PDA

View Full Version : Any U2 Fans Out There?

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Pre-ticket sales will/went on sale today at 10:00 a.m. within the city it is located. I'm totally frustrated because the only link that is not accessible for the presale sale is AZ. :cry: I've called Ticketmaster & the Glendale Arena but everyone is clueless. Being a dedicated U2 fan, I am freaking out and will not be able to rest well until my ticket purchase is complete. :(

Phat Matt
01-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Here's a little inside tip. They may be playing the Coachella festival this year. 4/30-5/1. The official line up will be announced 1/31.
www.coachella.com

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm a big U2 fan. :cool:
When they play Regina, I'll pick up an extra ticket. You can stay at my place. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

HCS
01-25-2005, 09:36 AM
I hate trying to get tickets to the good shows. I always end up with lousy seats cuz all the good ones get snagged up by vultures. :frown:

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Here's a little inside tip. They may be playing the Coachella festival this year. 4/30-5/1. The official line up will be announced 1/31.
www.coachella.com
Do you thnk they can fit it into their schedule? :idea:
Here is their tour line up:
The dates, cities, venues and ticket information on the tour we've all been waiting for!
U2 will begin the first leg of their Vertigo//2005 world tour in San Diego on March, 28th 2005.
Vertigo//2005 will visit 13 cities in North America before arriving in Brussels on June 10th for the first of 24 scheduled European performances, finishing up in Lisbon in the middle of August.
Here's the detail - get ready to book!
NORTH AMERICA DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION
March 28th San Diego, CA - Sports Arena
April 1st Anaheim, CA - Arrowhead Pond
April 5th Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 9th San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion
April 14th Phoenix, AZ - Glendale Arena
April 20th Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
April 24th Seattle, WA - Key Arena
April 28th Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place
4/30-5/1 <---Maybe Here??? :idea:
May 7th & May 9th Chicago, IL - United Center
May 14 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Center
May 17 & May 18 East Rutherford, NJ - Continental Airlines Arena
May 21 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
May 24 & May 26 Boston, MA - Fleet Center
Tickets for performances in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Philadelphia and San Diego will go on sale this Saturday, January 29th.
Tickets for performances in Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Jose go on sale this Sunday, January 30th and tickets for New York and East Rutherford go on sale next Monday, January 31st. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the next few weeks.)
Once again, U2 will offer General Admission floor tickets giving fans the best view in the house for the lowest ticket price. Reserved seat tickets in the stands will also be available. In North America, general admission floor tickets will be $49.50 (plus applicable service fees). Additional ticket prices will vary per market.
EUROPEAN DATES AND TICKETING INFORMATION
June 10th Brussels - King Baudouin Stadium
June 12th Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
June 14th Manchester - City of Manchester Stadium
June 18th London - Twickenham Stadium
June 21st Glasgow - Hampden Park
June 24th Dublin - Croke Park
June 29th Cardiff - Millenium Stadium
2nd July Vienna - Ernst Happel Stadium
5th July Katowice - Slaski Stadium
7th July Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9th July Paris - Stade de France
11th July Zurich – Letzigrund Stadium
13th July Amsterdam – Arena
19th July Milan - San Siro
23rd July Rome - Olympic Stadium
27th July Oslo - Vallehovin Stadium;
29th July Gothenburg - Ullevi Stadium
31st July Copenhagen - Parken
3rd August Munich - Olympic Stadium
5th August Nice - Parc des Sports Charles Ehrmann
7th August Barcelona – Camp Nou
9th August San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11th August Madrid - Estadio Vicente Calderon
14th August Lisbon - Alvalade
Tickets for the UK shows go on sale at 9am Friday, January 28th; tickets for
Brussels go on sale Saturday, January 29th and tickets for Dublin go on sale on Friday 4th February. (All additional on sale dates will be announced in the coming weeks.)

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I'm a big U2 fan. :cool:
When they play Regina, I'll pick up an extra ticket. You can stay at my place. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif
That would be AWESOME!!! :D

HavaTan
01-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Are you kidding...BEST BAND EVER!!!
I am a U2.com member, and will buy tickets in 5 min. The only part that sucks is that I can't buy more than 2.
Been to at least 1 show since The Unforgettable Fire, got the U2 iPod for x-mas and downloaded the entire library that day.
CAN'T WAIT!!!

