PDA

View Full Version : Powell and Mead

Moe_Havi
02-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Will all this rain help these lakes at all? Some of this water must be colorado snow pack.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Any type of rain helps. However, the Southwest is in the middle of a 5 year drought. In order to completely replenish the lakes to pre-drought levels it would take at least 3 winters of this type of rain. But every little bit we get helps.

Havasu Cig
02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Any type of rain helps. However, the Southwest is in the middle of a 5 year drought. In order to completely replenish the lakes to pre-drought levels it would take at least 3 winters of this type of rain. But every little bit we get helps.
I am ready for a drought again. This weather is costing me $$$ :mad:

ROZ
02-23-2005, 09:22 AM
I am ready for a drought again. This weather is costing me $$$ :mad:
Be glad to help out. It just so happens I need to fill up, and since you're right down the street...... :idea: :D

DaveTic
02-23-2005, 09:30 AM
At Mead last weekend. The lake is up 20' from low point of last year. I think 4' to 6' was water released from Powell late last year; the rest is rain and snow runoff. Most of the water should come as the snow starts melting this spring. It helps.

Havasu Cig
02-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Be glad to help out. It just so happens I need to fill up, and since you're right down the street...... :idea: :D
Thanks, you happen to need a car wash as well :confused: :D

GHTRIM
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Last year Mead hit a low of 1125 and as of today the paper says it is at 1142. At the begining of the season last year it was at 1140. Water levels are looking GREAT for all

COELIMINATOR
02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
We are getting pounded right now. I look out my office and it is WHITE on the mountain. We have received over 275" of snow so far this winter. The Colorado River is also running higher than I ever remember it for this time of year.
Going to bring Powell back up for sure. Just how much???? We will see in a few months.
Sam