PDA

View Full Version : Solar power systems for homes, anyone have any connections

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I am looking to buy a property that I can not get power to. I will have to run the new house on a solar system. Does anyone have any connections to purchase one?
Thanks,
Mark

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Somebody has got to know somebody?

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 10:39 AM
Somebody has got to know somebody?
We only know of apartment buildings here. But it is only for hot water. sorry.. I will ask around in our suplly houses.. ;)

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks,Mrs V

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks,Mrs V
no problem.. you want it for lights and everything right? ;)

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Everything!

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Everything!
LMAO!! O.K.. :rollside:

ROZ
02-10-2005, 11:19 AM
I think you can buy solar power systems from Home depot.... My sister's neighbor has it on his house in San Diego. His generates more power than he uses and it goes back into the power grid. SDGE doean't buy the power, but does credit what it takes to his bill if he ever has one :D I'll ask her to ask the neighbor where who he used....

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Thanks,Roz I cant get power where I want to build.Thats why I need it.

oldbuck40
02-10-2005, 11:44 AM
I am looking to buy a property that I can not get power to. I will have to run the new house on a solar system. Does anyone have any connections to purchase one?
Thanks,
MarkHey Racecar i just happen to have some info on what your looking for here on my desk
Permacity Corp.
11977 San Vincente BLVD
Los Angles,Ca. 90049
PH# 310-472-4532
or www.permacity.com
these guys can fix you up!!! hope it helps

Flashwave
02-10-2005, 11:48 AM
Wife used to work for BP Solar. Contact them at BP Solar (http://www.bpsolar.com/homesolutions/Jump.cfm?Page=296) and they will hook you up with a contractor near you and let you know if there are any rebates in your area.
Good luck.
J

BoatPI
02-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Beaumont is a wind tunnel, so why not look into a wind generator. As I recall solar boils water then it is sent to a steam generator. many parts. Seems to me it would cost less than solar that is generally used to heat water.

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Beaumont is a wind tunnel, so why not look into a wind generator. As I recall solar boils water then it is sent to a steam generator. many parts. Seems to me it would cost less than solar that is generally used to heat water.
What are you talking about we sometimes go hours without any wind! :D :D

JetBoatRich
02-10-2005, 12:57 PM
We are looking at a lot of property right now as well, sort of in the middle of no where, right now. Power is not that far, other sources are being looked at. we will need a well for water :idea:
So keep the information coming :idea:

racecar.hotshoe
02-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Thats right keep them coming!

lucky
02-10-2005, 02:33 PM
www.realgoods.com up north but the cater to the hippies

InKahntrol
02-10-2005, 03:09 PM
My dad is one of the largest distributors for Solar Power solar systems in the country. He does both residential and commercial, and I'm sure he could hook you up with whatever you need. Just tell him you know his son Dan from the Hot Boat message board....
David Kahn
Kahn Air Conditioning & Solar
(818) 886-2600
(800) 660-5246
19434 Business Ctr. Dr.
Northridge, CA 91324

lucky
02-10-2005, 03:15 PM
hey dan any more pics of the boat (campbell )

InKahntrol
02-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I've got a bunch on the home computer but none here at work. I'll post some tonight.
Things are really moving along now... we got the new strut, shaft log and shaft installed; the V-drive is mounted and installed, tanks are in and hooked up, my dad made the new plates out of stainless on his mill and we installed them on the boat with all new hardware... and I've FINALLY got the motor just about buttoned up and ready for the dyno shop. If we don't spend too much time this weekend at the Irvine Lake deal we're going to make motor rails and get everything ready for the engine. I'm getting a little nervous now, because pretty soon it will be ready for the upholstery shop and that bill is going to hurt!

LakesOnly
02-10-2005, 11:11 PM
...man, wish I could help, but you are about a year ahead of our production releases.
I currently work for Nanosolar(Click Here), (http://www.nanosolar.com) and we are the pioneering company in highly efficient votalic solar cells on panels that can be rolled up like a poster. Lightweight, cheap and efficient. A 10x14 foot sheet puts out 110 volts!
Don't know when you intend to start/complete construction, but our voltaic solar panels will transform the solar electricity industry into cheap affordable solar-electric power. This could dramatically change our views on this alternative energy.
Our design will crush all current supplier/designs and render them obsolete, so if you can wait before spending your money, do so. The government just bet 10.4 million dollars that we can do it (in the form of the prestigious DARPA award).
LO
p.s. If we could harness all the sunlight that hits the earth in just 60 seconds, it would supply enough electricity for the whole planet for an entire year.
A 100-mile square array of solar cells operating at 10% efficiency in Arizona can supply the entire United States with all the electricity it currently consumes.
LO

