PDA

View Full Version : Dead Man Walking......

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Man declared dead found breathing in morgue
N.C. emergency medical team suspended after screw-upThe Associated Press
Updated: 9:11 a.m. ET Jan. 27, 2005RALEIGH, N.C. - A medical examiner studying a body in a morgue was startled when the man took a shallow breath.
Emergency medical technicians had declared 29-year-old Larry D. Green dead almost two hours earlier, after he was hit by a car.
Medical examiner J.B. Perdue was called to the accident scene Monday but did not examine Green then. Later, he was documenting GreenÂ’s injuries when he noticed the man was breathing.
“I had to look twice myself just to make sure it was there, that’s how subtle it was,” Perdue said.
Green, 29, was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was in critical condition Wednesday.
Several members of the Franklin County emergency medical service have been suspended pending an investigation, said Darnell Batton, the county attorney.
:sqeyes:

HCS
01-27-2005, 10:41 AM
I herd of that happening to other people before. STRANGE.

OutCole'd
01-27-2005, 10:42 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Could you imagine if they started an autopsy??

barbigrl
01-27-2005, 10:47 AM
We were talking about this at work this morning!!! Very Starnge!!! I read a book where this happned...they started cutting the guys chest open when bright red blood began squirting out!!! Ok maybe that was too graphic for the faint at heart! :supp:

switchin'addiction
01-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Here come the attorneys..........

barbigrl
01-27-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh they are going to get their asses sued!! That is why they are working really hard to try and fix it before it becomes a lawsuit! Which is inevitable!

BarryMac
01-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Man, that would freak me out, looking over a Dead Guy then all of the sudden he starts breathing, talk about pooping twinkies...

Tom Brown
01-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Would you prefer to have medical care where they don't even bother checking to see if you're alive?
Frivolous suits are one thing but this is something very different.

Sleek-Jet
01-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Man, that would freak me out, looking over a Dead Guy then all of the sudden he starts breathing, talk about pooping twinkies...
What if he reached up a grabbed you.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

ratso
01-27-2005, 11:13 AM
What if he reached up a grabbed you.... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
...or if it was some necrophiliac, and about the time he really got going the "dead guy" clenched down on it... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

switchin'addiction
01-27-2005, 11:15 AM
Frivolous suits are one thing but this is something very different.
That's what I was getting at.

Tom Brown
01-27-2005, 11:16 AM
That's what I was getting at.
I'm always the last to know what's going on around here.

switchin'addiction
01-27-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm always the last to know what's going on around here.
Nah...you know more about what's going on around here than ***boat. :D

Ziggy
01-27-2005, 11:17 AM
All this talk the other day about Costco's caskets and now this....watch out, these strange things come in 3's :messedup:

BarryMac
01-27-2005, 11:19 AM
they'd be doing an autopsy on me... :supp: :supp:

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-27-2005, 11:57 AM
OMG !!! I'd be pooping purple twinkies !!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_6.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm79987US')

Her454
01-27-2005, 12:17 PM
they'd be doing an autopsy on me... :supp: :supp:
ROTFLMAO....................Thanks I needed that today :D

jackpunx
01-27-2005, 12:20 PM
did the guy end up living?

NorCal Gameshow
01-27-2005, 12:22 PM
this happens too often...
we just don't hear about it.... :(
no more autopsy's..... and bring back the bell
http://www.bpmlegal.com/gif/coffin.gif

HEDJUG
01-27-2005, 01:03 PM
A little Cliff Claven history.
In 1400-1500 England, they would dig up old dead bodies to make room for newer dead bodies. After finding many of the old coffins scratched up from the inside, it was determined that people were somehow being buried alive. So, they began leaving the bodies sit out for some time to see if they would awaken. Thus, we now have the modern "Wake" before burial.
Yes, I am a nerd.

Her454
01-27-2005, 01:07 PM
That is disgusting........................................ :yuk: :yuk: I saw a movie when I was a kid and I think it was actually called "Buried Alive"...this freak takes this girl and buries her...and I've been freaked about it ever since.....terrifies me................... :sqeyes:

Sleek-Jet
01-27-2005, 01:15 PM
...or if it was some necrophiliac, and about the time he really got going the "dead guy" clenched down on it... :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
That would kill a nice "stiffy" for sure... :angry2:

BarryMac
01-27-2005, 01:19 PM
ROTFLMAO....................Thanks I needed that today :D
Glad I could make someone laugh today...

barbigrl
01-27-2005, 01:29 PM
did the guy end up living?
He is on life support.

ratso
01-27-2005, 02:56 PM
That is disgusting........................................ :yuk: :yuk: I saw a movie when I was a kid and I think it was actually called "Buried Alive"...this freak takes this girl and buries her...and I've been freaked about it ever since.....terrifies me................... :sqeyes:
...but she tried to kill him first and buried him alive. Did you see the second one where the couple was sent to the bottom of the ocean in their yacht... alive? Anyway... couple of cool flicks.
If you like that kind of stuff where married couples are trying to off each other, watch "Shattered", bad ass cliff hanger right there.

Her454
01-27-2005, 02:57 PM
...but she tried to kill him first and buried him alive. Did you see the second one where the couple was sent to the bottom of the ocean in their yacht... alive? Anyway... couple of cool flicks.
If you like that kind of stuff where married couples are trying to off each other, watch "Shattered", bad ass cliff hanger right there.
I've seen shattered....good movie. I like War of the Roses myself....funny as hell, until I got a divorce. ;)

ratso
01-27-2005, 03:01 PM
I've seen shattered....good movie. I like War of the Roses myself....funny as hell, until I got a divorce. ;)
Don't watch "Unfaithful" if you're going through a divorce... at least not if you're a guy.

lucky
01-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Don't watch "Unfaithful" if you're going through a divorce... at least not if you're a guy.
or listen to country music ... lmao :D

ratso
01-27-2005, 03:22 PM
or listen to country music ... lmao :D
The only reason I listen to Country music is so I know there are people out there just as fawked up as I am... don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

lucky
01-27-2005, 03:29 PM
lol