PDA

View Full Version : Tips for selling your boat

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 07:11 AM
Well we decided to put our boat up for sale, probably will do it right before Memorial day and hope to see it go some time during the season. (we have a memorial trip planned) If it sells it sells if not then I guess we get beat to sh*t until it does. lol :wink:
What are some of the key things that buyers look at so I can get those things fixed or touched up before I list it. Also what is the maxium amount of $ you should spend to get these things taken care of, or should I just list at a "as is" price.
Thinking of getting some of the hull scratches taken out (from beaching) getting new trailer tires, getting the trailer touched up, maybe replace the rub rail. I only need trailer tires because I had my spare on too long which wasnt the same as the regular tires, so the regular tires kind of warped. :mad: (rookie mistake)
Any one have hook up with trailer tires and or gel coat repairs?? :D :D :D

Essex29
02-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Well we decided to put our boat up for sale, probably will do it right before Memorial day and hope to see it some time during the season. (we have a memorial trip planned) If it sells it sells if not then I guess we get beat to sh*t until it does. lol :wink:
What are some of the key things that buyers look at so I can get those things fixed or touched up before I list it. Also what is the maxium amount of $ you should spend to get these things taken care of, or should I just list at a "as is" price.
Thinking of getting some of the hull scratches taken out (from beaching) getting new trailer tires, getting the trailer touched up, maybe replace the rub rail. I only need trailer tires because I had my spare on too long which wasnt the same as the regular tires, so the regular tires kind of warped. :mad: (rookie mistake)
Here are a couple of idea's..
1. Make sure it's clean, really clean
2. Don't try to mask any problems, get it fixed or tell them about it
3. Make sure you don't overprice it....it will sit forever and you don't want to trade it in!
4. Make sure it's running good and the batteries are charged up(inside joke).
Good Luck!!

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 07:22 AM
3. Make sure you don't overprice it....it will sit forever and you don't want to trade it in!
Good Luck!!
The only realy problem is there is a cd stuck in the cd player, but we have a cd changer, so we have not got it taken care of. Think that's a big issue, don't really want to spend the $ on getting that fixed.
As far as pricing goes we would just want what we owe, which I still have to find out what that is. The new model base price is $30k. (21' skier) I probably wont ask for anything more then that. (ours 2003 with 95 hrs)

a catered life
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Good Luck!!
good advise and i agree completely. we were in the used market for about 2-3 months and those were some of the main things that caught our eyes. one thing to add make sure its able to crank up and run :cry: so many people want to sell a boat but some didnt start. not a good way to sell a boat :frown: i didnt mind buying a used boat but no one wants another mans headache good luck make sure you post it in the boat trader i bought it every week with out fail

manuel
02-07-2005, 07:32 AM
Right NOW is a good time to put it up for sale, if you search boat trader online and eBay there are small numbers of boats for sale compared to the spring and summer, and people are doing their taxes and will be getting their returns and will have a little extra money,
another tip is to sell it ready to go, ropes, life jackets, fire extinguisher, paddle, dock fenders, all the little things, good luck, Manuel

BarryMac
02-07-2005, 07:33 AM
The only realy problem is there is a cd stuck in the cd player, but we have a cd changer, so we have not got it taken care of. Think that's a big issue, don't really want to spend the $ on getting that fixed.
As far as pricing goes we would just want what we owe, which I still have to find out what that is. The new model base price is $30k. (21' skier) I probably wont ask for anything more then that. (ours 2003 with 95 hrs)
SS, I want to tell you about my buying experience. I bought Mandelon's former boat, when he and I began the negotiatting process he was very upfront with me, he masked none of the problems even pointing them out to me, when you have that kind of person selling you anything you definitely feel more comfortable buying from them. If everyone that I bought something from was as upfront as he was I would never have a problem buying anything. Long story short, just be honest like I can tell that you are and you wont have any problems.
BTW, If you don't want the hassle of putting tires on the trailer just point it out, if the buyer wants the boat bad enough he will negotiate the price with the expense of having to install new shoes for the trailer.

