PDA

View Full Version : Boat Service??

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 04:32 PM
For the peeps that take their boat in for service. What do you pay for a annual beginning of the season fluid and impeller change?

Rocky
01-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Way to much. Drive pulled motor lubed Impeller changed $600 :frown:

LITTLE D
01-26-2005, 04:51 PM
We all know your cheap, why not do it yourself.

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 04:54 PM
We all know your cheap, why not do it yourself.
LMAO :D

LITTLE D
01-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Its never the service that kills you, its all the stuff they talk you into doing (of course it will make it run better and faster).

Mandelon
01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Billy, just make sure you find a shop with a wiiiiiiiiiide driveway... :D :D :D

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Billy, just make sure you find a shop with a wiiiiiiiiiide driveway... :D :D :D
Just a complete dick you are. Have I ever told you that?? :boxingguy :hammerhea :D

revpuffdaddy
01-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Alco Marine in Havasu City. Real good people and seem to be very meticulous. Just under $400 for: Pulling the drive unit and checking alignment, changing oil and drive fluid, checking all other fluids, greased ginmbal bearing while the drive was off, check pressure in trailer tires and grease buddy bearings.
Authorized Mercury work center.
The best part is...they work off appointments! You don't have to leave your boat there for weeks!
I took my Conquest Top Cat II there last year for the 20 hour check and will have it back in the next month or so for this years maintenance.

Mandelon
01-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Who, me? :eek:
Curbinator!!! :crossx:

mmered8299
01-26-2005, 06:11 PM
I buy a new boat when its time to change the oil.

ROZ
01-26-2005, 06:20 PM
For the peeps that take their boat in for service. What do you pay for a annual beginning of the season fluid and impeller change?
I hear there's 2 steps to doing it yourself..
Step 1. Have 2 beers
Step 2. go back to step one
;) :D

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I hear there's 2 steps to doing it yourself..
Step 1. Have 2 beers
Step 2. go back to step one
;) :D
I've got those two steps down to a science. The problem is I can't seem to get to the third step. The first two are so fun.

riverroyal
01-26-2005, 08:04 PM
you mean I gotta service it?,,,crap Im outta money

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 08:10 PM
you mean I gotta service it?,,,crap Im outta money
You don't have to service it now. Just sit in the drivers seat & make them vroommmmm sounds.
Are you getting ready for the season?

Coleitis22
01-26-2005, 08:14 PM
You can change the impeller yourself. Takes about an hour. Longer if you've had a few beers and your wife is screaming at you to shovel doggie dooky mow the lawn. Better yet, just get shitfaced and pay a mechanic. :boxingguy

riverroyal
01-26-2005, 08:21 PM
im gettin ready to get ready,,,boat only has 15hrs on it so Im safe on service stuff for a couple of trips.I only need to tow the trailer out first week in april,hook it up,put the golf cart in the back,throw a cover over it and im done.Its almost tax time,wife has me on a cash diet just incase,,,,,although we are goin to the boat show saturday,,,,gotta be something I need there

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 08:27 PM
im gettin ready to get ready,,,boat only has 15hrs on it so Im safe on service stuff for a couple of trips.I only need to tow the trailer out first week in april,hook it up,put the golf cart in the back,throw a cover over it and im done.Its almost tax time,wife has me on a cash diet just incase,,,,,although we are goin to the boat show saturday,,,,gotta be something I need there
Sounds good. There is always something you can find that you could not live without.
Wish I was going. I went last year. Good time for sure.
See you out there this Summer.

upsman105
01-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Alco Marine in Havasu City. Real good people and seem to be very meticulous. Just under $400 for: Pulling the drive unit and checking alignment, changing oil and drive fluid, checking all other fluids, greased ginmbal bearing while the drive was off, check pressure in trailer tires and grease buddy bearings.
Authorized Mercury work center.
The best part is...they work off appointments! You don't have to leave your boat there for weeks!
I took my Conquest Top Cat II there last year for the 20 hour check and will have it back in the next month or so for this years maintenance.
you took it there last year, and your not going to get it back for a month or so, i don't think that is very fast. :D :D

OutCole'd
01-26-2005, 08:33 PM
You can change the impeller yourself. Takes about an hour. Longer if you've had a few beers and your wife is screaming at you to shovel doggie dooky mow the lawn. Better yet, just get shitfaced and pay a mechanic. :boxingguy
The impeller I am definately going to do myself. Looks real easy on this boat. The drive alignment I don't want to mess with.

OGShocker
01-26-2005, 08:39 PM
I use B&D Marine. Click on the link in my Sig... :cool:

Debbolas
01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
We use Prime Marine in Rancho Cucamonga :D
They have some beautiful boats in there, that one wood one.........sigh ;)
Mike at Prime Marine, he is on the boards, usually in the tech sections :wink:

a catered life
01-26-2005, 09:15 PM
I use B&D Marine. Click on the link in my Sig... :cool:
where are they located

OGShocker
01-26-2005, 09:19 PM
where are they located
B&D Marine
High Performance Parts and Service
10699 Hickson Street, #19
El Monte, CA 91731
Phone: (626) 443-3721 Fax: (626) 443-1441
Tell Brian "Focker" sent you. He gives pet names to all his customers. :notam:

a catered life
01-26-2005, 09:22 PM
cool thanks og i thought that was the shop one of my friends use to go to when i lived down there. i have heard good things about them and i respect any shop that puts the prices on there web page :cool:

OGShocker
01-27-2005, 06:50 AM
cool thanks og i thought that was the shop one of my friends use to go to when i lived down there. i have heard good things about them and i respect any shop that puts the prices on there web page :cool:
Everything Brian and his people do is first rate. I have run into others that just don't seem to take the QUALITY of what they do seriously enough for me. I would mention names but he cries everytime I do. :squiggle:

voodoomedman
01-27-2005, 07:42 AM
I use Absolute Speed and Marine in LHC and your annual service runs about 350 for excellent honest work.

Stealth Marine
01-27-2005, 08:22 AM
This is what we are charging our customers...
Pre-Season Tune-up, Only $159.99
Change your Engine Oil,
Change Outdrive Oil,
Check and fill Hydraulic Fluid,
Check and replace Water-Fuel Seperator,
Change Fuel & Oil Filter,
Check Battery, and
check for any engine codes
Add a full service to your water pump and impellor for an additional $199.00 + parts.`
For anyone on ***boat I will toss in an Outdrive Alignment for free with the above service.

CornWater
01-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Absolute Speed & Marine