PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered My New 34' Kachina Drone!!!

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I JUST ORDERED MY 34' DRONE!!!! If they had been making these when I ordered my Shadow30' 16 months ago I would have bought one instead. http://www.kachinaboats.com/drone34/index.html but they weren't so I bought the next best thing.
I am soooo pumped man, I can now do all my Catalina stuff and some SCOPE runs without fear of an engine going down on me not to mention a deeper vee for slicing through the chop and about twice the freeboard.
I'm going to get a little crazier with the paint this time and for the most part my trademark dalmation theme will be gone, but instead of blatently ripping off someone elses design I am taking pieces of different stuff I like and throwing it together (I'll explain later).
I am going with stock power (496HO) for now, after they are out of warranty I'll do something to them (whipped or procharge) promptly blow them up and then put some bad boy Larry Peto's in there
So for those of you not familiar with Kachina sit back and enjoy as I will be posting many pics while the beast is being built. I am supposed to take delivery mid May just in time for our major holidays and at some point I will be boatless because my 30' is going on the market at a really good price so she'll go quick.
Oh yeah, DEAN FERRY, this is all your fault, pulling your Nordic Flame all the way to Cape Canaveral with the mighty Dodge 2500 was what got me thinking "hey I need a boat with twins'
Peace,
Kenny

Havasu Hangin'
02-14-2005, 08:57 AM
Congrats, Ken.
Better upgrade to a Top Kick while your at it!
:cool:

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Congrats, Ken.
Better upgrade to a Top Kick while your at it!
:cool:
And this coming from a Cig owner :rollside: :D

dicudmore
02-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Congrats Ken :D
Can't wait to see it :cool:

Garrddogg
02-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Congrats that is one BADASS boat (wish i had the bread)
Gary

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Gary
What makes you think I can afford it??? I'm buying it anyway! :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Gary
Gary I saw your new sicko ma-cheen in the rigging bay, Brett was going to town on her man! The new 600 is looking good in there buddy!
kenny

OGShocker
02-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Congrats!! :D :D :rollside:

Garrddogg
02-14-2005, 09:13 AM
Gary I saw your new sicko ma-cheen in the rigging bay, Brett was going to town on her man! The new 600 is looking good in there buddy!
kenny
Thanks man,I gonna call you today

dicudmore
02-14-2005, 09:16 AM
What makes you think I can afford it??? I'm buying it anyway! :D :D :D
I like that attitude :D

HCS
02-14-2005, 09:16 AM
Awesome.

Sane Asylum
02-14-2005, 09:33 AM
I JUST ORDERED MY 34' DRONE!!!! If they had been making these when I ordered my Shadow30' 16 months ago I would have bought one instead. http://www.kachinaboats.com/drone34/index.html but they weren't so I bought the next best thing.
I am soooo pumped man, I can now do all my Catalina stuff and some SCOPE runs without fear of an engine going down on me not to mention a deeper vee for slicing through the chop and about twice the freeboard.
I'm going to get a little crazier with the paint this time and for the most part my trademark dalmation theme will be gone, but instead of blatently ripping off someone elses design I am taking pieces of different stuff I like and throwing it together (I'll explain later).
I am going with stock power (496HO) for now, after they are out of warranty I'll do something to them (whipped or procharge) promptly blow them up and then put some bad boy Larry Peto's in there
So for those of you not familiar with Kachina sit back and enjoy as I will be posting many pics while the beast is being built. I am supposed to take delivery mid May just in time for our major holidays and at some point I will be boatless because my 30' is going on the market at a really good price so she'll go quick.
Oh yeah, DEAN FERRY, this is all your fault, pulling your Nordic Flame all the way to Cape Canaveral with the mighty Dodge 2500 was what got me thinking "hey I need a boat with twins'
Peace,
Kenny
Ken.......Very nice........Quit holdin out on the paint......What's it gunna be this time??.........Black lab or Australian shepard... :D :D j/k
Are you getting the "Offshore hull" laminate structure......Louied had priced this for me a couple of years ago but I ended up buying my Sunsation......
Can't wait to see it....

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:46 AM
I like that attitude :D
Thanks, Hot Boat taught me it :eek:

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Ken.......Very nice........Quit holdin out on the paint......What's it gunna be this time??.........Black lab or Australian shepard... :D :D j/k
Are you getting the "Offshore hull" laminate structure......Louied had priced this for me a couple of years ago but I ended up buying my Sunsation......
Can't wait to see it....
It will be layed heavy yes indeed.

PHX ATC
02-14-2005, 11:49 AM
You go man!
I give you 2 months, make that 2 trips out in it, before you change up the power. 2 trips, money's big on that one. :D

dicudmore
02-14-2005, 12:31 PM
You go man!
I give you 2 months, make that 2 trips out in it, before you change up the power. 2 trips, money's big on that one. :D
I'm with ya on that one.....
He's already looking to drop them Merc motors :2purples:

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
No way, I am running those lil shitboxes til the warranty is up at least. I am officially poor now.

PHX ATC
02-14-2005, 03:42 PM
No way, I am running those lil shitboxes til the warranty is up at least. I am officially poor now.
Yeah, right, whatever. :rolleyes: :notam:

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Congrats!!! :rollside:

Scream
02-14-2005, 05:18 PM
Good news Ken, that Drone looks pretty cool IMO
Can't wait to see what you and the Kachina Folks come up with.
Scream

H20 Toie
02-14-2005, 06:06 PM
i guess you were happy with them if your going to buy another one, i was bummed that they weren't at the LA boat show but i have to go to Arizona in march so i'll check them out then. Maybe by the time you get it i'll have a better boat and can join you out in the big blue.
Congrats.

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 07:11 PM
i guess you were happy with them if your going to buy another one, i was bummed that they weren't at the LA boat show but i have to go to Arizona in march so i'll check them out then. Maybe by the time you get it i'll have a better boat and can join you out in the big blue.
Congrats.
Kachina is pretty despised by alot of other boat manufacturers. They are not allowed or rather not invited to participate. It was over a decade and a half before they could even be in the PHX boat show.
Just to give you another example of the boat show organizers pettiness, we aren't even allowed to use the show lighting we used last year because we upstaged the shit out of everyone else and they complained. It's a true story. Now all we are doing is typical booth lighting. Charly (DCB) also does the same kind of show lighting I do, his DCB setup is huge @ the L.A. show. PHX is just a little behind the times, about 20 years :jawdrop:

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 07:53 PM
We are so happy with our Kachina Boat :D You are in for a treat :D

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 08:16 PM
We are so happy with our Kachina Boat :D You are in for a treat :D
???
I have one now Deb, I know what the treat tastes like and I WANT MORE. Its like you got an ice cream sundae. Well bring on the chopped peanuts and add some whipped cream, I'll take a cherry too!

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Do you have pics?
We are taking ours back next month for some minor adjustments............it's such an awesome boat company, very nice people......... :D :D
Did I mention we LOVE our boat? :D
I just wish we had gone with the bigger engine, halceon fire control system and the bow wedge cushion...... :D
Any pics or details from your boat?

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Do you have pics?
We are taking ours back next month for some minor adjustments............it's such an awesome boat company, very nice people......... :D :D
Did I mention we LOVE our boat? :D
I just wish we had gone with the bigger engine, halceon fire control system and the bow wedge cushion...... :D
Any pics or details from your boat?
Debbie, sweetie, honey, baby.... it isn't even in the mold yet. I will however do an entire thread on it with 100's of pics. I am selling my 30' Shadow real soon so if you know someone hook me up. Yup , Brett is one of my best friends. I want to kick Pat in the junk from time to time but I think hes just sniffed to much gelcoat and resin is all. Louie is the man yes, he likes to keep his distance but once he lets you in hes a teddy bear.
You mean HALON, HALCYON is a sleep aid which was determined to cause memory lapse so you dont want any of that unless you want to slip Scream a mickey and take advantage of him .

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Debbie, sweetie, honey, baby.... it isn't even in the mold yet. I will however do an entire thread on it with 100's of pics. I am selling my 30' Shadow real soon so if you know someone hook me up. Yup , Brett is one of my best friends. I want to kick Pat in the junk from time to time but I think hes just sniffed to much gelcoat and resin is all. Louie is the man yes, he likes to keep his distance but once he lets you in hes a teddy bear.
You mean HALON, HALCYON is a sleep aid which was determined to cause memory lapse so you dont want any of that unless you want to slip Scream a mickey and take advantage of him .
LOL :D
Thanks for setting me straight, I would HATE to ask for a fire extinguisher and have them give me some pills.............
:D

KACHINA KEN
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
LOL :D
Thanks for setting me straight, I would HATE to ask for a fire extinguisher and have them give me some pills.............
:D
especially those, I think it was what messed up Pres Reagan, or was it George Sr?????

Debbolas
02-14-2005, 09:25 PM
Well, I am coveting the NEW engine.....................(sigh, pant.............) :wink:

hotlavey
02-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Ken,
Just wondering what the base price is on the 34. As I'm not too familar with Kachina, are they stepped, ventilated, single or double stepped, vacuum bagged, etc. I guess I could call them but don't want a sales pitch yet, just a little info.
Thanks,
Tom

locogringo
02-14-2005, 09:59 PM
fear of an engine going down on me
Can you introduce me to your engine because mine won't do what yours is doing. I'd like to be able to experienc that. Been married for far too long. :)
oh, and congrats on the 34.

Bense468
02-14-2005, 10:02 PM
wow...congrats man. Must be nice to be rich LOL

robert_pv
02-15-2005, 12:08 AM
Way Cool !!

Garrddogg
02-15-2005, 07:59 AM
When are they gonna start?