Rocky
02-07-2005, 07:44 AM
Put it for sale right now. Steam clean the carpet put new tires on ($135 otd from discount) clean the thing up real good. Everybody is starting to look for a new boat now. I sold my jet in one week this time last year in AZ.

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Right NOW is a good time to put it up for sale, if you search boat trader online and eBay there are small numbers of boats for sale compared to the spring and summer, and people are doing their taxes and will be getting their returns and will have a little extra money,
another tip is to sell it ready to go, ropes, life jackets, fire extinguisher, paddle, dock fenders, all the little things, good luck, Manuel
Good advise, just not ready to part with her yet. :D I have been pondering this idea for a year now, and finally said fock it it's time, and will take her out on for one last memorial!! Maybe I'll throw in some Mrs Scuba pasties. lol :D

Jordy
02-07-2005, 07:49 AM
So what's next??? DCB with twin wackers? A Stoker??? A pontoon boat with a somewhat legendary party status??? :wink: :cool: :eek: :D

MAINEVENT
02-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Well we decided to put our boat up for sale, probably will do it right before Memorial day and hope to see it some time during the season. (we have a memorial trip planned) If it sells it sells if not then I guess we get beat to sh*t until it does. lol :wink:
When you take the pic for the ad make sure its really clean and shiney oh yeah i forgot have Mrs Scuba layout on it :D :D :D you will get more for it that way :devil:

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 07:52 AM
So what's next??? DCB with twin wackers? A Stoker??? A pontoon boat with a somewhat legendary party status??? :wink: :cool: :eek: :D
No cat's, no Stoker, and no water taxi. :2purples: :cool:
Honestly we don't know what we are going to get, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I can't forget about Trident either. :cool:

Jordy
02-07-2005, 07:56 AM
No cat's, no Stoker, and no water taxi. :2purples: :cool:
Honestly we don't know what we are going to get, we'll have to wait and see what happens.
I can't forget about Trident either. :cool:
I think you're thinking about going the boat biatch route. I see the bigger picture here. :D :D :D
I think it's a great idea. I'm going to need help for sure. :D
Oh, and I like the Trident idea. Kicked that one around myself. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I think you're thinking about going the boat biatch route. I see the bigger picture here. :D :D :D
I think it's a great idea. I'm going to need help for sure. :D
Oh, and I like the Trident idea. Kicked that one around myself. :D
Maybe for a short time. :rollside:
Trident does = water taxi. But we'll see what happens. What are those bad boys starting at? :confused:

phebus
02-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Clean it up, have the Mrs. there, and don't let the buyer bring their wife with them. Done deal!! :D

Jordy
02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Trident does = water taxi. But we'll see what happens. What are those bad boys starting at? :confused:
I remember a range a while back, but haven't heard anything solid now that one really exists. :confused:

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 08:06 AM
Clean it up, have the Mrs. there, and don't let the buyer bring their wife with them. Done deal!! :D
lol... :D

Nubbs
02-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Make sure the ski locker has NO WATER in it. I can't remember how many boats I looked at that had puddles of water in the ski locker. I know a little water in the ski locker won't hurt anything, but it's just an indication that the owner probably didn't take great care of the boat. I was looking at a boat a while back, when I lifted the ski locker I saw an empty beer can floating in water. I passed on that one.
As far as tips on pricing, well, I can't stand when somebody says I just want what I owe. A boat is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what is owed. I tried to stay away from sellers that said they wanted what they owed. However, that's just a personal peeve.
Good luck selling.
Nubbs

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Make sure the ski locker has NO WATER in it. I can't remember how many boats I looked at that had puddles of water in the ski locker. I know a little water in the ski locker won't hurt anything, but it's just an indication that the owner probably didn't take great care of the boat. I was looking at a boat a while back, when I lifted the ski locker I saw an empty beer can floating in water. I passed on that one.
As far as tips on pricing, well, I can't stand when somebody says I just want what I owe. A boat is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. It doesn't matter what is owed. I tried to stay away from sellers that said they wanted what they owed. However, that's just a personal peeve.
Good luck selling.
Nubbs
Well if I can not get what I owe then I guess it's not worth selling. :confused: Or I can say I want more then what I owe and see what happens. :hammerhea :D

