PDA

View Full Version : Cop bashers suck.

Danhercules
02-10-2005, 05:12 PM
Enough with the LE bashing. They are human. Some have bad days, some do not do their job as good as others. Point is, they are there when we need them, some times not :D (Just kidding)
I just hate to see someone who puts their life on the line bashed like they have been on here the past few days.

plaster dave
02-10-2005, 05:27 PM
You are so right but we are talking about motor cop (sorry miguel) chp traffic cops parking inforcement and anything else that is strictly for the city to make money on us. :rollside: I mean its toprotect and serve to not to protect and write tickets for a lifted truck come on now.

SHOTKALLIN
02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
quit whinning and buy some damn mud flaps!!! :D

vdrivenman
02-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Everyone has a JOB to do ! Some are enforcing traffic laws,some patrol, some investigations.
Enuff give it a break ! We get tickets TOO !

Windy
02-10-2005, 05:36 PM
People who bash people in general suck!

LOWRIVER2
02-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the gesture DH,
Being a cop,I think it's a good thing for guys to vent here. Remember, it's just words and if the complainants feel better after posting, I say cool. I came on here in 01 after a few started calling us assholes as a whole and I challenged them on their experiences. After all said and done, only one had a truly bad experience, the others were all "hype" over a cop's bad attitude. Bad attitude is no excuse when not justified but to take that to label all LE's as wifebeater's rapists, unethical was weak. That incident ended that form of general bashing back in 01".
Hey, if I had a bad experience with a boat company or private business and I wanted to vent, I like the fact I could post here and do it if I chose too. Why should us cops be exempt?
Opinions are like assholes and assholes have some funny opinions. Just my experience/LOL!

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
All they do is generate revenue for the City, State, Etc.. It's rare when you see a cop actually protecting or serving. When you do they are usually F'ing that too, OJ, etc. etc... Around her in Mesa, AZ most of the cops are guys who I went to high school with. They were dumb asses and couldn't get regular jobs so they ended up cops. It isn't about putting there life on the line for many of them it's about shooting, driving fast, and an f'ed up power trip that they like.

Tom Brown
02-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Lowriver, would you let me break a bar stool over your back? It would make me feel much better for a ticket I don't think I deserved.

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the gesture DH,
Being a cop,I think it's a good thing for guys to vent here. Remember, it's just words and if the complainants feel better after posting, I say cool. I came on here in 01 after a few started calling us assholes as a whole and I challenged them on their experiences. After all said and done, only one had a truly bad experience, the others were all "hype" over a cop's bad attitude. Bad attitude is no excuse when not justified but to take that to label all LE's as wifebeater's rapists, unethical was weak. That incident ended that form of general bashing back in 01".
Hey, if I had a bad experience with a boat company or private business and I wanted to vent, I like the fact I could post here and do it if I chose too. Why should us cops be exempt?
Opinions are like assholes and assholes have some funny opinions. Just my experience/LOL!
Hey LOWRIVER2,
How many times have you seen a cop in your office break the law, honestly? Let me guess never right? What kind of boat do you have and how did you buy it, let me guess, your wife writes romance novels or something?
Just F'ing with you but really cops and speed traps are bull shit, all cops speed at some point in time but never have to pay for it and that's BS!

slink
02-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Ape, your right about one thing, being a cop is not a regular job. Thats about the only thing you know about being a cop.

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Ape, your right about one thing, being a cop is not a regular job. Thats about the only thing you know about being a cop.
Not so, my uncle was a State Deputy Sheriff in IL for over 30 years and my brother is an MP, but thanks for letting me know what I know!

slink
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Like I said...........

