PDA

View Full Version : Kids in havasu

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-27-2005, 09:06 PM
I have a 3 and 5 year old. They go with us to Mohave and Parker but not Havasu. I want to take them there but we feel that we have to have a beach which we have not been able to get easily at Havasu. We get spoiled at parker at our Waldo's place and Mohave has plenty of beach.
For those of you with little kids, what do you do?

Perfect Mixer
01-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Pretty much the same for the past 15 years now. Now the girls are getting older (oldest turned 18 yesterday) and I think that we'll spend a little more time on Havasu this year with the new boat. Mohave has been fun, but now it's time for the older kids to play!

hava life
01-27-2005, 09:11 PM
It sounds like you answered your own question. Do what you like to do with the family.

Kilrtoy
01-27-2005, 09:12 PM
SANDBAR
and
the channel

H20Advantage
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
My kids are 10 and 14 now but we have taken them to Havasu for years. If we can't find a beach we will anchor in a cove and blow up the rafts and trampoline for a floating island. Everyone has a great time.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/803P1010008.JPG
Instant island!!!!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Pretty much the same for the past 15 years now. Now the girls are getting older (oldest turned 18 yesterday) and I think that we'll spend a little more time on Havasu this year with the new boat. Mohave has been fun, but now it's time for the older kids to play!
i am trying to find out if i am missing something. I thought maybe there was a place i didn't know about or hopefully some ideas that makes it easy on us ol' folks to have the young uns out there. I love havasu and would like to go more often but momma aint too hot on the idea!!

WYRD
01-27-2005, 09:18 PM
SANDBAR
and
the channel
Gotta bring em up right :crossx:

4-B
01-27-2005, 09:24 PM
SANDBAR
and
the channel
My kids wern't harmed by Havasu... I think :messedup: . We just treated it like home-schooling while out there. :jawdrop: :D

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 09:25 PM
I take my kids to the channel, but maybe not so much during Saturday afternoon when folks get a little juiced up. The sandbar is huge and you can pick a mellow spot. Its not like there is a huge orgy all the time. Hell sometimes when you go looking for some action you can't even find it.
We do tend to avoid the big weekends though. I don't mind it... :D
A couple years ago some babe with big hoots flashed us and it kind freaked my wife out. Honestly my son didn't even notice, and my daughter thought it was funny.
Bare breasts and small bikinis are the norm in europe. And the kids there don't seem to grow up too retarded. :hammerhea :D
Also there are a bunch of other places, small beaches along Topock gorge, Moabi, and plenty of coves.

25Elmn8r
01-27-2005, 09:27 PM
We take our kids with us everytime we go to havasu. They are 6 and 10 now and we have taken them with us since as young as 2 months old.
We usually try and hit the channel early, then head up to sandbar(North End, or more family friendly section) for a little while, and then when it gets busy there we head further up river and find a beach to hang out on.
Or if we don't feel like heading up river, we head down to the south end of the lake and hangout. Blow up the rafts and hang out in a cove.
It is possible to bring kids to Havasu and not expose them to the Adult fun.

Kilrtoy
01-27-2005, 09:31 PM
i am trying to find out if i am missing something. I thought maybe there was a place i didn't know about or hopefully some ideas that makes it easy on us ol' folks to have the young uns out there. I love havasu and would like to go more often but momma aint too hot on the idea!!
WHY??????????????????
my kids have been going since they were born and now they are 7 and 8
they see boobs and thongs and dont even think about it or look at it. its all in your own mind and up bringing. nude woman are not the enemy.....
if a orgy party were to start up, we are smart enough to just move down a little, no big deal.....

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 09:33 PM
if a orgy party were to start up, we are smart enough to just move down a little, no big deal.....
To get closer........ :boxed:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-27-2005, 09:36 PM
WHY??????????????????
they see boobs and thongs and dont even think about it or look at it. its all in your own mind and up bringing. nude woman are not the enemy.....
it's not the "element" i'm talking about. It's having the kids stuck in the boat and floating vs. having a beach with a bunch of toys and being able to run around.

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 09:37 PM
There's plenty of places.

Perfect Mixer
01-27-2005, 09:39 PM
My kids wern't harmed by Havasu... I think :messedup: . We just treated it like home-schooling while out there. :jawdrop: :D
LMAO!!!! Another great education!

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-27-2005, 09:41 PM
we go to the channel, sandbar and Moabi.. if it gets wild anywhere while with them we just go somewhere else.. :wink:

4-B
01-27-2005, 09:41 PM
I'd tell you where they are but everyone would know then. :cool:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Also there are a bunch of other places, small beaches along Topock gorge, Moabi, and plenty of coves.[/QUOTE]
I haven't spent much time past the sandbar so i don't know whats available. I will give it a shot this summer. It would be a bummer to get the kids out there and have them be miserable!!!

Mandelon
01-27-2005, 09:48 PM
we go to the channel, sandbar and Moabi.. if it gets wild anywhere while with them we just go somewhere else.. :wink:
You mean so the other people won't complain about your wild and wicked behaviour?? :D :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Also there are a bunch of other places, small beaches along Topock gorge, Moabi, and plenty of coves.
I haven't spent much time past the sandbar so i don't know whats available. I will give it a shot this summer. It would be a bummer to get the kids out there and have them be miserable!!![/QUOTE]
they will have alot of fun.. you may be able to even park at the end of the channel by the park they have.. if it's not to hot to play in the sand at the time of year you are going. :shift:

MRS FLYIN VEE
01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
You mean so the other people won't complain about your wild and wicked behaviour?? :D :D
butt of course.. what else would I mean.. LOL!! :p :)

Mandelon
I haven't spent much time past the sandbar so i don't know whats available. I will give it a shot this summer. It would be a bummer to get the kids out there and have them be miserable!!![/QUOTE]
Keep running up past the sandbar and you will find dozens of little beaches. I usually anchor offshore a few feet cuz the wakes can be rough if you are beached. Some you can have all to yourselves. The sand is clean and fine. If the water is way up.....there might be slim pickings though.

RiverPirate
Our kids have been going to Havasu since they were 3 and 6 weeks old respectively. They are now 8 and 10 years and they have been schooled as to the ways of Havasu. We avoid the channel on Sat afternoons or stay near the bridge and that always works out well. I have been to Mohave many a times and I think the beaches at Havasu are just as nice in some places and just as rocky in others. If you want trouble or should I say entertainment you can find it. Just the same, you can go out and get a beach and not seee anyone all day, the lake is big enough for everybody and their individual tastes. It's pretty funny now, if my 8 year old son see's a generous young lady flash her boobs he says, "Ouuuu Dad, shes going to jail!" Pretty funny sh-t from an 8 year old. There is no place like Havasu, come on down and find out what you have been missing.

Buster
01-27-2005, 09:56 PM
There are a ton of good beachs south of Copper Cyn. Our fav is 3 dunes which is down by Havasu Springs on the AZ side. Big coves and really nice beaches. Couple of good beaches north of the sandbar but we just go to Park Moabi. Nice long channel and a great strech of beach.
Me and my bro always take our kids.
Enjoy...

Havasu_Dreamin
01-27-2005, 10:09 PM
Plenty of beaches South of Steamboat, majority of them on the AZ side. Steamboat is also a good place to go but you need to get there early to secure one of the beach areas.

Backfire
01-27-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm surprised that nobody mentioned Rotary park. It is on the left as you leave the channel going south. It's a bit shallow in places, but boats are allowed to use most of it. It is a very nice park with nice beach and is more family/locals oriented than the channel itself and only a short walk away. Non-locals pay a fee to drive in and no trailers are allowed. Access is down Smoketree by Arby's

ridebig
01-28-2005, 07:38 AM
I have a 34' Sleek, how far north of sandbar can I safely go? Also is it deep enought at southern end? We have been to Havasu a few times, but have not explored much. ;) ;)
Thank for info, Tim

25Elmn8r
01-28-2005, 08:19 AM
I have a 34' Sleek, how far north of sandbar can I safely go? Also is it deep enought at southern end? We have been to Havasu a few times, but have not explored much. ;) ;)
Thank for info, Tim
You can safely go all the way to the needles Bridge. the only shallow part is the north end of the lake at the mouth of the river. Just take it easy there and you are good to go.

VEGASBABY
01-28-2005, 09:00 AM
WHY??????????????????
if a orgy party were to start up, we are smart enough to just move down a little, no big deal..... That true, you can pretty much tell when things are gettin outta hand and theres always some place to move to when it does. My kids are 13 and 16 so its not quite as bad, but when they were younger like yours we would always park the boat at mouth of the channel by the little RCC(Rotory Park) track south east side and let the kids play there!!

ridebig
01-28-2005, 10:38 AM
You can safely go all the way to the needles Bridge. the only shallow part is the north end of the lake at the mouth of the river. Just take it easy there and you are good to go.
Thanks 25Elmn8r, I have a 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter so like to move around alot! I do enjoy sandbar and channel too!! Hope to see all soon. Tim

OC-PARTYCAT
01-28-2005, 10:45 AM
WHY??????????????????
Im not one to pass judgment on anyone and I expect the same. I have kids and I choose to stay away from all the partying when they are with me. Its been my experience that when girls are naked at Havasu...there is also some shit going on that kids shouldnt see. Im not talking about pasties and such.

ridebig
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Im not one to pass judgment on anyone and I expect the same. I have kids and I choose to stay away from all the partying when they are with me. Its been my experience that when girls are naked at Havasu...there is also some shit going on that kids shouldnt see. Im not talking about pasties and such.
I agree, maybe I protect my kids to much, but they grow up to fast as it is.