Sleek-Jet
02-07-2005, 10:27 AM
WTF??? No more Scuba boat??? I'm sure you can use one from "Jordy's House 'O High Perfomance".... :idea: .
As for asking price... list it high. If you try to be "fair" about it, or say that you need to get "X" amount, no one will come and look. If you have it overpriced, you should get some interest. Don't ask me why, I've sold some high ticket items in the past, and a high listing price generates more interest than a lower one. That will leave you some negotiating room as well.

a catered life
02-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Good luck selling.
Nubbs
no sh@t :mad: we looked at a boat that had left over chicken bones and a beer can floating the ski locker and the guy told us the boat has no been out for 2 months. so i asked him where did the water come from?
his answer was the morning dew :crossx: guess he thought i was a real sucker :yuk:

Mandelon
02-07-2005, 10:32 AM
SS, I want to tell you about my buying experience. I bought Mandelon's former boat, when he and I began the negotiatting process he was very upfront with me, he masked none of the problems even pointing them out to me, when you have that kind of person selling you anything you definitely feel more comfortable buying from them. If everyone that I bought something from was as upfront as he was I would never have a problem buying anything. Long story short, just be honest like I can tell that you are and you wont have any problems.
BTW, If you don't want the hassle of putting tires on the trailer just point it out, if the buyer wants the boat bad enough he will negotiate the price with the expense of having to install new shoes for the trailer.
Thanks, Barry. We both know bad news travel fast on the internet....
I agree, disclose any defects or get them fixed. A few small dingers won't stop the boat from selling, and discounting the price accordingly makes sense. A buyer of a used boat seems to expect doing a few repairs, and may actually look forward to it.
Clean, polish and wax the Aquaholic, like never before. Have your wife do it naked, and take pictures....

racecar.hotshoe
02-07-2005, 10:32 AM
there is a tiny hole on the side of the cd slot if you get a paperclip you can push it in and the cd will come out!

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 10:34 AM
WTF??? No more Scuba boat??? I'm sure you can use one from "Jordy's House 'O High Perfomance".... :idea: .
As for asking price... list it high. If you try to be "fair" about it, or say that you need to get "X" amount, no one will come and look. If you have it overpriced, you should get some interest. Don't ask me why, I've sold some high ticket items in the past, and a high listing price generates more interest than a lower one. That will leave you some negotiating room as well.
Start High and watch them buy. (I did some telemarketing in the past) :D :rollside:
I guess the lower ones, everyone thinks some thing is wrong with it. :frown:

boatnam2
02-07-2005, 10:57 AM
i think there are a few things that help sell it.get it as clean as it can be.new tires are a plus dont want to have a blow out because the guy before me didnt take care of the rubber or have to buy tires after i buy it.batteries that are newer and not going to take a shit a month after i buy it.tune up and impeller just done so its turn key and ready to go have fun.maybe a ***boat magazine it was tested in to show buyer performance of boat and god knows ***boat writers never say anything bad about a mfg could be a + to help sell.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Stay away from what you owe sellers, That is how Im selling mine, for what i owe and that is way under market value.....
So You gonna let me hook you up on a BAD ASS CONQUEST

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Stay away from what you owe sellers, That is how Im selling mine, for what i owe and that is way under market value.....
So You gonna let me hook you up on a BAD ASS CONQUEST
If Yvonne comes with it sure!! :p :cool: Heck I don't even know what I owe, probably more then the boat is worth. :220v:
Problem is no one is in the market for 21' boats. I don't see any one posting they just got a new 21 these days. :yuk: :cool:

