PDA

View Full Version : What So Cal beaches have fire pits

JustMVG
02-13-2005, 01:45 PM
What beaches allow fires on the beach or have fire pits.
Thanks MikeVG

djunkie
02-13-2005, 01:49 PM
What part of so. cal. are looking at. I think there is some at Bolsa Chica down in Huntington Beach. Also up the coast past Malibu there is some. Can't exactly remember the name. Or even farther down south towards Oceanside.

HOOTER SLED-
02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Huntington Beach allows bonfires. I believe the name is Dockweiler Beach, down in Playa Del Rey. Just south of Marina Del Rey. I think there is a campground there too. It's been awhile.

HOOTER SLED-
02-13-2005, 02:01 PM
What part of so. cal. are looking at. I think there is some at Bolsa Chica down in Huntington Beach. Also up the coast past Malibu there is some. Can't exactly remember the name. Or even farther down south towards Oceanside.
You may be talking about Leo Carrillo. It's right at the L.A. County/Ventura line. Right where Mullholland Dr. meets PCH. Just north of Pepperdine. Cool little campground there. It sits in a canyon just on the other side of PCH. You can walk to the beach under PCH from the campground. If you've never been and like the ocean and camping, I recommend it.

djunkie
02-13-2005, 02:03 PM
You may be talking about Leo Carrillo. It's right at the L.A. County/Ventura line. Right where Mullholland Dr. meets PCH. Just north of Pepperdine. Cool little campground there. It sits in a canyon just on the other side of PCH. You can walk to the beach under PCH from the campground. If you've never been and like the ocean and camping, I recommend it.
Thats exactly it. I couldn't remember the name. I haven't been there in years but it is a nice place right on the beach. Had some very big bon fires there. :)

Debbolas
02-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Lots of fire pits in Huntington State Beach (from the jetty up to the pier) :rollside:

Windy
02-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Lots of fire pits in Huntington State Beach (from the jetty up to the pier) :rollside:
Cept they dont put them out til closer to summer time. Newport Beach has pits to. HB and Newport close at 10.

Debbolas
02-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Cept they dont put them out til closer to summer time. Newport Beach has pits to. HB and Newport close at 10.
Really?!
I didn't know that :sqeyes:
They actually move those big old things?, wow! :idea:

Krazy K
02-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Corona? State Beach. It's on the southside of the opening to Newport Bay.

Flying Tiger
02-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Pismo Allows them.
Malibu banned them except for a few permits they issue.
One episode of the Osbornes was about this.
Damn shame really. The summer camps can no longer have nitetime campfires.
Catalina beach campgrounds (outside of Avalon) mostly still allow them.

shueman
02-13-2005, 09:19 PM
doheney state beach (dana point) allows fire's and they do have pits / must put it out by 10:00 p.m. - :( keyes
Mike, Dana Point is very nice....grass areas, tables, shade, etc....worth the trip south...

Waldo
02-13-2005, 10:06 PM
What beaches allow fires on the beach or have fire pits.
Thanks MikeVG
I live about 5 minutes from Dohene State Beach...if you are bringing a camper/trailer...you need to make reservations 6 months in advance.
Day/night fun...go to HB. Lots of pits but be careful of the alcohol comsumption. My wife got a ticket many moons ago for an open beer.

JustMVG
02-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Mike, Dana Point is very nice....grass areas, tables, shade, etc....worth the trip south...
We want to have a birthday party for our neice, and we were thinking of taking the RV, does Dana Point allow RV's and do you know if there's a length limit i am at 36 ft.
Thanks

Waldo
02-13-2005, 10:30 PM
We want to have a birthday party for our neice, and we were thinking of taking the RV, does Dana Point allow RV's and do you know if there's a length limit i am at 36 ft.
Thanks
We take my brother's 30 WW every mother's day. It is very tight with the 30...you might want to call...call like 6 mos in advance.

JetBoatRich
02-14-2005, 05:52 AM
Thats exactly it. I couldn't remember the name. I haven't been there in years but it is a nice place right on the beach. Had some very big bon fires there. :)
I believe it is called Thornhill Broom :D Ventura/LA county line
They all face the beach and have a fire ring :D