PDA

View Full Version : what the puck is what with these kids

a catered life
04-21-2006, 11:49 AM
5 teenagers in kansas busted planning another columbine (sp) type of killing spree on the day after the anniversary of the worst school style killing in history. :mad: ........these fockers had guns, ammo, and small pipe bombs. :mad: .what the fock is up with the kids of today...do we not show them enough love? :rolleyes: ......is the music, internet, and tv (media) overloading them?....are we as parents failing? :cry:

MOBrien
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
pretty sad for sure. It ain't the internet, it ain't the music, it ain't the movies or TV...........the responsibility lies soley on the focked up parents that aren't parenting at all.
Friggin losers. :mad:

Riverat84
04-21-2006, 12:05 PM
all i know is that something is wrong w/ this world....especially in the midwest! theres like NOTHING out there.
Reid

Riverat84
04-21-2006, 12:06 PM
pretty sad for sure. It ain't the internet, it ain't the music, it ain't the movies or TV...........the responsibility lies soley on the focked up parents that aren't parenting at all.
true dat.

Blacksheep
04-21-2006, 12:22 PM
all i know is that something is wrong w/ this world....especially in the midwest! theres like NOTHING out there.
Reid
Would like to please explain that for those of us who live in the midwest??? I don't think Columbine, which is in a suburb of Denver, is in the midwest. I went to school in the school district way back when. I'd like to know what is wrong in the midwest if you would care to elaborate!!

Blacksheep
04-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I also forgot to mention that, that particular comment was a BAA - Bold Ass Assertion!!

a catered life
04-21-2006, 01:15 PM
its not a midwest, east, south, or west thing...different crap happens according to the area you live in.......in la they steal cars, joy ride and sometimes join gangs.....maybe its guns where you live the main thing its the freaking sorry ass parents :crossx: ...these fockers dont know what their kids are doing... their not involved with their kids lives and yes i do think if you don't get involved with your kids they find other ways to release energy(good or bad) generally its bad.. :yuk: .....

Blacksheep
04-21-2006, 01:48 PM
its not a midwest, east, south, or west thing...different crap happens according to the area you live in.......in la they steal cars, joy ride and sometimes join gangs.....maybe its guns where you live the main thing its the freaking sorry ass parents :crossx: ...these fockers dont know what their kids are doing... their not involved with their kids lives and yes i do think if you don't get involved with your kids they find other ways to release energy(good or bad) generally its bad.. :yuk: .....
I couldn't have said it better my self....well said! There is always something no matter where you live, it just might be different.

a catered life
04-21-2006, 03:43 PM
i'm a little shocked more board members didnt have comments on this issue. :cool: ...maybe i need to have a half naked woman with big fake tits and a paid for tan from coppertone pictured here :yuk: i always thought family was inportant :)

soupersonic
04-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Most of the kids i know including my own,need a good swift kick in the ass.You cant do that anymore because its "abuse" and they get a timeout or w/e instead. I grew up in the midwest and we always found things to do that didnt involve pipe bombs and shooting up a school.I never would have thought about something like that for fear of getting my arse kicked by my Dad.Most parents these days only care that their kids arent bothering them.

buzzaro
04-21-2006, 03:56 PM
i'm a little shocked more board members didnt have comments on this issue. :cool: ...maybe i need to have a half naked woman with big fake tits and a paid for tan from coppertone pictured here :yuk: i always thought family was inportant :)
Now if those women were planning another Columbine AND we had pics.............
Seriously its about kids not receiving enough beatings as children and even more as teenagers, I think someone posted the article about the pussification of the nation, it all relates.

Mandelon
04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
I would disagree. At least part of it is the internet, the movies, the music, the videogames, and television. There is a lack of respect towards others, a cheapening of life very visible in the movies and television and especially videogames. Killing is devoid of ramifications, shooting and killing is fun and rewarded. There is a disconnect from reality for some of these kids...couple that with the lack of respect for others and lack of attention from the parents and you get what we have today.
And its all george bush's fault. :cool:
It goes back to the breakdown of the nuclear family unit. Mom's went to work. Dad's quit playing catch with the boys, they don't teach them right and wrong, how can a kid learn those things when there is no dad to teach it to them...

