01-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Anyone with the 27' offshore? How do you like it? :confused:

spectras only
01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
OGShocker will chime in I assume :wink:

INSman
01-24-2005, 10:57 PM
I have a 23', but have ridden in a few 27's, and they are all bitchen. Great write-ups and great handling boat and probably the best "value" in the market today or ever, not to mention the best looking I believe.
My personal experience with Tom the owner has been nothing short of great. You will be happy with that boat, I promise, that is till you get the itch to go bigger, and in that case, Tom has a 30' in the works !!!!!

HOOTER SLED-
01-24-2005, 11:19 PM
Yea hit up OG. Also talk to atomickitn. He rigs for Dana. He'd be more than happy to help answer any questions too. He'll be at the boat show and at the 909/951 get together.

atomickitn
01-25-2005, 06:39 AM
Yea hit up OG. Also talk to atomickitn. He rigs for Dana. He'd be more than happy to help answer any questions too. He'll be at the boat show and at the 909/951 get together.
will you look at that start talkin about me and i show up, will be more than glad to answer any questions you may have, of course im bias, i design color, rig, and do the stereos, and yes we have goten some great write ups, very proud of what tom and i have done with the dana name...bobby :D

Dribble
01-25-2005, 06:52 AM
You looking to upsize ???

dicudmore
01-25-2005, 06:58 AM
heard nothing but good things about them :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2005, 08:02 AM
OGShocker has one and he loves it, from what I've read. I had a chance to meet the owner of Dana, Tom, at a little get together in November at Havasu, real nice guy and seemed like a very upstanding individual. I also got see the 27 running along and it had a real nice set to it from my perspective along side in our boat.

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Well I took delivery of my 27 just after the boat show and have had a great time with it. The ride is fantastic, really stable at the river and in the big blue. I like it because it rides like a hot rod and not a big sled like some of the other boats I've been in. Really a fun boat to drive.
Tom does put some high quality stuff in his boats and it really shows. I didn't have to upgrade anything except the engine and the drive.

THOR
01-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about them. Great boat. But, they have a narrow beam, about 92" I think. Most big boats are either 102" or 96".

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 08:47 AM
I have heard nothing but good things about them. Great boat. But, they have a narrow beam, about 92" I think. Most big boats are either 102" or 96".
That just makes it easier to park in my garage!

THOR
01-25-2005, 08:50 AM
That just makes it easier to park in my garage!
I have seen Chump out on Havi too and his is bitchin. Killer ride. I almost pulled the trigger on one last year, but went a different direction.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2005, 09:01 AM
I almost pulled the trigger on one last year, but went a different direction.
And with a bigger prop! :p

THOR
01-25-2005, 09:02 AM
Focker

beer hunter
01-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Thor's top end prop :D
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/iB_html/uploads/post-2-08301-Thor_s_Prop.jpg

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Focker
ROFLMAO! At least there's no "magenta". :rollside:

THOR
01-25-2005, 09:18 AM
ROFLMAO! At least there's no "magenta". :rollside:
You are beggin' to make the list huh?

Havasu_Dreamin
01-25-2005, 09:27 AM
You are beggin' to make the list huh?
I thought I was already on it?

BADBLOWN572
01-25-2005, 11:11 AM
I can not say anything about Dana boats because I have zero experience with them, but their 27 used to belong to Rayson Craft before someone got a pair of bracelets.
I have had two friends with the 27 and they both loved them. They handle the rough water extremely well and haul ass. Actually, if I was going to build a 27' V bottom, that would be the hull that I go with. With the steep V and how narrow the boat is, it allows it to haul ass and handle the rough water really well. 3' chop on Mojave @ 70mph. Just click the tabs down and wack the gas. Great riding boat and fun to drive. Can say without a doubt that the hull is great and I have heard good things about Dana.

NORDIC_RIG
01-25-2005, 12:03 PM
is that the same 27 hull that the original DANA had before it went to rayson ?
if it is that is a very nice riding hull .

Mr.Havasu
01-25-2005, 12:09 PM
I've ridden in OG's boat a few times and it is a very nice ride (for a V) :) I love the built in Ice chests under the back bench!

BADBLOWN572
01-25-2005, 12:21 PM
is that the same 27 hull that the original DANA had before it went to rayson ?
if it is that is a very nice riding hull .
I believe it is. I was told somewhere that someone other than Dana or Rayson Craft owns the mold and will loan it out to whoever pays royalties on it. I know that is how Rayson Craft got the mold. They paid royalties on every boat they did. That is why no creditors were able to touch the mold when Johnny went into the pokie. He did not own it. I have no idea if Dana owns the mold or not, but I am assuming that the molds are one and the same or a splash of each other.

