PDA

View Full Version : I took the boat out today!!!

rrrr
01-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Typical Winter day.... 45 degrees and cloudy, had to wear some extra layers.
BUT.....
No wind at all, the lake was like a sheet of glass. It was really nice running at WOT, trimmed up and riding on the magic carpet. I really like the switchable exhaust on our new boat, sounded great on a quiet morning....
I drifted across the lake with some cut bait, caught a few nice catfish.....
C'MON WARM WEATHER!!!!! :D :D

Tom Brown
01-29-2005, 10:15 PM
I took my snow blower out today.

rrrr
01-29-2005, 10:27 PM
I took my snow blower out today.
But did you have a fishing pole attached to it? :D

rrrr
01-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey, I forgot...
There were some guys in a Malibu Skier out having fun. They had dry suits and an Air Chair, doing some nice aerial tricks. Water temp today was 51 degrees..... :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
The SS factor* must have been 9.9...... :D :D
*Scrotum Shrinkage

sanger rat
01-29-2005, 11:49 PM
I took my buddys sled on the river tonight. Made a couple half throttle-80mph passes in front of the Bar. I'm still geeked. It was about 20 degrees out.

Brooski
01-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Okay rrr, which boat did you take, since you seem to own a few? Hopefully it was your very sweet Howard. I still drool when I think of that boat. You bringing it back to CBBB this year?

rrrr
01-30-2005, 12:35 AM
Okay rrr, which boat did you take, since you seem to own a few? Hopefully it was your very sweet Howard. I still drool when I think of that boat. You bringing it back to CBBB this year?
Nahhh, took out the Chapparal. Turns out it's a pretty good catfishing boat. It drifted perpendicular to the wind all day. I mounted a couple of Wal Mart rod holders on the grab rails, turned the front passenger seat sideways, and pretended to be a fisherman while actually napping and drinking beer.
Today would have been a great day to run the flattie, there wasn't a breath of wind between noon and 3 PM. The lake was sooooo flat....
CBBB is on the list for 2005, we had a damn good time and want to do a repeat....

dmontzsta
01-30-2005, 02:20 AM
You need to move out here, closer drive for CBBB and it usually stays in the 70s. :idea:

WUTWZAT
01-30-2005, 08:18 AM
No, you don't need to move out here, just buy a place and I can house sit it the 360 days a year your not here.
Jason

Sportin' Wood
01-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Nahhh, took out the Chapparal. Turns out it's a pretty good catfishing boat. It drifted perpendicular to the wind all day. I mounted a couple of Wal Mart rod holders on the grab rails, turned the front passenger seat sideways, and pretended to be a fisherman while actually napping and drinking beer.
Sounds like a great day. I love boat fishing. So does my son; he's my fishin' buddy.
Dang! Logged in as Jeff still. Jeff doesn't like boat fishing very much, he doesn't have the patience to sit and wait.
--Angie

rrrr
01-30-2005, 10:35 AM
Sounds like a great day. I love boat fishing. So does my son; he's my fishin' buddy.
Dang! Logged in as Jeff still. Jeff doesn't like boat fishing very much, he doesn't have the patience to sit and wait.
--Angie
Just give him beer. The only difference between a drunk and a fisherman is the pole.
:D :D

rrrr
01-30-2005, 10:36 AM
No, you don't need to move out here, just buy a place and I can house sit it the 360 days a year your not here.
Jason
Heheh, that's pretty funny, Jason. :D :D