ECeptor
04-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Most parents these days only care that their kids arent bothering them.
Sad, but true.
Mandelon also nailed it that Dad no longer do sh$t with their kids. My buddy's son before the age of 3 was able to put lug nut on a hub. He's right with his dad in the shop every single day. If more dad's spent time like that with thier kid, there'd be less problems.
As for the mid-west being boring...I dissagree. I grew up on a farm and although we always thought we were bored we had TONS to do. Between my folk's land and the neighbors who we knew and trusted we had about 1000 acres of woods to play in. We were always outside doing something. Kids in the city are the ones who are bored. Nothing to do but bad sh$t and playing video games. Also, way too many other kids being a bad influence on them...which is nearly impossible for the parents to control in town.
As for these KS kids who did this crap, I'd bet a million they weren't farm kids. Otherwise they would have been too damn busy with chores and sport to worry about killing thier classmates!

maxwedge
04-21-2006, 11:08 PM
I agree it's the Midwest. That why those kids at Columbine shot up the...hey wait a minute...since when the hell is Colorado in the midwest?
I grew up here in the midwest (IL) land of nothing. I bitch about it a lot, but there are some really great things about it too. I don't think it has a lot to do with location so much as what happens there. I think a lot of kids, and adults are not being (or were not ever) taught what values are really important. It's not just the parents of kids, it's all of us to some extent. It's a lot of modern american culture Sure it's on TV and movies and kids friends and their parents, and crappy music, and all of the influences around them, but all that stuff is a by-product of the general lack of a collective morale consience in this country. Kids see a lot of the thinking that if you have lots of money or become rich and famous and bag some hotties, or glue some ugly dimond jewlery to your teeth or whatever, that life will be good.... Unfortunately collecting all the money, cool stuff, and hot sex in the world can lead to a pretty frigging empty life if that's all you have. Most of that stuff matters very little at all in the long run. I hate to say it, but it's a lesson a few of people on these boards would do well to learn too.

XTRM22
04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
FIrst of all, having grown up in west/central Az, anything east of Kingman is the mid west as far as I'm concerned. :) I have no kids and I'm glad of it because I firmly believe that the biggest problem with these youths is the lack of knowledge of "a price to be paid" It's a philosphy beating into my brain.... well my brain is where it eventually landed. I would love to walk up to a parent of a obnoxious child in a store and ask if they hit their child, when they say no, I ask if I can! Don't get me wrong, there is a line between discipline and abuse and a responsible parent has to find it and society needs to let them find it. Fear of pain is a great motivator during those formative years. Oh well, it's just going to get worse, I feel sorry for those of you who are raising good kids who know right from wrong because they are going to have to deal with the other losers for the rest of their lives.
Chuck

FMluvswater
04-22-2006, 12:04 AM
Don't get me wrong, there is a line between discipline and abuse and a responsible parent has to find it and society needs to let them find it. Fear of pain is a great motivator during those formative years. Oh well, it's just going to get worse, I feel sorry for those of you who are raising good kids who know right from wrong because they are going to have to deal with the other losers for the rest of their lives.
Chuck
:smile:

a catered life
04-22-2006, 05:15 AM
while i totally agree with discliping (wiping a child) is nesseccary i dont think this is the major problem with these kids......i think the focking parents have dropped the ball.....the classic home (dad at work, mom in pta) is gone.....in the late 70's and 80's teenages were becoming parents and were never trained how to raise a child since they were still a child......this generation have become disconnected with their kids......the older parents have been forced to work cause of the need for money in the house which has caused a break in the closeness of a real home...dad is working two jobs and mom is working a job....shit everything we have grown up with in the late 80's til now is more compact, faster, and developed to be done alone( ex. computers, food, education) things like this have created a world where parents dont have to be parents..... sht were headed for a age where you can plan what kind of child you want....i'm not knocking technology by dam it we need to still keep some of the old values
this is my $.05 cents if any one cares