Dr. Eagle
01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
You looking to upsize ???
Well, I had the 30' Eagle before and had to sell it because of being out of work for over a year, so I sold it and bought the Ultra... just cuz I couldn't live 2 miles from a lake and not have a boat.
But now things have turned and I want something bigger... just not a 30. I was actually thinking of a 26 Eagle, but I think Eliminator just wants too much $$$$$$ for them. I had heard good things about the Dana boats before and just thought I'd check with the tribe... :D

INSman
01-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Well, I had the 30' Eagle before and had to sell it because of being out of work for over a year, so I sold it and bought the Ultra... just cuz I couldn't live 2 miles from a lake and not have a boat.
But now things have turned and I want something bigger... just not a 30. I was actually thinking of a 26 Eagle, but I think Eliminator just wants too much $$$$$$ for them. I had heard good things about the Dana boats before and just thought I'd check with the tribe... :D
It will be the best money you ever spent, you will feel good about the purchase with no "buyers remorse", because you will have a kick-ass boat, that looks great and handles everything you can throw at it. NO better boat in the market at that size at that price with that performance, PERIOD !!
The owner of Dana (Tom) is almost finished with his own personal boat, a 27' of course, that is incredible and you can see it at the upcoming L.A. Show.

OGShocker
01-25-2005, 01:06 PM
OK, here is my .02.
As most of you know we own a 27 Dana. I have driven most and climbed over all of the So Cal builders boats. The Mrs. and I looked for a boat for over eight years before choosing Dana. The combination of fit and finish and the opportunity of dealing with an builder like Tom made our choice an easy one.
Bobby aka Atmoickitn, rigged our boat and what a job he did! A GREAT JOB!
Dr. E, if you want to go for a ride please let me know. We take you out anytime!
Mark

OGShocker
01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
I have no idea if Dana owns the mold or not, but I am assuming that the molds are one and the same or a splash of each other.
Tom does own the Molds. He bought the company lock, stock and barrel...No splashes.

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 01:56 PM
With the steep V and how narrow the boat is, it allows it to haul ass and handle the rough water really well. 3' chop on Mojave @ 70mph. Just click the tabs down and wack the gas.
You can do that without tabs too! I do.

INSman
01-25-2005, 02:16 PM
You can do that without tabs too! I do.
Well said, as I do too in the 23', but I am hitting 73 !!!! :p

BADBLOWN572
01-25-2005, 02:55 PM
I spent some serious time out driving the 27 on Mojave and trust me on a big day you do need the tabs! Never got into anything that the boat couldn't handle, but without using the tabs and trying to run fast the boat would slam the nose down. Remember that Mojave gets rougher than any place I have ever been. Hell, it sinks houseboats. When it gets that rough, trust me, you DO want the tabs! Normal chop, no big deal.
Additionally, I never once said that Tom splashed the molds. Either Tom bought the company and the mold or someone somewhere splashed the boat and had a second set of molds. Rayson Craft built the exact same boat, granted the quality was crap, it came from either the same mold or a splash similar to it. Never accusing Tom of anything just stating the facts.

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
I spent some serious time out driving the 27 on Mojave and trust me on a big day you do need the tabs! Never got into anything that the boat couldn't handle, but without using the tabs and trying to run fast the boat would slam the nose down. Remember that Mojave gets rougher than any place I have ever been. Hell, it sinks houseboats. When it gets that rough, trust me, you DO want the tabs! Normal chop, no big deal.
Well, Mojave is where I ran mine like that at the Almost Dam Run. Besides the big dogs like SYA and Bling Bling, not too many of us probably could hammer the throttle and not worry. The Dana did. Went to a place called the Pacific Ocean and found even rougher water. No problems here.

BADBLOWN572
01-25-2005, 03:22 PM
Well, Mojave is where I ran mine like that at the Almost Dam Run. Besides the big dogs like SYA and Bling Bling, not too many of us probably could hammer the throttle and not worry. The Dana did. Went to a place called the Pacific Ocean and found even rougher water. No problems here.
Well, after seeing the pictures of the Almost Dam Run, it was obvious that the water was not that rough. I we put over 140 hours on my buddy's boat in one season at Mojave. Try Big Basin on a 2 flag or a black ball day guaranteed that it will change your mind. SYA would have a problem I guarantee it. Guys with 36 Fountains have a problem sometimes. Not too bad if you click the tabs down 2 degrees and go for it. Kind of fun.
As for the Ocean, not hard. If you know how to drive in the ocean it is usually not that bad. Go up one side, down the other. I have been out a ton of times and as long as you know how to drive, you will be just fine. On a rough day at Mojave it is a lot different. waves are coming in so fast that if you make a mistake, you are done. Ever taken a wave over the bow of your 27? We did! Ripped the passenger seat right off the stand. Wave hit the passenger in the chest and blew the seat right off of the base. I guarantee that you would want the tabs in that situation. Either that, or you just don't know how to drive or are not really smart. Why beat yourself up if it can be avoided? 2 degrees down and go.

