PDA

View Full Version : First Press Release--496/496HO Essential :)

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Hello to all-
Many of you know, I have been around here for a long time. Part of the reason I am still a "tire kicker" (haven't bought a boat yet) is because myself and Dr Marg have been working hard to bring a product to market--all 496/496HO owners need. We are very pleased with the outcome. I'm proud to announce the creation of www.boatbling.net, a company releasing custom 496/496HO replacement covers. The quality and precision is second to none, plus we are working directly with the custom boat manufacturers to customize the "covers" for their specific boats. Please feel free to check out our website--with much more to come- www.boatbling.net We are going to offer special one time pricing based on limited quantities. I have just arrived in LA and ready for the show. I will be out of the office the majority of the week, so please feel free to PM me or ask any questions. I will be more than happy to help in any way I can.
Thanks so much for the support of those who knew...and kept it a secret.
At the LA Boat Show, look for "customized covers" on Howard, Eliminator, Ultra and Shockwave boats. There will also be some featured on Conquest, Magic, Nordic, Dana Performance Boats, Essex Boats and more. I will be walking around, please stop and say hello.
I will try and post a couple of extra pics Friday morning before heading to the Show.
Patrick
AKA Roln 20s
VP- Sales and Marketing
www.boatbling.net

phebus
01-28-2005, 04:56 AM
Being familiar with the product they have developed, I have to tell you to check them out. They are made of the finest material, and are very thick and sturdy. Some of the competition I have checked out is so flimsy, that if you were to lean on the cover while checking your oil, or trim fluid, they would bend and distort. This cover you could just about stand on.
It's about time someone is coming out with products that dress up the 496 motors to give them a custom look, and make you proud to open your engine hatch. And, for those that have speakers mounted either in or on the hatch and open it for tunes, you will realy like the look of theese.
Props to you and Dr. Marg Patrick, and I hope to see you at the show.
Rick

framer1
01-28-2005, 05:28 AM
That's a huge inprovement over the stock look, you should do great with these :)

superdave013
01-28-2005, 05:58 AM
Being familiar with the product they have developed, I have to tell you to check them out. They are made of the finest material, and are very thick and sturdy. Some of the competition I have checked out is so flimsy, that if you were to lean on the cover while checking your oil, or trim fluid, they would bend and distort. This cover you could just about stand on.
Now I gotta ask.... Just what is this fine material and how thick are they?
If it's 316s.s. that would be bad ass.

superdave013
01-28-2005, 05:59 AM
opps, just read the site closer, 6061 @ 3/16" thick.

Stealth Marine
01-28-2005, 06:40 AM
Looks nice.
Were Interested.
Cost and Availability??????

Second "PLACE"
01-28-2005, 06:51 AM
Very nice looking....More info? cost/availability ?

Music to my Ears
01-28-2005, 07:05 AM
Looks great Patrick!! You and Tom have a definete winner here. I know that you guys took your time in developing this product and your time and effort shows. The fact that so many quality boat builders have stepped up to the plate just confirms the quality. I too have watched the development of this product from its early stages and am excited by your prospects. Good luck! :)

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Looks nice.
Were Interested.
Cost and Availability??????
Thanks for the great words. We offer wholesale to manufacturers, including your logo on the top. I will PM you with our wholesale information and my cell.
M2ME- Thanks for the great plug. All of your opinions during the development stages were key. This product has come out better than expected...and trust me, we had super high expectations.
Roln 20s

Havasu_Dreamin
01-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Patrick, looks good! Looks like you've got a winner there.

spectras only
01-28-2005, 09:31 AM
Roln , great product over the stock item . Now ,
what about other application like the 377 6.2 ? You'll see
more and more of these in the new boats.

moneypit
01-28-2005, 09:34 AM
Soooo the bigggg question is..... How Much for us board members?

4-B
01-28-2005, 09:39 AM
Ii need one of these. I would be happy to demo one at Havasu for you. I'll even pay the shipping cost. :D

JB in so cal
01-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Soooo the bigggg question is..... How Much for us board members?
Damn. You beat me to it!
How about a Deck Boat Demo Platform... Plenty of room for models to stretch out...

UnionJack
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
I looks really good, will it be at the show?

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 10:56 AM
I lloks really good, will it be at the show?
It will be at the show UJ-- on display installed on all of the boats mentioned above.
As for availability question--there are approx 20 "classics" at the show on display-of which most are sold. I will have another 30 "classics" in inventory and ready for delivery around the end of the LA Boat Show- week of feb 7th.
The newly coming models--Flame & Magic will be available soon. We hope to have the Flame completed by Mid Feb. We have started a priority list for the Flame and Magic- please PM me to be added to the this. This will also provide you with a ***boat special price.
PRICING-- Flame and Magic to be determine.
Classic-- ***boat specials for a limited time and quantity, without a company Logo are $489.99 + shipping (expected web direct pricing is $549.99--huge special for the ***boat family), MSRP is 649.99!!! We have provided exclusivity to the Mfg that choose to have their product customized with their logo. Please see them for ordering information. If your mfg has not agreed with us to have their Logo produced yet, please contact me and I will be happy to talk with them.
I will post a new pic of the Customized "Ultra" cover in moments.
A detailed description of the cover:
precision machined from 3/16" T-6061 aircraft quality alum
rolled to a precise camber
Professionally painted groves
Full top polished to a mirror finish
Provide superb airflow, mounts 1" lower than stock (for anyone who has clearance issues with the stock, here you go) and visual appeal second to none.
Professional packaging with all hardware included
If choosing a logo--the Logo is electro magnetically etched into the piece- just beautiful on the eye
The flame/magic editions finish to be determined-- most likely polished or powdercoated. Classic is our Flagship model and only avail in Polish.
Roln 20s

shadow
01-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Looks real good!!! Nice way to dress up the 496.
How many MPH can we expect to gain with the flamed cover? :D
Hope they do well for you,I'll be sure to check them out at the show.

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=63802&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/showphoto.php?photo=63803&password=&sort=7&thecat=500
Here are a couple of the most recent pics--this is one for Ultra. I hope you all like it.
Thanks again for all the good words and look forward to meeting with you all.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 11:27 AM
Oops- something isn't right. Can someone please try and fix this? They are in the ***boat image gallery under Roln 20s. Thanks so much.
Roln 20s

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Looks real good!!! Nice way to dress up the 496.
How many MPH can we expect to gain with the flamed cover? :D
Hope they do well for you,I'll be sure to check them out at the show.
:) There are no guarantees on speed improvement, but you will probably feel like you are going faster.
I'm off to the show to setup, myself or Dr Marg will try to respond to anything as quickly as possible.
Thanks,
Roln 20s

phebus
01-28-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419IMG_0037.JPG

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks Rick-- you're the man.
Roln 20s

Dr. Eagle
01-28-2005, 12:08 PM
:D Damn, that really looks cool... :idea:

RiverDave
01-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Man those look Great!! Good looking Product Guys!! :)
RD

SHOTKALLIN
01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Daaaammmmmmnnnn! That looks the BOMB!

roln 20s
01-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the great response everyone. The response during the LA Boat Show setup was amazing. I can't wait to see all of your thoughts.
Thanks again,
Roln 20s

fourspeednup
01-29-2005, 01:17 AM
These things really are bitchen. As a friend of Roln 20s I've had the pleasure of following the progress of this endeavor and even helping out a few times over the past 6 months or so. When he first ran the concept by me I was very skeptical that such a product would be met with much enthusiasm but having seen all the work and revision that has gone into the final product I am hard pressed to believe that anyone would want to have a 496 equipped boat built without this "blingin" piece. I challenge everybody reading this to stop by at the show to inspect the quality and craftsmanship of the product (as well as that of our competition).
As Roln 20s said, the covers can already be found on several 496-equipped boats on display. Again, I urge you to take a close look at the installed components and form your own opinion, I think you'll be very pleased :smile:
Look forward to seeing you all at the show in a few hours :cool:

James'SS-24
01-29-2005, 07:46 AM
I already have the perfect cover for my 496...It's called a WHIPPLECHARGER! :cool:

Magic34
01-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Great work. They look good. Congrats on the company.

slink
01-29-2005, 01:51 PM
These things are trick. I met Patrick a few months ago when he was at SW with a demo. He produced one for SW and delivered to Barry during Friday set-up, they put it on Jenn's boat for display. It looked great, even better with a mirror under the hatch. I went ahead and ordered mine with a SW logo. For those that are going to the boat show, you'll see another company with a similar product, but far less quality. Good job Pat

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the nice words guys. Patrick and I are committed to getting all you Hot Boat Forum folks hooked up with one of these covers....or two if you've got twins like this.... ;)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/603IMG_0043.JPG

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 08:17 AM
Here's a couple of more shots from the Eliminator space at the LA Boat Show...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/603IMG_0045.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/603IMG_0052.JPG

WetWillie
01-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Congrates, I spoted these in the front of the Howard Booth and gene came over and told me what they were. Always glad to see a new business ideo come to fruition!! Roln now you need a boat as a business write off and testing!! :idea:

voodoomedman
01-30-2005, 10:47 AM
These things are sweet. I really really want one. I'm just sorry my checkbook disagrees. :(

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 06:53 PM
These things are sweet. I really really want one. I'm just sorry my checkbook disagrees. :(
Check your PM Voodoo!

Kachina26
01-30-2005, 06:55 PM
These things are trick. I met Patrick a few months ago when he was at SW with a demo. He produced one for SW and delivered to Barry during Friday set-up, they put it on Jenn's boat for display. It looked great, even better with a mirror under the hatch. I went ahead and ordered mine with a SW logo. For those that are going to the boat show, you'll see another company with a similar product, but far less quality. Good job Pat
Underline "far less quality" !!!

dr. margarita
01-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Underline "far less quality" !!!
Hey Kachina, just took close notice of your boat graphics. Did you check out the upcoming "Magic" model on boatbling web page. Very similar... I think we should do a powder coated yellow "Magic"!!

roln 20s
02-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Well, just got back from the LA Boat Show-- thanks for all of the great words. Everyone has been super impressed with the cover- manufacturers and consumers. I appreciate everyone's support. I'll be back in OC late thursday evening and at the show Friday- Sunday, look forward to meeting more of the beloved ***boat Family.
WW-- that is slated to occur...hopefully sooner than later. That is one of the perks :)
Roln 20s

Kilrtoy
02-01-2005, 01:27 AM
HEY ROLN
OFF THE HOOK.
they look sweet, saw one in a conquest. If I had inboards I would own one of your pieces of art... Maybe this will get you into that super trick bad blown 28 Howard you speak of. GOOG LUCK....
KILR

dr. margarita
02-01-2005, 06:36 PM
I think we need to all get together at "THE STANDARD" for a little boat show celebration :squiggle:

SHOTKALLIN
02-01-2005, 07:03 PM
I saw your work at the show on a few boats. I love the product. It really dresses up the ugly factory stock look. I saw your competition at the show and thier product looks cheezy IMHO.
just my .02

roln 20s
02-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanks again for all of the great words. Here is my special offer for the first group of orders--send me a pic of your boat, and I will custom paint the grooves to match the color of your boat. They come flat black, but for the first few--I will go the extra mile to provide you with an even more ONE OFF product at production price. Slink, Tremor Theropy, SBullet etc.. have been some of the first to get their requests in--I'll make sure everyone here is BEYOND satisfied.
Thanks again for the great words- if anyone has a concern for price, please just check the quality and price compared to the other offerings available. I'm sure you will be glad you did.
Roln 20s