Burnout
01-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I still enjoy U2, but Bono still thiks he is gods gift to women. Sure, he can land more tail than any of us on a given year in his one day, but he looks like such a tool promoting that image. I cant wait to see him killing himself when he reaches 50!

1978 Rogers
01-25-2005, 11:05 AM
No sites in the NW. That sucks. They have to add Seattle or Vancover BC.

ROZ
01-25-2005, 11:08 AM
HAven't bought a U2 album since War... Guess that's when their music started to mature into the mainstream....

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 11:15 AM
I hate trying to get tickets to the good shows. I always end up with lousy seats cuz all the good ones get snagged up by vultures. :frown:
Typically, some of the very best tickets you can buy for a U2 concert are the General Admission tickets and they sell for $49.50. These are the best seats in the house....although you typically don't get a seat....but you get to stand right by the stage!!! :eek: Bono uaully grabs someone out of the audience and pulls them up on stage and sings to them.....I'm hoping it's ME this year!!! :D

Tom Brown
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
HAven't bought a U2 album since War.
Why can't we be friends?

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 11:19 AM
No sites in the NW. That sucks. They have to add Seattle or Vancover BC.
These are the 3 areas that you cannot buy tickets for ....yet, but are on the tour schedule.
4/14/2005 TBD Glendale Arena Phoenix, AZ Coming Soon
4/24/2005 TBD Key Arena Seattle, WA Coming Soon
4/28/2005 TBD General Motors Place Vancouver, BC Coming Soon
This is why I'm so frustrated! I have no idea when the tickets will go on sale for these locations...but I am constantly refreshing my browser in hopes that the link will mysteriously appear! :notam:

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
I don't remember what store it was but back in the day you could buy tickets at places like Sears and Robinsons-May. No lines, easy to deal with and always got good seats.
Haven't been to a concert in a few years so I don't know if its even an option anymore.
Forensic
The internet is the only & best way to buy tickets now a days. Standing in line at a TicketMaster location is a joke! Trust me, I've learned the hard way........as usual! :p

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Are you kidding...BEST BAND EVER!!!
I am a U2.com member, and will buy tickets in 5 min. The only part that sucks is that I can't buy more than 2.
Been to at least 1 show since The Unforgettable Fire, got the U2 iPod for x-mas and downloaded the entire library that day.
CAN'T WAIT!!!
WAY TOO COOL!!! Sounds like you've got it as bad as I do!!! LOL!!! :D
I will attend a U2 concert anytime they have a tour....even if I have to beg, borrow and steal to get the tickets!!!
I am also a U2.com member and bummed we only get 2 tickets....but at least we get them 4 days sooner than the general public!!! :D
So what venue will you be attending? AZ? Maybe we could drive out together!!! :idea:

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 11:35 AM
I still enjoy U2, but Bono still thiks he is gods gift to women. Sure, he can land more tail than any of us on a given year in his one day, but he looks like such a tool promoting that image. I cant wait to see him killing himself when he reaches 50!
Sounds like your a bit "bitter" today. :idea:
OH....And yes....Bono is gods gift to women....or at least this one! He is wonderful, kind, caring man with a huge heart.
I can't imagine anyone thinking it cool to watch any other human being, "Kill Themselves" doing what they love. :lightsabe

FMluvswater
01-25-2005, 12:15 PM
These are the 3 areas that you cannot buy tickets for ....yet, but are on the tour schedule.
4/14/2005 TBD Glendale Arena Phoenix, AZ Coming Soon
4/24/2005 TBD Key Arena Seattle, WA Coming Soon
4/28/2005 TBD General Motors Place Vancouver, BC Coming Soon
This is why I'm so frustrated! I have no idea when the tickets will go on sale for these locations...but I am constantly refreshing my browser in hopes that the link will mysteriously appear! :notam:
Vancouver? :idea: THAT got my attention. :cool: I haven't been to any concerts in over 10 years. A U2 concert would be a very good reason to end that sentence. :D

RiverKitty
01-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Vancouver? :idea: THAT got my attention. :cool: I haven't been to any concerts in over 10 years. A U2 concert would be a very good reason to end that sentence. :D
Dam straight girlfriend!!! :D