PDA

View Full Version : Rex Marine Power Silencers.....Anybody??

Big Bear
02-12-2005, 04:25 PM
Has anybody had any experience with these mufflers? I have a 28ft. Advantage Victory with a 496 HO. My tips are above water while idling. I think the test boat in Hot Boat with the 496 had tips which were underwater during testing. I dont trust the results. I think the Rex tips look great so I would like to hear about power loss. My boat is not all that fast so I would hate to lose any of what I do have. Has anybody been tested with these on a boat with the tips out of the water? I sure dont mind spending the money (well I lied!! I do hate spending the $$) I just want to make sure I am picking the best product. At least before my boat sounded like it was faster than it really was.

shadow
02-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Check with LHC30Victory.I belive he put Rex's on his boat.He's got twin 496's but
can probablly give you some first hand feed back.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-12-2005, 04:34 PM
We've got a 525 and have the Rex Marine Power Silencers. Our exhaust exits above the waterline and under the integrated swimstep so it's basically a sound chamber. The Power Silencers brought us down to the requirements of the new CA law with no performance loss.

Big Bear
02-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Thanks Scott. I figured if a 525 powered boat could get by the Havasu Marina's test, it must be pretty quiet. If I had more motor like you do, I wouldn't be as worried about power. I wish I would have ponied up the extra $ for the 525 when I bought the boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I wish I would have ponied up the extra $ for the 525 when I bought the boat.
Best thing we ever did. Were just going to go with the 500 but said screw it and went with the 525 since I ahd heard the 500 was going to be phased out.

Big Bear
02-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I've thought about Whipple Charger and that new package from Raylar for the 496 sounds good too. I got the XR drive when I had the boat built just in case.

rivercrazy
02-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Expect to loose about 150 rpm with the rex marine silencers. That is my experience and the experience of a few other's I know.

Big Bear
02-13-2005, 11:35 AM
So if the Rex silencers will drop me 150 RPM which I really do not want to lose, which mufflers are backing up their claim of no power loss? The Northstars marketed by Livorsi I believe open up as throttle is increased and are very quiet at idle but they run $1500 for the pair. OUCH!!! Anybody out there tried them or any other brands for that matter?