energy playoff rounds since Sac. L.A.)

Jyruiz
04-20-2006, 08:18 PM
You guys are all keyboard jockeys, lol. :D Upsets can happen at any time, specially in the 4 and 5 spots, I have seen them happen thru out the years. Why not just sit back and enjoy the games.
Hey my knee is feeling real good, when is that Clipps Lakers fan game going to happen?

dmontzsta
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
SWB. Dont go by the Lakers first-middle season, go by their more recent end of season play, in which some announcers are calling one of the best Ds in the NBA today. The Lakers held the Suns down recently, of course with no Nash, but still. We can speculate all night, lets see what happens with the rubber hits the road.
And whats up with that game? I have been running 2.6 miles per night, I think these 26 year old legs are ready to run. :)

FOUNTAINATLAST
04-20-2006, 11:27 PM
The Lakers better be at there best while playing the injury deplited Suns. Prediction Suns win in six.... :p

dmontzsta
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
You damn clippers fans, thats it. I am going to predict Denver in 4. :D I think Brand is going to have a heart attack after waking up and seeing Cassells face, he will think he is going to die and it will shock his heart. Cassell will go running for help and Caveman (Kaman) will see him and eat him, thinking he is a rodent, he will then get sick and not make the game. Denver in 4. :)

MayDaze
04-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Wow, now you're calling injuries. Nice.
Suns in 5, nothing gets hurt except your feelings. Playoff basketball, different than regular season basketball.
Here's my list of why the Lakers won't advance.
1. Phoenix scores A LOT of points, A LOT. The Lakers are a below average defensive team. A below average defensive team against a team that AVERAGED almost 110 ppg is a recipe for disaster.
2. The Lakers are a very average free throw shooting team. Playoff games often come down to FTs and the Lakers shoot it at 74.4% compared to the Suns +80%.
3. The Lakers are not a particularly good shooting team, again very average, either from the field or from 3pt. The Suns are 5% better from both spots.
4. The Lakers don't pass the ball particularly well. They average 21 asts a game, which is among the lowest in the league. I'm sure much of that stems from having a guy averaging 35 pts a game handling the ball up the floor 90% of the time.
5. The Lakers are not very deep. The Suns on the other hand, are extremely deep. The Suns have 9 players (not including Stoudamire) that averaged over 8.6 ppg. That was by far tops in the league. Playing 7 games, which they won't, over 13 days will take it's toll and the deepest team with the most athletes will win. That's assuming everything else being equal, which in this case is not even close to true. There's a reason that the Suns won 54 games in the West.
Now its Phoenix in 5? What changed before they were going to sweep the Lakers..

AirtimeLavey
04-21-2006, 12:57 PM
AirtimeLavey must have started watching the NBA in November. ;)
Phoenix in 5. Shawn Marion and Boris Diaw shut down everybody except Kobe.
Nov. '82. :wink: Actually, not much to watch on the Laker front, for the past 2 years, until this past Nov.
As for Phoenix's so called depth and Lakers poor D - I was at Sunday's game and saw first hand "Phx's depth and Laker's lousy D". I got 2 free tacos to show for it. (Laker fans get 2 free tacos whenever they hold an opponent to under 80 pts.). If Phx had depth, then you'd think they would have made some sort of showing on Sun. They were TOTALLY lost and did totally lose. Kinda shoots holes in some of the haters' arguments above.
Lakers in 6. :D

Old Texan
04-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Nov. '82. :wink: Actually, not much to watch on the Laker front, for the past 2 years, until this past Nov.
As for Phoenix's so called depth and Lakers poor D - I was at Sunday's game and saw first hand "Phx's depth and Laker's lousy D". I got 2 free tacos to show for it. (Laker fans get 2 free tacos whenever they hold an opponent to under 80 pts.). If Phx had depth, then you'd think they would have made some sort of showing on Sun. They were TOTALLY lost and did totally lose. Kinda shoots holes in some of the haters' arguments above.
Lakers in 6. :D
Phoenix's regulr season is ove. They are at rest until POs

AirtimeLavey
04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Phoenix's regulr season is ove. They are at rest until POs
Evidently. Btw, it's really hard to read your posts, with that avatar.... :crossx:

460 jus getn it
04-21-2006, 02:57 PM
lakers are done in 4..........................................

MayDaze
04-30-2006, 03:38 PM
I will bring this post back up, the Lakers are playing the better ball than anyone has seen, they just have been getting better each game too.
Did you want to bring it up now or later?

dmontzsta
04-30-2006, 03:40 PM
Did you want to bring it up now or later?
You are the man.

MayDaze
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Let me clarify. You'll be very lucky to beat Phoenix in ONE GAME. Sorry, the Lakers aren't Phoenix and playoff basketball isn't the regular season.
SWB can you define ONE for me :)

PlyaPlya22
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
I worked the entire Laker Nation for bets and won. Of course many were too scared to bet early on. If you didn't bet me before you are out of luck so don't even try it. It is all about playing with the house money now :) That's how you win!
R ur chops ready for that stake n lobster??? double or nothing?? The house is one up on me, but I'm closing fast!!

PlyaPlya22
04-30-2006, 03:59 PM
lakers are done in 4..........................................
That's right 1 more to go!!

dmontzsta
04-30-2006, 04:00 PM
SWB can you define ONE for me :)
haha, yeah, the Lakers are VERY lucky right now to be up 3-1.

dmontzsta
04-30-2006, 06:24 PM
It is sure great to have a team totally re-arranged and back in the playoffs within a year. :D How many other teams have done that? All the haters just need to realize the Lakers DO NOT stay down long.