PDA

View Full Version : jamaica

RobR.
02-17-2005, 08:52 AM
We are thinking about going to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary. I am looking for info on places to stay, what to do, what to avoid and the things that you must see. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Been there once as part of a cruise. Dunns River Falls was cool but that was about it. The all-inclusive resorts are supposed to be pretty nice. Far better places to go IMHO, like Grand Cayman or Cayman Brac.

Infomaniac
02-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Jamaica is great if you stay on the resort.
There is horrendous poverty outside there and the locals will hound you to buy something relentlessly.
Io would highly recommend Grand Cayman or Cancun or Cozumel

Slider
02-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I would do Tahiti.Jamaica,well is third world and its not very clean.But if you have to go?.Go to negril.Stay away from KIngston at all cost.And also go to an all inclusive resort.

NorCalCat
02-17-2005, 09:20 AM
We are thinking about going to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary. I am looking for info on places to stay, what to do, what to avoid and the things that you must see. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
My wife and I are going to Sandals Negril in 2 weeks baby! We are going for our 5 yr. Fully inclusive, heard great reports about it. The inlaws travel a ton, and they said it is a great place, just stay there. The resort is huge and everything is included. I have been to Jamaica before, and it is a fun place if you know where to go and where not to go.
I'll report back sometime after the 9th of March. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Funny.... we are going in March for out 10 year anniversary. This will be my second time there. I went to Negril in 2002. Going to runaway bay this time. The resort will depend on what you want to do.
I would highly suggest an all inclusive resort if your a big eater and drinker. Its worth it!! :D
From my experiance in Negril, of course your going to see a lot of poverty, but the locals are way cool as long as you do not disrespect them, they leave you alone except when they try to push stuff on you ( 24/7 ) though, I didnt care for that too much. Off the resort tours & stuff is expensive. Souviners are average price. We hooked up with a taxi driver there that took us ever where we wanted, and "proctected" us when we were overly harrased from the pushers once. We went to a local club, peeps left us alone in there, Check out the sign. lol
Here is the superclub website superclubs (http://www.superclubs.com/) I booked out vacation with Kenna at
Changes in L'Attitudes
3080 East Bay Drive
Largo, FL 33771
(800) 330-8272
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366club_rules_1-med.jpg

1ASKYDV
02-17-2005, 09:30 AM
My wife and I are going to Sandals Negril in 2 weeks baby! We are going for our 5 yr. Fully inclusive, heard great reports about it. The inlaws travel a ton, and they said it is a great place, just stay there. The resort is huge and everything is included. I have been to Jamaica before, and it is a fun place if you know where to go and where not to go.
Stayed at Sandals Negril for our honeymoon a few years back. It was great, and its right next door to Hedonism II! :cool:

XTRM22
02-17-2005, 09:34 AM
My wife and I have been to Sandals Negril twice, once on our honeymoon, and once on our our 5th anniversary last March. I highly recomnend it!! the food the atmosphere, everything about it is the best. While we were there last year, we met a travel agaent who told us that Negril is Sandal most poular resort and has the highest number of return visitors. I figure we'll save up for another year or two and go back, it's not cheap but worth every penny!! Make sure you go to RIck's Cafe for sunset cocktails, but I don't recomend jumping into the lagoon from the cliff, I did everything just right and still seriously bruised my tailbone (age is setting in). Pm me if you'd like any additional info on Sandal Negril, it's the best vacation destination we've been to.
Chuck

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
02-17-2005, 09:35 AM
We had our honeymoon at Sandals in Negril. I thought it was a great deal. I think anything that is all-inclusive is worth it for a few simple reasons- you are not always having to dig money out of your pockets for the little things. It was nice to roll up to the bar, get a beer or two, and not have to pay a tab and tip. Also, the resort has everything you could want to do. We did leave for a while and like Scuba said, it is way expensive. And the poverty in the surrounding area will bring your spirits down a little. But it also made me thankful for what i have.
IMO- Sandals Negril is worth the money. And the ride there is a trip!! Put your seatbelt on.

switchin'addiction
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Go to negril.Stay away from KIngston at all cost.And also go to an all inclusive resort.
Yup!!!!!!!!!!!

wedge44
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
My wife and did Sandal's Ocho Rios...BEAUTIFUL and clean close too Dunn's River...we did Dunn's river tour No Harassment at all protected from locals etc...we also did Blue Mountain Bike Tour (all downhill except for last 350'..uphill) also somewhat protected but expensive. As stated earlier It is 3rd world country, stay on resort except resort sponsered tours...also Ocho Rios has Sandals Golf Resort, wife and I golfed twice that week beautiful course with caddies etc..full treatment...ets ALL inclusive and the resort has some serious parties....Ocho has 5 Restaurants eat and drink 24/7....Have fun :D :D :D

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Hey we will be there in March also. Maybe we can get together and have a drink or two :D :D :D
Really? :D :wink:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Stayed at Sandals Negril for our honeymoon a few years back. It was great, and its right next door to Hedonism II! :cool:
Did you see the Hedo peeps storm the Sandals beach and walk back? :D :hammer2:
Some of best memories are from that trip! :D
If you go go to Negirl Ricks Cafe is a must! Great atmosphere best sunset I have seen. (#2 is havasu by site six) :cool:
I cliff jumped at Ricks focking thing was high, cliff jumped at some other place too (forgot where) we did a booze cruise that took us. Went fishing as well. :D So glad we are taking off in 3 weeks! This thread just got me all pumped up!

Ziggy
02-17-2005, 09:48 AM
We have stayed at a Sandals(Ocho Rios) there some years back. And as others have said there is severe poverty outside the complex walls but the locals will treat you like kings/queens if you buy a T shirt here and there.
Without a doubt the All-Inclusive resorts are the only way to go...can you say, "How much will I drink?" :D :D
Although it was highly discuraged by the resort we did end up hiring a couple local dudes in a Ponga Boat. They took us up river into the jungle, kinda scary at first as we passed a few places where there was nobody but Rastafarians...........but these two guys were fantastic(Squiggy and Michael were their names :D ) and took us to their local hangouts, snitched some coconuts and ate those in a fashion we'd never seen, ended up at a spot that was a bar/grill under a Tiki hut setup. Excellent grub and drink we got from them.
All in all, I'd visit Jamaica again in a heartbeat....but for a change up 5 years ago the wife and I spent our 10th in Fiji.....the friendliest people I have EVER met.
Have a great time, where ever you end up

RP1
02-17-2005, 10:01 AM
I've stayed at Ocho Rios a few years back. As Scuba has indicated, the country is poor which leads to begging/pushers on the streets. However, if you treat the locals nice, they will be very helpful and respectful of you. Tours are always a good way to go also.
I too would suggest an all-inclusive resort if you can swing it. This will also cut down on the need to interact with the poverty stricken areas and begging/pushers on the public beaches.
All in all, you will have a great time and the place looks awesome and the food is killer. Try a "Jerked Meat" restuarant while you're there... great taste.

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I almost for got about the Jerk Chicken!! I can eat that ish all day long! :wink:
KH... you are a focker. :argue: There will be no Jimmy Buffet coments or music on this vacation. Just some kick ass Reggae!!! If you like Reggae music they play some ish you will never hear in the states! :) They do also play every day stuff like Shaggy, Bob, etc.

wedge44
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
P.S. too all....Wife works for Very Very Popular Cruise line as Logistical food and beverage buyer.....can u say food shipped too these exotic places...sits in metal container for up too 3 weeks.... few days on the dock....few days on the boat ....few days in customs...need I say more...trust only local fruit EVERYTHING ELSE IS IMPORTED... :D :D :D I'm referring to Fiji and surrounding places Tahiti etc....

RobR.
02-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Scuba when will you be going? Our anniversary is not until May buy we are looking at going in the end of March. Our friends went to the Couple resort in Negril. That is the resort we are looking at.

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Scuba when will you be going? Our anniversary is not until May buy we are looking at going in the end of March. Our friends went to the Couple resort in Negril. That is the resort we are looking at.
March 11th. We booked this in July. You might have to pay a premium for the short notice or you might get lucky if they are not full.
If you have the coin I would try the Grand Lido in Negril. I hear that place is like a palace. Right next to Hedo II. :)

NorCalCat
02-17-2005, 11:21 AM
March 11th. We booked this in July. You might have to pay a premium for the short notice or you might get lucky if they are not full.
If you have the coin I would try the Grand Lido in Negril. I hear that place is like a palace. Right next to Hedo II. :)
Scuba, we will just miss you. We will be headin home March 9th. I'l leave my mark. You will know I was there. :devil: :lightsabe :lightsabe

carbonmarine
02-17-2005, 11:23 AM
I have been to Jamaica 12 times or so... I have stayed exclusivly at Super Clubs Resorts.... All inclusive always the best of the best ! ...people, food, etc, etc....
Of all the resorts GL- Braco, Beaches, H3 , H2 , GL -Negril ... Hedo II & Grand Lido Negril take the cake..!!! Its the ultimate set up....
1) ya wanna rage - stay at H2. The people are great !
2) ya wanna be mellow and rage some ... Stay at Grando Lido and walk
over to H2 ...
One thing I can tell ya if you go to Negril....is when you depart... Charter a plane to the airport ( www.timair.com ) ... you'll get more time at the resort
and less time hanging out on a bus and at the airport...... Oh and eat lunch one time at Cosomo's... have the Escovietch Fish w/ Scitch Bonnet Sauce and a Ting !
:cool: :cool: :cool:

