PDA

View Full Version : so, tomorrows the big surgery day....

Midlife Advantage
02-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I wake up at 5:30, gotta be in Laguna Hills at 7:15, and go under the knife at 8:30. I am looking forward to the pain relief and no more vicodin, but just a little spooked at the same time. I know it is a very straight forward and successful surgery, microdiskectomy, but anesthesia is scary. You go to sleep and a team of people cut your back open, root around for a bit, and you wake up wondering what happened.
guess I just had to start this thread, go to bed and see what happens overnight, I will need something to read when I get home in the early afternoon!
I have to take it easy for 5-7 days, cant lift, bend over or turn at the waist, so I was thinkin maybe I should start a sign up list for sponge baths, whaddya think? 2-3 times daily? Ladies only of course, LOL!
Oh well, ya'll have fun with this, I am going to bed, take care all!

WYRD
02-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Best of luck to you brother bur you won't need that because you have an advantage!!!!! :) Seriously though know that we are praying that everything goes well. :cool: :cool:

JustMVG
02-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Good luck to ya tomorrow!!!
MIkeVG

boatnam2
02-01-2005, 10:54 PM
good luck

Domn8er
02-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Good luck Tim, hope you feel good real soon.

AirtimeLavey
02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Good luck, and have a speedy recovery...

WYRD
02-01-2005, 11:18 PM
Good luck, and have a speedy recovery...
Don't make it too speedy milk it a little bit if you catch my drift ;) ;) ;)

FMluvswater
02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey good luck :clover: I hope it goes all smoothly, does the trick (ends your pain) and you heal quickly. :)

purrfecttremor
02-02-2005, 04:16 AM
good luck you recovery time will be over before you know it.oh you just helped me with 100th post.hope everything goes well for you.

Huckleberry
02-02-2005, 04:27 AM
Good luck on the surgery!

Procraftkev
02-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Good Luck,Hope all goes well.

essexjet
02-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Good luck today, everything will be fine :D

JetBoatRich
02-02-2005, 05:49 AM
God luck this morning, sounds like you have been suffering for a while and this is the hopefully the last step.
Take care, good luck on volunteer's for sponge baths

switchin'addiction
02-02-2005, 05:54 AM
Good luck with the surgery. I agree with the above post, milk the recovery period for awhile. ;)

Artv
02-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Good luck with the surgery.

racecar.hotshoe
02-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Keep your chin up they are a lot better at this stuff then they use to be.Ride it out for as long as possible.If you wake up with a ring around your mouth and a dollar in your hand.Dont tell anyone! :coffeycup :D

cola
02-02-2005, 06:33 AM
Good luck. I'am sure the doctor stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. :cool:

spectratoad
02-02-2005, 06:37 AM
Good LUck. I am sure it will all go smooth. I have my shoulder next month. As long as you a$$ doesn't hurt when you wake up it should be fine. :D :squiggle:

XTRM22
02-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Keep your chin up they are a lot better at this stuff then they use to be.If you wake up with a ring around your mouth and a dollar in your hand.Dont tell anyone! :coffeycup :D
Even in well wishing, this is a tough crowd! I agree they are a lot better at this stuff then they used to be. I'm sure everything will be fine. Good luck on the speedy recovery and finding those sponge bath volunteers!
Chuck

H20Advantage
02-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Good luck with the surgery. The recovery will probably be the easy part it's the withdrawals from the vicodin that will suck.

WYRD
02-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Keep your chin up they are a lot better at this stuff then they use to be.Ride it out for as long as possible.If you wake up with a ring around your mouth and a dollar in your hand.Dont tell anyone! :coffeycup :D
That happened to me once!!! Still don't know what it was from :eek: :eek: :eek: Ya know come to think of it my backside was a little sore too!!! :cry: :cry: :p hmmmmm oh well! :smile:

Quality Time
02-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Good luck with the surgery. I assume you will be at Saddleback. That's where I had my back surgery. Is your Doc. Wayner by any chance?

redneckgirl
02-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Best wishes Tim...We will be thinking of you!! :)
RNG

LHC30Victory
02-02-2005, 08:12 AM
Tim, We wish you a quick, successful surgery, a quick recovery and very cute nurses to take care of you.
See ya on the water soon!

6 Dollar Boat
02-02-2005, 08:19 AM
15 minutes till surgery, I hope you are doing well. Good Luck :D

THOR
02-02-2005, 08:24 AM
Good luck brother.

TheLurker
02-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Best wishes and go easy during the recovery period.

Sherpa
02-02-2005, 08:32 AM
good luck...... please post back when you can....
I've been on vic EX for over 5 years now.... I'm pretty sure there's something* they can do for me...........
--Sherpa

moneypit
02-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Ice Ice Baby... I treat patients like you all day long.. Heres a secret to your success (rehab)
(Call me if you need any help down the line)

bunny 166
02-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Thinking of you, Tim....I know you'll be fine :) :) Hang in there, hun!

a catered life
02-02-2005, 09:01 AM
may god be with you all the way and good luck! anytime someone goes under the knife its serious so you are in our prayers.................as far as the sponge baths i will send all my potato salad and twinkies eating friend your way :2purples:

Scream
02-02-2005, 09:14 AM
Good Luck MA, just remember to follow the doctors instructions.
Scream

Tom Brown
02-02-2005, 10:05 AM
Best wishes Midlife Advantage. :)

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-02-2005, 10:12 AM
Good luck..........I'm sure you'll do fine. Let us know....
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_18_1.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm79987US')http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_54.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm79987US')

WYRD
02-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Well things should be finishing up by now. So on with more pleasing thoughts, who is gonna give him a sponge bath???? Come on ladies a fellow HBoater is in need!! :D :lightsabe :sqeyes:

Mrs.HLB1
02-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Good luck Tim. Hope you feel better soon. Hope to see you on Sushi night.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 11:47 AM
STOP being such a BIG Puss !!!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh yea....and thanks for giving all of here at the office a little vacation.....
It sure is quiet around here today.......nice! :wink:
Hehe!!
CJG

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
STOP being such a BIG Puss !!!!!! :rolleyes:
Oh yea....and thanks for giving all of here at the office a little vacation.....
It sure is quiet around here today.......nice! :wink:
Hehe!!
CJG
Thanks Jackass. I am home! and a very big thank you to all the Hot Boaters that posted here and gave me a few good chuckles! I will try and respond to each one as I have moments of conciousness, like now. I will probably drift off again soon. But all went well as far as I know, a littel pain at the cut-site, but not bad. You guys all rock.
Chris, I can give you longest break from me as you wish, see in a month.... :sqeyes:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Well......
The BIG puss is out of surgery and doin' well.....
A little groggy, but no more than usual.....
I'm sure he'll be up to speed and bothering you all again soon.....
So much for that macho Cowboy & Harley crap.....Hehe!!
CJG
:D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 02:24 PM
See what I mean !!!!!!
CJG
:cry:

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Well......
The BIG puss is out of surgery and doin' well.....
A little groggy, but no more than usual.....
I'm sure he'll be up to speed and bothering you all again soon.....
So much for that macho Cowboy & Harley crap.....Hehe!!
CJG
:D
OK, make it TWO months weener.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 02:26 PM
OK, make it TWO months weener.
Tim who ???
:smile:

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:28 PM
Tim who ???
:smile:
thats it, see you tomorrow.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
thats it, see you tomorrow.
Hey......You shoudda' had your Tubes Tied while they were in there.....
:argue: Hehe!! :boxingguy
Hehe!!!!
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey....
Enough chit-chat.....
I gotta get back to work and pick-up your slack.....
Great....With all your spare time you'll have a post count like Frenchie.... :jawdrop:
Later,
CJG
:p

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:35 PM
Good luck Tim...You got my number if you need anything at all. I will stop by and check in on ya
stop by anytime anytime brutha, I will be here, thanks.

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:37 PM
Best of luck to you brother bur you won't need that because you have an advantage!!!!! :) Seriously though know that we are praying that everything goes well. :cool: :cool:
Thanks RD, for the prayers and the Advantage bruthahood!

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:39 PM
Thank you everyone that posted nice things, Shaken Not Stirred likes to stir the pot! RH this one had me LMAO, but that is painful at this point,LOL! Remind me not to go camping with you!

RP1
02-02-2005, 02:43 PM
good to hear all went well... rest and take care.

barbigrl
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
HE IS BACK....and he made it!!

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Thinking of you, Tim....I know you'll be fine :) :) Hang in there, hun!
Thanks Bunny! I wish I could say thanks to every post, but I am fading fast, god bless your lovely family and everyone, Rock ON!

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 02:49 PM
Well things should be finishing up by now. So on with more pleasing thoughts, who is gonna give him a sponge bath???? Come on ladies a fellow HBoater is in need!! :D :lightsabe :sqeyes:
YEHA, what he said! :D :devil: :devil:

Irishgal
02-02-2005, 02:51 PM
Glad all went well Tim. I was thinking about you earlier on, but didn't see this post till now. Take care of yourself, see ya soon.

topless
02-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Glad all went well. Now what is going to be your excuse for vicodin? :p

OGShocker
02-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Great news Tim, really good news!

topless
02-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Just talked to him..........(don't tell him this but he sounds like shit) Says he feels better. Glad to hear it. :)

SHAKEN Not Stirred
02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Just talked to him..........(don't tell him this but he sounds like shit) Says he feels better. Glad to hear it. :)
Male sympathy play........ ;)
It's in our DNA...... :supp:
Mommy....cartoons, kool aid, pop tarts & a sponge bath will make it feel better..... :idea:
Right !!!!!
CJG
:cool:

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Glad all went well. Now what is going to be your excuse for vicodin? :p
no excuse, no vicodin once the pain is gone. right now its a little sore, plus they gave me muscle relaxers!

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Male sympathy play........ ;)
It's in our DNA...... :supp:
Mommy....cartoons, kool aid, pop tarts & a sponge bath will make it feel better..... :idea:
Right !!!!!
CJG
:cool:
:boxingguy LOL!

shueman
02-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Good to hear that all went well....take care...!!!

LBZROCKS
02-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Tim,
Glad to hear everything went great! Julz and I kept you in our prayers..
We'll have to get together for a soda when u are back up and running!
the lbz's

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 06:24 PM
Tim,
Glad to hear everything went great! Julz and I kept you in our prayers..
We'll have to get together for a soda when u are back up and running!
the lbz's
Good to hear that all went well....take care...!!! Thanks Shueman!
LBZ thank you for the prayers, I hope everything worked as planned, we'll see! and I see you all at the sushi night, right?

Debbolas
02-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Good Luck MA, just remember to follow the doctors instructions.
Scream
Whats that suppose to mean?!?! :lightsabe

Debbolas
02-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Hope you are feeling better. :D
When I had my lamenectamy (sp) they cut the buldg off my disk, and I felt better as soon as I woke up! :D
Had my spinal fusion three years ago, much tougher surgery, improved my back (and my back pain)
Just came back from the doc today, seems I blew out my disk above the fusion...(how the hell did I do that?!?!)
Best of luck to you, take care, take it easy!!! :D

Midlife Advantage
02-02-2005, 08:39 PM
Hope you are feeling better. :D
When I had my lamenectamy (sp) they cut the buldg off my disk, and I felt better as soon as I woke up! :D
Had my spinal fusion three years ago, much tougher surgery, improved my back (and my back pain)
Just came back from the doc today, seems I blew out my disk above the fusion...(how the hell did I do that?!?!)
Best of luck to you, take care, take it easy!!! :D
THANKS DEBBOLAS! I hate to say it but yours makes mine feel like nothing! thanks for the encouragement, God Bless.
Tim

Scream
02-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Whats that suppose to mean?!?! :lightsabe
Take it for what it's worth, :clover:

Debbolas
02-02-2005, 08:43 PM
THANKS DEBBOLAS! I hate to say it but yours makes mine feel like nothing! thanks for the encouragement, God Bless.
Tim
Thanks, hope you feel better soon....(follow your doctors instructions, I may have NOT done that.....) :wink:

RiverKitty
02-03-2005, 12:11 AM
Tim,
So glad to hear the operation was successful!!! :clover:
You seem to be in good spirits!
Does this mean you no longer need a sponge bath??? :idea: LOL! :D
Cheers From AZ ~RiverKitty :D

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Tim,
So glad to hear the operation was successful!!! :clover:
You seem to be in good spirits!
Does this mean you no longer need a sponge bath??? :idea: LOL! :D
Cheers From AZ ~RiverKitty :D
Thanks Kitty! and no, I have not showered yet! its been 24 hours now, I guess I should, but I was holding out for a sponge bath! how fast can you get here?

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 10:56 AM
BUMP! I'm bored and I guess I like the attention!

RiverKitty
02-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks Kitty! and no, I have not showered yet! its been 24 hours now, I guess I should, but I was holding out for a sponge bath! how fast can you get here?
Hey Sweet Cheeks!
I'm leaving for Phoenix in about an hour. :(
I think Tom said he'll be bringing you by some dinner and a few videos tonight. :cool: He also said if you need a bath that he'll bring by a garden hose. :eek: LOL! :D

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Hey Tim....Need anything picked up on my way home? I could drop it off for you around 3-5 depending on when I leave work....
no brutha, actually I have more than many have in this life! I have leftovers from dinner last night, mom went and got new bandages (I have now asked her to go home!) had my shower and a good nap, and I'm bored again. So stop by and say hi, have a beer or just hang out for a few. Thanks for asking pal.
River Kitty, the garden hose sent shivers of joy up my spine, stop teasin!
I good movie does sound good tonight...

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Feel Better!!! :wink:

Irishgal
02-03-2005, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=DILLIGAF]I was just thinking of peeing on him...he can't exactly chase me down you know....lol
I will pretend I never read that.............lol

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 07:48 PM
I was just thinking of peeing on him...he can't exactly chase me down you know....lol
Sorry Tim...that was terrible but I could not resist kicking you a bit....:) Looks worse reading it again but I am sorry...that is kind of funny :)
Do you have a copy of the Pegged Video at home?
Oh god that is funny, and scary at the same time! what a picture! eek!
yeah I have a copy, but I have watched so many times, I can wait for a bit. gonna watch the OC at 8, doesn't everyone?

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Feel Better!!! :wink:
thanks Debbolas, YOU always have something nice to say, as opposed to TOM who is always kickin a man while hes down. and won't even come out of his hermit cave to stop by and visit a poor lonely, fellow boater and biker :( :( :D
Now take Irishgal, what a woman, just stopped by for a half hour or so, even tho her kids were waitin on her, selfless, considerate, caring, what happened to Tom? where did he go wrong? :hammerhea :D

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
thanks Debbolas, YOU always have something nice to say, as opposed to TOM who is always kickin a man while hes down. and won't even come out of his hermit cave to stop by and visit a poor lonely, fellow boater and biker :( :( :D
Now take Irishgal, what a woman, just stopped by for a half hour or so, even tho her kids were waitin on her, selfless, considerate, caring, what happened to Tom? where did he go wrong? :hammerhea :D
Watch him!!!
(he wants to pee on you!?!) :notam:

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Midlife,
Very interested in how this is going for you.
I'm getting a second MRI tomorrow, a Discogram next week, and a well-respected surgeon in Sacto says I'm probably looking at a 3-level fusion or going into an artifical disc program early this spring. I have not worked since last March, and the pain is, well, you know..
I may be able to get into a special program at St. Marys Hospital in San Francisco.

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I had a level three spinal fusion three years ago, it worked fine for awhile, but now I busted out my disk above the fusion...........
Discograms hurt, I am feeling for ya!
Good Luck!!

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 08:06 PM
Wel,, I am glad that something is finally happening. Getting real tired of waiting, and waiting, and waiting.
Doesn't look like I'll be returning to my old job. I asked, and the doc just laughed.
I have been told that the down side of the fusions is that they just move the problem up the spine over time. Sounds like that is what you are going through now.
Bummer.

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:08 PM
What did you use to do?

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Midlife,
Very interested in how this is going for you.
I'm getting a second MRI tomorrow, a Discogram next week, and a well-respected surgeon in Sacto says I'm probably looking at a 3-level fusion or going into an artifical disc program early this spring. I have not worked since last March, and the pain is, well, you know..
I may be able to get into a special program at St. Marys Hospital in San Francisco.
Dude, yer makin me feel better already. that fusion stuff scares the hell outta me, all I had was an extruded disk and they got the piece out of there that was pinching the spinal cord. the pain is pretty bad today at the incision point cause I am not doing vicodin, but I expect it will be less tomorrow.
good luck bro, god Bless and I'll pray a prayer or two for ya.

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
What did you use to do?
I think you told me your brother or cousin does it....
Po-lice...

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
My cousin in Wisconsin, and he is now retired after his two level disk fusion :jawdrop:

Midlife Advantage
02-03-2005, 08:11 PM
I think you told me your brother or cousin does it....
Po-lice...
OOOOH, crashed a few black and whites did ya?

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Dude, yer makin me feel better already. that fusion stuff scares the hell outta me, all I had was an extruded disk and they got the piece out of there that was pinching the spinal cord. the pain is pretty bad today at the incision point cause I am not doing vicodin, but I expect it will be less tomorrow.
good luck bro, god Bless and I'll pray a prayer or two for ya.
Thanks, when the surgeon looked at my old MRi, he said, "see this disc, how it seems to glow with a white color? That is fluid in the disc. Now, see this one, and this, one, and this one, and this one way up here, they are black."
That's when I knew I was in trouble.....
Only one crash, too many years wearing the gunbelt, too many hours in the cop car, too many fights...one broken tailbone...

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:13 PM
My disks are "black"................the last 5 down my back :(

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 08:15 PM
The lower four or five, and one up in the Thoracic as well.
Maybe we should compare MRI's :frown:

Kilrtoy
02-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Sounds like you are getting all better already, Glad to hear that....

Debbolas
02-03-2005, 08:25 PM
See, I can't point at any one thing and say, "that's how I hurt my back" I mean I use to haul the boat anchors in (don't do that anymore) I moved trashcans full of gravel from one dump truck to another in the Forest Service...Had my share of car accidents..............I think I was just too hard on my back :cry:

Flyinbowtie
02-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Everything I've read leads me to believe, in my case anyway, it is primarily the job. The doc says he can usually tell by the level of othsteo arthritis in an xray if somebody has been wearing a gunbelt. He also said that the fall that shattered my tailbone in 86 didn't help either, and racked my spine to the point that it was never aligned correctly again.
Those of my peers out there who are still wearing leather need to loose it and get the nylon. It really helps
Deb, I would be frustrated as hell if I didn't know why it was happening to me. I can understand why you are.
And now, it is off to Norco land...G'night..

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks, when the surgeon looked at my old MRi, he said, "see this disc, how it seems to glow with a white color? That is fluid in the disc. Now, see this one, and this, one, and this one, and this one way up here, they are black."
That's when I knew I was in trouble.....
Only one crash, too many years wearing the gunbelt, too many hours in the cop car, too many fights...one broken tailbone...
OUCH, cop stuff is rough on the bod! I guess thats why I steered around it. I was a reserve deputy for 3 1/2 years and saw enough that I knew it wasn't for me. I'm too much of a nice guy.
Hope it all gets better, said a prayer just now.

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 10:18 AM
See, I can't point at any one thing and say, "that's how I hurt my back" I mean I use to haul the boat anchors in (don't do that anymore) I moved trashcans full of gravel from one dump truck to another in the Forest Service...Had my share of car accidents..............I think I was just too hard on my back :cry:
same with me, I can't really pinpoint which of my escapades did it, but just too much rough and tumble with various things. Roofing, building houses, climbin towers, driving, driving, driving...

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Sounds like you are getting all better already, Glad to hear that....
thanks Miguel, today is not as good, but I know its healin cause it hurts! wah! :cry: I guess part of it is vicodin withdrawel! oh well, nothing else to do

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I have never been able to find that program...Tell me again Tim, is it on ESPN or FSW?
:)
F11 knucklehead, or sports geek I should say! :rollside: it was good last night, the two chick hooked up, ryan went after granpa and he had a heart attack, and sandy is sheltering his ex-fiance who is wanted for murder!

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 10:26 AM
good luck ,i'll need it befor long,i have some friends that had it done and their good to go
thanks for the encouragement, I think it will be good to go as soon as the trauma to my lower back heals! geez, they cut me and dug around in there like they were geologists! I didnt even know they put a catheter in me until I got home and took a leak, tore the paint off the bathroom walls....

Tom Brown
02-04-2005, 10:51 AM
It's great to see you in good spirits, Midlife Advantage. :cool:
I had a level three spinal fusion three years ago, it worked fine for awhile, but now I busted out my disk above the fusion...........
Wow, Deb. :(
Scream's jackhammer must be too powerful for you? :confused:
I hope you're well again soon.
- Tom

hugh jascock
02-04-2005, 10:56 AM
m.a.,
i had a lamanectomy in 84 and it was instant relief! i just had a 3 level lumbar fusion with alograft and instrumentation 1 1/2 yrs ago and i'm just now getting better. i thought i was tuff till this surgery (10hr's) and it made me realize i'm just a cast iron marshmallo. they put cadaver bone in place of the disc's and i think it was pubic bone from a female as i get emotional every now and then. now i'm looking at getting my cervical spine fused as i have 4 bad discs there but they can only do 3 or you have no movement in your neck.
debo,
i have same problem you have, the fused area is better than it was but the area above is giving me probs now.
sux gettin old! :clover:

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 06:13 PM
m.a.,
i had a lamanectomy in 84 and it was instant relief! i just had a 3 level lumbar fusion with alograft and instrumentation 1 1/2 yrs ago and i'm just now getting better. i thought i was tuff till this surgery (10hr's) and it made me realize i'm just a cast iron marshmallo. they put cadaver bone in place of the disc's and i think it was pubic bone from a female as i get emotional every now and then. now i'm looking at getting my cervical spine fused as i have 4 bad discs there but they can only do 3 or you have no movement in your neck.
debo,
i have same problem you have, the fused area is better than it was but the area above is giving me probs now.
again, ya'll are makin me feel better! I didnt have any fusion, so I should just quit whinin about the pain and thank God it was only an extruded disk frag they had to take out. I hope to god I never have to have a fusion, they all sound like a temporary fix until one above or below goes out.
The cadaver part frrreeeks me....

Debbolas
02-04-2005, 06:21 PM
m.a.,
debo,
Yeah, I blew out the disk ABOVE the fused disks, My surgery was 10hours, 7 pints of blood, ICU for 3 days, In thehospital for a week, had to learn how to walk again..... They used titanium for my back, I'm hoping for new technology the next time, there will be a next time, my doctor warned me about it, one of the reasons I haven't had a tattoo over my side scar, as they will have to go in their again.............(Plus Scream wont' let me) :D
Wow, Deb.
Thanks Tom :D
Deb, I would be frustrated as hell if I didn't know why it was happening to me. I can understand why you are.
It is very frustrating :angry2: I mean I was kinda carefull with my back, just doing normal stuff, no more boat anchors or trashcans full of gravel........ :confused:

hugh jascock
02-04-2005, 10:35 PM
m.a. you're good to go bro. i was back to work in 1 week and released from dr. with no restrictions 4 weeks after my lamanectomy.
deb,
i've got 40,000.00 dollars worth of ti in my back also (they call it "instrumentation"). did they take bone from your hip? i heard that is bad as the back op. my surgeon used cadaver bone as it is pre machined and allows better use of time along with no second surgical site to harvest hip bone.
they did a anterior(front) and posterior(rear) entry on me. i was 1 day icu 5 days reg room and 1 pint of blood. i cried on the way home i was so grateful to be alive! i swear the nurses were trying to kill me!
the artificial disc replacement was not an option in my case as they are not approved for multi level use. let me know what they have to offer you on the new disc prob. :D