PDA

View Full Version : How many of you run a K&N on your 496?

LilHarley
01-30-2005, 09:23 PM
I am getting the K&N air filter for my 496. How many of you guys run them. Any problems? I'm going to get one of those sick covers from Roln20's but with the Ultra logo, so there should be enough clearance. :rollside:

shadow
01-30-2005, 09:42 PM
I was told that the K&N flows less than the stock mesh screen.The k&n will filter more dust and debris from entering the throttle body,but then again how much dust and debris do you have in your engine compartment?They definately look better but if you look at the two together the stock screen will flow better.

phebus
01-30-2005, 11:00 PM
I'm running one, and have not noticed any performance changes, either positive or negative. Same speed on the GPS. What I did gain though, was the stock mesh filter had a very annoying whistle type sound upon acceleration. It made the sound of a fan belt slipping. Glad to lose that sound.

Throttle
01-30-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm running one, and have not noticed any performance changes, either positive or negative. Same speed on the GPS. What I did gain though, was the stock mesh filter had a very annoying whistle type sound upon acceleration. It made the sound of a fan belt slipping. Glad to lose that sound.
RS, what r u doin up so late, r u still in havasu?

phebus
01-30-2005, 11:21 PM
Just got home. Worked hard on the house tying up all the loose ends that never seemed to get done. Too much fun there to work on the house, but now that we have to sell it, we decided to wrap them all up.
Going to the boat show tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your new boat.
Rick

Throttle
01-30-2005, 11:25 PM
Going to the boat show tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing your new boat.
I will be going again tomorrow evening too, lets hook up someplace. I have a XO!

Throttle
01-30-2005, 11:30 PM
check out la boat show thread # 67 for sneek peek