PDA

View Full Version : cops suck part 3

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 02:23 PM
One of my drivers just came in with a ticket.
The truck is a 04 Freightliner....The nice officer pulled over
my truck and gave him a ticket for the left front headlight
out of adjustment (the lights were not even on).
Seriously, I cant even tell how its out of adjustment.
I stand about 25 feet infront of the truck and the lights are
around 2" off up/down to eachother. left to right is dead on.
W TF, more revenue I guess. Just doing his job right???PULEEAASE
:hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

SHOTKALLIN
02-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Let me guess....CHP??? Comercial enforcement? They wear the blue coveralls.

mirvin
02-10-2005, 02:30 PM
I just don't get it???
This morning I was sitting in traffic on the 405 with a CHP cruiser next to me. Within minutes I had identified at least 10 cars directly around us that had expired registration. I was within 2 car lenghts from the CHP for approx 35 minutes and he never pulled anyone over!!
If it was me (legal tax paying citizen with fair skin) I would have been lit up immediatly. :2purples:
mirvin

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Let me guess....CHP??? Comercial enforcement? They wear the blue coveralls.
Yep, maybe he pulled him over because he is wearing a subrero, pancho and has no teeth = possible truck jacking...Just kiddin :)

Sleek-Jet
02-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I watched TJ Hooker yesterday evening on Nick at Night... he seemed like a dick. :crossx:

IN2MX
02-10-2005, 02:34 PM
I just don't get it???
This morning I was sitting in traffic on the 405 with a CHP cruiser next to me. Within minutes I had identified at least 10 cars directly around us that had expired registration. I was within 2 car lenghts from the CHP for approx 35 minutes and he never pulled anyone over!!
If it was me (legal tax paying citizen with fair skin) I would have been lit up immediatly. :2purples:
mirvin
Maybe he read the posts??? Were they lifted trucks?

Jordy
02-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Popcorn, get your popcorn here. :D

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 02:37 PM
whoooops, Its actually the Buena Park PD. and the ticket was writen on Lincoln and Kingley in Anaheim. I think thats a ways from BP isnt it. He also wrote him up for the glad hands (trailer air connections) not being covered. I didnt even know that was a law.

SHOTKALLIN
02-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Ignorance is no excuse PC :D

Newcastle
02-10-2005, 03:18 PM
The Lousy Cop
Dear Mr. Citizen:
It seems you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category where you placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop". Unfortunately, the reverse is true..I can never figure you out.
From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be aware of, and then you are shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy...the criminal.
You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something.
You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.
You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles.
You raise hell with the person who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but you never got one single ticket you deserved.
You shout "FOUL!!" if you observe me driving fast, en route to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.
You call it "part of my duty" if someone strikes me. But it's "police brutality" if I strike back.
You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or a doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always giving me pointers on law enforcement.
You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.
You say "something has to be done about all the crime", but you can't be bothered with getting involved.
You've got no use for me at all, but of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver a baby on the back seat of my squad car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours of overtime to find your lost daughter.
So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soap box and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing...me or one of my buddies.
Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me......The Lousy Cop!
(Author unknown)

essexjet
02-10-2005, 03:20 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif ('http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm35894US')

Ziggy
02-10-2005, 03:23 PM
whoooops, Its actually the Buena Park PD. and the ticket was writen on Lincoln and Kingley in Anaheim. I think thats a ways from BP isnt it. He also wrote him up for the glad hands (trailer air connections) not being covered. I didnt even know that was a law.
If the cop went that far out of BP then something is amiss here......there's more to the story.

Newcastle
02-10-2005, 03:26 PM
If the cop went that far out of BP then something is amiss here......there's more to the story.
Nah, trust me. They're always poaching in Anaheim. Nothing new.

mirvin
02-10-2005, 03:27 PM
The Lousy Cop
Dear Mr. Citizen:
It seems you have figured me out. I seem to fit neatly into the category where you placed me. I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. I'm the "lousy cop". Unfortunately, the reverse is true..I can never figure you out.
From birth you teach your children that I am a person to be aware of, and then you are shocked when they identify me with my traditional enemy...the criminal.
You accuse me of coddling juveniles, until I catch your kid doing something.
You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer if you see me having just one cup.
You pride yourself on your polished manners, but think nothing of interrupting my meals at noon with your troubles.
You raise hell with the person who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but you never got one single ticket you deserved.
You shout "FOUL!!" if you observe me driving fast, en route to an emergency call, but literally raise hell if I take more than ten seconds responding to your call.
You call it "part of my duty" if someone strikes me. But it's "police brutality" if I strike back.
You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a badly decayed tooth, or a doctor how to take out your appendix, but you are always giving me pointers on law enforcement.
You talk to me in a manner and use language that would assure a bloody nose from anyone else, but you expect me to stand there and take it without batting an eye.
You say "something has to be done about all the crime", but you can't be bothered with getting involved.
You've got no use for me at all, but of course, it's OK if I change a tire for your wife, or deliver a baby on the back seat of my squad car on the way to the hospital, or save your son's life with mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, or work many hours of overtime to find your lost daughter.
So, Dear Citizen, you stand there on your soap box and rant and rave about the way I do my job, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, your family, or maybe your life might depend on one thing...me or one of my buddies.
Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me......The Lousy Cop!
(Author unknown)
I love our LE's!!! I got nothing but respect for them and I support them 100%. But to imply that every officer applies every law fairly is rediculous.
They know where the easy pickins are just like they know where the nightmares are. They certainly don't want to spend two hours doing paperwork because they pulled over an illegal with expired tags.....
mirvin
:D

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Dear Lousy Cop,
It has come to my attention that you think you are not appreciated. Is that the reason you have such a shitty attitude and pulled my truck over only to give it a lousy headlight out of adjustment ticket at 3:00 pm?
Well, you are very much appreciated and I commend you for taking the job, yes job as a police officer.
I also feel that you should appreciate us law abiding peps that have the balls to go out into this cruel world and keep our economy going to pay your wages and your life time pay after retirement at the rip age of 55.
Once again, I appoligize for any inconvenience I caused you while you were making 65 bucks an hour on overtime.

MudPumper
02-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Waahhhh, I got a ticket. :cry: Waaahhh, lifes not fair. :cry: Waaahhh, the cops were picking on me. :cry: Waaahhh, I broke the law but shouldn't get a citation. :cry:

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 03:39 PM
Waahhhh, I got a ticket. :cry: Waaahhh, lifes not fair. :cry: Waaahhh, the cops were picking on me. :cry: Waaahhh, I broke the law but shouldn't get a citation. :cry:
easy...I might kick you off my job next time your pumping it.

LAPII
02-10-2005, 03:41 PM
So now I gues "Cops" don't have to pay taxes either. But you'd rather hire an illegal to drive your truck than a U.S. citizen to make your money for you. :wink:

MudPumper
02-10-2005, 03:43 PM
:D :D :D Waaahhhh. :cry:

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 03:44 PM
damn..that just does not sound right

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
So now I gues "Cops" don't have to pay taxes either. But you'd rather hire an illegal to drive your truck than a U.S. citizen to make your money for you. :wink:
sorry, I dont have any illegals driving for me.

LAPII
02-10-2005, 03:47 PM
Yep, maybe he pulled him over because he is wearing a subrero, pancho and has no teeth = possible truck jacking...Just kiddin :)
Oh, my mistake then. ;)

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 03:54 PM
Only Union here.
I think you have the part of them making money for me wrong too. I make money for them.
As far as cops paying taxes well...you got me there.
Ill just chaulk it up as a write off and pay my measly 25.00 fine. The only problem is the time it took this joker to pull him over;
I had two guys in the truck= 1 m/hr @ 25 = 25
adjust perfectly good headlight= 45
drive truck to get signed off = 50
Total cost for bullshit ticket = 145 + my time whining about it :D

MudPumper
02-10-2005, 03:58 PM
Let me throw this out there. Lets say it is 3 hrs later, 6pm, and same driver gets same ticket in same truck by same cop. Is it still bullshit????

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 04:03 PM
I think its BS but hey the law is the law and I would accept it if the headlight was truely out of adjustment day or night. I really dont see how it was out though. its pointing forward and hits the ground about 30' away. The other light is almost exactly the same.

Kilrtoy
02-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Please stop referring the CHP as COPS :D

Jordy
02-10-2005, 04:10 PM
I think its BS but hey the law is the law and I would accept it if the headlight was truely out of adjustment day or night. I really dont see how it was out though. its pointing forward and hits the ground about 30' away. The other light is almost exactly the same.
That was my next question, aside from making sure everyone has enough popcorn. How did Robocop determine that the lights were out of whack in the middle of the day???
There has to be more to the story, or at least it seems there should be. Also, it never seems to fail that they can always find something on a rig to write you for, usually they'll claim a slack adjuster is loose or something like that. Never heard the headlight routine before. Creative. :D

mirvin
02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
Let me throw this out there. Lets say it is 3 hrs later, 6pm, and same driver gets same ticket in same truck by same cop. Is it still bullshit????
The bullchit is when it's chicken chit. Chicken shit is chicken chit law or not. Everyone knows when it's chicken shit. Even the officer.
I've gotten both. I know the difference. I think most people know the difference too.
mirvin
;)

WYRD
02-10-2005, 04:17 PM
Well after 3 threads of cop haters let me just say that all the crap you guys talk is bunk! Yea you are mad now because you got caught and think the guy is an azzhole but you would not be complaining if you rolled your truck on the 91 and low and behold one of these guys pulled up and started pulling you out of a wreck or maybe your wife or kids. Then you would be thanking them and there would be ten threads that are named "Cops are Heros"
Just my .02 :cool:

Kilrtoy
02-10-2005, 04:19 PM
they are not talking about cops, they are talking about the CHP, albeit, they did mention two cops by name, well there is always one bad apple in the bunch

Jordy
02-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Well after 3 threads of cop haters let me just say that all the crap you guys talk is bunk!
OK, the first one, the lifted truck one was stupid. Yeah, the ticket was very well earned.
The second one, I have no idea what language it was typed in so I didn't spend much time on it.
This one seems pretty lame. Pulled over for out of adjustment headlights in the middle of the day? I still want to know how that was even determined. :eek:

jbtrailerjim
02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
He also wrote him up for the glad hands (trailer air connections) not being covered. I didnt even know that was a law.
Was he bobtailing with out a trailer? If so, and he didn't have them hooked onto his glad hand holder. I think that might be a violation because if he accidently hit the hand valve on the dash and it would cause the air to escape from the system.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
How did Robocop determine that the lights were out of whack in the middle of the day??? :D
good question. I had them turned on (daylight) and stand in front of the truck kinda lifting my head up and down like a chicken :D till the rays hit me directly in the eyes...I dont get it. :confused: :confused:
I also cant find the other violation and how it relates to the glad hands not being covered. He has it writen like this: 34506.3 VC/1245(E)CCR T13 rear glad hands not covered....

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Was he bobtailing with out a trailer? If so, and he didn't have them hooked onto his glad hand holder. I think that might be a violation because if he accidently hit the hand valve on the dash and it would cause the air to escape from the system.
yep,no trailer. I can understand and would agree with that law. Just cant relate it to what he wrote down. :idea:
One more thing. there is no glad hand holder on the truck. Come to think of it, the trailer is the one with the hoses. the truck just has em stickin out the back. I guess your supposed to get some dead ends for it.

flat broke
02-10-2005, 04:27 PM
good question. I had them turned on (daylight) and stand in front of the truck kinda lifting my head up and down like a chicken :D till the rays hit me directly in the eyes...I dont get it. :confused: :confused:
I also cant find the other violation and how it relates to the glad hands not being covered. He has it writen like this: 34506.3 VC/1245(E)CCR T13 rear glad hands not covered....
Is there a posibility that your driver was displaying a "less than cooperative" attitude when he was stopped?
Not saying its right but attitude is important ;)
Chris

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 04:30 PM
no way...nicest guy youll meet, maybe he came on to him :2purples:

jbtrailerjim
02-10-2005, 04:33 PM
yep,no trailer. I can understand and would agree with that law. Just cant relate it to what he wrote down. :idea:
One more thing. there is no glad hand holder on the truck. Come to think of it, the trailer is the one with the hoses. the truck just has em stickin out the back. I guess your supposed to get some dead ends for it.
Do the gladhands on the back of your truck have a shut off valve on them? If not, just get a set of dummy glad hands to hook on them.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Do the gladhands on the back of your truck have a shut off valve on them? If not, just get a set of dummy glad hands to hook on them.
no shut of valve. Ill get some of those tomorrow. :wink:

mirvin
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Tee hee hee :D You said "dummy glad hands" :D
mirvin

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Tee hee hee :D You said "dummy glad hands" :D
mirvin
thats nothin, I said ill kick you off my job next time your pumping, now that is something you should only say to a girl. But I cant think of any reason to even say it then. :smile:

LAPII
02-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Well as with all three threads just curious if you have the citation in front of you and what sections were written, because not once did any of the threads mention the EXACT CVC section they were written for. There always two sides to a story, there there is the truth right in the middle.

OC-PARTYCAT
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
#1) "24407(b)UC- L/F low beam out of adjustment"
come on, does anyone not agree that this one is crazy. I know, its the law right. yea if the thing was actually out of adjustment. And it was writen during the daylight hours. I give up. Im flying to Sacramento tomorrow.
#2) "34506.3 VC/1245(e) CCR T13 rear glad hands not covered"

Shock21
02-10-2005, 06:08 PM
I try to stay out of these....yes, there are some CS cops out there, and that is too bad....But t he majority of cops, like myself, truly have the interests and safety of the community in mind. I'm a motor cop, bt I don't scratch people until they are at least 20 mph over the limit, maybe thats CS too. Maybe its because of the people I've seen dead because they wrapped their cars around a tree.
I became a cop to work outdoors, excitement, and yes, HELPING PEOPLE. Cops are the only people who run towards gunshots while everyone else runs away.
FOR ALL MY FELLOW OFFICERS OUT THERE I SALUTE YOU AND STAY SAFE...TO ALL THE LE SUPPORTERS, THANK YOU...TO ALL THE BASHERS, MAYBE YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND WHEN YOU REALLY NEED ONE.
Most of us live in nice neighborhoods in nice houses where we feel safe. Well, you feel safe in those nice neighborhoods becaus eof cops. and you don't live in bad neighborhoods becuase of what might happen to you. well guess what, cops walk those streets you don't want to live on every day. you are not subjected to gang violence, car jackings, home invasion robberies....so you really don't know what it is to need a cop to save your ass.....

LOWRIVER2
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
If you feel the cite was wrong, fight it. Sure, most don't due to lost wages but that's part of the process, unfortunately.
Before being a cop I drove a Cement mixer (yeah, mud hauler/lol) for 6 months. While there were some "weak cites" written, I also saw MANY of out of compliance stuff on the fleet I worked for. This was back in 88' and I hear the CHP and commercial enforcers have cracked down a lot on safety issues since then. The commercial industry should be held to a higher standard on safety issues as those vehicles spend a lot more time on the highways than passenger cars and 60k+ vehicles can do lots of damage when they crash.
Not saying that was an issue here, but I understand the need for commerical enforcement as I've been on both sides.

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 06:39 PM
If you feel the cite was wrong, fight it. Sure, most don't due to lost wages but that's part of the process, unfortunately.
Before being a cop I drove a Cement mixer (yeah, mud hauler/lol) for 6 months. While there were some "weak cites" written, I also saw MANY of out of compliance stuff on the fleet I worked for. This was back in 88' and I hear the CHP and commercial enforcers have cracked down a lot on safety issues since then. The commercial industry should be held to a higher standard on safety issues as those vehicles spend a lot more time on the highways than passenger cars and 60k+ vehicles can do lots of damage when they crash.
Not saying that was an issue here, but I understand the need for commerical enforcement as I've been on both sides.
http://jumpsofjupiter.com/moonwalks/popcorn.jpg
In case we run out.
Specially on the trucks coming up from Mexico with NAFTA kicking in and all the Mexican trucks, if you call them trucks, coming up.

RP1
02-10-2005, 06:57 PM
they are not talking about cops, they are talking about the CHP, albeit, they did mention two cops by name, well there is always one bad apple in the bunch
What is the primary function of a motor cop vs. a CHP, wait I'll answer... traffic.
Those in glass houses should probably not throw stones :D

Kilrtoy
02-10-2005, 08:00 PM
What is the primary function of a motor cop vs. a CHP, wait I'll answer... traffic.
Those in glass houses should probably not throw stones :D
First off, I dont live in a glass house because I already broke all the windows.....
There is a big difference, But I plan on going to bed before 6 tommorrow morning.
As simple as I can make it
COMMON SENSE

franky
02-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow,
Mudpumper, why would you jump in on this let alone cruise this bulsh8t Sanbar Crap? These are lonely whiners who have nothing better to do in life that this.
Oh f*kin well, it was your turn, next time make sure your trucks are in compliance so that they are not easy pickins, thay have this mandatory thing called a 90 day inspection that make sure that at least the truck is halfway funcional/decent to be on the road. There is a big diferrece between a Honda Civiv and a Peterbuilt with a 80,0000 GVW. Thank you officer.
Speeking of Honda Civics, my daughter walks out to her car in the morning and finds it in the rotors broken window jacked up ignition/locks. F2ckin Ventura CALI

franky
02-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Oooops, did I say that?

franky
02-10-2005, 08:56 PM
WAIT A MINUTE, i DIDN'T MEAN WHATEVER I MIGHT HAVE SAID, OR NOT!!
that was for you Chris.

MudPumper
02-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Just making a point is all Franky. :cry: :D

rrrr
02-10-2005, 09:41 PM
You guys need to move to Dallas. The only way you'll get a ticket is if you are unlucky enough to broadside a squad car while running a red light....
:jawdrop: :D :D