PDA

View Full Version : FELLAS your opinion counts here........

a catered life
02-12-2005, 08:09 AM
ok its that dam time of the year where you have to express your love for your woman more than you do all year by spending money on chocolates, little skimpy cloths, stuffed animals and stuff like that just for her to leave the candy in the frig and the dam kids eat it and the skimpy stuff never gets worn again cause you were so excited the first time she wore it, you tore it and she never fixed it. and dont forget the stuffed animals who live under you bed hiding the remote from you :D
so what are some of your ideas for this great day? i was thinking of matching life vest for the boat?????????????? :D practicial and usable

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
02-12-2005, 08:14 AM
ok its that dam time of the year where you have to express your love for your woman more than you do all year by spending money on chocolates, little skimpy cloths, stuffed animals and stuff like that just for her to leave the candy in the frig and the dam kids eat it and the skimpy stuff never gets worn again cause you were so excited the first time she wore it, you tore it and she never fixed it. and dont forget the stuffed animals who live under you bed hiding the remote from you :D
so what are some of your ideas for this great day? i was thinking of matching life vest for the boat?????????????? :D practicial and usable
well what is she getting you?????? :idea:

ahhell
02-12-2005, 08:15 AM
personally, I did the card and candy thing, after 20years we have most everything. I do like the matching vest idea....but you know your wife/significant other more than us. sometimes just a mushy card and dinner out works....my .02

Flying Tiger
02-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Sounds as good as anything.

Mrs.Racer277
02-12-2005, 08:19 AM
HER!!! :D ;) :D

a catered life
02-12-2005, 08:22 AM
she always goes all out.....always says she getting me nothing but thats a lie.usually some cloths, card you know the usual.........we have been together for a long time and like ahhell said we got everything............ except that rental property......next year... :supp:

Forkin' Crazy
02-12-2005, 08:38 AM
HER!!! :D ;) :D
Some how I knew there was going to be a smart ass answer in here somewhere! ;)
:D :D :D
Candy and a card. :sleeping:

Roxysnow
02-12-2005, 09:27 AM
Ha! that's a good one!

switchin'addiction
02-12-2005, 09:34 AM
i was thinking of matching life vest for the boat?????????????? :D practicial and usable
Obviously no newlyweds here. :D :D :D

a catered life
02-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Obviously no newlyweds here. :D :D :D
far from that :devil:

mike37
02-12-2005, 10:20 AM
one red rose
diner at here favorite place not yours
then get a private hot tub for an hour or to with a bottle of wine

moneypit
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Screw Victoria Secret. By her stuff from here... (http://www.wickedtemptations.com/) :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Krazy K
02-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Valentine's Day??? What's it for?? :wink:
I've been single for so long, I've forgotten......

djunkie
02-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Just do what I do. Take her shopping and let her buy what she wants. Just you being with her in all those miserable ass stores usually makes them happy. Not much of the surprise factor there but if you've been with her for a while sometimes it doesn't matter. Then maybe take her to dinner but don't let her know where until you get there. Thats usually enough surprise to make them happy. Good luck. I'm off to do the miserable right now. :cry:

AirtimeLavey
02-12-2005, 11:58 AM
As much as what you say makes sense to us guys...women aren't looking for practical on V-day. Been there, done that, didn't work. :hammerhea
Mike37 has the right idea...IMO.
Good luck. :220v:

djunkie
02-12-2005, 12:01 PM
As much as what you say makes sense to us guys...women aren't looking for practical on V-day. Been there, done that, didn't work. :hammerhea
Mike37 has the right idea...IMO.
Good luck. :220v:
I guess it probably depends on the girl. Mine would rather have something she could use instead of some flowers that will die in a couple of days.

mbrown2
02-12-2005, 12:08 PM
For a girl that has everything, Flowers never get tired......they always love to get them at work so they can display them on their desk for all others to see....I don't get it, but they dig that shit...
Anyway, if you want bomb a$$ flowers arrangements like none you have saw, try Marks Gardens in Sherman Oak's CA....they have been doing the flowers for the Acamdemy Awards and Governor's ball for the last 11 years....
I delivered them this morning to her work....
I doubt she would have been happy with a matching lifeline...for her that's like me buying her a toolbox, but all girls are different...my .02

AirtimeLavey
02-12-2005, 12:10 PM
I guess it probably depends on the girl. Mine would rather have something she could use instead of some flowers that will die in a couple of days.
That's a special woman...a keeper for sure. You're right, though. Just gotta know your woman...then again, is that ever really possible?

manuel
02-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Make her a card yourself by hand, no computer stuff, and just tell why you love her, no mushy stuff or she'll know you didn't write it, it'll mean more than anything you could buy, you'll get a better reaction than any lingerie or candy, give it to her at a nice place for dinner. Manuel