LOWRIVER2
02-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Lake Ape, you know better than I do:
Democracy is one step above chaos.
Do you even have to ask that question? I work for LAPD, remember Ray Perez, Rampart, Hollywood Burglars, etc.,etc.
Look, read my post over at the other chp thread. IT'S A JOB. Sure , there's LAPD/CHP and LASO (former) officers in state prison as we speak for murder, rape, robbery. Yeah, guess what, life's not pretty. I don't and won't defend any of it, I know what my partner,and myself are accountable for and yes, I can look at myself in the mirror each day and know I did what was right, ehtical, and above all, LEGAL. I could give a rat's ass what others think about me or my bretheren, I just laugh when I call out those who paint all of us with a broad brush as negative. They never can back up their shit with facts of some general "conspiracy"/lol.
Like I said, venting is good, so let it rip.
I'll be damned to ever try to be someone's friend or a kiss ass cause they have a problem with my profession or myself.
As for my job, do a search on yahoo for LAPD METROPOLITAN DIVISION and you'll see why I don't come here often, my job rocks!, I don't need to play on the internet much/LOL

jbtrailerjim
02-10-2005, 06:00 PM
I don't bash cops. I applaud them. They do a job that most don't want to do or have the balls to do. I know I would not want to do there job. I have an ex brother in law that is a Riverside PD and I know a few other cops. Some of the stories I've heard from them are unreal. The shit bags they have to deal with on a daily basis sucks. Yes, there are a few bad seeds in law enforcement but I believe the majority of them are good people.

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Lake Ape, you know better than I do:
Democracy is one step above chaos.
Do you even have to ask that question? I work for LAPD, remember Ray Perez, Rampart, Hollywood Burglars, etc.,etc.
Look, read my post over at the other chp thread. IT'S A JOB. Sure , there's LAPD/CHP and LASO (former) officers in state prison as we speak for murder, rape, robbery. Yeah, guess what, life's not pretty. I don't and won't defend any of it, I know what my partner,and myself are accountable for and yes, I can look at myself in the mirror each day and know I did what was right, ehtical, and above all, LEGAL. I could give a rat's ass what others think about me or my bretheren, I just laugh when I call out those who paint all of us with a broad brush as negative. They never can back up their shit with facts of some general "conspiracy"/lol.
Like I said, venting is good, so let it rip.
I'll be damned to ever try to be someone's friend or a kiss ass cause they have a problem with my profession or myself.
As for my job, do a search on yahoo for LAPD METROPOLITAN DIVISION and you'll see why I don't come here often, my job rocks!, I don't need to play on the internet much/LOL
LOWRIVER2, notice I said that I was F'ing with you. Yes I know all cops aren't bad. I do think that as whole (Big Brush Stroke and All) cops get away with a lot of shit that Joe Blow can't get away with and think that's just wrong. Just because I build houses and I get my plumbing done at a discount because I know the guy doesn't mean cops should get a pass on the ticket they should have been issued for speeding.

Forkin' Crazy
02-10-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey LOWRIVER2,
How many times have you seen a cop in your office break the law, honestly? Let me guess never right? What kind of boat do you have and how did you buy it, let me guess, your wife writes romance novels or something?
Just F'ing with you but really cops and speed traps are bull shit, all cops speed at some point in time but never have to pay for it and that's BS!
And they run red lights, roll through stop signs, improper use of signals, don't wear their seat belts, etc. But wouldn't you if you could get away with it?
And LR, as far as confronting a cop...... HAHAHA!!!!! Have you ever heard the phrase "in fear of retaliation"? LOL!!!! One of my X girlfriends started dating a deputy sheriff. For some reason he hated me (I guess for being there first :p ). I got pulled over 8 times in 4 months all by deputy sheriffs and was never issued a citation. Just harrassed. So, if you ask if I will ever confront an officer of the law? Not just no, but HELL NO!!!!!..... and that goes with complaining to his superior too!
I am not really complaining. Just something I have learned (maybe the hard way) to live with. I am glad we have officers of the law. With out them, the U.S. would be in chaos.
:smile:

LOWRIVER2
02-10-2005, 06:21 PM
The ticket argument will go around and around forever. There's literally a hundred different varibles and scenarios to argue one way or another. That's it, pure and simple.
You probably really hate the fact I have a take home car with automatic weapons. I suppose you detest the fact I drive fast with a siren on when I get called to respond from home to a guy shooting at innocent people from his house or shooting at other cops who are pinned down by automatic/superior firepower.
Go figure?