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 11:11 AM
If Yvonne comes with it sure!! :p :cool: Heck I don't even know what I owe, probably more then the boat is worth. :220v:
Problem is no one is in the market for 21' boats. I don't see any one posting they just got a new 21 these days. :yuk: :cool:Cuz noone on these boards is buying 21's the rest of the unknowing world is......
SCUBA there is more to life than ***boat forums :cool:

jackpunx
02-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Cuz noone on these boards is buying 21's the rest of the unknowing world is......
SCUBA there is more to life than ***boat forums :cool:
Dont speak to Steve that way he gets sensi. :D
Its true.. I have two buddies.. first time buyers.. one got a 20 and the other a 19..
the one that got the 20 was an ultra jet boat open bow.. paid 20 something for it..
so they are out there.. just put pictures with chicks..
when I sold my jet boat.. I put it in the trader.. with a picture of my girlfriend at the time on the bow.. You could hardley see the boat..lol..
This guy came from Santa Barbra to buy it.. I told him he would get chicks with it..lol

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Dont speak to Steve that way he gets sensi. :D
Its true.. I have two buddies.. first time buyers.. one got a 20 and the other a 19..
the one that got the 20 was an ultra jet boat open bow.. paid 20 something for it..
so they are out there.. just put pictures with chicks..
when I sold my jet boat.. I put it in the trader.. with a picture of my girlfriend at the time on the bow.. You could hardley see the boat..lol..
This guy came from Santa Barbra to buy it.. I told him he would get chicks with it..lol
Ok so whats your excuse mark, where are the chicks

jackpunx
02-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Ok so whats your excuse mark, where are the chicks
LMAO .. .. you know better then that..lol

BarryMac
02-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Problem is no one is in the market for 21' boats. I don't see any one posting they just got a new 21 these days. :yuk: :cool:
Someone that hangs on the lower river is probably going to buy it, it's not as big boat friendly as Parker, Havasu or Mojave. My suggestion would to be Spam it in Hot Spots West if you want it on the Forums and make sure that it is in the San Diego Boat Trader.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 11:35 AM
LMAO .. .. you know better then that..lol
i know, you always have some eye candy for all of us to drool on

TrojanDan
02-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Don't worry Steve, if the boat sells quick, Monique is always welcome to come hang with us. :D :cool:
Good luck selling it BTW. What are you going to do wtih all that $$$ you spent last summer on the system?

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Don't worry Steve, if the boat sells quick, Monique is always welcome to come hang with us. :D :cool:
Good luck selling it BTW. What are you going to do wtih all that $$$ you spent last summer on the system?
Dont worry Dan, MONIQUE is already spoken for, she will be on the bruin boat below, you can have SCUBA and you guys can trojan it up over there...

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 12:29 PM
Write it off on my 2005 tax return. :p
Honestly I do not want to sell, you know I have been thinking about it for some time now. Every time I look at the cost of a new boat I get cold feet lol :)
I hope there is some young first timer out there will take it off my hands. The decent stereo should help it sell. :rollside:

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Dont worry Dan, MONIQUE is already spoken for, she will be on the bruin boat below, you can have SCUBA and you guys can trojan it up over there...
You are going to name your boat the bruin boat? Now that is gay!! :D

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I drove from OC to Temecula to look at a boat when i was buying. It was a nice Ultra and from the pics, i had high hopes. it was all looking until i asked him to fire it up. After several attempts i told him not to worry and then began the uncomfortable process of trying to leave without telling him what i thought. He called me the next week and said it was in and out of the shop and working just fine.
As fixed as it may have been, i couldn't get myself to drive all the way back out there for another look knowing that thing didn't start. I'd be pissed if that was a chronic problem that i would be stuck with.
Moral of the story-------make sure the dam thing fires up!