Nucking futs
02-12-2005, 03:17 PM
I have a conflict of intrest on this day, being its my b-day it always seems that i can never make her happy.My ex gave me shit about this special day of love, and was never happy with anything i did for her.One time i sent flowers to her at her office and i get a call saying, " why did you send flowers in a basket?, I hate baskets!!!" So sometimes it just blows up in your face.So my advise, which i hate to give out is just do somthing from your heart and it should all work out and if not take it like a man and sweep out the dog house!!!!!!!
Tim

djunkie
02-12-2005, 03:34 PM
That's a special woman...a keeper for sure. You're right, though. Just gotta know your woman...then again, is that ever really possible?
I've done the whole flowers deal. She just seems more happy when I take her shopping to buy something she wants and can use. I still get the flowers but she really doesn't act like she cares to much for that. She'd rather have a new swimsuit or something like that.

JetBoatRich
02-12-2005, 07:02 PM
She has me :eek: what else does she need :wink:
This year, my wife is coming up north with me for two days of dining and a good time :cool: Then I fly her home Tuesday so I can get some work done :eek:

Boy Named Sue
02-12-2005, 07:18 PM
Just my opinion -
If you're single and you feel you have to do some big grandstand play on SV day then you're an insecure sap and the relationship won't last another month anyway so forget it. On the other hand you have to do something special and I think on this day it really is the thought that counts. Big expectations can lead to big disappointments I'm afraid. Keep it simple stupid.
Married folks, just remember newbies this holiday will be back in a year so don't shoot your wad in the first couple years, then what will you do next year. Again, its the thought that counts, so get to know your spouse.
but what do I know.

Kim Hanson
02-12-2005, 07:38 PM
I have allways went with Diamonds , 12 Long stemmed Roses and supper...she has alot of diamonds now so thats out so it looks like roses and supper and Im going to send her a e-mail Valentine Card { I leave at 5:30 in the Am everyday } she will love it!
Sue, you have to do it....I get in the good books really good for when I fock up and am on the chit list ( which seems to be alot latley ).....I think diamonds might be good also, just for that added ahhhhh! :p .......( . )( . )..........
What the hell do I know though, my luck after cheating on that many women...I will go to HELL and find out the devil is a chick :p :D

mikensue
02-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Puupies are always good....

Boy Named Sue
02-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I have allways went with Diamonds , 12 Long stemmed Roses and supper...she has alot of diamonds now so thats out so it looks like roses and supper and Im going to send her a e-mail Valentine Card { I leave at 5:30 in the Am everyday } she will love it!
Sue, you have to do it....I get in the good books really good for when I fock up and am on the chit list ( which seems to be alot latley ).....I think diamonds might be good also, just for that added ahhhhh! :p .......( . )( . )..........
What the hell do I know though, my luck after cheating on that many women...I will go to HELL and find out the devil is a chick :p :D
Well Kim, for the rest like you there is always the Kobe Bryant approach...
I would also bet that in your personal hell the devil is a small titted pissed off chick who has been waiting your whole life to meet you...
:eat:

a catered life
02-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Screw Victoria Secret. By her stuff from here... (http://www.wickedtemptations.com/) :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
nice site :eek: i just bookmarked that one
looks like i found something for her a very nice watch with diner and flowers, she told me my gift ws going to be half of the bill for the boat repair :D (thats my girl)....that was the best gift ever cause it could be around $1200 in repairs........depends on how far eliminator wants to bend me over :jawdrop:

kp216
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Get her a new shotgun. If she doesn't like it, you'll just have to keep it.
But I'm on wife #3, so I probably shouldn't be giving out advice... :D :D

a catered life
02-13-2005, 03:44 PM
lol :D you lucky none of them ever used the gun on you :supp:

locogringo
02-13-2005, 03:55 PM
I got her a few of these this year. Different and it will last forever. Kinda pricey but made out of 14kt gold and such and is from a real rose.
Gave her one of a pure gold dipped one probably 8 years ago and thought I would add to the collection.
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/images/p0001436b.JPG

a catered life
02-13-2005, 03:57 PM
I got her a few of these this year. Different and it will last forever. Kinda pricey but made out of 14kt gold and such and is from a real rose.
Gave her one of a pure gold dipped one probably 8 years ago and thought I would add to the collection.
http://www.steinhausenonline.com/images/p0001436b.JPG
nice real nice

locogringo
02-13-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks. all I ask for each year on Valentine's Day is for her to try some"yogurt" but to no avail. Maybe I should try re-wording it this year?
:rolleyes: :D

a catered life
02-13-2005, 04:11 PM
ouch :sqeyes: it depends on what she is wearing when you say it

Boy Named Sue
02-14-2005, 12:35 AM
I just spoke to the girl I've been bangin. She told me what SVD means to her.
I'm a dead man.