NorCalCat
02-17-2005, 11:32 AM
I have been to Jamaica 12 times or so... I have stayed exclusivly at Super Clubs Resorts.... All inclusive always the best of the best ! ...people, food, etc, etc....
Of all the resorts GL- Braco, Beaches, H3 , H2 , GL -Negril ... Hedo II & Grand Lido Negril take the cake..!!! Its the ultimate set up....
1) ya wanna rage - stay at H2. The people are great !
2) ya wanna be mellow and rage some ... Stay at Grando Lido and walk
over to H2 ...
One thing I can tell ya if you go to Negril....is when you depart... Charter a plane to the airport ( www.timair.com ) ... you'll get more time at the resort
and less time hanging out on a bus and at the airport...... Oh and eat lunch one time at Cosomo's... have the Escovietch Fish w/ Scitch Bonnet Sauce and a Ting !
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Isn't the drive to Negril short. Is it worth flying? What if you fly into Negril from Montego Bay Air port, does the resort have a shuttle or do you just take a taxi?

AquaBoogie
02-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Funny that this thread popped up. My wife just won the trip a day contest on the wave (94.7) Monday and she picked Jamaica. She's been doing research on Jamaica ever since. So far, she's leaning towards Montego Bay. I'm not sure when we'll be going, but I'm sure it will be sometime soon.

al cole'holic
02-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Sandals, and stay on the resort properties...good times! :cool:

carbonmarine
02-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah they re did the roads so its only like an 1-2 hrs now... Its worth it when you get there flying from LAX because teh flight arrives at 6:45 AM and chceck in isnt til almost noon sometimes....
When you leave , I think you check out early like 8-9 and give bags at the front desk and they send to airport ... then you get in bus at 11:30 or 12:00 with everyone ... Now: if you arrange a charter. the flight is 10-15 Min and you are at teh airport, no hasssles, no thing you simplly transfer to ytour gate , walk in and grab a seat ..... and you had that much more time hanging out....
TRUST ME IT WORTH IT.
Rick
:cool:

a catered life
02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
been there three times and love all three trips. if you are trying to be romantic and stay family oriented stay in montago bay close to airport and 1 hour from nigril and the falls two great hotels there are the holiday sunspree or the ritz carlton. both have a good night life within the resort and local bars and clubs are cool both are about 20 minutes away from marageritaville which is a a real cool spot. the only bad part about montego bay is there is no water sports(only swimming, scuba and snorkeling) because of the reef so if you want to do some jet skiing or banana boating or parasailing (real fun) you gotta go to negril. if you are looking to party hard stay at sandels or one of the resorts in negril there is one or two nude ones which are cool. but what ever you do dont rent a car and do eat at the little shack with all the smoke across the street from the holiday inn. hands down the best jerk chicken, pork and fish on the island, and make sure you go ALL-INCLUSIVE saves a lot of money all you can drink and eat. if you need a travel agent let me know i have a great one we use

al cole'holic
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
...btw, when you book through a Sandals all inclusive the airfare is included which is an all you can drink red-eye flight...definitely sweet, but a few of us actually got cut off :jawdrop:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah they re did the roads so its only like an 1-2 hrs now... Its worth it when you get there flying from LAX because teh flight arrives at 6:45 AM and chceck in isnt til almost noon sometimes....
When you leave , I think you check out early like 8-9 and give bags at the front desk and they send to airport ... then you get in bus at 11:30 or 12:00 with everyone ... Now: if you arrange a charter. the flight is 10-15 Min and you are at teh airport, no hasssles, no thing you simplly transfer to ytour gate , walk in and grab a seat ..... and you had that much more time hanging out....
TRUST ME IT WORTH IT.
Rick
:cool:
I don't know about the flying deal, when we went my friends who got there a few days before us, they flew, and were scared sh*t less. Also while we where there a plane crashed trying to land, and a couple had to spend 3 days in the hospital. Fock that ish!! Since the roads are done, it should be that bad to take the bus. Plus the flights out of LAX leave at 11pm get you there at 7am their time, a few extra zzzz's on the road trip wont hurt.
The classic line when we got on the bus to the resort.
A guy comes on the bus before we leave the air port grounds (btw the airport looks like a fort)
He says "hey you guys like to party?"
Us "yeah of course"
Man " I mean really like to party?"
Us " umm yeah? "
Man " then you gotta buy some of this" (weed)
US " na our friends already have some at the resort"
Man "your friends dont have this kind and you have to take some to the party"
Us "we are good" just tripping the fock out. :confused:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:16 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:20 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :devil: :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:23 PM
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :devil: :cool:
I am so jealous.. :cry: :cry:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:24 PM
I am so jealous.. :cry: :cry:
You don't have to be. :devil: :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:25 PM
You don't have to be. :devil: :p
yes I do.. :cry: :smile:

