PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts and Prayers please..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:38 PM
as some of you know.. My little brother and his wife just had a baby a month ago.. I just got a call and she stopped breathing last night. they did CPR on her and got her breathing again and are now at Loma linda childrens hospital having her monitered.. they had a name for what it might be but I can not remember. :( .. this is their first child. she had a still born a while ago and tried again and had a beautiful baby girl.. so please can you take a few minutes and help with some prayers.. I have activated our prayer chain here.. thank you so much.. :(

topless
02-04-2005, 12:41 PM
as some of you know.. My little brother and his wife just had a baby a month ago.. I just got a call and she stopped breathing last night. they did CPR on her and got her breathing again and are now at Loma linda childrens hospital having her monitered.. they had a name for what it might be but I can not remember. :( .. this is their first child. she had a still born a while ago and tried again and had a beautiful baby girl.. so please can you take a few minutes and help with some prayers.. I have activated our prayer chain here.. thank you so much.. :(
Prayers on the way..............

Mrs.Racer277
Mrs.V you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

my olds
consider it done.....

Aqua Boogie1
02-04-2005, 12:42 PM
Prayers go out to you and your family................ :smile:

Tom Brown
02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
Your niece and your entire family have my best wishes.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-04-2005, 12:43 PM
God bless the little girl....

Johnwithjm
02-04-2005, 12:45 PM
God bless and I am praying for them.

racecar.hotshoe
02-04-2005, 12:46 PM
A big prayer for the little one!

redi4fun
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Consider it done.... :clover:

esabataj
02-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I hope the little one is OK MFV. You know Debra and I'll gladly pray for them . Are you OK? Its really been raining hard and fast on You and Jamie. BTW how's your little boy? Is he back up to speed yet. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you guys also.
Richard

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:51 PM
I hope the little one is OK MFV. You know Debra and I'll gladly pray for them . Are you OK? Its really been raining hard and fast on You and Jamie. BTW how's your little boy? Is he back up to speed yet. Our thoughts and prayers are still with you guys also.
Richard
thank you everyone.. it is greatly appritiated..
our rain is getting harder.. you ever feel you are falling down a tunnel and there is no light to be seen.. welcome to the dark side..
trying very hard to hold it together..

Ziggy
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Prayers coming the baby's direction.
Was it SIDS?

HCS
02-04-2005, 12:52 PM
My prayers are being said. :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Prayers coming the baby's direction.
Was it SIDS?
no they called it something else.. she was foaming and jerking but it wasn't a seizer ( spck)..

Bre
02-04-2005, 12:56 PM
She is in our thoughts... my cousin lost their baby a little while ago, I hope they don't have to go through that. :clover:

Her454
02-04-2005, 12:57 PM
...thoughts and prayers Char..... :(

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:57 PM
She is in our thoughts... my cousin lost their baby a little while ago, I hope they don't have to go through that. :clover:
thank you sweetie.. I am sorry about your loss.. I remember you saying that. I hope they don't either.

esabataj
02-04-2005, 12:58 PM
our rain is getting harder.. you ever feel you are falling down a tunnel and there is no light to be seen.. welcome to the dark side..
Hang in there sweetie!!! You have an awful lot of people that love ya and care about you. Just remember that. If you get sliding down too fast just look for the hands reaching out to help you. One of them will be mine and I'll do my best to pull ya back into the light. That # you have works. Use it if you need it.
XOXOXOXO

MRS FLYIN VEE
thank you everyone.. :(

racecar.hotshoe
Im with you Mrs V we just went through a ton of dark times,We wish all the best to you and your family!

Bre
thank you sweetie.. I am sorry about your loss.. I remember you saying that. I hope they don't either.
Yeah they are still doing bad... I don't know if I could ever be the same again either. Keep us updated please :clover:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Hang in there sweetie!!! You have an awful lot of people that love ya and care about you. Just remember that. If you get sliding down too fast just look for the hands reaching out to help you. One of them will be mine and I'll do my best to pull ya back into the light. That # you have works. Use it if you need it.
XOXOXOXO
:cry: thank you so very much. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Yeah they are still doing bad... I don't know if I could ever be the same again either. Keep us updated please :clover:
I will thank you..

FMluvswater
02-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Very scary. Thoughts and prayers for the thriving health of the lil girl and strength to the parents regardless. :clover:

redneckgirl
02-04-2005, 01:04 PM
May God bless you and your family!!!
RNG

BoatFloating
02-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Mrs V, I take it it's your brother that lives out here by me????? Our prayers are with them and you....... If I can do anything for them while there busy at the hospital to check on animals etc let me know..........

OGShocker
02-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Done and will continue to.

Mrs Luvnlife
02-04-2005, 01:08 PM
Very sad! Our thoughts & prayers are with you all!
The Luvnlife's

MsDrmr
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Hon, absolutely, prayers are out and for you to the big guy above. Please let us know what happens.

RiverDave
02-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Charmaine, I'm so sory to hear that. :( I'm happy that they know CPR and were able to implement that until they could get him to the Hospital. I took some CPR classes in highschool, but I think I'd like to go back and take some refresher courses. (With all the drinking / water out at the river you never know right?) The baby is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.
RD

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Mrs V, I take it it's your brother that lives out here by me????? Our prayers are with them and you....... If I can do anything for them while there busy at the hospital to check on animals etc let me know..........
Thannk you Rocky.. yes they are the ones by you.. and thank you for the offer.. my mom is there now also. :smile:

Dr. Eagle
02-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Coming at you... thinking good thoughts...

dmontzsta
02-04-2005, 01:14 PM
God Bless her.

Red Eye
02-04-2005, 01:42 PM
Wow... please give them our prayers and thoughts for a healthy recovery.

dicudmore
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
we're thinking of you and them for sure :frown:

MAINEVENT
02-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Wow sorry to hear this we went through some of these horrible experiences with our kids and its not fun hope all comes out to the best to you and your family
Wishing your Fam all the best
Alex & Co and fam

Mrs.HLB1
02-04-2005, 01:46 PM
Prayers going out to you & your family. Please keep us posted.

RiverOtter
02-04-2005, 01:50 PM
So sorry to hear, They will be in our prayers.

syke-o
02-04-2005, 01:53 PM
so sorry to hear that... thoughts and prayers on the way....

barbigrl
02-04-2005, 02:11 PM
I am really sorry to hear that....Your family is in my prayers!

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 02:20 PM
thank all again for the thoughts and prayers..

1978 Rogers
02-04-2005, 02:32 PM
I hope she's OK. Praying right now for the little one.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I hope she's OK. Praying right now for the little one.
thank you.. I haven't heard anything yet.. :frown:

bunny 166
02-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Oh Char, I'm so sorry---thinking of you and praying... :clover:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Oh Char, I'm so sorry---thinking of you and praying... :clover:
thank you sweetie.. :wink:
( it was also very nice to meet you and the hubby.. ) :wink:

bunny 166
02-04-2005, 02:40 PM
thank you sweetie.. :wink:
( it was also very nice to meet you and the hubby.. ) :wink:
:wink: likewise :wink:

TheLurker
02-04-2005, 02:51 PM
I hope this will be an isolated event :clover: .
Your niece will be in our prayers.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I hope this will be an isolated event :clover: .
Your niece will be in our prayers.
thank you.. I am hoping the same.. ;)

Second "PLACE"
02-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Many Prayers to you and yours

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Many Prayers to you and yours
thank you.. :wink:

Flyinbowtie
02-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Mrs. Vee;
We are praying for your family.
This sounds very much like what we went through with our #2 son, now almost 17.
Please post what the medical word is when you can. If it is the same illness, I will have some info for you and them...

Irishgal
02-04-2005, 03:16 PM
The baby and family are in my thoughts and prayers. God Bless.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Mrs. V
You, your niece and her family are in our prayers daily...........
I will be wishing for the best luck :clover: :clover: possible !!!
Tell them to stay strong, that we are all praying for them and thinking of them everyday. :clover:
God Bless this baby girl !!!!!

Mrs. Restless22
02-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Char...
your family is having a prayer said for them as I type.
Having a baby on the way and thinking about these things makes me realize how much love a mom&dad can have for their children. I cannot imagine that pain, I only hope the best for their baby girl. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 04:52 PM
thank you everybody.. I am waiting on a call from my sister. and I will update this.. thank you all again..I can't say it enough. :smile:

mirvin
02-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Hope everything works out Miss V.
mirvin

shadow
02-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Your niece is in good hands at Loma Linda Childrens. We will add her and your family in our prayers.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Your niece is in good hands at Loma Linda Childrens. We will add her and your family in our prayers.
thank you..
I just got an update and they really do not know anything yet.. they had said it could be sleep apnia.. but pediatrition thinks not..
apparently she has a hard time breathing while sleeping and gags alot. that's all I know..
being a new mother she is doing everything by a book that is called Mommy and me.. well she is listening to the book and laying her on her back. Hopefully this is the problem and she will lay her on her side.

