PDA

View Full Version : When it rains...it pours

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:19 PM
So after my house was burglarized on Friday I take my truck into the shop to get re-keyed since they stole a set of my keys. Well, the dealer calls yesterday and says a lot attendent crashed my truck... :cry: Truck is three months new. I am pissed to say the least. I got a call into the president of the dealer to see what they are going to do about it. The service lady said they have to replace the whole bed. I've got bad bad luck. :devil:

H20Advantage
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Shit how fast was he going and does he have a drivers license?
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Lock yourself in the house and don't come out until it is safe :redface:
Is the frame bent also?????

plaster dave
02-15-2005, 06:27 PM
I feel for you.

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Shit how fast was he going and does he have a drivers license?
Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. Lock yourself in the house and don't come out until it is safe :redface:
Is the frame bent also?????
I haven't seen it but they said he "mis judged" a turn and hit a pole.

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:29 PM
I feel for you.
thanks.

NOTALENT
02-15-2005, 06:32 PM
Sorry To hear that bro! I would make them get a new truck depending on the damage..personally i wont drive a car thats already been crashed...

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry To hear that bro! I would make them get a new truck depending on the damage..personally i wont drive a car thats already been crashed...
That's what I'm going to ask the President to do, but well see what happens... :argue:

NOTALENT
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
That's what I'm going to ask the President to do, but well see what happens... :argue:
Ask??? No..Tell him what u want..Just think of all ur points prior to the conversation..Mainly Saftey Issues, The condition u brought it in..etc..and if all else fails.."I dont want to have to get my lawyers involved" haha.. :D good luck..

jlnorthrup122
02-15-2005, 06:43 PM
That sucks bro! If the truck is only 3 months old then I would definatly request a new truck for sure! and as for the stress of the hole situation there has to be a brite side or something good to come in the near future to look forward to! the burgulary deal was most likely someone who knows somebody that lives or is afiliated to the house! sorry to hear about your luck bro!

ratso
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Make them replace it. A buddy of mine bought a new yellow Vette, the tech at the dealership "lost" control of it and hit another car. He got another new one.

shadow
02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
This is really screwed but be prepared for them to tell you to call your insurance.
You probablly signed a work order that said the dealership is not responsible for theft or damage.Chances are they will fix it but i've worked for dealerships a long time and i've seen them tell a customer to call thier insurance.Thats a long shot but they can and might try that tactic first.Things can only get better and you can atleast look back and say all your bad luck has ran out.
Now it's time for some good things to come your way.

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:58 PM
Make them replace it. A buddy of mine bought a new yellow Vette, the tech at the dealership "lost" control of it and hit another car. He got another new one.
What did your buddy do? Did he just ask for them to get him a new one or did he get a lawyer?

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Damn Joey...WTF is going on with all this bad luck recently? Sorry to hear about the misfortune...once again
Damn Tom. No idea what the hell is going on. Thanks.

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 07:00 PM
This is really screwed but be prepared for them to tell you to call your insurance.
You probablly signed a work order that said the dealership is not responsible for theft or damage.Chances are they will fix it but i've worked for dealerships a long time and i've seen them tell a customer to call thier insurance.Thats a long shot but they can and might try that tactic first.Things can only get better and you can atleast look back and say all your bad luck has ran out.
Now it's time for some good things to come your way.
They are already in the process of fixing it...with out my insurance. I hear you on the luck has to get better from here. I better knock on some wood... :hammer2:

victorfb
02-15-2005, 07:16 PM
i know its tough to understand right now. but really, you have been having good luck in a way. it wasnt you that crashed your new truck and nobody was home or even worse injured or killed durring the break in of your home. i think you need to count your blessings and hug your wife and kids and be thankfull that you are all still healthy. :)

shadow
02-15-2005, 07:20 PM
They are already in the process of fixing it...with out my insurance. I hear you on the luck has to get better from here. I better knock on some wood... :hammer2:
Good atleast they're not trying to bone ya and crash your truck.It only gets better from here and summer is just around the corner.
I was at the car wash a couple of years ago and watching my new f150 Supercrew being pulled out to be dried and the dude stepped on the gas instead of brake,jumped the curb smashed the truck into a building both air bags,windsield bent the frame etc.I was in shock to say the least,didn't know wheather to drag julio out of the truck or call the cops.So i went to the cashier and told her give me a refund and the phone to call the cops Figured if i dragged julio out of the car me and my truck would be in impound.

ratso
02-15-2005, 07:28 PM
What did your buddy do? Did he just ask for them to get him a new one or did he get a lawyer?
He buys a new one every two to three years, threatened an attorney, and they located him a new one.

ratso
02-15-2005, 07:32 PM
I know a lot of body shops do awesome work, but bottom line, at least to the trained eye, the repairs will be noticable. My truck had some damage and the bedside had to be repaired and entirely re-sprayed. The job looked damn nice, but now a year and a half later, I have a few spots where the clear is starting to chip away and I've been having to re-touch these areas.

WYRD
02-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune In November My wife left me, my dog ran away, and my house got robbed so I know what it feels like, but It gets better.......
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_58.gif
Gonna miss the dog too!!!

upsman105
02-15-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry your dog ran away, and your house got robbed....but at least there was a silver lining. :)

WYRD
02-15-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry your dog ran away, and your house got robbed....but at least there was a silver lining. :)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif
Like I said I sure do miss the DOG

Perfect Mixer
02-15-2005, 08:01 PM
At least you don't own the M3 that got wrecked at my work last week. Seems the car had really poor tires on it (like completely bald). Our QC guy took the car out to check for an intermittant "air bag" light and lost control at around 45 mph. Witnesses say that he wasn't hot rodding, and he's OK. I'm not sure if we are going to cover it due to the neglect on the customers end. Of coarse, the squeeky wheel gets the lube, and we'll probably end up giving them a brand new M3 in place of it! The car was a total loss, and well... the air bag light is back on! I agree, it could be a lot worse though.

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune In November My wife left me, my dog ran away, and my house got robbed so I know what it feels like, but It gets better.......
DAMN!!!! :eek:

Midlife Advantage
02-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Damn Joey...WTF is going on with all this bad luck recently? Sorry to hear about the misfortune...once again
ITS AN EVIL WIND I TELL YA! THE END IS NEAR! I slipped on a piece of Pergo Sunday and landed on my ass, two weeks after back surgery. I woke up this morning and my kitchen is flooded. WTF!

Midlife Advantage
02-15-2005, 09:14 PM
yer killin me Larry. I would miss my dog more than my EX! This is startin to sound like so many Country songs....

Midlife Advantage
02-15-2005, 09:15 PM
So after my house was burglarized on Friday I take my truck into the shop to get re-keyed since they stole a set of my keys. Well, the dealer calls yesterday and says a lot attendent crashed my truck... :cry: Truck is three months new. I am pissed to say the least. I got a call into the president of the dealer to see what they are going to do about it. The service lady said they have to replace the whole bed. I've got bad bad luck. :devil:
so what does this do to Glamis brutha? sorry to hear all this shite.

WYRD
02-15-2005, 09:27 PM
We should change the name of this thread to the LOSERS LOUNGE lol!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_1.gif

Domn8er
02-15-2005, 09:40 PM
so what does this do to Glamis brutha? sorry to hear all this shite.
Well, I called them after work today to check the status due to no call from them at all. They were going to order a new bed and paint it but ended up just pulling a bed from a truck on their lot. I like this way better. Tomorrow they are going to get my bed liner re-sprayed since I had it in my bed. So Glamis is still going to happen. Now, hopefully we will have some good weather.

ROZ
02-15-2005, 10:37 PM
PM Ratso, he may have a wife for you :D

WYRD
02-15-2005, 10:52 PM
PM Ratso, he may have a wife for you :D
I heard he has a spare one or two laying around!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

BoatPI
02-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Don't believe anything that is typed on that work order. The dealership has a duty to use care and provide reasonable security for your vehicle. This is just a disclaimer. We have an expert on the boards, he is a BAR inspector. Check with him. The dealership and it's employees have a duty to drive carefully, not carelessly. Common sense.
I had a friend that left his car at a local dealership a year ago. He had $300 in CD's in the car. Someone had left the car UNLOCKED overnight. Seems innocent, but reasonable is the word here. He sued them in small claims court and won the $300 and fees in a NY second. Had the car been locked, things may have been different.

OGShocker
02-16-2005, 08:08 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems. This thread sounds like a Country Tune.

gnarley
02-16-2005, 08:41 AM
When life gives you lemons make lemon aide.
I would ask the owner of the dealership for a written preapproval for your next new truck at his COST, with no additional dealer markup with ALL factory discounts applied to it when you want to buy the next one from him. Fixing your truck isn’t enough and let him know.
IF you don’t ask you don’t get and this door doesn’t open very often.

a catered life
02-16-2005, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear of your problems. This thread sounds like a Country Tune.
lol and i hate country music...........dam dude sorry to hear about the news if i'm right r u the same person that was with the stolen truck form the boat show? and your house got broken into last week and now the truck.........ouch. double ouch and triple ouch.wtf? through all the bad luck you should thank god for these small messages he is sending you. look at it like this you got your health which is the most important thing right now. just get your truck back and make sure you are totally happy with it before you take it home. good luck and really sorry to hear about the mess :)

Domn8er
02-16-2005, 10:25 AM
lol and i hate country music...........dam dude sorry to hear about the news if i'm right r u the same person that was with the stolen truck form the boat show? and your house got broken into last week and now the truck.........ouch. double ouch and triple ouch.wtf? through all the bad luck you should thank god for these small messages he is sending you. look at it like this you got your health which is the most important thing right now. just get your truck back and make sure you are totally happy with it before you take it home. good luck and really sorry to hear about the mess :)
yeah, that is me. My buddy's truck was stolen from the boat show and now it was my turn for the bad luck. You're right about having my health and loved ones safe. Thanks for the support. :smile:

WYRD
02-16-2005, 11:50 AM
HEY I have an idea maybe if we do wite a country song and play it backwards everything will come back!!
Sombody just needs to press stop when it comes to the exwife part though don't need that back. The dog would be nice to have though!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_24.gif

Domn8er
02-16-2005, 12:05 PM
HEY I have an idea maybe if we do wite a country song and play it backwards everything will come back!!
Sombody just needs to press stop when it comes to the exwife part though don't need that back. The dog would be nice to have though!!
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_24.gif
I think that is a good idea... :hammerhea

INFINITEJJ
02-16-2005, 12:42 PM
When life gives you lemons make lemon aide.
And then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

Domn8er
02-16-2005, 01:07 PM
So I get a call from the president of the dealer. I tell him I want a new truck, he said I understand but you are getting a new bed instaled so it is like a new truck. After a minute of talking we hang up. I decided to call him back. I said, I want to go on record and ask for a new truck. He thought I was crazy. He said what are you going to do if I don't...sue me. I said as a consumer who purchased my truck from your dealership I want to see if you are going to handle this by giving me a new truck. I said I brought my truck to you new and would like a new one in return. Not one with parts from another truck...What do you think???

WYRD
02-16-2005, 01:17 PM
So I get a call from the president of the dealer. I tell him I want a new truck, he said I understand but you are getting a new bed instaled so it is like a new truck. After a minute of talking we hang up. I decided to call him back. I said, I want to go on record and ask for a new truck. He thought I was crazy. He said what are you going to do if I don't...sue me. I said as a consumer who purchased my truck from your dealership I want to see if you are going to handle this by giving me a new truck. I said I brought my truck to you new and would like a new one in return. Not one with parts from another truck...What do you think???
Good for you now next time you talk to him simply reply I am not gonna sue you but my lawer might!!!