PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator has THE BEST customer service

grads2112
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I just wanted to share the fantastic experience I had buying a boat from Eliminator. I was one of the many people that bought a boat from them at the boat show back in February and I took delivery of it yesterday. When I purchased the boat I ordered what I considered quite a few "custom" items and was a little concerned that they wouldn't all get completed the way I wanted because I had no way of stopping in and checking being that I live in No. Cal. During the consrtuction Tony was constantly calling and checking with me making sure that it did turn out exactly how I ordered it. Well, I'm here to tell you that it exceeded my expectations which was hard to do. Then, to top it all off, Bob Leach took me for a water test in it! How often does the owner of a comapny take you for a test drive in your boat? Do you think I was a little nervous having a legend like Bob Leach sitting next to me showing me how to drive it? Hell Yes!!! Eliminator also let me borrow 3 sets of props to try out to see which ones I like best. Now thats customer service. Thanks again to Bob, Tony, Jim, Kenny, Pete, Jake, Jeff from Wired for Sound, Stephanie and anyone else I have forgotten.
P.S. Jake is going to be mad at me that I couldn't actually post the pics in this thread, just a link.

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2006, 07:45 AM
Who's "Eliminator"? :confused:

phebus
04-21-2006, 07:50 AM
Good looking boat, post some details.

MagicMtnDan
04-21-2006, 07:53 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13107

MagicMtnDan
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13108

MagicMtnDan
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13109

MagicMtnDan
04-21-2006, 07:54 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13110

Dave C
that came out great.
If you ever make it out to Berryessa or one of the Delta lunch runs, I wanna come check it out.
P.S. don't mind HH, he was abused as a child.... :crossx:

MagicMtnDan
That's a GREAT looking boat! Good luck with it :cool:

Mrs 2LKHVSU
04-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Our Eliminator Deck Boat is almost 8 years old and Bob Leach has always provided great service to us!

grads2112
04-21-2006, 08:10 AM
It has 525's with Sportmaster lowers. Bob took us out to Elsinore to test it and our first run we clicked off 107 m.p.h. at only 4700 r.p.m.'s

phebus
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
It has 525's with Sportmaster lowers. Bob took us out to Elsinore to test it and our first run we clicked off 107 m.p.h. at only 4700 r.p.m.'s
Very nice!!! Congratulations :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Wow! That came out nice!! Please park down the beach from me. You will jock all my hos!!

phebus
04-21-2006, 08:19 AM
You should post this in the DCB and Rhino section (cats and tunnels).
There needs to be some sense of balance down there. :)

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2006, 09:17 AM
P.S. don't mind HH, he was abused as a child.... :crossx:
That's a prerequisite to get a moderator job.
:messedup:

RiverToysJas
04-21-2006, 09:25 AM
That's a prerequisite to get a moderator job.
:messedup:
I knew it! .......I have to go have a talk with my parents... http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/dry.gif
RTJas :D

Havasu Hangin'
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I knew it! .......I have to go have a talk with my parents... http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/dry.gif
RTJas :D
Sorry you had to learn about it here...
:cry:

Up 4 River
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Very good looking boat. I like the colors and it's good to hear positive stories about boat builders.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Greg congrats on your new boat. You should be able to get about 10 more clicks out of it in the MPH what props did you choose :cool:

grads2112
04-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Greg congrats on your new boat. You should be able to get about 10 more clicks out of it in the MPH what props did you choose :cool:
I'm thinking a 30p 5 blade might be perfect but we'll see. I'm currently testing 28p 5 blade, 32p 5 blade, and a 34p 4 blade. Ill let you know the results.

HocusPocus
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
great looking boat.. its nice to hear things about manufacturers who believe in good customer support.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm thinking a 30p 5 blade might be perfect but we'll see. I'm currently testing 28p 5 blade, 32p 5 blade, and a 34p 4 blade. Ill let you know the results.
Right on now you dont have any reason not to go to the regatta better call and book your room :)

HammerDown
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, I know mine is smaller, 21' Daytona and much older (83)...when I called them for some simple questions about it, seemed like they could care less.
Guess it's time to drop a big nut. :squiggle:
PS. nice looking craft...good luck with it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
04-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Beautiful boat. :p

a catered life
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
nice boat and congrats. :rollside: ...i agree...when we bought our used boat last year i wanted to take it to them for a official once over...chuy in the service department was awesome....i even programmed the voice activated dialing in my cellphone as chuy.....my boat is a 89 and the service department treated me like i was buying a new boat.....i had no experience with a prop driven boat and the new size...we had a 19' jet and moved up to a 25' i/o....big jump for us........i didnt know anything about this boat and the eliminator crew walked me through every question i had.......needless to say we had to bring it back two weeks later for something i screwed up and they were like no problem we'll fix it
nice job eliminator :p

grads2112
06-22-2006, 09:44 PM
bump..its not that often that positive comments last long

INSman
06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Wow! That came out nice!! Please park down the beach from me. You will jock all my hos!!
You are a funny guy Mikey !! :)

INSman
06-22-2006, 10:38 PM
bump..its not that often that positive comments last long
How did you make out on insurance ??

grads2112
06-23-2006, 04:27 AM
How did you make out on insurance ??
Insurance is $6500 a year with a 5 month lay up period...OUCH!!!!

RitcheyRch
06-23-2006, 04:37 AM
Ouch is right.

MBlaster
06-23-2006, 05:17 AM
Guess I'll be keeping the squirter a couple more years :cry:
PS Freaking beautiful boat, you should be very proud!

Moabirick
06-23-2006, 07:16 AM
I went to Eliminator yesterday to get a screw for my bimini. I walked up to the parts guy......unk name....asked him if he had any because one had backed out.....he looked at me like I was high on drugs.....he promptly told me that they are probably metric and from China and that they dont have any. I asked him if he knew where I could find one, or the name of the company that provided the bimini, website, anything, and he told me no. I told him the boat is only a few months old, you wouldnt think you would have bolts backing out on you....he was no help. This was a big surprise for me because we have had nothing but good service......Bob is such a nice guy...he really tries to make everything work for you......well, I wish I knew the name of the guy I talked to...all he needed to do was be nice....maybe he was having a bad day...they are busy.

Water Romper
06-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I too have had good luck with Eliminator. Bob and Stefanie are great folks! :)
I remember (years ago) going to the shop and seeing Bobs daughters playing in the pool that had some big cat sitting in it, the kids were diving off the swim platforms…I always thought that was pretty cool… :D

ThongMagnet
06-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Well, I know mine is smaller, 21' Daytona and much older (83)...when I called them for some simple questions about it, seemed like they could care less.
Guess it's time to drop a big nut. :squiggle:
PS. nice looking craft...good luck with it.
I know the feeling.
Eliminator is really busy with new boat customer, and for a price tag of well over $100K, their new customers deserve prompt attention. Older Eliminator boats over 20 years old fall into another class of boat, and the dealer, although great for questions (if you can find the old timers), is not always the place for a "Classic boat to be serviced and restored. Dealers are way to busy for restoration work.
See you at the Arizona Classic Boat Regatta: www.arizonaacbs.org

sigepmock
06-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Sure seems Eliminator has been hit and miss for the last year or so with their customer service. I've got a couple of good friends that are Elimintor junkies and even they are getting the run around half the time. If Bob's involved things go great....but if he's gone.....let's say to Shasta or something.....the shop falls apart....too bad. I've also noticed their salesmen seem to be getting a little full of themselves....a lot of 30ish year old buyer's out their are not being treated with respect by the older salesmen....and end up spending their money with another building simply because they felt the Eliminator salesmen were looking down on them....like there was no way THEY could afford an Eliminator.
Again too bad....they can make a great boat and can be a really good group....hope Bob get's them all in line again.
Chris

Go Ciggie
06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Congrats on the new ride, it is beautiful! - :cool:
Sounds like Eliminator and Bob took care of you and did a proper new toy delivery- great to hear about good things in the marine industry.
looking forward to seeing it runnin in the B2B :cool:
be safe,

grads2112
06-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Sure seems Eliminator has been hit and miss for the last year or so with their customer service. I've got a couple of good friends that are Elimintor junkies and even they are getting the run around half the time. If Bob's involved things go great....but if he's gone.....let's say to Shasta or something.....the shop falls apart....too bad. I've also noticed their salesmen seem to be getting a little full of themselves....a lot of 30ish year old buyer's out their are not being treated with respect by the older salesmen....and end up spending their money with another building simply because they felt the Eliminator salesmen were looking down on them....like there was no way THEY could afford an Eliminator.
Again too bad....they can make a great boat and can be a really good group....hope Bob get's them all in line again.
Chris
Thats a load of bullcrap! I'm one of those 30ish people, 36 to be exact and they treated me with nothing but respect.

sigepmock
06-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Thats a load of bullcrap! I'm one of those 30ish people, 36 to be exact and they treated me with nothing but respect.
Wow I guess you know the instances I was talking about better than I, funny I don't remember seeing you there.......Maybe a better way of saying what you said above would simply be to discribe how well you were treated and not take shots at something you know nothing about. Calling it bullcrap is saying I'm a lier and that bothers me. I'm glad you got a great boat and they took care of you.....not everyone has been so lucky lately, PM me if you'd like details. I'm not on here to start an argument simply stating that I think it's a shame that a few bad apples are hurting the Eliminator reputation. Again glad you were taken care of and are happy with your boat.
Chris

Charley
06-25-2006, 10:53 AM
#1 Congrats on a very nice looking boat and I agree with you, the good stuff doesn't seem to stay up long enough on these boards. Grads2112 I'm glad you had a good experience and hopefully that continues, but don't just assume that your experience is reflective of the only way people get handled at Eliminator. I fly my DCB flag high and proud, but I'm also aware there are people who have not had an acceptable experience with them either. Unfortunately a bad choice of words and or negative reactions by an employee in response to a customer issue is possible and does happen, and it happens everywhere. They key to good consistent service is to keep that crap to a minimum, unfortunately the more employees you have the more likely for a bad seed. It's the nature of the beast... good luck with your Ride and work a little harder on that Insurance rate, seems a little high to me! :(

Phat Daddy
06-25-2006, 10:53 AM
So much for this thread staying positive :220v: :yuk: . Anyway... nice looking boat you got and it's great to hear you had a positive buying experience know matter who the builder is. It always makes everything feel that much better when you spend that kind of money and are treated the way you were. I'm on my 3rd Eliminator over here and have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with Eliminator..... but that's just me. :crossx: :rolleyes:

No Name
06-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Looks like I’ll be sticking with the Vee bottom. :mad: