PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Hot Boaters-I need assistance

BoatPI
02-09-2005, 07:44 AM
I belong to an organization called the International Assn. of Marine Investigators. Intl Assn of marine investigators (http://www.iamimarine.org)
The organization is comprized of LEO, inusrance investigators, marine surveyors, etc. The world wide conference will be at the Shelter Pointe Hotel from March 6 to March 9, 2005.
Lucky me was tasked with presenting a class on west coast high performance boats. Advantages, DCB, Nordic, on and on. I expect 300-500 attendees to be at the general session presentation on Tuesday March 8, 2005.
What I need ... A few hi po boats trailered to the hotel by 8 am. We will do a walk around at 8:45. You can be a star and briefly describe you boat. These investigators are the folks that find your stolen boat, or work the insurance claims, they may also place a value on you boat if damaged or as a total theft loss. So I believe it is to the communtys advantage to better educate these group of professionals.
Free coffee and fat pills and a big thanks you from the organization. The area will be secure and you can stay with the rig (and swarming with cops). A nice selection of stock boats and blowers models would be too cool.
I will notify the perosns selected at least one week before the meet date. Parking is limited, so selection is very important. I think we will get John West to provide a boat under construction as an example too. Thanks in advance.
PM me for any suggestions or if you can participate.

RiverDave
02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
BoatPI, just wondering if anyone volunteered for this?
I can probably make some phone calls for you if you don't have it all lined up already.
RD

jackpunx
02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
that would be interesting.. I will be out of town.. but if one of my buddies.. (RD) wants to drag my boat.. I would let him be of service to you :D
Its got a blower or two on it ;)

BarryMac
02-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Is a JetBoat good or maybe it's too good, j/k :D . I will be taking mine out to the river in the later part of March but if you want to use it you can, not real high performance but it is a custom and worth it's weight in gold to me...

malibuken
02-09-2005, 04:10 PM
I just looked at my schedule and believe my boat will be in town that week.
I might be able to help you out. And it will be freshly detailed from Orion Custom Boats, thanks to Martin supplying the gift certificate my significant other won.
I will PM you.

BoatPI
02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
I do have two that spoke up immediately. I would like to have a variety. I have a deep v advantage, a jet, know a cat would be great. Anyone with a hot ob with twins or a single would round it out. I do not want to dupiclate the mfg. I should have a finalized list a week ahead of time. I would like to thank everyone for viewing and responding to this post. This is a great organization. If anyone would like to meet some of the folks that are in this business, just show up near the end of my session in the parking lot. They have me set to teach another class after this but I am trying to get it switched. Then we can chat and have a cup.
This is a really big deal, the general session. Only two such presentations are given each year. A few years ago I received the highest award, Investigator of the Year". So as you can see I am a true believer in educating the insurance industry and LE. Responsible hot boater have much to gain from this group. As I have spoken so much in the past, the insurance industry had a down year, but I have seeen a light in the education and designated driver promotion. This is the key folks for 2005 and you insurance rates DD!!! They quiver on the Coast Guard stats that list alcohol as a primary cause. Anyone that shows up that may have a Lifeline or similar vest, proudly display it. This goes 1,000 miles. All of these folks think safety!
We have people showing up from England and Belguim. Like I said this is a work wide thing. And Boat Cop, PM me. I hope you can attend.