77charger
02-10-2005, 06:32 PM
You probably really hate the fact I have a take home car with automatic weapons.
YES since i can only own the semi auto version.But bet i can probably shoot as good as you. :) and have to use my own truck to go to the range or desert.

Danhercules
02-10-2005, 06:32 PM
People who bash people in general suck!
I was bashing bashers, dose that mean I double suck? :confused: :D :shift:

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 06:35 PM
The ticket argument will go around and around forever. There's literally a hundred different varibles and scenarios to argue one way or another. That's it, pure and simple.
You probably really hate the fact I have a take home car with automatic weapons. I suppose you detest the fact I drive fast with a siren on when I get called to respond from home to a guy shooting at innocent people from his house or shooting at other cops who are pinned down by automatic/superior firepower.
Go figure?
No variables involved, was he breaking the law or not and did the cop let him go because he was a cop or not, that's my point PERIOD!
I have a take home car too, and I have automatic weapons too, big deal. Actually I like when cops do the job that my tax dollars go for. Thanks for asking. Oh and BTW, it sounds like your on a little power trip to me :eek: !
Pass it around, there's plenty for everyone!
http://www.snappypopcorn.com/images/bags.jpg

LOWRIVER2
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
77, I know you can shoot, seen the photos and you're probably better at the static stuff, to be honest.
Lake Ape,
Been on this site since 01(probably longer than anyone on this thread minus 77", this old fish here does'nt take the "bait" anymore, pass the popcorn to someone else/LOL!

Danhercules
02-10-2005, 06:40 PM
My view on the LE's gettin off on tickets is, every job has perks, some better than others. Thats what it is, a perk. If you want that perk, become a LE. Do you bitch cause some one got a discount from Rex Marine cause he works there? ( I have no idea if Rex gives discounts for employees, just an example)

Lake Ape
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
My view on the LE's gettin off on tickets is, every job has perks, some better than others. Thats what it is, a perk. If you want that perk, become a LE. Do you bitch cause some one got a discount from Rex Marine cause he works there? ( I have no idea if Rex gives discounts for employees, just an example)
Not so, the law is the law. It isn't an F'ing perk to let guys get away with breaking the law and others not. If you think that shiat is right where do you draw the line? A speeding ticket that was deserved, do you look other way on gratuities, maybe some harmless payoffs, maybe murder, where is the line? No one is above the law, no one.
http://home.graffiti.net/poisonpopcorn/pics/bushchair.jpg

77charger
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
77, I know you can shoot, seen the photos and you're probably better at the static stuff, to be honest.
I dont get out to shoot as muchas i use to(at least once a week with the rifles)my main specialty handguns i consider above avg but below you my relaoding stuff is getting less use so i am a little rusty.LOL

Danhercules
02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Not so, the law is the law. It isn't an F'ing perk to let guys get away with breaking the law and others not. If you think that shiat is right where do you draw the line? A speeding ticket that was deserved, do you look other way on gratuities, maybe some harmless payoffs, my murder, where is the line? No one is above the law, no one.
You are right, and if a LE were to get cought letting someone off, he would problaly get fired.
Again, with the Rex Marine perk, no sales tax, Sales tax is the law. (not sayin the Rex Marine breaks the law, just an example)

Jbb
02-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Lowriver ...you'll never take me alive.....copper...... :D

Froggystyle
02-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Lake Ape,
Been on this site since 01(probably longer than anyone on this thread minus 77", this old fish here does'nt take the "bait" anymore, pass the popcorn to someone else/LOL!
OK... I'm here now. I got you both beat on time here... ;)
I get out of a lot of tickets because I am honest with the cop pulling me over, respectful and a great bullshitter. Does this make it wrong? Hell no. Get as much as you can, whenever you can. I will ALWAYS try to talk myself out of a ticket, and I will ALWAYS drop every name I know, usually very humerously. You know like "Wow, I can't believe you don't know so-and-so... just the mere mention of his name is supposed to get me out of anything" or something.
I fracture the occasional ordinance. When I get a ticket, I pay up. I can't stand the desert CHP's on the way to Yuma who wait for any boat trailer doing over 55 as I think that is a dangerously slow speed on a two lane freeway, but I understand why they are there, and have the worlds baddest radar detector and a whole list of places to slow down and such to go with it. I am careful, I am safe... but technically speeding.
PS, I have lobbied against the 55mph rule for trailers and supported legislature to rescind it... so get off of me about trying to change the problem. ;)
Flame on folks... I am fireproof by this point.

haulina29
02-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Low River do you know any of the guys who wrote in white paint in two foot block letters LAPD DEVONSHIRE DIVISION on the rock in the cove at Big Bend years back? I would actually think cops could write tickets twenty four seven if they wanted too . How many times do you see people doing stupid shit in a car ? As far as lifted trucks go I haved owned one or two and when you lift it you know if its legal or not same goes for window tint . Right now I have a 82 foot hauler titled as a motorhome the trailer has a non comercial permanent tag no matter how you try to justify it its illegal in California . This is my second one and I have never been pulled over not even a second look . My quess is every CHP officer in the state that has passed me knows that its to long . I have even asked them what they think and they say if it nice and you are in the slow lane driving the speed limit we arent going to look at it but if you are in the fast lane flashing lights for people to move and have bald tires and no tags then were going to impound it . Last year in my hiboy I was on my way to Del Mar going up the Grapevine and heard a loud speaker asking where I learned to drive and had no clue where it was coming from then a CHP cruiser came by and waived so i waived back when we stopped for gas the guys i was with said I completly ran him out of his lane and had no fenders also he was either cool or late to get home lol . So to say they all suck is kinda wrong . just my 2.5 cents Mitch

NitroMan
02-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Low River do you know any of the guys who wrote in white paint in two foot block letters LAPD DEVONSHIRE DIVISION on the rock in the cove at Big Bend years back? I would actually think cops could write tickets twenty four seven if they wanted too . How many times do you see people doing stupid shit in a car ? As far as lifted trucks go I haved owned one or two and when you lift it you know if its legal or not same goes for window tint . Right now I have a 82 foot hauler titled as a motorhome the trailer has a non comercial permanent tag no matter how you try to justify it its illegal in California . This is my second one and I have never been pulled over not even a second look . My quess is every CHP officer in the state that has passed me knows that its to long . I have even asked them what they think and they say if it nice and you are in the slow lane driving the speed limit we arent going to look at it but if you are in the fast lane flashing lights for people to move and have bald tires and no tags then were going to impound it . Last year in my hiboy I was on my way to Del Mar going up the Grapevine and heard a loud speaker asking where I learned to drive and had no clue where it was coming from then a CHP cruiser came by and waived so i waived back when we stopped for gas the guys i was with said I completly ran him out of his lane and had no fenders also he was either cool or late to get home lol . So to say they all suck is kinda wrong . just my 2.5 cents MitchAnd this one time at band camp.

Desert Rat
02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I have always thought that in every area of society is every aspect of society. There are good cops, bad cops, lazy cops, corrupt cops, dickhead cops and nice cops as there are same in the medical/technical/DMV/auto mechanic fields and so on. I like the line some have taken on this forum that it is a place to vent but some of the cops/CHP think that any slam on the uniform is a personal slam. Lighten up. I will bet that if asked each LE on here could name quite a few of their fellow officers that the do not trust and would not want around their family as I could in my field of employment.
Do I think ALL cops and CHP suck? Not quite but I do think that the CHP are more or less revenuers of the new age. Sure if you brake the law you must nut up and pay the fine but I find a big difference in laws and regs between states. Take the tow speed between CA and AZ, AZ takes the practical approach and allows trailers to travel at the posted speed but the communist state of CA must “Protect” its citizens and lower the speed to 55. I bet more money is made off of this limit then we know not to mention how many lives are lost yes I said lost due to this law. How many of us have seen somebody try to pass a vehicle/truck trailer combo to almost get killed and take us out with them? Most all. This is just one of many stupid laws and don’t even get me started on window tint laws in CA!!!!!!!!!
I know quite a few good cops that I count as friends and most think CHP’s could use a big dose of lighten the FUC K UP!! Not all in any field are bad but when I get a ticket I try to be courteous and have had cops that weren’t. I chalk that up to bad day on their part and try to move on. Most CHP I have come across are Aholes and the few that are nice (even when issuing a ticket) are IMO the exception. RANT OUT!!

rrrr
02-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey LOWRIVER2,
What a tool....
When you gonna turn 18 Lake Ape?

Midlife Advantage
02-10-2005, 09:51 PM
You are so right but we are talking about motor cop (sorry miguel) chp traffic cops parking inforcement and anything else that is strictly for the city to make money on us. :rollside: I mean its toprotect and serve to not to protect and write tickets for a lifted truck come on know.
just remember that revenues from tickets do not go to the agency writing them, they are distributed to other places to avoid such bashing....

plaster dave
02-10-2005, 10:33 PM
just remember that revenues from tickets do not go to the agency writing them, they are distributed to other places to avoid such bashing....
No Shit but it's still for the revenues. One's revenue is for this agency and one's is for that. I dont have a problem with the cops that do police work like fighting crime. I also think that the city doesn't think that the police write enough tickets that is why we are getting all these cameras on the corners everywhere.
I know it is just a job but you asked to be a traffic cop instead of arresting gang bangers and drug dealers.

plaster dave
02-10-2005, 10:45 PM
Oh ya I forgot to say that 3 family members are cops and 2 friends so I do know that ot all cops are pricks but alot are. :)

RACRJEFF
02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Out of 3 different cop threads ,alot of people bitch that cops get out of tickets but so do firemen, they dont get ticketed either. they have bitchen schedules,big bitchen red trucks , bitchen wives and they average 30k more a year then a copper and even the a$$holes like the fire department for the most part. my buddy is a burbank firefighter and everytime i call the guy he's BBQ ING or playing hoops, im not bashing firefighters im just plain JEALOUS AND ADMIT IT !!!! a lil off topic i know.

Kilrtoy
02-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Who could hate a fireman.
They only work 6 days a month, get paid great are always hugging babies and their HOT MOMS while hubby is working. Always playing ball, eating and working out. During the summer WASHING their TRUCKS AND BOATS while on duty, getting ready for the river for the next 7 days, in the winter washing and cleaning their dirt toys, they used from their 5 days off....
Why would anyone hate a fireman.......

Bense468
02-11-2005, 12:05 AM
They only work 6 days a month, get paid great are always hugging babies and their HOT MOMS while hubby is working. Always playing ball, eating and working out. During the summer WASHING their TRUCKS AND BOATS while on duty, getting ready for the river for the next 7 days, in the winter washing and cleaning their dirt toys, they used from their 5 days off....
Sounds good to me. Most the ones I know work more then 6 days a month though. But thats pretty much there life until they have to run into the burning building when everyone else is running out. :wink:

Kilrtoy
02-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Sounds good to me. Most the ones I know work more then 6 days a month though. But thats pretty much there life until they have to run into the burning building when everyone else is running out. :wink:
You are right I forgot about OT at time and a half (1 1/2) and double time(2X), they work 12 days a month.....

Windy
02-11-2005, 05:41 AM
In OC they work 10 24s a month...and get 4 days off at a time.

all charged up
02-11-2005, 06:35 AM
No Shit but it's still for the revenues. One's revenue is for this agency and one's is for that. I dont have a problem with the cops that do police work like fighting crime. I also think that the city doesn't think that the police write enough tickets that is why we are getting all these cameras on the corners everywhere.
I know it is just a job but you asked to be a traffic cop instead of arresting gang bangers and drug dealers.
Gang bangers and drug dealers speed too. I love working traffic and have been on the job for 12 1/2 years. Motor always shiney and highboots always polished (the chicks dig 'em).
I let people go all the time. Honest hard working people that own up to what they were doing wrong and deserve a break. It's totally my choice if they get a coupon or go about their day. I'm always curteous and don't take it personal.
If your a hater, so be it. Jealousy runs deep with some people. I dont know what some of you have such a beef with. I have been to defensive driving school for a speeding ticket, I get dressed and go to work just like the next guy.
:cool:

Bense468
02-11-2005, 12:47 PM
You are right I forgot about OT at time and a half (1 1/2) and double time(2X), they work 12 days a month.....
Its a good deal...If you can get in

Lake Ape
02-11-2005, 12:59 PM
What a tool....
When you gonna turn 18 Lake Ape?
Never!

Kilrtoy
02-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Its a good deal...If you can get in
We have a winner, Trust me I jealous of those guys. The have the good life

mirvin
02-11-2005, 02:20 PM
To be honsest I really don't see that much "Bashing" going on here. Everyone knows what it's like to get a ticket. Lot's of people know what it's like to get a BAD ticket. People are just venting.
When I read about someone's bad experience with a boat builder I don't see a heap of people get upset because someone is badmouthing a builder......Do we not have the right to complain about a ticket.
Everyone knows that there's always more to the story then what is being told and I'm sure nobody reads a cop bashing post and then decides cops are bad.
I've had good and bad experiences with LE and honestly I can't say that I've ever gotten out of line. In fact I've NEVER said anything other then "Yes Sir, No Sir" (except once when my wife was getting a REAL BAD ticket). SO what's to explain the vast difference in the way I've been treated??
Just like anything in life there's the good and the bad and hopefully you can stear clear of the bad ;)
mirvin ;)

SandbarScot
02-11-2005, 02:59 PM
More cops in here than I thought. :D
I have over 17 years on. Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I will stand on my own reputation.

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 04:27 PM
You know I read these post of people bitching about all types of professions but when you hit home on someone they get their pantys in a bunch. I am a Contractor but if someone post that their contractor sucks or all contractors are flakes I dont care cause its not me. Lighten up coppers its just online chating we are not recording records that say "F*** THE POLICE". I do like cops and they have helped me in the past.
Now lets talk about boating and chicks like the forum was intended. :D

rvrjunkie
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
Now lets talk about boating and chicks like the forum was intended. :D[/QUOTE]
Well said :D

Sanger D
02-11-2005, 05:34 PM
WELL, I,ve got some OFFICERS in my family and some are real dickheads and some are pretty danm cool,I think we have to trust that they will make good HONEST judgemental decisions,cause when their on the beat thats what they do,"make a judgement"all we can do is hope they will be honerable,remember,people get what they,ve got comin,cop or not.residentual speeding,hang em, school zone,hang em (no excuse),under the influence,hang em,if they kill someone in an accident(like what happened to my sister),because of being intoxicated,lock em up and trial them as a murdererPERIOD!! DO NOT let them out on the streets,EVER!! BUT!!! I have owned nothing but hot rods as drivers and lifted old model 4x4,s and have been nothing but herassed because of the kind of car I was driving,not over the top tasteless crap but beautiful 70 cameros and 71 corvettes and 72 blazers that where all done with class,and I was NEVER a idiot behind the wheel,I cruzed and saved it for the track,but I have been known to eccess the posted speed limit on the HWY,and have gotten a total of 4 speeding tickets in my life and thats it ,nothing else,and was treated like a delinquent and told" you guys and these kind of cars" instantly marking me as a stereo type,wasnt very nice!!!!WE will ALL answer to a GOD one day for our actions and weather you beleive it or not (I dont care )but you had better be honest in the position that you have been appointed to,the more authority given to you the more accountable you will be made!!! COUNT ON IT!!!SO thats my good for nothin 2 cents ,BTW,the only law I think sucks and does nothing but hurt us is the noise law for our boats,I,m sorry but if you write a ticket for this ,you are a frickin LOSER!!I don,t care if it is a law its wrong and it takes money out of our pockets and familys mouths ,its BS and so is anyones reason for agreeing with it,inforcing it will make a nice cop into a DICKHEAD!!!! :) OH PLEASE arrest JEFF the manager at havasu marina,this is a disease that must be removed :2purples:
Sanger D

