PDA

View Full Version : computer prob!! help please!!??

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
After just gettin it back with new hardrive and all new applications, windows etc! i have been tryin to upload my Kodak easyshare disk...to put my camera software in, to upload my pics!!
however while running, about 50% of the way through it says error...and the code says .'you have a pop up blocker enabled which is preventing this program form loading successfully!" please disable first to continue!!??
i dont know where to go or how to do this, and dont even see the blocker by my address bar!!?
any help greatly appreciated!!! ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
do you have norton anti virus or anything like that?

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 11:24 AM
Click on the "My computer" icon and Go to add/remove programs.
search for it on the list.
... or.....check with forensic, he knows this stuff....

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Click on the "My computer" icon and Go to add/remove programs.
search for it on the list.
... or.....check with forensic, he knows this stuff....
well thanx, thats one step further!! but im not sure what program of piece it is in ....add-remove prgs!!??
:idea:

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Minimize everything so you are at the normal sceen. There should be a "My computer Icon" click that, when it opens up, on the left there should be a add/remove programs button to click on. It will list all your programs.
What OS are you running?

dicudmore
02-10-2005, 11:33 AM
when I had that pop-up blocker dealio prob before right on that message bar was a place to click then it would open up to where I could change that setting

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 11:34 AM
See, I told you. :p

Jbb
You know how we do it..... :220v:

MRS FLYIN VEE
Are you running Windows XP? Do you have Service Pack 2 installed?
If so, that is most likely the problem. XP Service Pack 2 has a popup blocker installed by default.
Let me know while I research turning it off.
Forensic
I think it is in the Browser John.. that's what I run too. :)

Mandelon
02-10-2005, 11:35 AM
Frenchie, first we need more pics of your wife, then we can help. :hammerhea :D

THOR
02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Who is the Beaumont Computer guru? Have you filled that position yet? I would check there first.

JustMVG
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Leon check your PM's!!!
MikeVG

oldbuck40
02-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Frenchie,,if the install window does not appear,choose Run from the Start Menu and type d:\setup.exe where d is the drive letter that contains the cd.
in other words look on page 19 in your instruction book,,i just installed mine this am.

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Frenchie, first we need more pics of your wife, then we can help. :hammerhea :D
thats what i wantedt to put up!!
:cool:

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Leon check your PM's!!!
MikeVG
thanx!!!!
:cool:

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 11:50 AM
You know how we do it..... :220v:
LMAO!!!!! :D :D :D
I hope you have it sorted out, Frenchie. :cool:
You'll have to get in line to kick JBB's ass. :D

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:51 AM
LMAO!!!!! :D :D :D
I hope you have it sorted out, Frenchie. :cool:
You'll have to get in line to kick JBB's ass. :D
right!!
:D

RiverDave
02-10-2005, 11:52 AM
I'd tell your oil boy to not lay it on so heavy when your going to be using your computer in the near future.
Just my .02
RD ;)

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 11:57 AM
I'd tell your oil boy to not lay it on so heavy when your going to be using your computer in the near future.
Just my .02
RD ;)
And why did i listen to SYA...to be nice to you the first time we met!!???

RiverDave
02-10-2005, 12:13 PM
And why did i listen to SYA...to be nice to you the first time we met!!???
Frenchie, once again I'm just playing with you (thought that was ok since you took a shot at me in mrs flyin vees work out thread?)..
Don't get all worked up about it, I joke with everybody on here if the opportunity presents itself. I think that perhaps your taking this message board thing entirely to seriously.. If you can't joke around and even laugh at yourself? ( I laugh at myself all the time on here.. especially when In2in2mx came on here and lit me up.. pretty talented young women I think ) then what's the point of even being on here? It's entertainment Frenchie, nothing more, nothing less.
In other words... Lighten Up Francis. ;)
RD

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Kick his ass, Frenchie. You don't have to take that shit. :mad:

RiverDave
02-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Kick his ass, Frenchie. You don't have to take that shit. :mad:
LOL... :D ****in Canatards
RD :D

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 12:20 PM
:D :D :D

BarryMac
02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Uhh Ohh, we have a problem...
Tom Brown, your a dick... :rollside: :) :rollside:

Jbb
02-10-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah Francis ...lighten up....or RD will have his band of 11 yr old thugs ...break your wrist.... :boxed:

RiverDave
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah Francis ...lighten up....or RD will have his band of 11 yr old thugs ...break your wrist.... :boxed:
There 9 year olds JBB get it right.. LOL :D
RD

Kiddunot
02-10-2005, 12:37 PM
If you are running windows xp with service pack 2 installed what you want to do is the following.
open up Internet Explorer
go to tools
go to pop up blocker
click turn off pop up blocker,
If you have any antivirus programs that include a pop up blocker you might need to go into the options or preferences tab and locate it and turn if off that way.....
If you cannot find anything on that, then there is a good chance that you have some spyware programs loaded in the background of your computer.
You can use Spy Sweeper to get rid of those spyware applications. www.webroot.com
Hope this helps

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 09:09 PM
If you are running windows xp with service pack 2 installed what you want to do is the following.
open up Internet Explorer
go to tools
go to pop up blocker
click turn off pop up blocker,
If you have any antivirus programs that include a pop up blocker you might need to go into the options or preferences tab and locate it and turn if off that way.....
If you cannot find anything on that, then there is a good chance that you have some spyware programs loaded in the background of your computer.
You can use Spy Sweeper to get rid of those spyware applications. www.webroot.com
Hope this helps
i have windows 2000 professional, not xp!! so in options there is no turn off pop up blocker!!?? still have not got this one solved yet!! :mad:

jdogginla
02-10-2005, 09:18 PM
Ask Gary/Force 26..........isn't he mr computer savvy?

FRENCHIE
02-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Ask Gary/Force 26..........isn't he mr computer savvy?
yup!!! he hasnt called me in 2 days...i want a divorce!! i aint calling him!
:mad: :p :)

jdogginla
02-10-2005, 09:30 PM
hmmm........I just talked to him today, or was it yesterday?

FRENCHIE
02-11-2005, 05:21 PM
hmmm........I just talked to him today, or was it yesterday?
really!!??
:rolleyes: :cry: :p

NorCal Gameshow
02-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Have you checked this out:kodak website (http://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/products/ekn026079.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/10/5224)
There's a troubleshooting section...

rrrr
02-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Frenchie, there is a newer version of EasyShare available on the Kodak website. I couldn't get the CD to load on my home 'puter, same problem you had. The download worked.
Hope that helps.
edit: I forgot to mention that Kodak software *&)(@)$*#U*$@ sucks. :D

Havasu Hangin'
02-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Frenchie, once again I'm just playing with you (thought that was ok since you took a shot at me in mrs flyin vees work out thread?)..
In other words... Lighten Up Francis. ;)
Dave- I met Frenchie not too long ago, and I will say that he is a very nice and charming guy. He went out of his way to say "hello" to me, and I don't think someone would do that unless they were very easygoing, and obviously understood that we are all joking with each other.
:notam:

Garrddogg
02-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Or bombard him with water ballons. :wink: :D
Do you guys throw water ballons at boats cruisin the keys?

Garrddogg
02-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey Leon I'm sorry we fought! :shift:

jdogginla
02-11-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey Leon I'm sorry we fought! :shift:
Ahhh he appears......... :hammer2:

Desert Rat
02-11-2005, 06:27 PM
BEWARE I had the same software cause all kinds of crap on my computer and Kodak was of no help. All i got from them was wow haven't seen that before and we'll get back to you....Major BS. Kodak Easyshare F'ed up my CD (ROM) sound driver. This was confirmed after a complete wipe on my hard drive and once Kodak Easyshare was reloaded the same thing happened. I now just use the camera wizard in XP to download my pics from the camera. You might want to get a different camera download software and shitcan easyshare..Just my .02

Garrddogg
02-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Ahhh he appears......... :hammer2:
And gone just as fast! :D

rrrr
02-11-2005, 07:37 PM
BEWARE I had the same software cause all kinds of crap on my computer and Kodak was of no help. All i got from them was wow haven't seen that before and we'll get back to you....Major BS. Kodak Easyshare F'ed up my CD (ROM) sound driver. This was confirmed after a complete wipe on my hard drive and once Kodak Easyshare was reloaded the same thing happened. I now just use the camera wizard in XP to download my pics from the camera. You might want to get a different camera download software and shitcan easyshare..Just my .02
I can't disagree with this....
I got a new 'puter at the house, skipped loading EasyShare. My work computer has it, but I don't use it because it's so screwed up. The newer version is a little better, but as I said above, it basically sucks.

Phat Matt
02-11-2005, 08:09 PM
i have windows 2000 professional, not xp!! so in options there is no turn off pop up blocker!!?? still have not got this one solved yet!! :mad:
We should put XP Pro on then. I know someone who has a copy. :D