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 12:39 PM
I drove from OC to Temecula to look at a boat when i was buying. It was a nice Ultra and from the pics, i had high hopes. it was all looking until i asked him to fire it up. After several attempts i told him not to worry and then began the uncomfortable process of trying to leave without telling him what i thought. He called me the next week and said it was in and out of the shop and working just fine.
As fixed as it may have been, i couldn't get myself to drive all the way back out there for another look knowing that thing didn't start. I'd be pissed if that was a chronic problem that i would be stuck with.
Moral of the story-------make sure the dam thing fires up!
I thought you were not supposed to fire it up with out being in water.. j/k I do it every month or so any way. :rollside:

Mahaskier
02-07-2005, 12:51 PM
All good advise, and speaking of which I'm selling my boat a 21' Hallett Vector.
I'm going to be looking for a V-Drive. Anyone interrested drop me a line.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-07-2005, 12:53 PM
All good advise, and speaking of which I'm selling my boat a 21' Hallett Vector.
I'm going to be looking for a V-Drive. Anyone interrested drop me a line.
Scuba- now look what ya did!!! You created competition for yourself!!!! LOL

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Scuba- now look what ya did!!! You created competition for yourself!!!! LOL
Fock!!! Hope he doesnt have a stereo system. lol :D
Isnt there some one selling a Shiada V-drive on here? :D

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 01:24 PM
tell us about your boat,
HP hours regular jet or did you sup it up..
Come on bro..... damn Trojans, always have to be led on how do do things , by a bruin

Jordy
02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Isnt there some one selling a Shiada V-drive on here? :D
I think I heard that too. :D :D :D
Actually, I believe I've talked to Majaskier about it last week, or at least someone with that name as an aol address, could be a coincidence. :D

Excessive Force
02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Have a pic?

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 02:12 PM
tell us about your boat,
HP hours regular jet or did you sup it up..
Come on bro..... damn Trojans, always have to be led on how do do things , by a bruin
Why it's not for sale now. If you look at my first post it said it will be listed right before Memorial and I alread posted the hrs (see above) !! So get out your glasses you fock. :sqeyes: :hammerhea :D
Besides you arent looking to buy it. :boxingguy

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Here are the pix taken in 2003 not the best pix (taken with an old digi)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-038s-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-036s2-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-040s-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-045s-med.jpg

Jordy
02-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Besides you arent looking to buy it. :boxingguy
You never know with Mygirl. He might start having buyer's withdrawls in the next couple days or weeks and need a big ticket impulse buy. :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Strike while the coals are hot, NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 02:21 PM
You never know with Mygirl. He might start having buyer's withdrawls in the next couple days or weeks and need a big ticket impulse buy. :D :D :D
hey now only D-ROW can call me that, your still an ALLSTAR.
Im having it now, that is why im writing a check for the INSUR(rip off)ANCE

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 02:22 PM
More pix
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-031s1-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-033s2-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366Mvc-036s1-med.jpg
Super bonus pic
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366mrs_scuba_2-med.bmp

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Strike while the coals are hot, NOW IS THE TIME TO SELL
Unless you plan on letting my borrow your boat for Memorial I have to wait. :hammerhea

Jordy
02-07-2005, 02:25 PM
hey now only D-ROW can call me that, your still an ALLSTAR.
Im having it now, that is why im writing a check for the INSUR(rip off)ANCE
Wrong you are. Ask Ricky. I was inducted as an honorary member into the D-row gang. :D

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-07-2005, 02:26 PM
steve I think I may have a few close up's of the boat if you want me to post them I will.

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Wrong you are. Ask Ricky. I was inducted as an honorary member into the D-row gang. :D
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE, they will let anyone in now-a-days,
next thing you know D-row will let guys in with Wacka's

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 02:48 PM
steve I think I may have a few close up's of the boat if you want me to post them I will.
If you have them handy. If not do not worry about it. :cool:

bohica
02-07-2005, 02:50 PM
What ever you do, make sure you include the phrase "Ask your wife before you call me" in the add.
I've sold a ton of stuff over the years, and there's nothing worse than someone calling you, asking a bunch of questions, then end the call with " sounds good, let me talk to the wife." Can't count how many times I've heard that. These guys are just a waste of your time. Gotta weed them out before hand.

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-07-2005, 03:00 PM
some close ups for Steve.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/719Daves_B-day_bash_039.jpg
this is the only one I can find right now.. I know I have more. :hammerhea :wink:

MAINEVENT
02-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Super bonus pic
I've seen something like this before :rollside: :rollside: ;)

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 03:09 PM
What ever you do, make sure you include the phrase "Ask your wife before you call me" in the add.
I've sold a ton of stuff over the years, and there's nothing worse than someone calling you, asking a bunch of questions, then end the call with " sounds good, let me talk to the wife." Can't count how many times I've heard that. These guys are just a waste of your time. Gotta weed them out before hand.
Lmao... I think I have used that phrase before, but not for buying things. :cool:
Thanks Char... good one with the girls on there!! :rollside:

AquaBoogie
02-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Steve,
Now's the time to sell. I just put my add in boattrader. Actually, I wish I could have sold it prior to the new year. Now I have to pay the taxes for the year. Why don't we make a deal with a buyer? Buy one and get one for half price...yours. J/K
Good luck when you decide to sell.

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Steve,
Now's the time to sell. I just put my add in boattrader. Actually, I wish I could have sold it prior to the new year. Now I have to pay the taxes for the year. Why don't we make a deal with a buyer? Buy one and get one for half price...yours. J/K
Good luck when you decide to sell.
lol, I am sure now is the time to sell, just not ready too. If it sells when I list it, cool, if not I still have a boat to get me to point a & back. :rollside: It will just be a rough ride. lol :cool:
Good luck to you as well.

AquaBoogie
02-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks,
Here is my add on boattrader: http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?77945894
If you know anyone looking for a solid 22 footer, send them my way. If anyone comes along looking for a jet, I'll be sure to let you know.

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 03:49 PM
The boat looks good, are you stepping up?
Also you may want to add a drive shower. I didnt see one on the picture? :)

AquaBoogie
02-07-2005, 03:55 PM
The boat looks good, are you stepping up?
Also you may want to add a drive shower. I didnt see one on the picture? :)
I would add a drive shower if was keeping her.
My plan is to step up to a larger V. Would like to have something I would feel comfortable with in lake pacific. Thinking about a 28 footer or larger.

AquaBoogie
02-07-2005, 03:58 PM
More pix
Shouldn't have any problems selling the boat if it came with the nice decklid ornament. :sqeyes:

SCUBA STEVE
02-07-2005, 04:00 PM
I would add a drive shower if was keeping her.
My plan is to step up to a larger V. Would like to have something I would feel comfortable with in lake pacific. Thinking about a 28 footer or larger.
Cool, good luck :cool:

Mahaskier
02-07-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm divorced, can I borrow someones wife or girlfriend to sit on my boat in a small suit, just for a pic to help sale it?

a catered life
02-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Super bonus pic
i start the bidding and i'm not even in the market for a boat :eek: i just need to take to my girl about bring this one home :220v:

77charger
02-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Good luck selling.
Nubbs
same here when i bought my eliminator i glanced at alot of boats in the trader mainly 21s i/o a must wheter 350 or 454 went like this eliminators =usually high
ultra,caliber1=same looks lower price so i passed up the elims for sale but saw this one in the trader for 2 months decide to look bargained and bought it.it was up the street 1st impressions it looked very clean,well taken care of,stored in a warehouse covered,was payed for no money owed the batts were dead on it at the time so i couldnt see under the hatch but going by the rest of the boat i bet it was clean there too.(after looking wasnt let down)
another thing alot of newer boats for what was owed or they wanted a new one wouldnt really cost much more considering you get it first,interest eates are better,financing is easier.

Sandbar Junkies
02-07-2005, 07:36 PM
Maybe you should call MIKE BROWN. :yuk: :smile:

Havasu Cig
02-07-2005, 07:43 PM
I did not read the whole thread so maybe it has been said, but asking a fair price is the most important thing. If you ask high book it will sit for a long time.
I posted my boat for sale last night on OSO at 10:00 pm and it was sold this morning at 6:00 am. I had five people call me wanting to buy the boat. I could have got more but IMO it is not worth the extra $$$ to sit on it for six months. My.02
I will also add that a quality add with quality pics will also help. This is the add I ran and it worked better than the boat trader ever has for me...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-4056.html

AirtimeLavey
02-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Good Luck!!
What he said...(lol). I bought his old boat (see my avatar)! Funny story about test rides, starting, is it towable (while in the water), etc... :notam:
Also, do what you were thinking in your first post of this thread. If someone's buying used, they're looking at the big picture, realizing some minor things are gonna have to be dealt with. Scratches on the hull are a big picture issue of how the boat was treated - that's not a comment on you, just letting you know where I was coming from.
Good luck!

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Maybe you should call MIKE BROWN. :yuk: :smile:
I did........... :D

shueman
02-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Sell it now. Everyone is lather'd up from the Boat Shows and winter cabin fever. NADA is a good source for pricing, sometimes. Compare your boat to a comparable new purchase with similiar features. Start at the top of the price matrix if it's in top shape.

CornWater
02-07-2005, 09:20 PM
I did not read the whole thread so maybe it has been said, but asking a fair price is the most important thing. If you ask high book it will sit for a long time.
I posted my boat for sale last night on OSO at 10:00 pm and it was sold this morning at 6:00 am. I had five people call me wanting to buy the boat. I could have got more but IMO it is not worth the extra $$$ to sit on it for six months. My.02
I will also add that a quality add with quality pics will also help. This is the add I ran and it worked better than the boat trader ever has for me...
WTF??? Man that is a beautiful boat.. def going to miss seeing out at the zoo...

Kilrtoy
02-07-2005, 09:37 PM
That is a nice boat

Havasu Cig
02-08-2005, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the compliments, it has been the best boat I have owned but it's time to move on to something else. :cool:

Havasu Cig
02-08-2005, 06:26 AM
BTW; Kilrtoy, your boat came out very nice!!!

BarryMac
02-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Thanks for the compliments, it has been the best boat I have owned but it's time to move on to something else. :cool:
Hey Chris, what are you replacing the Top Gun with???

SCUBA STEVE
02-08-2005, 06:51 AM
What he said...(lol). I bought his old boat (see my avatar)! Funny story about test rides, starting, is it towable (while in the water), etc... :notam:
Also, do what you were thinking in your first post of this thread. If someone's buying used, they're looking at the big picture, realizing some minor things are gonna have to be dealt with. Scratches on the hull are a big picture issue of how the boat was treated - that's not a comment on you, just letting you know where I was coming from.
Good luck!
I beached the boat on occasion (channel & road runner), nothing serious, I just know that's one of the first things buyers look at. So I figured might as well get it touched up a bit. :D
Hey Havasu Cig, thanks for the hijack!! j/k :boxingguy :D I didnt get to see your boat, wish I would have, that thing is nice!

Kilrtoy
02-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey Chris, what are you replacing the Top Gun with???
That was my next question, how do you replace that..
Thanks on the boat...

SCUBA STEVE
02-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Well I think I just focked my self on the boat loan, I still owe $31,752. I know I would not buy a 21' jet boat for that much. I was hoping to only owe around 28k, list for 30k and get 28k for it. :rollside: Thats what I get for making the min payment all the time. Lesson learned, even though at the time I didnt think I would sell the boat this soon.
:cry:

Havasu Cig
02-08-2005, 09:28 AM
SS, sorry for the hijack...if you are only upside down a couple thousand you are not doing to bad. I always try to put enough down (if not paying cash) so that I can sell a few years down the road with out having to pay out any $$$. Good luck selling the boat, I think it is a good time to sell right now.
For those asking what I am replacing the gun with, It is smaller, quieter, faster, has two points on the bow and begins with the letter S..... ;)

CornWater
02-08-2005, 09:38 AM
SS, sorry for the hijack...if you are only upside down a couple thousand you are not doing to bad. I always try to put enough down (if not paying cash) so that I can sell a few years down the road with out having to pay out any $$$. Good luck selling the boat, I think it is a good time to sell right now.
For those asking what I am replacing the gun with, It is smaller, quieter, faster, has two points on the bow and begins with the letter S..... ;)
Stingray???? :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
02-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Stingray???? :hammerhea
lmao... :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
02-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah at least I found out now, before it got too bad. We decided (for the 3rd time this year) to keep the boat. I finally get the balls to say ok, but should have checked what I owed long before hand. Oh well. I still got a new DCB with wackas to ride on all summer. :hammer2: :D

Havasu Cig
02-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Sometimes it's better riding on somone elses boat. :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Sometimes it's better riding on somone elses boat. :D
True.... Especially when the copilot is Mrs Kilrtoy..... :rollside: :p

Jordy
02-08-2005, 05:14 PM
What's next?
LS JR.
I think it's a Sea Ray with the two points being a cleat for an anchor line. :D

Lucky Strike
02-08-2005, 06:00 PM
I think it's a Sea Ray with the two points being a cleat for an anchor line. :D
Sorry I forgot to read the rest of the thread :D. I figured out what he is getting.

Havasu Cig
02-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Congrats! I actually told Jeff about the boat ;). What's next?
LS JR.
Thanks for passing on the info to Jeff, he has been great. I can't beleive how many calls I have recieved in the past two days. I have four others telling me to give them a call if something happens with the deal. The boat is going to Eliminator tommorow for winterizing (sp) and shrink wrap before it's long journey east. I am kind of sorry to see it go, but I need something a little smaller. :cool:

Havasu Cig
02-09-2005, 10:46 AM
The next one is all white right now, which I kind of like. I am going to do some vinyl so I can write it off, but that is probably about it. Let me know when you are coming out. :cool:

ChumpChange
02-09-2005, 11:25 AM
I figured out what he is getting.
If MissHavasuCig is with Havasu Cig then she just gave it away over in the C & T section.

Froggystyle
02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Whittled something up for you Steve.... ;)
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/scuba1_small.jpg
"Know thy client" I always say...

TrojanDan
02-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Put a big "SC" on it and you can probably convince Steve to buy it. :D
Nice design BTW.

Froggystyle
02-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Put a big "SC" on it and you can probably convince Steve to buy it. :D
Nice design BTW.
I figured it would go on the back.... ;)

RP1
02-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Simply BadA@$ Froggy...

CornWater
02-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Fill in the "arrow heads" and call it a day.. Awesome design Froggy, so should I tell you about my interests??? :idea:

Froggystyle
02-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Fill in the "arrow heads" and call it a day.. Awesome design Froggy, so should I tell you about my interests??? :idea:
Go ahead!
What's your name, where ya from... ;)

MAINEVENT
02-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Whittled something up for you Steve.... ;)
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/scuba1_small.jpg
"Know thy client" I always say...
Just name the Boat 'SCUBA TOURS" :p

CornWater
02-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Go ahead!
What's your name, where ya from... ;)
Gentle swoops.. front to back.. something dominate in Lamborghini orange with charcoal grey as a secondary.. how is that..Thanks
Jeff

OC-PARTYCAT
02-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Scuba, let me know if/when/and/or your ready to get rid of that thing and come down on the price. Im in the market for a openbow squirter.

Froggystyle
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Gentle swoops.. front to back.. something dominate in Lamborghini orange with charcoal grey as a secondary.. how is that..Thanks
Jeff
Give me a couple of days...
We don't do any graphics I can't trademark or copyright. I hate splashers...

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah, that is sweet!! Froggy do you take trade ins? :wink: :D

SHOTKALLIN
02-12-2005, 06:36 PM
Well if I can not get what I owe then I guess it's not worth selling. :confused: Or I can say I want more then what I owe and see what happens. :hammerhea :D
I think what you owe is your business SS. It shouldn't even come up in conversation. That way people won't try to get you to eat some $$$ to get out of it.

SCUBA STEVE
02-12-2005, 08:00 PM
I think what you owe is your business SS. It shouldn't even come up in conversation. That way people won't try to get you to eat some $$$ to get out of it.
Good point. :cool: