PDA

View Full Version : 496Mag or HO?

Indiansprings
02-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Knowing that it is just a cam and programming change, Its hard to shell out $2500 bucks for the HO.
How many of you guys went with the 375hp MAG or did you just go for the HO? How long is the warranty period on these motors? Thinking on just doing that Raylar kit after warranty is up.
One more question.
What is the differance between the Bravo 1x and the Bravo 1? :hammerhea

roln 20s
02-20-2005, 10:04 PM
Good question--I believe that the Mag and Mag HO with the Raylar kit will put out the SAME hp since the kit changes those two things anyway. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong of call Ray at Raylar (tell him Patrick from Boat Bling sent you). If you are NOT going to do a kit, get the HO, its money well invested IMO. The standard warranty is 1 year, however you can buy a warranty that lasts for 5 years. I think I would--obviously unless you are going to put a aftermarket kit on it then its void, so no need to spend the money.
The Bravo 1X is the new standard for the Bravos-- first verson available. The XR is the highest version available (standard on HP models and optional on HOs)
Can't wait to see the graphics you choose--Brett and those guys at Magic/Sleek are awesome.
Roln 20s

Indiansprings
02-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the quick replys. I will get some pics up when the boat gets started. I think Sleek/Magic have come along way over the years. There gel guys are putting out some nice work. I have had two 28' in the past. Wanted to get the 30' but the price on the 28' was too good to pass.

PHX ATC
02-21-2005, 05:11 AM
425 hp Mag HO.
Great engine.

INSman
02-21-2005, 07:22 AM
If you are going to upgrade power, get the MAG for now, but get a new 2005 XR drive for sure. New cone clutch and it is supposed to shift as smoothe as silk. Then when you get the Raylar upgrade, you just have to find an HO ECM that Ray may be able to help you with.

cc322
02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
get the ho you will not regret it

Stealth Marine
02-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Knowing that it is just a cam and programming change, Its hard to shell out $2500 bucks for the HO.
How many of you guys went with the 375hp MAG or did you just go for the HO? How long is the warranty period on these motors? Thinking on just doing that Raylar kit after warranty is up.
One more question.
What is the differance between the Bravo 1x and the Bravo 1? :hammerhea
If you never have any intention of modifying the engine, get the HO and be done with it.
BUT...
If your looking forward to playing with the engine down the road, Get the regular 496Mag now, save the cost of the HO upgrade, let the 1 year warrenty run out, then spend the savings on upgrading the engine. In the end you will get far more power for your money with an upgraded 496Mag than from the Mag HO.