PDA

View Full Version : Boat Graphics / T.A.O.D.

INSman
01-27-2005, 06:54 PM
For those of you that may be purchasing boats at the upcoming show and want to deal with some great people for graphic ideas/designs, I have to say that my experience with everyone at "The Art Of Design" in Indiana has been nothing short of wonderful. Keep in mind, this is the same guy that lays down all those $40k custom paint jobs like the latest Powerboat cover with that badass Nordic !!
I went to them for "Design" work only, and the service and work product has been spectacular. Dean ( The Master) and his wife Marie are cool as heck. In the end, I wound up with about 7 total designs to choose from and just dropped off my choice to my builder today.
The funny thing I have learned in this process, is how different each builder operates in this area. Some already have some of the most talented people and gel guys on staff with all the wild ideas all ready to go and waiting, others just operate differently. I think KACHINA is a prime example of one of those companies that is well ahead of the curve. Others may build a somewhat better or faster boat, but don't have the graphic ideas flyin' around and might want to charge more for something out of the ordinary.
Now, let's just hope my builder will do it for me !!!! ;)
www.the-artofdesign.com

mbrown2
01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
So approximately how much do they charge for just the designs...?

NashvilleBound
01-27-2005, 07:18 PM
Ya, how much for just a design for a little 28 footer?

INSman
01-27-2005, 07:21 PM
They charged me $700 for the designs, which I thought was pretty reasonable considering his talent level and experience. This is on the low side and the avg. is probaly $800 I would guess. He can also provide CAD templates and stencils for the graphics for another $800 if needed.
Not cheap, not expensive, all in all I think very fair.

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 01:01 PM
They charged me $700 for the designs, which I thought was pretty reasonable considering his talent level and experience. This is on the low side and the avg. is probaly $800 I would guess. He can also provide CAD templates and stencils for the graphics for another $800 if needed.
Not cheap, not expensive, all in all I think very fair.
That is pretty reasonable given the level of work he does..thanks

carbonmarine
01-28-2005, 01:09 PM
Those guys are indeed , but MITCHER T is also worth a peaky boo ....
www.mitchertcustompainting.com
:p :p :p