R.A.D.man
02-11-2005, 06:08 AM
LakesOnly, that looks promising to say the least.
If you do not have a water supply and will need a well, I have used the Grundfos line of solar powered submersible pumps. These can be used concurrently with a wind generator as well. It is a dedicated system. You may want to look at http://www.scsolar.com/Grundfos_Solar_Pumps.html. They work very well but do have limitations with depth and flow as compared to conventional pumps. The best use would be with above ground storage for a large volume of water so that the pump can work whenever wind or solar energy is available to keep the tank full. You then have a separate pump to supply pressure.

lucky
02-11-2005, 06:48 AM
I've got a bunch on the home computer but none here at work. I'll post some tonight.
Things are really moving along now... we got the new strut, shaft log and shaft installed; the V-drive is mounted and installed, tanks are in and hooked up, my dad made the new plates out of stainless on his mill and we installed them on the boat with all new hardware... and I've FINALLY got the motor just about buttoned up and ready for the dyno shop. If we don't spend too much time this weekend at the Irvine Lake deal we're going to make motor rails and get everything ready for the engine. I'm getting a little nervous now, because pretty soon it will be ready for the upholstery shop and that bill is going to hurt!
i remeber what that thing looked like over on v drive and god , He must love them :) love the work you have done to it - last time i saw it , it looked tits - cant wait t see her finished ( and all boats are "HERS " cause ya they can suck the money out of ya :) ) later dan

Sportin' Wood
02-11-2005, 08:15 AM
LakesOnly that looks like a great product. How long till you guys get it to Market?
I have an idea that requires a cheap off the grid power supply.
Racecar.Hotshoe, If you move forward with the land, and plan on building, PM me. I can share with you a great water distribution and heating system.

Dave C
02-11-2005, 09:09 AM
LO
A buddy and I in RWC were looking into this. Looks like a good idea. I hear its getting popular in the Bay Area "progressive" scene.
How much does this cost? Do they tie into your PG&E? Can you run it with or without batteries?
Let me know when its rolled out!
Dave
...man, wish I could help, but you are about a year ahead of our production releases.
I currently work for Nanosolar(Click Here), (http://www.nanosolar.com) and we are the pioneering company in highly efficient votalic solar cells on panels that can be rolled up like a poster. Lightweight, cheap and efficient. A 10x14 foot sheet puts out 110 volts!
Don't know when you intend to start/complete construction, but our voltaic solar panels will transform the solar electricity industry into cheap affordable solar-electric power. This could dramatically change our views on this alternative energy.
Our design will crush all current supplier/designs and render them obsolete, so if you can wait before spending your money, do so. The government just bet 10.4 million dollars that we can do it (in the form of the prestigious DARPA award).
LO
p.s. If we could harness all the sunlight that hits the earth in just 60 seconds, it would supply enough electricity for the whole planet for an entire year.
A 100-mile square array of solar cells operating at 10% efficiency in Arizona can supply the entire United States with all the electricity it currently consumes.
LO

BoatPI
02-11-2005, 09:15 AM
I think one of the points to alternative energy source is energy storage. my neighbor had a windmill and a bank of batteries for storage, just like solar heats water and it is stored in a very large tank for use.

NorCal Gameshow
02-11-2005, 11:35 AM
Did I read that correctly? three week payback :supp:
what amperage @110 volts ?

spectratoad
02-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Check with your power company. Ours here in Nevada, Sierra Pacific, has a company that installs the system, you pay for it and they give up to a $20K rebate. :)

racecar.hotshoe
02-11-2005, 03:44 PM
Thats the problem there is no power lines anywhere around so Im not going to get any of the rebates. :cry:

lucky
02-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Thats the problem there is no power lines anywhere around so Im not going to get any of the rebates. :cry:
power up the green house :) lmao

ChumpChange
02-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Where are you building? Have somebody build a place next to yours and then sell off the electricity you don't use. Unless it's Beaumont, who'd want to live there.

spectratoad
02-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah you did mention that didn't you??? :hammerhea Then build your own powerplant and sell to others around you. :rolleyes:

racecar.hotshoe
02-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh yeah you did mention that didn't you??? :hammerhea Then build your own powerplant and sell to others around you. :rolleyes:
Thats the cool part there is no one around me! :cool:

spectratoad
02-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I am with you on that. That is one reason our house is on an acre. My wife says I am just not a neighbor/homeowners association kind of guy. :cool:

LakesOnly
02-12-2005, 10:58 AM
LakesOnly that looks like a great product. How long till you guys get it to Market?
We are setting up our Pilot Line right now. We are shooting for production in 2006.
LO