PDA

View Full Version : *** Spam - 2004 Honda Crf450r ***

IN2MX
02-10-2005, 10:23 AM
2004 Honda CRF450R, BRAND NEW CONDITION, Pro Circuit TI-4 Titanium exhaust with header, GPR steering stabilizer, Renthal Fat bar, SKid plate, Engine Ice......Also have the stock exhaust with Spark arrestor attachment.
This bike has extremely LOW hours on it (Due to unfortunate softball injury) and you will not find another one in better condition.
Bike with upgrades, I have over $7400.00 invested....
Will take $5600.00.
Thanks!
(I know it's not a TOW RIG, but it sure does look good in back of one!)

TOBTEK
02-10-2005, 05:17 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13505_CLUBCAR_002.jpg
wanta trade? I need one of those again!

Lightning
02-11-2005, 08:52 PM
Anyone have a nice street legal thumper for sale.....

ryantparks
02-12-2005, 08:19 AM
my buddy has a 03 ktm 525 exc that is ca. street legal looks brand new and has 1000 miles on it. $8k

TOBTEK
02-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Anyone have a nice street legal thumper for sale.....
Ari, lets get a couple CRF450's or YZF400-450's and make them street legal. Its really pretty easy. And if you get a cheap 426 for around 2500 you will be into it for 4500'ish for the BADEST st legal thumper you can get! IM IN, just give me the word. Ive been wanting to a do a full SUPERMOTO with Lic plates...what a blast! Have you been to the SuperMoto track up at Amago? THAT looks like WAY fun!

Ivan Dan
02-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Ari, lets get a couple CRF450's or YZF400-450's and make them street legal. Its really pretty easy. And if you get a cheap 426 for around 2500 you will be into it for 4500'ish for the BADEST st legal thumper you can get! IM IN, just give me the word. Ive been wanting to a do a full SUPERMOTO with Lic plates...what a blast! Have you been to the SuperMoto track up at Amago? THAT looks like WAY fun!
I've heard that CA has changed their laws and aren't allowing this to happen anymore. If you decide to try it and it works....let me know.

Lightning
02-12-2005, 11:23 AM
You can't make bikes street legal if they don't come that way from the factory. You also can't retro a used bike and plate it. There is way around this though...register it in AZ, like i did my cart and boat - with the address for the river pad. If you are seriously looking for a bike, I am ready to pull the trigger. Give me a call and we can strategize :idea:
I am looking at a DRZ400 (which is street legal from factory) or a WR450F.

TOBTEK
02-12-2005, 11:49 AM
You can't make bikes street legal if they don't come that way from the factory. You also can't retro a used bike and plate it. There is way around this though...register it in AZ, like i did my cart and boat - with the address for the river pad. If you are seriously looking for a bike, I am ready to pull the trigger. Give me a call and we can strategize :idea:
BINGO--- AZ REGISTRATION!.....I've been on the phone to the AZ DMV a few times to get my ducks in a row. Sounds REALLY EASY! Just looking for the right YZF400-450 or CRF450 thats CHERRY and simi-stock to do the conversion on. IF you want a DRZ call Cory at ALBA YAMAHA in poway 858-486-4380, till-em I sent you, He will take GREAT care of you. I worked there for a few days ;)

Ivan Dan
02-12-2005, 01:06 PM
AHHHHH Gotcha.....don't know why I didn't think of that. GREAT IDEA!

IN2MX
02-14-2005, 10:49 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/13505_CLUBCAR_002.jpg
wanta trade? I need one of those again!
Sorry it took so long to reply.....Thank you for the offer but I am looking for the cash so I can get into something else......

sigepmock
02-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Sorry to join the Hi-Jack but I've got a CA street legal Wr426 and I love it. Lots of fun both on and off road. I also just helped a buddy street legal his Wr450, but we had to do it in AZ. CA started cracking down and no more street legal dirt bikes. Stay away from the DRZ, you'll out grow it to fast(slow bike). Stick with the Honda 450's or Yamaha's. Don't be scared off by the valve adjustments. I've had bike for three years and check the valve lash every couple of months and have never had to adjust them. Let me know if you want new Yamaha's I've got a good connection at Montclair Yamaha, in SoCal. If you and when you get them let me know. Phuggit and I do a ride from Baker CA to Havasu across the Mojave trail. lots of fun :D
Chris

Lightning
02-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Sorry to join the Hi-Jack but I've got a CA street legal Wr426 and I love it. Lots of fun both on and off road. I also just helped a buddy street legal his Wr450, but we had to do it in AZ. CA started cracking down and no more street legal dirt bikes. Stay away from the DRZ, you'll out grow it to fast(slow bike). Stick with the Honda 450's or Yamaha's. Don't be scared off by the valve adjustments. I've had bike for three years and check the valve lash every couple of months and have never had to adjust them. Let me know if you want new Yamaha's I've got a good connection at Montclair Yamaha, in SoCal. If you and when you get them let me know. Phuggit and I do a ride from Baker CA to Havasu across the Mojave trail. lots of fun :D
Chris
I'm really on the fence with what to get. I almost pulled the trigger on a DRZ, but I'm hearing that the Yamaha is the way to go. Cost is up there though. Send me a PM with your buddys info and let me give him a call. If the price is right, maybe wr is the way to go. How was the process on the AZ registration? Did he have to add anything to the bike?

sigepmock
02-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Arizona DMV isn't too bad. Went online and downloaded the inspection form. Had to add turn signals(bought the bolt on kind froma a street bike), a brake switch(the bike is already wired for it), change the rear tail lite to a dual element bulb(again already prewired), and lastly a horn. I called made an appointment with the Havasu DMV, they verified the vin on the bike, wanted to see the brake light work and the hear the horn. Took about 5 min, paid the registration, and got the plate in the mail a couple weeks later, he's never been hassled in CA yet. Lightning I pm'd you the info. on my buddy.
Chris
Again sorry for the hi-jack, the 450 is a great bike. RIDE RED!!!! :D

Lightning
02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
got it, thanks.

CA Stu
02-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Forwarded, (obviously)
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 1:33 PM
Subject: Dual Sport Conversions in California
As you probably know, due to a re-interpretation of California's codes by the California Air Resources Board, converting a green-sticker off-highway motorcycle for street use became virtually impossible last year. Thanks to all of you, the letter writing campaign to governor Davis last year was successful in delaying the implementation of the new rule until February 2004. Well, we are trying one more time to reverse this change in DMV policy. Governor Schwarzenegger (a KTM owner himself) is highly critical of CARB and might be a bit more in touch with reality than the previous administration. We have the support of DMV, the highway patrol, and a governor interested in generating revenue and saving money. Please go to the Baja Designs home page www.bajadesigns.com and download one of the letters - or even better, write your own - and send it off to the governor. For the most impact we are trying to have these letters hit all at the same time, so please do this right away. Tell your friends!!
Happy trails,
Alan Roach & Deanne Moore
Baja Designs
alan@bajadesigns.com
deanne@bajadesigns.com
760 560-2252 x102

MKEELINE
02-16-2005, 02:16 PM
Check out www.joeracerproducts.com. They can make your bike street legal.

Lightning
02-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Well, for once my patience has paid off. Got a call from a buddy who has a neighbor that owns a DRZ400 that he wants to sell. Called the guy yesterday, met him today and bought the bike. It's a 2004 with 6 miles on it. Got it for $1500 less than a brand new one.

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Nice grab. Let me know when you need more speed :) I happen to know another guy who's sells bike exhausts for White Bro's, Two Brother racing and one more.....and he's on the boards.
Hey is the 450 still for sale IN2MX??

Lightning
02-17-2005, 05:35 PM
Nice grab. Let me know when you need more speed :) I happen to know another guy who's sells bike exhausts for White Bro's, Two Brother racing and one more.....and he's on the boards.
Sounds good, thanks!

IN2MX
02-23-2005, 02:16 PM
yes, it is still for sale...