Kachina26
02-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey Kachina, just took close notice of your boat graphics. Did you check out the upcoming "Magic" model on boatbling web page. Very similar... I think we should do a powder coated yellow "Magic"!!
Actually, I like the idea of the standard bright finish with the Kachina emblem and my grooves painted in a green that matches the back of my flames. :D

mbrown2
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Congrats on the endeavor guys....and Rol'n now you can get a Bullet, write it off, and maybe get some great insurance as it is a test boat.....Good luck guys....the product looks great.....

roln 20s
02-01-2005, 08:33 PM
Congrats on the endeavor guys....and Rol'n now you can get a Bullet, write it off, and maybe get some great insurance as it is a test boat.....Good luck guys....the product looks great.....
Thanks Mike- we are happy with it. I actually met your brother in law hanging with SBullet near the Howard booth, super cool guy. And, you are exactly right, I will get a boat, write it off, and add the Boat Bling cover for advertising.
Thanks again,
Roln 20s

bear down
02-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Just got back from the show...What is the difference between your product and that of Custom Cowlings product line??

roln 20s
02-06-2005, 11:22 PM
Just got back from the show...What is the difference between your product and that of Custom Cowlings product line??
Sorry I missed you at the show, would have loved to talk to you. Here are the known differences between our competitor's product and ours-
Our product is 3/16" T 6061 Aircraft Quality aluminum, Our competitor's is 1/8" 5052 aluminum for the powdercoat models and 14 Gauge (thinner than 1/8") polished stainless steel for the "polished" piece
Our product is CNC machined, theirs are laser cut
Our product is cambered perfectly, theirs has the edges bent at an angle
Our product is fully polished (soon to be released powdercoat versions will be 3 step powdercoating), theirs are purchased polished sheets of 14 Gauge steel or 1 coat of powdercoating
Our's is an inch lower than the stock cover, their's is stock height
Both products increase airflow
Our product has specifically machined standoff spacers, with stainless allen head screws, all hardware included (even threadlocker), theirs has plastic spacers which sit atop the holes and you have to place the piece above and install replacement screws
Our product is extremely rigid and will not flex at high speed, engine running/idling, rough water, or when you touch it. It was also engineered to allow for an oversized high flow K&N or Vortech aircleaner to be installed.
Ours are shipped in 4" thick boxes, wrapped in protective plastic, protected on the ends with custom fix 2" foam and the sides with 1/2" foam, theirs comes in a 1" box.
We have worked hard to build relationships with each particular manufacturers to further customize their covers with LOGOS to match their styles, boats and preferences, and are gaining more mfg customers daily.
Our new models (flame and magic) will be cheaper than the Classic- which is our flagship, but still maintain the same quality in production.
We are very proud of our product and have had an incredible initial response, which we anticipate will only grow stronger. Thanks to all at the show for great words and sharing in our excitement. Special thanks Gene and Mike at Howard, John West at Ultra Boats, Tom at Dana Boats, Keith, Mike and Jody at Conquest, Barry at Shockwave, Bob Leach and Jim Folley at Eliminator, Ron Moyes, Brett and Darrin at Magic/Sleek, Lonnie & Carl at Nordic and all of the ***boat family who took time to see our product.
Thanks and if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Patrick

roln 20s
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Updated pics...Nordic Classic! This is just a sticker...I would assume this is what their etched version will look like.
Enjoy!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419Nordic_Classic.JPG
Roln 20s

Music to my Ears
02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Updated pics...Nordic Classic! This is just a sticker...I would assume this is what their etched version will look like.
Enjoy!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/1419Nordic_Classic.JPG
Roln 20s
Dude, you and Tom need to hook me up. That looks sweeeet!!! :)

roln 20s
02-08-2005, 09:18 PM
Dude, you and Tom need to hook me up. That looks sweeeet!!! :)
You got it..all ***boat guys get the smokin deals. I'll let you know ASAP once I have one with the actual Nordic logo available.
We'll take care of you.
Roln 20s

Music to my Ears
02-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Thanks Patrick. I've gotta say that your covers were MUCH nicer than your competition! :cool: