PDA

View Full Version : Gators in Lake Conroe?

1stepcloser
02-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not from Texas, my brother sent me this and I had to share.
This picture was taken by a KTBS helicopter flying over Lake Conroe!
(For those of you who are not local, Lake Conroe is in Conroe, TX ... Just north of Houston) That has to be a HUGE gator to have a whole deer in its mouth! Are you ready to go water-skiing on Lake Conroe?! If you ski at the west end of the lake -- try not to fall.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/398Gator.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/398Gator_2.bmp

AvengerBabe
02-02-2005, 03:58 PM
:sqeyes: whoa! that is why I love not living in Houston anymore!! We don't have anything like that in the Colorado River!

Second "PLACE"
02-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Damn big Gator....I thought they only got that big in Florida. :confused:

innad
02-02-2005, 04:07 PM
The photo is real but it was taken by a U.S. Fish & Wildlife Officer in the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge 40 miles south of Savannah Ga.

topless
02-02-2005, 04:07 PM
Holy Chit! When we lived in Houston, we went water skiing on the Brazos river. There was a big dead gator floating so we pulled my husband at the time right next to it. He about crapped!! LOL

JB in so cal
02-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Holy Chit! When we lived in Houston, we went water skiing on the Brazos river. There was a big dead gator floating so we pulled my husband at the time right next to it. He about crapped!! LOL
Is that one of the reasons he's an ex? :rollside:

RiverOtter
02-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Yikes!

Red Eye
02-02-2005, 04:11 PM
That's a good lake to learn how to ski.. You definately won't want to fall there.

topless
02-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Is that one of the reasons he's an ex? :rollside:
That was before we even got married.

MOBrien
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
that's one happy gator.
Good lord, can you imagine skiing right by that sucker? :2purples: Whoah! :2purples:

Blacksheep
02-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I've water skiied in Lake Conroe before...It's a good size lake.
Not sure if I'd do it again thought...YIKES!!! :confused:

OldFaithful Squirter
02-02-2005, 04:20 PM
The photo is real but it was taken by a U.S. Fish & Wildlife Officer in the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge 40 miles south of Savannah Ga.
It was not lake Conroe, these pictures have floated all over the internet and each time it is on a different lake?? My guess is this quote is more correct! Regardless just make your plans this year to attend JET FEST 2005 on Lake Corpus Christi you definitely wont encounter anything like that gator!
But at JET FEST 2005 you will encounter a lot of things like this!!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913DSCF5034.JPG
So guess we will see you all at JET FEST 2005!

Ziggy
02-02-2005, 04:20 PM
:sqeyes: whoa! that is why I love not living in Houston anymore!! We don't have anything like that in the Colorado River!
There's a few of them around the lower river area, Martinez thru Yuma predominetly, gators will :eat: you....thats why I stopped going down there and headed up river to the Zoo.

AvengerBabe
02-02-2005, 04:33 PM
There's a few of them around the lower river area, Martinez thru Yuma predominetly, gators will :eat: you....thats why I stopped going down there and headed up river to the Zoo.
yeah, but I heard that they only eat "brown trout".... :eek:

Second "PLACE"
02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
It was not lake Conroe, these pictures have floated all over the internet and each time it is on a different lake?? My guess is this quote is more correct! Regardless just make your plans this year to attend JET FEST 2005 on Lake Corpus Christi you definitely wont encounter anything like that gator!
But at JET FEST 2005 you will encounter a lot of things like this!!!http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913DSCF5034.JPG
HELL I like Texas !!!!!!! :D Might need to make that trip!

Eliminator 4 Life
02-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Hello Texas I love you ha ha :idea: :D I wwonder the drive time pulling probably just a lil past Havasu haha

Ziggy
02-02-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah, but I heard that they only eat "brown trout".... :eek:
LOL :p ---can't pull one over on you eh? GJB was wrong :D :D

HOSS
02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Thats gotta be a photochop. With the deer size your looking at a gator well over 20 feet in length. They just don`t get that big. Not anymore at least. They get trapped before that.

Slick
02-02-2005, 10:32 PM
I thought it might be a photot chop by looking at the first pic. but the second pic doesn't look like a chop.

mbrown2
02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
My cousins live in Boca Raton and their house backs up to one of the canals...about a mile back off the intercoastal....they live and the the sort of cul de sac of the canal....dock with shade and the gators sleep under the dock.
Couple of times I have been back there I have saw the gators sunning on their back lawn or hanging out with eyes above water under the dock....and yes my cousin Wakeboards back there on the same canal....and you try not to fall. :cry:

Phat Matt
02-02-2005, 10:44 PM
They are real pics. Here is the real story and more pics.
Gator truth (http://southeast.fws.gov/news/2004/r04-073.html)

HOSS
02-03-2005, 07:45 AM
My uncle`s name is Charles Frank. He has the record gator. It ain`t that big! He displays the entire skin at the Waterfowl and Woodcarving Unlimited shows.
I see, you saw it on the internet so its gotta be true. Maybe thats a yearling in its mouth but it doesn`t appear to be to me. No spots either.

HOSS
02-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Notice the huge wake in front of deer ain the first picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,photochop.
Notice the entire deer under water in second pic yet gators head and snout is out of water,,,,,,photochop.
Bring `em on boys.,

Backtanner
02-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Either the deer head is just facing the wrong way or that gator is swimming backwards.

Forkin' Crazy
02-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Notice the entire deer under water in second pic yet gators head and snout is out of water,,,,,,photochop.
Doesn't look like to to me. That pic surfaced about year ago. Damn Hoss, you ever leave N.O.?
Hell I got bigger gators in the bayou in front of my house!!! Doesn't really bother me until they get after the dogs in the back yard. Then I eat fried gator for about a week! :cool:

HOSS
02-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Doesn't look like to to me. That pic surfaced about year ago. Damn Hoss, you ever leave N.O.?
Hell I got bigger gators in the bayou in front of my house!!! Doesn't really bother me until they get after the dogs in the back yard. Then I eat fried gator for about a week! :cool:
How`d that deer fit between the stumps in the second pic? I`d think at least a little mud would kick up. But hell its the internet,,,,anything is possible. Even Tom Brown on the moon! :p

Forkin' Crazy
02-03-2005, 10:39 AM
How? The gator weighs 500# plus I would guess, being I use to hunt them, and the deer weighs 50 to 75#.....
If you have ever messed with one of these things alive, you might have a better insight to their agility.
Here is one I caught crossing a road in Cameron Parish. Yes I was running backwards in a circle to get this pic. Notice how the tail was photo chopped in to being a blur enhancing movement...
LOL!!!!! :jawdrop:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/767gatorturn.jpg

ratso
02-03-2005, 10:42 AM
FAWK THEM GATORS... I'm staying a little farther north.

Phat Matt
02-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Notice the huge wake in front of deer ain the first picture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,photochop.
Bring `em on boys.,
Go to my link in the earlier post. Why would the Fish and Wildlife put up fake pics on their government website?
I say they are real.

HOSS
02-03-2005, 04:32 PM
50- 75 lb deer. What the hell is it a dwarf. I`m looking at it! Its grown. The pic of the gator you put up might be 6 foot. Thats tip to tip.

HOSS
02-03-2005, 04:34 PM
Messed with them alive I might know? Are you phucin` kiddin` me? In Irish Bayou I`ve stuck at least 100 with my bowfishin` rig. You guys are funny.