Mrs. Restless22
02-04-2005, 05:33 PM
thank you..
I just got an update and they really do not know anything yet.. they had said it could be sleep apnia.. but pediatrition thinks not..
apparently she has a hard time breathing while sleeping and gags alot. that's all I know..
being a new mother she is doing everything by a book that is called Mommy and me.. well she is listening to the book and laying her on her back. Hopefully this is the problem and she will lay her on her side.
Well thats good news. She made it through the night and with more prayers everything will be fine.
My sister actually had that same problem when she was a baby. She was rushed to the hospital many times for breathing problems and convulsions...turns out she needed her tonsils removed because they were overgrown and blocking her airway.
Hopefully its something minor like this and we will see their baby girl in Havasu soon! :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 05:35 PM
Well thats good news. She made it through the night and with more prayers everything will be fine.
My sister actually had that same problem when she was a baby. She was rushed to the hospital many times for breathing problems and convulsions...turns out she needed her tonsils removed because they were overgrown and blocking her airway.
Hopefully its something minor like this and we will see their baby girl in Havasu soon! :rollside:
that also runs on her side of the family.. thanks and I hope that is all it is.. :wink:

Flyinbowtie
02-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Char,
This does not sound like what we went through with Justin, he was hyperglycemic, his pancreas was overproducing insulin, it was out of control and drove his blood sugar to zero more than once.
I can tell you this to pass along to your family.
The professional people who work in neonatal units are the best of the best, and they work there because they love children. I have first hand knowledge of this, and first hand experience with the power of prayer.
Jusitn spent the first 23 days of his life at the UC Davis Hospital in Sacramento, in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit, one nurse per one child. He flat-lined 4 times during his first five days of life.
When we finally brought him home, we were told to be prepared to raise a "severely developmentally disabled child", and they gave us the example that they did not think he would ever tie his own shoes.
He is taking his second behind the wheel driver training lesson today, the only issue he fights is a speech impediment, and mild to moderate ADD. He was held back one year in school, and does struggle to get decent grades, but other than that, a normal kid.
The Chief of Neonatology at UCD has a reunion every year for graduates of the ICU. We took Justin every year until he was five.
He calls Justin a miracle child.
Our best to your sis and family, and the prayer chain is in operation...

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Char,
This does not sound like what we went through with Justin, he was hyperglycemic, his pancreas was overproducing insulin, it was out of control and drove his blood sugar to zero more than once.
I can tell you this to pass along to your family.
The professional people who work in neonatal units are the best of the best, and they work there because they love children. I have first hand knowledge of this, and first hand experience with the power of prayer.
Jusitn spent the first 23 days of his life at the UC Davis Hospital in Sacramento, in the Neonatal Intensive Care unit, one nurse per one child. He flat-lined 4 times during his first five days of life.
When we finally brought him home, we were told to be prepared to raise a "severely developmentally disabled child", and they gave us the example that they did not think he would ever tie his own shoes.
He is taking his second behind the wheel driver training lesson today, the only issue he fights is a speech impediment, and mild to moderate ADD. He was held back one year in school, and does struggle to get decent grades, but other than that, a normal kid.
The Chief of Neonatology at UCD has a reunion every year for graduates of the ICU. We took Justin every year until he was five.
He calls Justin a miracle child.
Our best to your sis and family, and the prayer chain is in operation...
you and your wife are very blessed to have such a great son and I apploud you .. he is a miricle . I couldn't imagine going through what you did . but look at him now.. it was worth every minute you spent next to his bed with sleepless nights and tears that were hard to wipe away,. you will soon have a man on your hands then it will be hard to let him go on his own.. God blessed you with him.. and he blessed your son for having two great people to watch over him. Thank you so much for the prayer chain. there is a reason behind this we just need to look between the lines and find it.. :smile:

Debbolas
02-04-2005, 06:11 PM
I'm sorry for your trouble, your family is in our prayers......
You know they change their mind about how to lay the babies to sleep, it use to be on their bellies, then their backs, now I guess it is their sides.....

Midlife Advantage
02-04-2005, 06:15 PM
You got it, we are with you girl.

XTRM22
02-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey CHar, you and your family are in my prayers as well, these posts always touch me since me and mrs XTRM22 couldn't have children. WIth the wife's experience (10 years in cath lab specials, 5 years as a rescue nurse on a helicopter, and 3 years in organ transplant) I have faith in the medical profession' ability to do their magic.
CHuck

jbtrailerjim
02-04-2005, 06:26 PM
I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. :frown:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 06:32 PM
thank you again everyone..

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers form our family to yours and theirs. Hang in there.
thank you.. we are still waiting for tests..

Parker Dreamin
02-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Thoughts and prayers form our family to yours and theirs. Hang in there.

Artv
02-04-2005, 07:59 PM
Your family is in our prayers.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Your family is in our prayers.
thank you..

AirtimeLavey
02-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Wish you and your family well...in this very tough time. Stay strong...

Seriously?
02-04-2005, 08:35 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :clover:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 08:37 PM
thank you.. ;)

Daytona100
02-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Miss V I,ve never personnally met you but you seem like a great person. It seems like you have been thru alot of hardship lately. I hope all will work out for the best and youll have a great rest of the year. If I ever run into you and the hubby in havasu the drinks are on me. Good luck and keep up the great positive attitude your known for. :) :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 08:40 PM
Miss V I,ve never personnally met you but you seem like a great person. It seems like you have been thru alot of hardship lately. I hope all will work out for the best and youll have a great rest of the year. If I ever run into you and the hubby in havasu the drinks are on me. Good luck and keep up the great positive attitude your known for. :) :)
thank you very much.. I appritiate the compliment. I am trying very hard to hold it together.. thank you. and I will take you up on the offer of the first round if you will let us get the second. :shift:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-04-2005, 08:43 PM
my prayers are with you and your family

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-04-2005, 08:44 PM
my prayers are with you and your family
thank you..

ELVIS
02-04-2005, 08:50 PM
my yougest son was born there (premature) the care there is first rate.
prayers for child & family.

Beautiful Noise
02-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Mrs Flyin Vee, You and your family will be in my Thoughts and Prayers.

KACHINA KEN
02-05-2005, 06:26 AM
on the way...
TTT

JackieV
02-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Mrs. V, our thoughts, prayers and wishes of strength are with you and especially with your niece. Can you give me her name, I'd like to add her to the morning prayer at church and let everyone know.
She is an Angel of God.
Mr. & Mrs. JackieV :clover:

IN2-IN2MX
02-06-2005, 12:30 AM
Ohhhhh :frown: . I feel terrible. We just saw you tonight at the Supercross and had no idea. Sorry to hear what is going on.
Everything will work out. We will both be thinking of you and your family.
It was nice seeing you sweetie.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Char, our prayers have been with you and your family. Have you gotten any updates? :confused:

WYRD
02-08-2005, 10:59 AM
We are wishing God's good grace be spread to all of your family and to the baby girl!!

rvrtoy
02-08-2005, 12:46 PM
WOW...I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier!
My families thoughts and prayers are the little girl and your family.
What is her name?

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Bump.........just wanted to know if there was any good news?? :( :redface:

missboatnam1
02-08-2005, 09:09 PM
my prayers to all them :frown: ...any news?

rvrtoy
02-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Bump...any updates??

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
02-09-2005, 08:39 AM
I hope things are going better........... is there any updates you can give out???

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm sorry I just saw the replies..
The update on Ashlyn are they think it was an isolated insodent. they did many tests on her and could not find anything. She came home last night and seems to be doing well. they are still watching her so they are sleeping with one eye open. thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. you all are such great people I love you guys. I will let everyone know if there are any changes.
once again I can not thank you all enough. Bless all of you.
xoxoxo's Charmaine ( AKA Mrs. V) :smile:

dicudmore
02-09-2005, 08:46 AM
The update on Ashlyn are they think it was an isolated insodent. they did many tests on her and could not find anything. She came home last night and seems to be doing well. they are still watching her so they are sleeping with one eye open. thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. you all are such great people I love you guys. I will let everyone know if there are any changes.
thanks for the update Char :wink:
Glad to hear she is home :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-09-2005, 08:48 AM
thanks for the update Char :wink:
Glad to hear she is home :D
thank you.. I am glad too. :D

Mrs.Racer277
02-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear she is home. :) We will continue with the prayers for her and the family.
Dia

Red Eye
02-09-2005, 10:05 AM
That's great...let them know we're happy about the good news.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-09-2005, 10:05 AM
That's great...let them know we're happy about the good news.
I will do that. Thank You.. :)

redi4fun
02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
GREAT NEWS TO START THE DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!! :D
Tell them to look into renting a breathing monitor for awhile. It has an audible alarm that lets them know if the baby stops breathing. Will not only give them piece of mind, but will allow them to sleep in comfort. Cheap insurance to protect their child.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-09-2005, 11:00 AM
GREAT NEWS TO START THE DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!! :D
Tell them to look into renting a breathing monitor for awhile. It has an audible alarm that lets them know if the baby stops breathing. Will not only give them piece of mind, but will allow them to sleep in comfort. Cheap insurance to protect their child.
I will let them know and thank you.. I think they should invest in one myself.. :)