RP1
02-17-2005, 12:26 PM
The classic line when we got on the bus to the resort.
A guy comes on the bus before we leave the air port grounds (btw the airport looks like a fort)
He says "hey you guys like to party?"
Us "yeah of course"
Man " I mean really like to party?"
Us " umm yeah? "
Man " then you gotta buy some of this" (weed)
US " na our friends already have some at the resort"
Man "your friends dont have this kind and you have to take some to the party"
Us "we are good" just tripping the fock out. :confused:
I had a similar type situation happen. We were walking through town and some kid walks next to me and slides something in my hand. I look down and it's a bag of weed and a bag white stuff. Then an older guy walks up and ask if I want to buy that stuff. I threw it on the ground in front of him and told him no thanks. He then tells me where I can find him when I'm ready to get the good stuff.
This was all within the first four hours we were there. Scared the crap out of me... thought I was being set-up for the big fall. :jawdrop:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:28 PM
yes I do.. :cry: :smile:
Well take lots of pics and photo chop you in. :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Well take lots of pics and photo chop you in. :cool:
LMAO!! O.K it will be like we were there. :cry: :smile:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:34 PM
I had a similar type situation happen. We were walking through town and some kid walks next to me and slides something in my hand. I look down and it's a bag of weed and a bag white stuff. Then an older guy walks up and ask if I want to buy that stuff. I threw it on the ground in front of him and told him no thanks. He then tells me where I can find him when I'm ready to get the good stuff.
This was all within the first four hours we were there. Scared the crap out of me... thought I was being set-up for the big fall. :jawdrop:
Heck yeah. I was thinking the same thing. It would suck to spend your vacation in Jail. :yuk:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:35 PM
LMAO!! O.K it will be like we were there. :cry: :smile:
Yup pictures never lie. :rollside: Hope things are good, I was going to call Jamie the other day to see what was going on, but never got around to it. (shame on me) :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Yup pictures never lie. :rollside: Hope things are good, I was going to call Jamie the other day to see what was going on, but never got around to it. (shame on me) :rollside:
shame on you.. we will miss you guys. we can go next year. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-17-2005, 12:41 PM
shame on you.. we will miss you guys. we can go next year. :cool:
Next year might be a different destination, or might not happen... this was the year!! :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
02-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Next year might be a different destination, or might not happen... this was the year!! :rollside:
:yuk: LOL!! O.K I get it.. we are not worthy.. :cry: :rollside: :p

BADASS38CHEVY
02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
We are thinking about going to Jamaica for our 10 year anniversary. I am looking for info on places to stay, what to do, what to avoid and the things that you must see. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Hi we went to couples ocho rios it was beautiful no kids just adults really nice. Took the booze cruise to dunns river fall listen to some jamaician music NO PROBLEM MON. Free booze free food all inclusive. Did hedouism ll really nice party scene for the open minded. People at the resorts are very friendly and bus driver from the airport try to make sure you have a great high time !!!! the locals are just like being in cabo, any place in mexico just trying to make a buck. :cool: You will love it it is beautiful!!! I hope you guys have a great time.

fat rat
02-17-2005, 01:16 PM
We 've been a few times Ocho, Mo Bay and Negril. Negril is by far the best, we stayed at Sandals on all visits and never had a bad experience. At negril you got the 7 mile beach, great for morning walks or just venturing off to visit another sandal resort or seaside shopping from the locals.
Don't forget Ricks..............a GREAT seaside bar with cliff diving, live music and good drinks, you'll love the place. They do have a web site......rickscafe.com I think.
Most sandals have mastercraft ski boats for water skiing and kneeboarding...........if you ski bring your own equipment and get up early, the water is really flat.
Enjoy Mon!

AquaBoogie
02-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Does anyone know when hurricane season starts over there?
Scuba,
I checked on Sandals for the weekend you will be there. They are booked solid. So the next best weekend for my wife isn't until July.

fat rat
02-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Huricane season is over, Aug to nov.

kidstuf
02-17-2005, 01:49 PM
how about the bahamas??? it's only an hour flight from florida... can't beat it... here's where we stay :wink:
http://www.bahamabeachclub.com/index.htm

Kilrtoy
02-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I can not think of any reason why anyone would ever want to go to thsat country, Granted it is beautiful, but everything else is worthless and if you leave the resort, stand bye CRIME IS VERY HIGH ON TOURIST.
i would go to grand cayman or tahiti as suggested earlier...
yes i have been there and would never go again

AquaBoogie
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Grand Cayman and Tahiti would have been nice and was actually first on my wifes list. However, those are two locations which are not available for her to choose. Other options were in Europe but she prefers warm weather and white sand. From what I've heard, you are okay as long as you stay on the resort. I've been to other third world contries where crime on tourist was high and didn't have any problems. It's all about attitude an being aware. Don't fall for the okie-doke.

fat rat
02-17-2005, 02:57 PM
Hey Killer, where did you stay?
Like I said above, Negril is very cool, sort of like the country side. Granted crime is more prevelant in places like Kingston, Ocho and Mobay but that is probaly due to the volume of people visiting from the cruise ships, I think you'll find that any place.

VelocityDriver
02-17-2005, 04:11 PM
We've stayed at just about all the major resorts in Negril. The best "couples only" is Couples Negril. Sandals is good, but the beach is not as nice as the other side of the point. We are off to RIU in 3 weeks with the kids.
The bus ride to Negril is about 1-1.5 hours even with the new road, take TimAir and you're there in 15 minutes.

BP1330
02-17-2005, 05:11 PM
For our hooneymoon last year we looked into Jamacia, and were pretty set on it. Then we looked into Sandals St. Lucia. We ended up at St. Lucia and glad we did. After talking to friends that have been to both St. Lucia is much nicer according to them.
Sandals all inclusive was great also. Everything was taken care of and we really liked the fact that we didn't have to worry about spending money.

voodoomedman
02-17-2005, 06:25 PM
Sandals is great. Stay away from any of the resorts in Montego Bay though. Even the Sandals sucks. There is much more to the story. PM me and I'll give you details. I've stayed at Sandals Ocho Rios and loved it and they are remodeling it. My brother went to Sandals Negril and loved it. I hated Sandals Royal Carribbean and I am trying to get a refund. Sandals Montego Bay looked just as crappy. With all that said though I would not go to Jamaica if it weren't for the all inclusive. That's what makes it worth it. If your going to pay for everything al a carte then Hawaii is the way to go.

SHOTKALLIN
02-17-2005, 07:05 PM
Jamaica is great if you stay on the resort.
There is horrendous poverty outside there and the locals will hound you to buy something relentlessly.
Io would highly recommend Grand Cayman or Cancun or Cozumel
But the ganja mon is on Jamaica Mon! :D

a catered life
02-17-2005, 09:01 PM
I can not think of any reason why anyone would ever want to go to thsat country, Granted it is beautiful, but everything else is worthless and if you leave the resort, stand bye CRIME IS VERY HIGH ON TOURIST.
hey kilrtoy i usually agree with most of the stuff you say but you lost me this time i have been three times and have never had a problem (but being a big as* brother may have helped) they dont screw with the tourist they know thats 80% of their income. most of the people there are really cool and just want to party all the times i have gone there was during their version of our fourth of july which they call the fest. dam good partying i have to say. but i do have to give all the yuppies a piece of advice---try not to look like a dam tourist with you brand new izod shirts and creased dockers shorts---that will make you look like a mark-----even in LA

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Well Miguel I have to call B/S on this one! :yuk: :p
I think Miguel is stiring the pot, he must have been there in a before life or something. Or he got Jamaica confused because he was watching, Man on Fire. lol :rollside:
The great thing about Jamaica is the couples resorts, you don't have to worry about kids splashing you at the pool and running around like mini savages. We went to cancun once, (kids focked up my relax time) and will only book at a adult resort on any vacations from now on, unless it's a family vacation.
We went to the local night club in Negril, Jungles 3 or 4 of us the locals did not threaten us or look at us weird we even danced with the local girls there. It was Ladies night, but 75% sausage lol. We were the only hispanics in the joint to. Some of our friends went to the local strip joint too, no problems what so ever. I wouldnt walk around with your $ hanging out and acting a fool either. :smile:

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 07:07 AM
Does anyone know when hurricane season starts over there?
Scuba,
I checked on Sandals for the weekend you will be there. They are booked solid. So the next best weekend for my wife isn't until July.
That sucks, even if you did get to stay there, we are staying in Runaway bay. :devil: :cool:

Kilrtoy
02-18-2005, 07:14 AM
Well Miguel I have to call B/S on this one! :yuk: :p
I think Miguel is stiring the pot, he must have been there in a before life or something. Or he got Jamaica confused because he was watching, Man on Fire. lol :rollside:
The great thing about Jamaica is the couples resorts, you don't have to worry about kids splashing you at the pool and running around like mini savages. We went to cancun once, (kids focked up my relax time) and will only book at a adult resort on any vacations from now on, unless it's a family vacation.
We went to the local night club in Negril, Jungles 3 or 4 of us the locals did not threaten us or look at us weird we even danced with the local girls there. It was Ladies night, but 75% sausage lol. We were the only hispanics in the joint to. Some of our friends went to the local strip joint too, no problems what so ever. I wouldnt walk around with your $ hanging out and acting a fool either. :smile:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
will only book at a adult resort
REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY
I went to ocho Rios, If im gonna drop that type of cash i want to go to a nice place Aruba, tahiti, Grand Cayman

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 07:24 AM
I went to ocho Rios, If im gonna drop that type of cash i want to go to a nice place Aruba, tahiti, Grand Cayman
Yes you know where there are no kids running around. :rollside:
What year was this? And where else have you been to compare? :rollside:

RP1
02-18-2005, 07:28 AM
Big difference in money between the ones you mention and Ocho Rios though. However, I do agree that the places you mention are much nicer than Jamaica.

Kilrtoy
02-18-2005, 07:30 AM
SCUBA'S last jamaica trip
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111tnbutts.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 07:32 AM
SCUBA'S last jamaica trip
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111tnbutts.jpg
lmao, you must have been there as well, if you have a picture. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 07:36 AM
Big difference in money between the ones you mention and Ocho Rios though. However, I do agree that the places you mention are much nicer than Jamaica.
I am impartail, I love Reggae music!!!
I heard you can get to costa rica for next to nothing, and tahiti is nice but also heard some bad stories about the locals. :eek:

RP1
02-18-2005, 07:54 AM
I am impartail, I love Reggae music!!!
I heard you can get to costa rica for next to nothing, and tahiti is nice but also heard some bad stories about the locals. :eek:
I'm with ya on the Reggae. As far as Costa Rica, your absolutely right about the cost and it too is a beautiful place to visit. Nice place to think about for a future vacation, if you can do without the Reggae :D
I have heard some negative about Tahiti as well. I also know that it cost a lot more dough for the same type of resort that you would stay at in Jamaica or Costa Rica.

Cat Skinner
02-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I would highly recommend Super Clubs, Grand Lido. The place was amazing. The service is second to none. They have a 150' yacht called the Zein on which you cruise to Rick's American Cafe. The grounds are beautifully maintained, they rake the beach every morning, you can wakeboard, ski or whatever in the morning,go out sailing on the little Sun Fish boats in the afternoon, windsurf, parasail or just hang out. If you don't have what you need it's because you did'nt ask someone.Half the resort is clothing optionaland they have 24 hour room service. If you go, I have 2 bits of advice, DON'T LEAVE THE RESORT AND SHOWER AND REAPLY SUNCREEN EVERY TIME YOU GET OUT OF THE WATER. One more, don't try to drink them out of booze, you'll lose. Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
CS

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 08:05 AM
I'm with ya on the Reggae. As far as Costa Rica, your absolutely right about the cost and it too is a beautiful place to visit. Nice place to think about for a future vacation, if you can do without the Reggae :D
I have heard some negative about Tahiti as well. I also know that it cost a lot more dough for the same type of resort that you would stay at in Jamaica or Costa Rica.
LOL, we can do w/o the Reggae, I'll just take some CD's. :cool:
We want to go to Atlantis, but.... that is a family resort for that kind of $ the family can do something else. lol
Our next adventure will probably be Puerto Rico and Australia. I have family in Puerto Rico, and Austraila will not be for a long time $$$$. Some where in between there do Costa Rica, and probably do the whole Orlando experiance for our daughter. We have family out in Florida as well.

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 08:06 AM
One more, don't try to drink them out of booze, you'll lose. Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
CS
LMFAO!!! :D

Windy
02-18-2005, 08:11 AM
Scubers...take me with you fockers. :p
MissHBjet<~~jealous of the Scubers and Knuckleheads

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Sure we'll put you in our luggage and sneak you over. :) :cool:

cruser
02-18-2005, 06:56 PM
Scuba,
I did Sandals Negril about 5 yrs ago. We went in November and had a great time. We took two of our kids along, they were 15/17 at the time. We would see them for breakfast and not see them again until 1-2 AM. They had a lot of fun also.
We went to celebrate our 25th and I snuck a marriage vow renewal in on my wife. Boy was she surprised. That was good for a lot of points for several years.
We have also been to Australia. The Aus trip was a lot less expensive than the Jamaica trip. Jamaica cost about $200/day per person. Aus was more like $150 and we did a lot more stuff (diving, balloon rides, train rides, trams, two different cities, etc).
Would I do Jamaica again, probably not. There are other places in the Caribbean I need to see before I go back to Negril.

Infomaniac
02-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll take you sweetie.
Anywhere you want to go. :wink:

SCUBA STEVE
02-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Scuba,
I did Sandals Negril about 5 yrs ago. We went in November and had a great time. We took two of our kids along, they were 15/17 at the time. We would see them for breakfast and not see them again until 1-2 AM. They had a lot of fun also.
We went to celebrate our 25th and I snuck a marriage vow renewal in on my wife. Boy was she surprised. That was good for a lot of points for several years.
We have also been to Australia. The Aus trip was a lot less expensive than the Jamaica trip. Jamaica cost about $200/day per person. Aus was more like $150 and we did a lot more stuff (diving, balloon rides, train rides, trams, two different cities, etc).
Would I do Jamaica again, probably not. There are other places in the Caribbean I need to see before I go back to Negril.
For some reason I remember looking at an Australia a while back and it was 8k? :(
You got away cheap for $200/day, we are at $270/day per person right now just for air fare & hotel. When I went in 2002 it was around the same. :) We'll probably renew our vows as well. :p

RobR.
02-19-2005, 10:14 AM
We booked a week at Couples Negril for the end of March. With it being kind of last minute, it end up costing about $315 per person per day.

Back To Havasu
02-19-2005, 10:34 AM
We spent 11 days at the Ritz-Carleton, Montego Bay, and loved every minute of it. We did the Dunn's River Falls and the river rafting trip. The White Witch Golf Course is excellent. All inclusives are the way to go. Lots of poverty in the country, but lots of beauty and friendly people also, especially at the resorts.

SCUBA STEVE
02-19-2005, 12:14 PM
We booked a week at Couples Negril for the end of March. With it being kind of last minute, it end up costing about $315 per person per day.
Thats not too bad, you should catch some of the spring break action out there too. Margaritaville should be popping! :cool:

Rod-64
02-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Scuba.............I have a friend that lives near Greenfield and Contessa........you near there????

SCUBA STEVE
02-22-2005, 09:31 AM
You are such a closet JB fan :p
That would be a big negative!!! :yuk: :rollside:

SCUBA STEVE
02-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Scuba.............I have a friend that lives near Greenfield and Contessa........you near there????
Contessa? Not sure where that is? I am in between Broadway and Main st, off of Greenfield. ;)

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Steve,
GET Back To Work, Slacker

Havasu_Dreamin
02-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Aruba is another excellent palce to go! What about Atlantis? Anyone ever been there? Looks pretty cool, but I bet it's expensive.

SCUBA STEVE
02-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Steve,
GET Back To Work, Slacker
Shut it guy, until my pay checks are signed by you, you have no say in what I do. :rollside: :p

Kilrtoy
02-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Shut it guy, until my pay checks are signed by you, you have no say in what I do. :rollside: :p
I sign something else, MISTER.....................

SCUBA STEVE
02-22-2005, 10:22 AM
I sign something else, MISTER.....................
You can't call me Mister either. :rollside:

NorCalCat
03-03-2005, 09:19 AM
14 hrs. and counting till the red eye to Jamaica!
All, have fun in the rain! :D Negril Baby!

AquaBoogie
03-03-2005, 10:46 AM
18 more weeks for me. Then off to CSA!

Screaming Pete
03-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to let you know, the cheepest place to by your booze is from the bartenders down by the gym, slip them a 20 and they drop 5 bottels in your room for you. also you can get some jerk seasoning from the cookie at the beach shack for about the same.... drink a bottle of WyCliff champane for me. we stayed 10 days last time.they have a ski boat that is the best deal and nobody uses it so if you ski have at it....the coffee is the best in the world and its cheap 10$ a pound grab 1 for me please.....if your into diving that another great part it free .....the food is great a the little restrants ok at the buffet's ....dont forget the saunan's .... don't be afraid of the guys selling pot at the fence all the time....take a day trip to the falls it a great adventure but it does show you how poor the place is.....if your flying to sandels all the way in the small plane thats fun, they will p/u so don't take a taxi it only about a mile... cheers

NorCalCat
03-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Just wanted to let you know, the cheepest place to by your booze is from the bartenders down by the gym, slip them a 20 and they drop 5 bottels in your room for you.
I thought all the booze was included at Sandals? :lightsabe

Screaming Pete
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I mean full bottles to go home with :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
03-04-2005, 07:31 AM
14 hrs. and counting till the red eye to Jamaica!
All, have fun in the rain! :D Negril Baby!
Some one should be landing around now! 7 more days then we are outtie!! Whooo!! :p

Screaming Pete
03-04-2005, 11:15 AM
man i'd love to go back in a NY second

SCUBA STEVE
03-04-2005, 11:51 AM
man i'd love to go back in a NY second
Me too, thats why we are going next week. :D

VelocityDriver
03-04-2005, 08:57 PM
14 days till we're there!

pixilatedpussy
03-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey, We are also getting ready to celebrate our 10 year!!! Congrats!! We visited Jamaica a couple years ago. Stayed at the Sunset Beach hotel in Montego Bay!! All inclusive and fun. But we brought our kids. I f you two are just going alone you might cosider another hotel. My mom is a travel agent in H.B. she could hook you up.
I would recommend staying in Montego Bay because is centralized, if you want to visit the Dunns River(VERY COOL) or Negril, Rick's Cafe (ALSO VERY COOL). It is a very romantic place. Enjoy!!! :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
03-05-2005, 05:22 PM
6 Days and counting. 2 more days of work then 15 days off :rollside:
We will miss you guys. :cry:

Kilrtoy
03-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Send us pics when you get back :wink:

voodoomedman
03-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey, We are also getting ready to celebrate our 10 year!!! Congrats!! We visited Jamaica a couple years ago. Stayed at the Sunset Beach hotel in Montego Bay!! All inclusive and fun. But we brought our kids. I f you two are just going alone you might cosider another hotel. My mom is a travel agent in H.B. she could hook you up.
I would recommend staying in Montego Bay because is centralized, if you want to visit the Dunns River(VERY COOL) or Negril, Rick's Cafe (ALSO VERY COOL). It is a very romantic place. Enjoy!!! :p
Sorry but I disagree. Only stay in Montego if you want to be bothered by everyone and there mother trying to sell you trinkets or drugs.

Just Tool'n
03-06-2005, 08:50 AM
Have fun in Jamaica Man. Stay away from the local flee-marts, they will try to sell the the gonja-man too you.
Stay in the resort as other have stated. 12 years ago on our hooneymoon, best damned vacation I ever had.
Now 2 kids, & no time to vacation anylonger. Work, Work, Work, OH! and pay taxes of coarse.

pixilatedpussy
03-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Sorry but I disagree. Only stay in Montego if you want to be bothered by everyone and there mother trying to sell you trinkets or drugs.
Well thats a given anywhere in jamaica, however when you stay in a resort, their beaches are private. We never had a problem until we left the resort!!! :(

SCUBA STEVE
03-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Send us pics when you get back :wink:
Sure thing! :rolleyes: :D

voodoomedman
03-06-2005, 03:12 PM
Well thats a given anywhere in jamaica, however when you stay in a resort, their beaches are private. We never had a problem until we left the resort!!! :(
NO in 2003 I stayed in Ocho Rios and wasn't bothered. In 2004 I stayed in Montego Bay (at a Sandals both years) and we were freaking tortured by these idiots. It is a lot easier for them to get down to the resorts on there surfboards in Montego Bay plus just the demographics of the town. In Ocho Rios and Negril it is very difficult for them to get there by water.

pixilatedpussy
03-06-2005, 09:29 PM
We went in 2003!! Where did you say you stayed?? Ocho rios is beautiful!!! :p

voodoomedman
03-07-2005, 03:19 AM
We went in 2003!! Where did you say you stayed?? Ocho rios is beautiful!!! :p
Sandals Ocho Rios in 2003 and loved it. Went to Sandals Royal Carribean in Montego Bay in 2004 thinking it would be better and it was 100 times worse.

SCUBA STEVE
03-07-2005, 05:16 AM
4 days & counting! :cool: :p

SoCalOffshore
03-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Have a great time, but I will never go back to Jamaica. There are soo many awesome places to go and not get bothered. I just got back from Cozumel and Playa del Carmen. WE spent a week of SCUBA diving, it was fantastic. Playa del Carmen is south of Cancun and more laid back with AI's and small boutique hotles. Coz has some of the best diving in the world. :smile:

Mark Sims
03-07-2005, 09:40 AM
dude, dont tell anyone about Cozumel. Too many tourist there now. We go 3 times a year.The diving is good, but I would say it was better in the Caymens.

SCUBA STEVE
03-07-2005, 09:46 AM
dude, dont tell anyone about Cozumel. Too many tourist there now. We go 3 times a year.The diving is good, but I would say it was better in the Caymens.
We went to cozumel once while at Cancun, I pulled an all nighter before so I didnt think it was all that. (Hung over like a motha) lol I don't dive either. Had a good time at Fat Tuesday's though. :cool:

Waist Deep
03-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Went to Beaches Negril last year. the place was great and we went into town with no problems. Took the trip to the falls, not the Dunn River, but the other one. A stop on the way to cut down coconuts at some guys house yielded some crop goods he was sellin at the time. Needless to say, everyone was in a good mood on our bus.

AquaBoogie
03-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Couples Swept Away in 17 more weeks. Damn time is ticking slower than a row boat. Should be able to Havasu a few times before then and work on my tan and build my booze tolerance back up.

pixilatedpussy
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Sandals Ocho Rios in 2003 and loved it. Went to Sandals Royal Carribean in Montego Bay in 2004 thinking it would be better and it was 100 times worse.
We stayed at the Sunset Beach Resort, Fun!!! Great for the family thing!!! :)

pixilatedpussy
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Anyone been to the Big Island of Hawaii?? We are going in April to celebrate our 10 year. We are renewing our vows in "A Bay". Staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village! We are taking our two boys, reserved dolphin quest, a lua, and helicopter ride over the volcano. Anything else??

SoCalOffshore
03-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Anyone been to the Big Island of Hawaii?? We are going in April to celebrate our 10 year. We are renewing our vows in "A Bay". Staying at the Hilton Waikoloa Village! We are taking our two boys, reserved dolphin quest, a lua, and helicopter ride over the volcano. Anything else??
They have a great night SCUBA dive with Manta Rays. You will have a great time there.

SoCalOffshore
03-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Taken in Cozumel 2 weeks ago. Heading to the Bay Islands off of Honduras at the end of April. http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/100geordie2-med.jpg

SCUBA STEVE
03-08-2005, 07:49 AM
. Needless to say, everyone was in a good mood on our bus.
lmfao!!!
AquaBoogie, I was counting down as well, then bam the time came out of no where. 3 days till we take off!! :2purples:
Socal, thats a sweet pic, Trojan Dan has taken up scuba diving as well. He just got back from a top secret location a couple of weeks ago. :D