PDA

View Full Version : HID Light Conversion....

Ivan Dan
02-16-2005, 11:31 PM
Where is the best place to get this from? How much should I expect to pay for the high/low beam setup? Anyone on here sell them?

TOBTEK
02-16-2005, 11:57 PM
so I hear you have a nice new truck ;) let us know IF you do the H.I.D's! man I used to flashed all the time in that the way it was, its going to be like driving into a cameras flash every few seconds if you do the blue's! I have to turn the lights to the running lights at a stop light now....freaking Gnarley with the new one :2purples:

Ivan Dan
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
so I hear you have a nice new truck ;) let us know IF you do the H.I.D's! man I used to flashed all the time in that the way it was, its going to be like driving into a cameras flash every few seconds if you do the blue's! I have to turn the lights to the running lights at a stop light now....freaking Gnarley with the new one :2purples:
I'm going to do the HID's as soon as I find someone on here that sells them or has a hook up on them. I haven't gotten flashed at all yet....suprisingly because I actually cranked the torsions up a little too so the truck actually sits about an inch higher in the front now. I bought a K & N intake setup from Bowtie Rick (THANKS a lot man I appreciate it) and hopefully gonna do the exhaust soon too.

dc96819
02-17-2005, 05:20 AM
try here
http://shop.sportruck.com/lights/hid/index.html
http://www.truckperformance.com/

Sherpa
03-15-2005, 10:17 AM
the truckperformance URL didn't have any HID lighting on their site.....
I too am looking at HID systems for a jeep.
anyone else know where to look-?
www.Iguanamotors.com is one site I've found along time ago...
--Sherpa

Beer-30
03-15-2005, 10:42 AM
www.hidexpress.com has probably every type you could want and seem pretty affordable.

Ivan Dan
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
www.hidexpress.com has probably every type you could want and seem pretty affordable.
Thanks! Funny thing is I actually found that website last night by searching google. I did find a few cheaper places but this one seemed like they had the most selection. The thing that sucks is you have to buy a kit for the high and low beam so you are looking at like $800 or so. I want to do the exhaust on the truck before I spend $800 on HID lights.

Beer-30
03-15-2005, 05:34 PM
You're welcome. Yeah, you must be driving a Ford to need the Hi/Lo. Either way, if us GM owners want both Hi/Lo, we have to buy two kits! Sucks