PDA

View Full Version : Emerald cove

UltraBob
04-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Have a customer that will sell me his membership to Emerald Cove pretty cheap. Would like to get some feed back from anyone about the place I have never been there.
Thanks

boatnam2
04-20-2006, 07:14 PM
we just joined,a pretty good down grade from our place we sold last year but i like it.great riding just across the street.

Boa1277
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
The place sucks been a member there for over 10yrs and when I joined you could always get beach front now if you dont get there the week before you are lucky to get 3rd row, they suck you in by giving you dibs the first few times you go but after that the newer members get priority, I am telling you I have watched this for years and if you try and get out of your membership even if you own it the charge you something like a grand just to transfer it so you cant really sell it and make money. They truly do suck and the crowd just keeps getting worse, I noticed alot of little gang banger kids the last couple of summers, which is not the best crowd. Just giving you the low down now we are over at river reflections much better, but more expensive.. Good Luck

Boatcop
04-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Hope you don't mind Lake Lice.

Jrocket
04-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Hope you don't mind Lake Lice.
Or people that have NO clue on how to anchor a boat.

GunninGopher
04-20-2006, 08:43 PM
I like it there. My parents and my wife's parents are both CRA members. We don't get the beachfront but you can't beat the price for us. We stayed for 7 nights last week and it cost me $42. You can drink your own beer by the pool and the kids club is OK. We go for a whole week twice a year. The older my kids get, the more fun we will have.
I think the cabins rent out for pretty cheap, like $40 a night or something and they are really nice. We spent a week in one last summer and it was sweet.
The park is huge so it would suck to get stuck in back, unless we were there for the off roading, which many people are. There is a huge BLM off road area right across the street. We bring a wagon to haul stuff down to the beach and the pool so it isn't too big a hassel to be a few rows back, if you can find a campsite the isn't occupied to cut across.
A couple of white kids with headbands don't qualify as gang bangers as far as I'm concerned, and I believe that most of those membership types of places are much safer than non-membership parks. I don't think we locked the coach up all week. Most teenagers are a pain in the arse whereever we are so I pretty much just ignore them unless they start picking on someone. At least it is quiet at night because the security is usually sort of on top of things.
Again, I'm not a member, just a child of one so I don't have anything invested in it, but would consider it if weren't already so dialed in. I also have only been to 1 other membership resort on the river (Colorado River Oasis, near Blythe) and feel that Emerald Cove is much better.
About the anchoring, I had a heck of a time last week. I finally broke down and bought a box anchor on the 3rd day so that I could sleep. Those things work like a charm, best $150 I ever spent. I couldn't get my flute style to hold at the 12' depth that is needed and it would slowly creep to the shore.
I may check out River Reflections sometime if it is even better like was said above.
One more thing, Emerald Cove is part of RPI so you can go there on an exchange if you are a member of another RPI club.

a catered life
04-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Or people that have NO clue on how to anchor a boat.
do what to a boat? :p

JESSE
04-21-2006, 12:06 AM
i have one to it is ok i would not buy it if i had it to do over.
but my mom and dad love it.befor you buy it go up for one of thire
free week ends you will have to go to thire sales pitch on sunday
but they leave you a lone untail then and they put you up in a nice
trailer. if you like it then go home and buy your friends. by the way
i could leave the trailer thire for 20$ a month and it would be free to
stay and i pay 325 to stay at sand point on the lake.that is how munch
i like it :mad:

djunkie
04-21-2006, 01:48 AM
i have one to it is ok i would not buy it if i had it to do over.
but my mom and dad love it.befor you buy it go up for one of thire
free week ends you will have to go to thire sales pitch on sunday
but they leave you a lone untail then and they put you up in a nice
trailer. if you like it then go home and buy your friends. by the way
i could leave the trailer thire for 20$ a month and it would be free to
stay and i pay 325 to stay at sand point on the lake.that is how munch
i like it :mad:
WOW!!! :idea: :idea: :D

Flying Tiger
04-21-2006, 07:05 PM
The Odor has been 95% eliminated.
They've hired a complete dimwitted moron to run the security. I suspect someone will kill him. I've talked to him, he has the IQ of a carrot, a real tool.
They've way way oversold the place, the BLM is afraid and runnin' scared of the operators so you have no recourse in disputes. Forget camping on the beach, it's who ya know and who ya blow to get out there.
Several regular summer visitors have no problem with dropping their anchor right on top of yours when you're out. It'll happen to you all the time.
The weekend freebee/$29 potential customer deal usually brings in the most trouble.
The 30 AMP service rarely gives you more than 20 AMPs so expect your AC to brown out and choke, barely cool your rig & eventually burn out your compressor.
Ya get A holes in 40 ft weekend warriors camped next to you that have to run their generators to get 50 Amps to cool their rigs,, and the exhaust smell in the 112 deg F heat turns your underwear around.
The long time park manager Butch quit in a dispute with the operators,, and it's lost its character as a result, just ain't the same.
No ATV's can be ridden from the park to the OHV area across the street, they have to be towed/hauled. Strictly enforced.
We paid $1400 for our membership, and our dues are $275, so it's worth it to us.
Also,, I don't mind camping on the back rows,, more room,,, quieter,, more interesting crowd.
Our kids are crazy about the place. My daughter dreams of it,, the kids social life there is, to them,, as good as it gets.
Golf Carts haven't been banned yet,, but the tool running the place would love too.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3812Parker_July__04_007-med.jpg