moneypit
02-11-2005, 07:48 PM
I think the people who bash cops are guys that couldnt become a cop. Too much weed or couldnt run an 8 minute mile.
I never wanted to become a cop and I get pissed every time I get a ticket. But I dont whine dont say I got treated unfairly. I got what I deserved. I dont think they deserve special applause or special reckognizing. They signed up and get paid for it. Im sure they will agree.

mbrown2
02-11-2005, 08:05 PM
We have a winner, Trust me I jealous of those guys. The have the good life
My best friend is a fireman and they do have the life....great job...
He normally chooses stations that stay very busy....but as a Medic in those stations he never sleeps....but 9-10 days a month working is not bad at all.
Also, sounds like Lake Ape's wife was taken by a cop :2purples: :cool: j/k ....get over the professional courtesy thing...the worlds not perfect.

C-2
02-11-2005, 09:05 PM
My observation is...cops can be like vato's - cool to hang out with until that uniform goes on!!!!
Kidding aside, I'm surprised by the number of cops on this board and overall, think ya guys have been pretty open minded.
Slowly but surely the good ole' boys network mentality and network is going bye bye, which is a good thing. Gives you coppers more time to do what you love to do - take down bad guys.
Getting a lousy ticket is just another curveball we run into in this game we call life. No biggie.
:)

77charger
02-11-2005, 09:07 PM
funny you mention i work in construction and have had to waterproof their new showers all i have seen are the best lazyboys in the stations and them bsing and having fun with each other,also some are contractors that i do work for so they do bring in the bucks,BUT i would hate to be one they have to work esp summertime brush fires when it is 100 plus degrees outside and all that heavy gear,and work for days straight.they got my respect on that!!!

Midwest_Miss69
02-11-2005, 11:03 PM
My Dad was a traffic cop for 20 years. There are good ones and bad ones. I know! He'd come home complaining about the shitheads he had to work alongside! He always let you go 5-6 miles over the speed limit before he'd pull you over for speeding and if you were honest with him and didn't bullshit him he'd give you a break. But my Dad was the biggest bullshitter I knew so if someone tried to bullshit him he'd get so pissed. However this was in Wichita, KS and I don't know what it's like in California. And also this was 20 years ago also! lol :rollside:

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 11:33 PM
My Dad was a traffic cop for 20 years. There are good ones and bad ones. I know! He'd come home complaining about the shitheads he had to work alongside! He always let you go 5-6 miles over the speed limit before he'd pull you over for speeding and if you were honest with him and didn't bullshit him he'd give you a break. But my Dad was the biggest bullshitter I knew so if someone tried to bullshit him he'd get so pissed. However this was in Wichita, KS and I don't know what it's like in California. And also this was 20 years ago also! lol :rollside:
I agree with you totally. :D

plaster dave
02-11-2005, 11:34 PM
I agree with you totally. :D My uncle had his ticket book taken awy cause he only wrote 5 tickets in 6 months. :D

99 232 baja
02-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Most cops I have come across are usually young ,and they think they have something to prove. They also think that a gun and badge makes them the #1 dude in town. I have met a few good ones though but they are far and few in between. But by human nature we all want a cop when we need them. I think all in all they do a job most of us do not want to do. I live in a small town where the cops think they are kings ,and I went to school with most of them and they were alll self centered mommas boys.

PowellScooter
02-12-2005, 06:57 AM
hmmmmmm interesting.....