PDA

View Full Version : Get your CCW license

cdog
04-22-2006, 09:46 AM
I did it. This guy is real cool and the class is fun. Just spreading the word. Tell Jim Corey sent you.
http://alphasafetytraining.com/ccwschedule.html

slink
04-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Cory, for what state?

cdog
04-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Cory, for what state?
It's good in 28 or 30 states. All the southern states but Ca, Nv and Fl.
I'm in Az a lot and it's good there. I will be taking the class for the CA. The Sheriff race will be on soon and Bill Huff is the man to vote for in OC. He supposedly has a shall issue outlook on CCW.
You may consider the Fl or NV class since you are law enforcement. I believe that covers 90% of the US.
Jim is a real nice guy who will help you with any questions you might have.

slink
04-22-2006, 10:26 AM
It's good in 28 or 30 states. All the southern states but Ca, Nv and Fl.
I'm in Az a lot and it's good there. I will be taking the class for the CA. The Sheriff race will be on soon and Bill Huff is the man to vote for in OC. He supposedly has a shall issue outlook on CCW.
You may consider the Fl or NV class since you are law enforcement. I believe that covers 90% of the US.
Jim is a real nice guy who will help you with any questions you might have.
I'm good to go. Law changed two years ago that allows LEO to carry in all states :)

slink
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
That's just what we need, more numbnuts carrying guns. :rolleyes: I hope you never have to look down the barrel and pull the trigger, it's not as easy as you think.
If you carry, you better be ready, especially in LE, or you will fall into the latter portion of my sig.

cdog
04-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm good to go. Law changed two years ago that allows LEO to carry in all states :)
I did not know that.
I think it's a good thing to raise awareness that we do have a right to pack providing we are responsible enough to do so. Who wants to be a criminal for carrying a tool that will allow you to protect yourself in a dire situation?
Did you get yourself an off list AR?

cdog
04-22-2006, 10:43 AM
That's just what we need, more numbnuts carrying guns. :rolleyes: I hope you never have to look down the barrel and pull the trigger, it's not as easy as you think.
Why do you have to act like a troll and take it in that direction? Show up at the next IDPA meet and I'll show you a tight group. Besides you have to pass a federal back ground check to receive the permit. Are you implying that you are more qualified to make that judgment than the Feds?

slink
04-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Did you get yourself an off list AR?
No, not personally. Have them at work and an MP5 in my take home.

Outnumbered
04-22-2006, 10:45 AM
That's an intelligent statement. Calling the guy names and you don't even know him. :rolleyes:
And nobody said it was easy. But I guess you would rather just get on your knees and beg for your life than shoot a dirt-bag that threatens your life or your family's life:220v:
BTW, I just got mine too. :crossx:

cdog
04-22-2006, 10:48 AM
No, not personally. Have them at work and an MP5 in my take home.
Get one before they add them to the list. I can explain or point you in the right direction. I think the place is called Bright Spot pawn in riverside over by eliminator boats off of the 60 frwy. They are about $200 for the bare reciever.
I hear them training with the MP5's all the time over at prado. Some really nice guy's i've meet over there.

cdog
04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
I'll be 30 in January and I’ve never been in a car accident. Should I cancel my insurance? Why do cops need guns? The same piece of paper that gives you the right to say what you please also gives you the same right to bear arms and defend yourself.
I understand that you have a different opinion than I but there's no need to call every one who chooses to use their 2nd amendment right numb nuts.

cdog
04-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't believe the 2nd amendment gives you the right to carry a concealed weapon.
Car insurance is required by law to operate a motor vehicle. It is not against the law for you to leave your home without a concealed weapon. Your analogies are weak.
U. S. vs Emerson. Emerson offers a thorough historical and textual analysis of the Second Amendment supporting its conclusion that the Amendment was intended to protect the right of individuals to own and carry firearms. In October, 2001, the Fifth Circuit upheld the validity of federal firearm statute at issue in Emerson as a narrowly tailored reasonable restriction on Second Amendment rights--but, importantly, the court held that the Second Amendment does guarantee individuals the right to possess firearms, not just members of "militias."
I guess now you’re more qualified than the 5th circuit court. This thread is not about you or your dime store interpretation of laws. I'm providing info for people who are interested. If you have nothing positive to add to the subject Go Somewhere Else! If I wanted your opinion i would have addressed this post to you. Have a good day. :)

GMFL
04-22-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't believe the 2nd amendment gives you the right to carry a concealed weapon.
Car insurance is required by law to operate a motor vehicle. It is not against the law for you to leave your home without a concealed weapon. Your analogies are weak.
I thought his analogy was pretty good. You must have Liability insurance on your car, but not collision.

Outnumbered
04-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm close to 40 and have had at least three close calls that could have ended up much worse:
When I was about 21 I was passenger in my bud's car when we were car jacked in Montclair outside of Black Angus at a red light at 1:30am. The banger unloaded 6 .22 cal slugs into my side of the car at close range. Thank God they all missed me. I would have shot that focker before he shot at me had I had the chance.
Second time is when I moved into my brand new house in Chino Hills at Chino Hills and Grand Ave (supposed to be a nice area). Pulled up to the garage and lifted open the door at 11PM (wondered why the garage door opener didn't work), some fockers were backed into my garage stealing my appliances, they started the truck and tried to run me and the wife over in the driveway to get out of the garage and bail :220v:
Third time was in the same Chino Hills house. Bangers broke into several houses on the street in one night while everyone was asleep. Took TV and stereo stuff from the media niche by the slider while we were sleeping upstairs. Wife went down to feed the baby later that night and was freaking out that we did not hear a thing. Had she gone down an hour earlier it could have got real ugly. That next day is the day I bought my first hand gun.
Just like Cdog said, its a numbers game. Hopefully your number will never come up but I have had too many close calls so I don't take too many chances and I trust no one that I don't know well.

Red Horse
04-22-2006, 04:27 PM
Preparedness breeds luck. Hopefully people never need to use deadly force, but if you need to it is good to be prepared.
I am not LE, I am military and have extensive firearm, detainment and search procedures classes for the last 17 years plus I have used some of it realworld. Am I not qualified?
Owning a firearm to protect your life, lives of your loved ones and the things you have worked for is a wonderful thing.
I have been in other countries where guns are illegal. Only criminals have them then.

shockwavebd
04-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Cory clean your mail box out....... :cry:

moneypit
04-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Ummm what does CCW stand for? Concealed Weapon whu what? :cool:

uvindex
04-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Ummm what does CCW stand for? Concealed Weapon whu what? :cool:It stands for Carrying a Concealed Weapon. :)

Kindsvater Flat
04-22-2006, 06:35 PM
I've had mine for 10 or so years now. Back when I first got it, it was nothing to get. I just renewed it and it ended up costing around $300 bucks for the classes, qualifing, and all the other bs to go with it.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_MVC-002F%7E0.JPG

GRUNION
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM
Yes, I'm implying that I'm more qualified to issue CCW permits than the Feds. Of course not, I don't even know you, how could I possibly know whether you're qualified to carry a weapon or not? You passed the course and the background check, I guess that's all that matters.
You know what? I'll be 40 in June and do you know how many times I've needed a firearm on my person in my day to day life? Zero. How many people do you know that have been on their knees begging for their lives before being killed? I know ZERO. I don't think I even know anybody that's been murdered. So, we'll call that ZERO as well.
I have been face down on the ground and shot in the back. I know its not on my knees and begging for my life but close enough. I have five bullet holes and a huge scar down my stomach I almost died twice from it.
Also remeber if you make it illegal to own a hand gun only the criminals will have them, and guns dont kill people, people kill people.
I dont want a debate with anyone about this but it is more common than people think.

cdog
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM
Cory clean your mail box out....... :cry:
Cleaned out a bunch my friend. What's up?