Bre
01-28-2005, 11:11 AM
We have a 19 month old and a 2 1/2 year old , both girls.... they have been going since they were 5 weeks old. Our routine is the same everytime we go out there if we have the kids. I hate the channel once it is mid summer... so I make Andy avoid it.... poor him.... we leave Crazyhorse around 10-11am head to the sandbar... and hang out for a while... if there is enough sand showing we can end up hanging out there all day. If not we head up to the gorge and find a sandy spot..or go onto Mohave. Nudity is find around my kids from others.. but anything sexual is not...we will move on.

locogringo
01-28-2005, 11:30 AM
with the way Havasu has been getting with amateurs and excessive "debauchery" (not that I necessarily condone that), we usually head on up to Moabi and kick it there. Sometimes when we hook up with a group of friends, we take over a private beach for the day also. All in all, when we have our daughter with us who is 5, we tend to stay away from all the "single-minded" individuals if you know what I mean. :cool:
We have only been to Mohave once and really haven't experienced it, but I can vouch for Moabi and many parts of Havasu. Depends on what you are looking for I guess.
I do look forward to that one or two times a year guy trip though also just to keep myself refreshed. :p :skull:

LAVEYSABRE575
01-28-2005, 12:15 PM
my dghtr. been going to havasu since she was 1 month old shes 6 yrs old. We usually find a cove up towards the springs much more family oriented area then for lunch well make a dash down to the city and hang there for a while, if we happen to park by any of the GOOD girls or any rude mouths or music we leave.....derek

Waldo
01-28-2005, 02:24 PM
I have a 3 and 5 year old. They go with us to Mohave and Parker but not Havasu. I want to take them there but we feel that we have to have a beach which we have not been able to get easily at Havasu. We get spoiled at parker at our Waldo's place and Mohave has plenty of beach.
For those of you with little kids, what do you do?
Fine, go ahead and head north sucka!! :boxingguy
All kidding aside...Going north of the sandbar is a nice ride. Just before the gorge there are a couple beaches available if the water isn't too high. Also, up by Needles and Moabi, there are plenty of beaches to play.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-28-2005, 02:42 PM
Fine, go ahead and head north sucka!! :boxingguy
All kidding aside...Going north of the sandbar is a nice ride. Just before the gorge there are a couple beaches available if the water isn't too high. Also, up by Needles and Moabi, there are plenty of beaches to play.
any chance of pulling you away from the strip???? at least for an afternoon? The kids would dig it!

shueman
01-28-2005, 04:14 PM
We like Steamboat.........get there early..............!!!

LUVNLIFE
01-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Going to Havasu didn't harm me. Now that I'm grown all I like is fast boats, cold beer and naked women. No itdidn't effect me :D

Waldo
01-28-2005, 10:37 PM
any chance of pulling you away from the strip???? at least for an afternoon? The kids would dig it!
Hell ya!
Would make for a great day. Launch up on the lake, take a ride north for a couple hours, lunch, beach fun, naps, head back to the riv, dinner, put the kids to ZZZZ, drink beers, midnight horseshoe tourney, golf cart hot laps, etc.
What's the date???

Jrocket
01-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Waldo,Im shopping for a place down there again.Keep you eyes open,Ive got the call into Shirley already...

Waldo
01-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Waldo,Im shopping for a place down there again.Keep you eyes open,Ive got the call into Shirley already...
We were there two weeks ago and noticed a BIG one for sale on the new side by the storage units. Shirley told me 190K :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
We'll be back in a couple weeks...I'll keep an eye out for ya!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-29-2005, 07:23 AM
Hell ya!
Would make for a great day. Launch up on the lake, take a ride north for a couple hours, lunch, beach fun, naps, head back to the riv, dinner, put the kids to ZZZZ, drink beers, midnight horseshoe tourney, golf cart hot laps, etc.
What's the date???
that is damn good day right there!!!