PDA

View Full Version : Rex Marine Silencers FORSALE

roln 20s
02-13-2005, 01:25 PM
Hello everyone-
Dr Marg purchased these bad boys a couple months ago- still in the box because he found out they WILL NOT FIT his boat since the exhaust is mounted so high under the transom. Brand NEW- never mounted, still in Box. His loss, your gain- $749.00---He'll eat the TAX and Shipping.
PM him or me...and I'll give you his number. WILL not Last!!!
Roln 20s

Coleitis22
02-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone-
Dr Marg purchased these bad boys a couple months ago- still in the box because he found out they WILL NOT FIT his boat since the exhaust is mounted so high under the transom. Brand NEW- never mounted, still in Box. His loss, your gain- $749.00---He'll eat the TAX and Shipping.
PM him or me...and I'll give you his number. WILL not Last!!!
Roln 20s
His Loss?? Don't get it. $749.00 is list price from Rex. Who's doing the "MOUNTING" HERE?

Procraftkev
02-13-2005, 02:48 PM
Your savings is in the no tax and "FREE" shipping.

roln 20s
02-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I don't know how much they cost-- that was just the price he said. I know when he bought them, he was one of the last to get them before the huge wait kicked in. Not sure about the wait time now.
Roln 20s

Troubles No More
02-13-2005, 04:48 PM
What engine setup does the Dr have is his boat?
I have the 496 HO with the same Howard 25 bullet, just wondering if they would fit..

THOR
02-13-2005, 04:52 PM
I have the 496 HO with the same Howard 25 bullet, just wondering if they would fit..
HE has the same as you. Wont fit.

THOR
02-13-2005, 04:54 PM
His Loss?? Don't get it. $749.00 is list price from Rex. Who's doing the "MOUNTING" HERE?
Then it sounds like you should call Rex and get the no tax and free shipping deal then. :rolleyes:

Troubles No More
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
THOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubles No More
Thanks for the info....

THOR
02-13-2005, 05:07 PM
TNM,
is your Howard that loud at idle? My Ultra is roughly the same size with the same motor and I pass at idle, but my exhaust sits partially in the water. I am not running mufflers and dont intend to.

Troubles No More
02-13-2005, 05:18 PM
THOR
I think it sounds great, but other people in the boat feel it’s loud enough to get pulled over or a ticket.
If I keep this boat I will buy a muffler for it, I just want to have good time on the water and not get harass by the LE.

THOR
02-13-2005, 06:07 PM
THOR
I think it sounds great, but other people in the boat feel it’s loud enough to get pulled over or a ticket.
If I keep this boat I will buy a muffler for it, I just want to have good time on the water and not get harass by the LE.
Your exhaust must exit above the water line. True?

Troubles No More
02-13-2005, 08:37 PM
THOR
If I remember right, the exhaust is at or just a little above the water level, It sounds loud at idle.

Coleitis22
02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
Then it sounds like you should call Rex and get the no tax and free shipping deal then. :rolleyes:
Thanks for your unhyphenated insight. :D

THOR
02-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks for your unhyphenated insight. :D
;)
I thought you'd enjoy that.

roln 20s
02-14-2005, 11:20 AM
THOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubles No More
Thanks for the info....
Troubles No More-
His may fit your boat, its the same boat. It just depends how high your exhaust exits the boat. For some reason, his exits just under the swim step so there isn't enough room to bolt those on. If yours is barely over the waterline, you will not have a problem putting them on your Bullet. Post a pic and I'll let you know, or call and ask Mike how high they mounted your exhuast--he'll be able to tell you if they fit.
Thanks,
Roln 20s

TPI
02-14-2005, 11:53 AM
Troubles No more,
If you are still thinking of selling that boat.........let me know. I know someone looking for that exact combination, and he likes yellow/red. Also, I dont think the Rex tips will fit on your Bullet, without some modifications.

Troubles No More
02-14-2005, 05:15 PM
Roln
I ‘m not trying to hijack your thread.
GT
I am in a cheerful mood today, .......
So in my best wiseguy expression.......make me an offer I cant refuse..
Just send me cash or an e-mail, offering me your price.