PDA

View Full Version : Sigepmock

riverbound
02-16-2005, 12:47 PM
How do you like the way the box turned out?
was there yesterday when they were building it.

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Bill,
It turned out great!! Dave and the guys did a great job. I'm still getiing a little light headed when driving around from the fiberglass :( but they sound great and no rattles. Here's some pics.....it's no DCB :eek: :crossx: but I think it turned out great:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495DCP_0542-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5495DCP_0543-med.JPG
I can't say enough good things about Dave and the guys at Al & Ed's in Ontario they really did a great job. Just what I wanted.
Chris
PS Thanks Bill for putting me in contact with them.

Artv
02-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Did you upgrade the the other speakers?

phuggit
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Looks sweet Chris.

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 02:17 PM
No just left the factory Bose system alone. Tapped into the wiring under the center console where the factory sub and amp are located with a line converter to RCA's. I run the factory stereo with the base turned down about three clicks and the stock speakers actually sound pretty good, the factory sub fills in the mids, and the 10" subs in back fill in the rest. Nothing too fancy but pretty good bang for the buck.
Chris

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Phuggit I still have those two 8" subs and amp for Operation "Thunder Mule".......I'm ready when you are.....Just imagine cruising that mule up and down the block bumping....ita b off da hook fo shizzle my nizzle. :D werd!!!

phuggit
02-16-2005, 02:24 PM
LMAO. Wheels and tires first.
I checked AZ DMV on Monday. I only need a driverside mirror and liability insurance for the plate

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Sweet.....Street legal Thunder Mule!!! I can see it now..... I'll donate the subs and amp....we can incorporate the sub box into the rear seat....we'll talk next weekend and start working on some sketches... :D

Artv
02-16-2005, 02:29 PM
No just left the factory Bose system alone. Tapped into the wiring under the center console where the factory sub and amp are located with a line converter to RCA's. I run the factory stereo with the base turned down about three clicks and the stock speakers actually sound pretty good, the factory sub fills in the mids, and the 10" subs in back fill in the rest. Nothing too fancy but pretty good bang for the buck.
Chris
Did they do everything. I have the Bose system. I want a little more base. Not looking to drop big coin into the system.

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Art,
I did the original hook up of the subs. I had a 12" sub in a box I built back there originally but it was too big for the space and didn't sound that good. So Al & Ed's built a new box, installed two new 10" JL subs, re-mounted my amp, and redid some wiring. It was just under $700. Call or PM Parker(Dave) and see what he can do. You could probably get away with a single 10 or 12 and a smaller amp. At least he can give you a straight answer and good prices. Very stand up guy.
Chris

Artv
02-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Thanks

riverbound
02-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Glad you are happy, it turned out really good. Especially next tothe box we took out. :rollside: Fiberglass is nice isnt it?

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah after I open up the box I built I was pretty embarassed. :frown: Fiberglass is the way to go. Thanks again. How's the 6x9 boxes/pods coming? I'm interested in a set for under my hatch on the boat. I still have two channels open on the amp. :D

riverbound
02-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah after I open up the box I built I was pretty embarassed. :frown: Fiberglass is the way to go. Thanks again. How's the 6x9 boxes/pods coming? I'm interested in a set for under my hatch on the boat. I still have two channels open on the amp. :D
Dave should have them ready for sale in a couple of weeks, I will be doing a set of them on my boat as soon as they have time for me.

sigepmock
02-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Cool. I'd like to see a set installed. Form what Dave said they should be pretty sweet. Keep me posted.
Chris

riverbound
02-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Mine are going to be mounted on the poles so they are removeable. the only way to get in/out of my boat is climb over the engine hatch so I dont want to leave it open to heasr them.
These just drop an and when you want to loeave they just pop right out. Since they are up out of the boat when you are at the sandbar/beach you can actually hear the music loud and clear outside of the boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/681Picture_208.jpg