PDA

View Full Version : why is my boat so slow

Not So Fast
02-10-2005, 03:44 PM
i'm takin my boat in to Magic for some work and i thought i would empty it out. i've always thought that i didnt carry that much crap but when i took it all out this was the results :messedup: 1 olin flare gun, 9 big noodles, blender,craftsman tool case & roll of wrenches,box anchor & gazzilion ft of line, sand spike,2 folding chairs,2 fenders & dock line,table & pedestal,1 paddle(like i could paddle a 28 ft boat),ski flag,12 life vests,6 large towels(color matched of course to boat),1 snorkel & mask,2 first aid kits,15 cool cups, bottle of peroxide, bottle of anti-bacterial soap,2 wind breakers,4 rolls of TP, jumper cables,plastic container of wifes crap(plastic cups,clothes pins,forks & bowls,paper plates ect),gazzilion candle power spot light,asst water toys(footballs,water cannon,frisbees ect.) binoculars, trash bags, large knife, bucket of sand toys, more paper towels, bucket of wipe down rags,10 bottles of sunblock, bag of asst hats!! this what was on board before the beach purses, food, and most important the coolers of beer and 4 or 5 cd cases for music. i dont know why my boat is so slow WTF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

dicudmore
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Mine resembles that remark :hammerhea

phuggit
02-10-2005, 03:46 PM
You didn't find three Eliminator coozie cups did you? I lost some this year.

WYRD
02-10-2005, 03:48 PM
how many bikini tops did you find? :crossx:

Mrs.Racer277
02-10-2005, 03:49 PM
i'm takin my boat in to Magic for some work and i thought i would empty it out. i've always thought that i didnt carry that much crap but when i took it all out this was the results :messedup: 1 olin flare gun, 9 big noodles, blender,craftsman tool case & roll of wrenches,box anchor & gazzilion ft of line, sand spike,2 folding chairs,2 fenders & dock line,table & pedestal,1 paddle(like i could paddle a 28 ft boat),ski flag,12 life vests,6 large towels(color matched of course to boat),1 snorkel & mask,2 first aid kits,15 cool cups, bottle of peroxide, bottle of anti-bacterial soap,2 wind breakers,4 rolls of TP, jumper cables,plastic container of wifes crap(plastic cups,clothes pins,forks & bowls,paper plates ect),gazzilion candle power spot light,asst water toys(footballs,water cannon,frisbees ect.) binoculars, trash bags, large knife, bucket of sand toys, more paper towels, bucket of wipe down rags,10 bottles of sunblock, bag of asst hats!! this what was on board before the beach purses, food, and most important the coolers of beer and 4 or 5 cd cases for music. i dont know why my boat is so slow WTF :2purples: :2purples: :2purples:
OMG are you sure you didn't just empty our boat out. :rolleyes: :) :)

bilgewiper
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I can relate. 14 years ago we bought a 36' Gibson fiberglass houseboat to use as basecamp to our "fun" boat. When we bought it it had nothing but lifejackets in it. It would actually get up and plane out like a skiboat and could actually get somewhere without running the 350SBC up against the redline. Then we added 3 TV's, Galley items, etc etc including 200gallons of gas and water. Still could plane but took 4000rpms. Then the algie grew on its bottom and now it's full displacement all the time with it being happiest just tied to a dock or swinging on the hook somewhere. Weight kills!

AquaBoogie
02-10-2005, 04:00 PM
When you go to put everything back in this summer, make sure you add thru transom exhaust.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-10-2005, 05:13 PM
the usual and customary inventory.
what slowed you down was the 3 cases of boat sodas and the bevy of honey's dancin on the bow!!!!!!!

Tahiti350
02-10-2005, 07:22 PM
I must pack light, all I have in the boat is:
20' rope
4 life vests
fire bottle (5 lb)
paddle
flare kit
2 extra props (different pitches for conditions)
small bundle of tools
2 sets of "mouse ears" (for hose running)
1 bright PINK floating prop wrench (thanks PHX ATC)
Do I need to buy more "STUFF" for my sled to hang with the big dog's?? :confused: :D

1978 Rogers
02-10-2005, 07:33 PM
You beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. :D

Tahiti350
02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Titties and Beer,
Your right, there's more!! I forgot the ski rope :hammerhea
I don't have a lot of room to put things, so have to pack the boat light and the truck heavy :cool: . The 20' rope does triple duty though, it's for launching, tieing up, and, most importantly, for getting towed back to the truck so I can use the rest of the "stuff" when the boat dies. :2purples:
There would be less in the boat IF I sold it, unless they wanted to negotiate for the rest.

Sweet Addiction
02-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Do you actually mean bikini bottoms. :D

Badger301
02-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Hell and I get mad when the wife try's to bring 5 bags of chips. :rollside:

1978 Rogers
02-10-2005, 07:43 PM
Do you actually mean bikini bottoms. :D
Bottoms can be slid to one side. :D

upsman105
02-10-2005, 07:54 PM
shows you how old I am, I'm thinking why would he have more than one bimini top????? :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
02-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Damn can i have some of your stuff please.....

HOOTER SLED-
02-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Dude, pasties(not tops) and micro bikinis for the girls, and an MP3 player instead of the CD cases. That should cut down on some weight. :D

Midlife Advantage
02-10-2005, 09:43 PM
damn! I don't feel so junky anymore! I think I need to do such an inventory...

shueman
02-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Bottoms can be slid to one side. :D
They also make nice steering wheel covers... :D

ColeTR1
02-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Not So Fast!! did you forget the kitchen sink! :hammer2:

PHX ATC
02-11-2005, 07:27 AM
1 bright PINK floating prop wrench (thanks PHX ATC)
:D
Only the cool people have hot pink floating prop wrenches.
Welcome to the club! :D