PDA

View Full Version : Who has the hookups with GMC?

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Good friend of mine is looking to purchase a new Denali? Are there any ***boaters on here that sale GMC's or anybody that knows somebody...
Photoglou, I thought you mentioned you might know someone..

Blacksheep
01-28-2005, 11:40 AM
MBrown,
Here ya go...When I asked the same question a couple weeks ago, this is what Jay had to say.
Try Joey at nabors GMC CAD in Costa Mesa 714 444 5200 SHE has helped alot of my friends out. Jay

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Blacksheep....thanks a bunch...just sent the info to my buddy.

voodoomedman
01-28-2005, 12:28 PM
How's about just going with Jay and getting a Chevy. They are the same thing. Denali just has all the bells and whistles. You can order a Chevy with all that stuff on it. The only thing you don't get is the Denali nameplate.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-28-2005, 12:30 PM
How's about just going with Jay and getting a Chevy. They are the same thing. Denali just has all the bells and whistles. You can order a Chevy with all that stuff on it. The only thing you don't get is the Denali nameplate.
I think the leather on the GMC is softer than the Chevy. The fit and finish seem to be better on the GMC as well.

gnarley
01-28-2005, 12:31 PM
You don't get all of them.

voodoomedman
01-28-2005, 12:34 PM
You don't get all of them.
I may be wrong but if you are ordering it you can get the option of your dealer knows what's up because they are the same truck off the same assembly line. I know because I have a color on my truck that is not standard. You almost have to kill somebody to get it. But I got it and no I didn't kill anybody.

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 12:39 PM
I already got a chevy Dmax from Jay, and my bud wants a Denali....you can't get the 6.0 with 335 Horsepower in a half ton Burb...at least I don't think you can...plus, I like the look of the Denali better than the burb..

gnarley
01-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I may be wrong but if you are ordering it you can get the option of your dealer knows what's up because they are the same truck off the same assembly line. I know because I have a color on my truck that is not standard. You almost have to kill somebody to get it. But I got it and no I didn't kill anybody.
Some things are DENALI only. I did a lot of research before I bought my 04 Yukon. I wanted the 6 liter and it wasn't available in the Tahoe or the standard Yukon nor was the DVD navigation in the Chevy or the Yukon, only the Denali.
I could order one with all the available factory options and even with my special connections I cannot get a special, my dad was former management and I get his pricing and discounts. But they still won't build a special like they used to when I worked there or may dad or friends of mine that were plant superintendents. There are to many D.O.T. restrictions on how the vehicle is certified now.

BIGTYME
01-28-2005, 02:08 PM
From what I have been told, NAVIGATION is available in Tahoe and suburbans as well as chevy trucks made by special order.

Blacksheep
01-28-2005, 03:05 PM
MBrown...
Make sure your buddy gets a good deal. My friend at GM told me the Janesville plant where the suburban/tahoe/yukons are made are closed for 3 weeks due to low demand.
I just bought one and got GMS price (GM Employee) and I'm not an employee (~$56K sticker for $44..not bad) Plus being the end of month and playing dealers against each other helped too. Not too mention it was bad weather here and no one else was out buying that day :D

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 03:07 PM
MBrown...
Make sure your buddy gets a good deal. My friend at GM told me the Janesville plant where the suburban/tahoe/yukons are made are closed for 3 weeks due to low demand.
I just bought one and got GMS price (GM Employee) and I'm not an employee (~$56K sticker for $44..not bad) Plus being the end of month and playing dealers against each other helped too. Not too mention it was bad weather here and no one else was out buying that day :D
Thanks for the info. Even on Carsdirect.com you can get a Denali for 42-44 depending on options...I am sure from a competitive dealer, you might get better.

SHOTKALLIN
01-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I own a 02 Yukon. I love it. I just drove my brothers 04 Tahoe to and from the river last weekend. (not towing anything) They are not the same vehicle. I'll take the GMC any day of the week and it more than just the leather. The Yukon has more balls in my opinion.

BIGTYME
01-28-2005, 04:20 PM
I had a guy at North county GMC down to 37k on a Denali ( 04 with Navigation)

PHOTOGLOU
01-28-2005, 05:05 PM
I already got a chevy Dmax from Jay, and my bud wants a Denali....you can't get the 6.0 with 335 Horsepower in a half ton Burb...at least I don't think you can...plus, I like the look of the Denali better than the burb..
This is correct

PHOTOGLOU
01-28-2005, 05:06 PM
From what I have been told, NAVIGATION is available in Tahoe and suburbans as well as chevy trucks made by special order.
Tahoe Suburban Avalanche Trailblazer and Corvette only not Silverados to my knowledge

TOBTEK
01-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Good friend of mine is looking to purchase a new Denali? Are there any ***boaters on here that sale GMC's or anybody that knows somebody...
Photoglou, I thought you mentioned you might know someone..
IF they dont mind driving to Escondido, I have a buddy thats the sales manager at North County jeep GMC. the owner and sales managers are ***boaters as well. Steve Herstedt at 760-432-4040 tell-em Toby sent ya :)

mbrown2
01-28-2005, 05:18 PM
IF they dont mind driving to Escondido, I have a buddy thats the sales manager at North County jeep GMC. the owner and sales managers are ***boaters as well. Steve Herstedt at 760-432-4040 tell-em Toby sent ya :)
Thanks Toby...I will pass that along if the other info does not pan out into a good deal.

plaster dave
01-28-2005, 10:16 PM
check your pm

voodoomedman
01-29-2005, 08:33 AM
I own a 02 Yukon. I love it. I just drove my brothers 04 Tahoe to and from the river last weekend. (not towing anything) They are not the same vehicle. I'll take the GMC any day of the week and it more than just the leather. The Yukon has more balls in my opinion.
Now that's just silly. The others guys are probably right about what options you get at the higher end but they are the same vehicle. Were you driving apples to apples (same engine, both 1500 or 2500 etc.) This sounds like when my wifes friend was told by the salesperson she bought her GMC from that the GMC are better because they put stronger bolts on them. It's the same as an escalade. They just take a suburban and put all the fufu stuff in it.

PHOTOGLOU
01-29-2005, 10:13 AM
04 has 5 more HP than 02 MAYBE it was the rear end gears????

voodoomedman
01-29-2005, 10:56 AM
04 has 5 more HP than 02 MAYBE it was the rear end gears????
that would be my guess. or the stronger bolts. :D

f311fr1
01-29-2005, 11:13 AM
I have had both CHEVY and GMC's. IMO, even though they come off the same line, the GMC is a more refined truck and performs to a higher standard. ALL my future trucks will be GMC. I currently have '05 3/4 ton Yukon XL, 8.1, 4WD and all the bells and whistles, '02 HD2500 extended cab PU, 8.1 Allison trans, 2WD, and '97 3500 Chevy crew cab, 454 Vortec, Auto, 2 WD. My next boat truck will be a GMC 4500 or 5500 with hauler bed.

Just Tool'n
01-29-2005, 05:26 PM
Why dont you call Ted Faggart, @ Faggart GMC in Porterville.
Why not support a Dragboat Racer