CBadDad
04-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Agreed!
Most of the kids i know including my own,need a good swift kick in the ass.You cant do that anymore because its "abuse" and they get a timeout or w/e instead. I grew up in the midwest and we always found things to do that didnt involve pipe bombs and shooting up a school.I never would have thought about something like that for fear of getting my arse kicked by my Dad.Most parents these days only care that their kids arent bothering them.
Ain't that the truth!
Anybody think that the schools have to take some responsibility here?
I realize that the teachers are over burdoned, My middle school kids' teachers see 150 different kids each day. At the same time, all they do is throw a bunch of expectations at them at don't really spend any time teaching. Then when the kids begin to fall behind, all they get is grief from their parents, school administrators, etc.. So you take extracirircular activities away to "motivate" them. Next thing you know, kids are doing drugs, falling further behind, while becoming more discouraged. Next thing you know, they're building pipe bombs and stealing grandpa's Glock.
I too wish I could just knock some sense into some of these kids, but instead I gotta find a psychologist who's main goal is to save the world. Go figure.

ROZ
04-22-2006, 09:20 AM
Damn right it is...lmoa
It goes back to the breakdown of the nuclear family unit.
This happened in South OC ? :D

ROZ
04-22-2006, 09:22 AM
I realize that the teachers are over burdoned, My middle school kids' teachers see 150 different kids each day. At the same time, all they do is throw a bunch of expectations at them at don't really spend any time teaching. Then when the kids begin to fall behind, all they get is grief from their parents, school administrators, etc.. So you take extracirircular activities away to "motivate" them.
Send them to Saint Patricks :D

a catered life
04-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Agreed!
Ain't that the truth!
Anybody think that the schools have to take some responsibility here?
I realize that the teachers are over burdoned, My middle school kids' teachers see 150 different kids each day. At the same time, all they do is throw a bunch of expectations at them at don't really spend any time teaching. Then when the kids begin to fall behind, all they get is grief from their parents, school administrators, etc.. So you take extracirircular activities away to "motivate" them. Next thing you know, kids are doing drugs, falling further behind, while becoming more discouraged. Next thing you know, they're building pipe bombs and stealing grandpa's Glock.
I too wish I could just knock some sense into some of these kids, but instead I gotta find a psychologist who's main goal is to save the world. Go figure.
nope not the schools fault it seems to pont right back to the freakin parents i work for a school district and one of the biggest problems we see with kids these days is the parents.........most of the time we cant contact them, we send emails, mail, make phone calls and when does a parent respond....when its to late or when their little focker gets a bad grade and the stupid ass parents take it out on the adminstration :yuk: we have more parents these days who do not know how to sit down and talk....many of they get angry with us and we are the ones who contacted them...they mainly bitch about they gotta miss work to come down here to discuss their little bad ass....this may not be true where you live but its a major problem in california parents dont get involved intil its to late :yuk: and i speak from experience....i average at least 2 calls a day from some parent asking me some stupid ass question
example..this dumb ass parent called me last week to complain that her child was not being served a balanced lunch....i asked her the child name and checked the computer and sure enough the child was eating junk food everyday cause our computer shows he never eats a real lunch...she yells back to me "why do you sell him junk food" and i reply we dont the student store and asb sells it not my department..i ask her "why do you give him money to buy it" and she says "he ask for it weekly" and i reply "why do you give it to him if he recieves free lunch from us"... she replies "he does i didnt know that" and i send her a copy of the free lunch application she filled out 4 month ago with another approval letter
just one example of parents out of touch with reality

cdog
04-22-2006, 09:36 AM
I would disagree. At least part of it is the internet, the movies, the music, the videogames, and television. There is a lack of respect towards others, a cheapening of life very visible in the movies and television and especially videogames. Killing is devoid of ramifications, shooting and killing is fun and rewarded. There is a disconnect from reality for some of these kids...couple that with the lack of respect for others and lack of attention from the parents and you get what we have today.
It goes back to the breakdown of the nuclear family unit. Mom's went to work. Dad's quit playing catch with the boys, they don't teach them right and wrong, how can a kid learn those things when there is no dad to teach it to them...
I totally agree with you.
Also the fact that these kid have no higher purpose than what they see right in front of them. They get punked or get made fun of and now they want everyone to pay for it. Emo queers. It's only gonna get worse. And they will blame it on the guns instead of the idiot parents and society that created the little monsters.