RP1
01-25-2005, 03:23 PM
what motor do you need to run mid 70's in that thing?

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 04:22 PM
Well, after seeing the pictures of the Almost Dam Run, it was obvious that the water was not that rough. I we put over 140 hours on my buddy's boat in one season at Mojave. Try Big Basin on a 2 flag or a black ball day guaranteed that it will change your mind. SYA would have a problem I guarantee it. Guys with 36 Fountains have a problem sometimes. Not too bad if you click the tabs down 2 degrees and go for it. Kind of fun.
As for the Ocean, not hard. If you know how to drive in the ocean it is usually not that bad. Go up one side, down the other. I have been out a ton of times and as long as you know how to drive, you will be just fine. On a rough day at Mojave it is a lot different. waves are coming in so fast that if you make a mistake, you are done. Ever taken a wave over the bow of your 27? We did! Ripped the passenger seat right off the stand. Wave hit the passenger in the chest and blew the seat right off of the base. I guarantee that you would want the tabs in that situation. Either that, or you just don't know how to drive or are not really smart. Why beat yourself up if it can be avoided? 2 degrees down and go.
Well, I guess you're just that much better than me.

ChumpChange
01-25-2005, 04:25 PM
what motor do you need to run mid 70's in that thing?
I have a MPI 502 which was dynoed at 517hp and I run about 72mph, even over 3ft. chop at Mohave, but not chop as big as BadBlow572 has seen.

Dr. Eagle
01-26-2005, 04:58 PM
OK, here is my .02.
As most of you know we own a 27 Dana. I have driven most and climbed over all of the So Cal builders boats. The Mrs. and I looked for a boat for over eight years before choosing Dana. The combination of fit and finish and the opportunity of dealing with an builder like Tom made our choice an easy one.
Bobby aka Atmoickitn, rigged our boat and what a job he did! A GREAT JOB!
Dr. E, if you want to go for a ride please let me know. We take you out anytime!
Mark
Thanks OG... and ......... be careful what you ask for... he he he he :cool:
I have heard lots of good things about the boats, I looked at them last year when I went to the show. I thought they looked great, but did notice the narrower beam, I hear that the ride is great, so it must not have an impact...

THOR
01-26-2005, 05:08 PM
Well, I guess you're just that much better than me.
I just love hearing from guys that can drive my boat better than me in any conditions, yet they dont own my boat. :hammer2:

INSman
01-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Thanks OG... and ......... be careful what you ask for... he he he he :cool:
I have heard lots of good things about the boats, I looked at them last year when I went to the show. I thought they looked great, but did notice the narrower beam, I hear that the ride is great, so it must not have an impact...
Dr. Eagle
Did you put the order in yet for your new 27' Dana Offshore, or are you STILL shopping ??

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 02:03 PM
Dr. Eagle
Did you put the order in yet for your new 27' Dana Offshore, or are you STILL shopping ??
Not shopping, still deciding if I want to make that committment after losing about $55K in depreciation on my Eliminator a few years ago.
I like their boats, and everyone has positive things to say... lots of bang for the buck. But my Ultra is paid for... hard to think about taking out a loan or using home equity for a boat. I just have to get myself comfortable with the whole thing.

djunkie
01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
I looked at the 27 at the show and I thought it was bad ass. I was interested in a more expensive boat until I found this one. It just might be my next boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768boat_show_2005_020.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768boat_show_2005_023.jpg

redi4fun
01-31-2005, 02:26 PM
VERY impressed with DANA. Really nice boats.

INSman
01-31-2005, 03:12 PM
I looked at the 27 at the show and I thought it was bad ass. I was interested in a more expensive boat until I found this one. It just might be my next boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768boat_show_2005_020.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768boat_show_2005_023.jpg
I think it is "THE" perfect 27 footer, that can go big lake all day and then go big blue when the mood hits. OG Shocker would probably be happy to take you for a run if you can track him down. He is at the show in the booth I am pretty sure most of the week.

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 03:16 PM
That's kind of the reason I was thinking of a larger closed bow again. I can go do the poker runs on big water if I want to... I really do miss that.

INSman
01-31-2005, 03:22 PM
That's kind of the reason I was thinking of a larger closed bow again. I can go do the poker runs on big water if I want to... I really do miss that.
I could be wrong, but I believe the narrower beam is what makes thing thing perform so well in the ocean, and obviously on the lakes. :D

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't know, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me... I would think on the rougher water you'd want the widest beam you could for stability... :idea:

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 03:37 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe the narrower beam is what makes thing thing perform so well in the ocean, and obviously on the lakes. :D
And here all this time I thought it was just my driving.

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't know, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me... I would think on the rougher water you'd want the widest beam you could for stability... :idea:
Yes, part of it is the beam, but its the degree of the hull that makes the difference.
It's the difference between a dive and a bellyflop, how much surface area hits at one time.

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 03:44 PM
Yes, part of it is the beam, but its the degree of the hull that makes the difference.
It's the difference between a dive and a bellyflop, how much surface area hits at one time.
Are you referring to the deadrise?

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 03:46 PM
"ummmm, Red"

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 03:47 PM
"ummmm, Red"
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :D

HOOTER SLED-
01-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey djunk, don't forget the locals when you get that new ride. :D
No seriously, if you are interested in the Dana, atomickitn(Bobby) is at our house sometimes. He rigs for Dana. You may have talked to him at the show. Him and OGshocker were both there on Saturday. If you got any ????, you could buy us a beer, I mean we could hook up for a beer when he's around. :D

OGShocker
01-31-2005, 04:47 PM
CC, proving once again.....
A little bit of knowledge can get you in a whole lot of trouble. :eek: :hammerhea :notam: :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 04:58 PM
A little bit of knowledge can get you in a whole lot of trouble. :eek: :hammerhea :notam: :rolleyes:
Yes... that's true, but I got the message.. (I think). How was the show? :confused: :smile:

INSman
01-31-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey, at least I prefaced my comments by admitting in advance that "I could be wrong" !!! :p

OGShocker
01-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes... that's true, but I got the message.. (I think). How was the show? :confused: :smile:
The show has been great. The "play" in the booth has been insane at times. The truck even brings the bass boat guys by the booth. I have been in Dana's booth most of the time filling slots for test drives.
When are you coming down? Let me know and I'll put some tickets in will call for you. :smile:

OGShocker
01-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Hey, at least I prefaced my comments by admitting in advance that "I could be wrong" !!! :p
:D :D :D

INSman
01-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Maybe I should have said "I am probably wrong" !! :rolleyes: :D

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 05:34 PM
I've made a great living at it so far.

RP1
01-31-2005, 05:35 PM
check your PM's ;)

ChumpChange
01-31-2005, 05:38 PM
How many Dana owners are going to be in Havasu for President's Day?
I will.

djunkie
01-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Hey djunk, don't forget the locals when you get that new ride. :D
No seriously, if you are interested in the Dana, atomickitn(Bobby) is at our house sometimes. He rigs for Dana. You may have talked to him at the show. Him and OGshocker were both there on Saturday. If you got any ????, you could buy us a beer, I mean we could hook up for a beer when he's around. :D
No problem on the ride. In that boat there is a lot of room for a nice party. Plus the stabbin cabin, I mean mid cabin is big enough for when the party gets real fun. :D Actually I was looking at the Howard Bullett but for the money I think I would be better off with something like the Dana. I just got a new truck so I think I'm gonna wait a little before I jump into something new, so my little 23 footer will have to do for now. As for the beers anytime. :D

OGShocker
01-31-2005, 07:35 PM
I will.
We are going for the fireworks & R/C boat races :cool:

INSman
01-31-2005, 07:39 PM
I've made a great living at it so far.
If I have a place to stay, I might make the trip :idea: :idea:

INSman
01-31-2005, 07:40 PM
RC boat races, surely you jest !! :argue:

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 07:44 PM
How much of an order backlog did Dana get out of the boat show? What would a delivery timeframe be... any ideas?

INSman
01-31-2005, 07:48 PM
How much of an order backlog did Dana get out of the boat show? What would a delivery timeframe be... any ideas?
They actually just started building "in-house" boats, so fella's like you could buy one right away if need be. Granted, you have to take what is available, but I saw a very nice one that was just finished recently in the showroom that looked "sweet" if still available.
In general, the farther you get away from the show, the longer it will take, unless of course you wait until October :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

OGShocker
01-31-2005, 07:50 PM
Dr.,
The 27 is running out 10 weeks as of tonight. By the end of the show it is anyones guess... but I might be wrong. :notam: :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
01-31-2005, 07:53 PM
The show has been great. The "play" in the booth has been insane at times. The truck even brings the bass boat guys by the booth. I have been in Dana's booth most of the time filling slots for test drives.
When are you coming down? Let me know and I'll put some tickets in will call for you. :smile:
Actually I have tickets to the show, (sent to me by Dana) but there's no way I will be able to make it down. Thanks for the offer!

ChumpChange
02-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Actually I have tickets to the show, (sent to me by Dana) but there's no way I will be able to make it down. Thanks for the offer!
You want to mail them to me then? I'm always looking to go for a third / fourth time.

Eliminator 4 Life
02-01-2005, 08:43 AM
You better stay in the family :cool:

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 08:57 AM
I just love hearing from guys that can drive my boat better than me in any conditions, yet they dont own my boat. :hammer2:
And here all this time I thought it was just my driving.
Normally, I would be 100% with you, but I would bet that I probably have more hours driving the same model of boat that you own. We put on over 450 hours on the two 27 Raysons in a period of years. When I calculated it out, I spent over 65 days each year during that 2 year period up at Lake Mojave. I know the boat, I re-rigged two of them. I am sure that I know more about how your boat is setup and the characteristics than you do.

ChumpChange
02-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Normally, I would be 100% with you, but I would bet that I probably have more hours driving the same model of boat that you own. We put on over 450 hours on the two 27 Raysons in a period of years. When I calculated it out, I spent over 65 days each year during that 2 year period up at Lake Mojave. I know the boat, I re-rigged two of them. I am sure that I know more about how your boat is setup and the characteristics than you do.
You want a cookie?

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:03 AM
You want a cookie?
You want some driving lessons on how to operate YOUR boat?

Eliminator 4 Life
02-01-2005, 09:04 AM
CC and BB you guys are hella funny :D :coffeycup Ill buy breakfast pick the spot

ChumpChange
02-01-2005, 09:19 AM
Don't think I need them from somebody who needs TABS to drive a boat.

OGShocker
02-01-2005, 09:23 AM
ROFLMAO.. Danny, it was nice meeting up with you. Hope to see you soon. :clover:

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:30 AM
ROFLMAO.. Danny, it was nice meeting up with you. Hope to see you soon. :clover:
You too. Definitely have to hook up sometime at the river. :)

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Don't think I need them from somebody who needs TABS to drive a boat.
Thats fine, don't use them. I will be sure to inform SeaTow that you are heading out and which direction you went.
All B.S. aside, when you get into BIG water, they are not always needed, but sure nice to smooth out the ride and keep the nose from slamming down. They are definitely worth the extra money to have them installed.

THOR
02-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Maybe you should open up a driving school. Cats and v-hull lessons no matter the make or model. Careful with the drives though, they tend to let go sometimes.

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Maybe you should open up a driving school. Cats and v-hull lessons no matter the make or model. Careful with the drives though, they tend to let go sometimes.
Yeah, funny thing that performance costs money. Step up and find out.

THOR
02-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah, funny thing that performance costs money. Step up and find out.
Nah, thats okay. I just watch and oogle with the big ballers like you. How is that banshee motor?

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:54 AM
All good. Getting done and built up right now. Water pump impeller went bad. Very rare on Banshees. Getting it back, keeping this one because will have a whole new top end and case, selling the others and getting a new YFZ 450

THOR
02-01-2005, 09:58 AM
All good. Getting done and built up right now. Water pump impeller went bad. Very rare on Banshees. Getting it back, keeping this one because will have a whole new top end and case, selling the others and getting a new YFZ 450
Make sure you get the 'hot start' relay next to the throttle. That is the only way to go.

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Make sure you get the 'hot start' relay next to the throttle. That is the only way to go.
Nice thing about the YFZ's is that they are electric start. The Honda 450's you have to kick and the hot start is the only way to go on those.

THOR
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Nice thing about the YFZ's is that they are electric start. The Honda 450's you have to kick and the hot start is the only way to go on those.
Lazy focker.... ;)

BADBLOWN572
02-01-2005, 10:12 AM
YEP!!! Well, sometimes. ;)

INSman
02-01-2005, 08:30 PM
I will.
AGAIN !!!!! If I had a place to stay, I might make the trip :idea: :idea:

Dr. Eagle
02-01-2005, 09:34 PM
You better stay in the family :cool:
I can't afford to...... :rollside: