PDA

View Full Version : Hallett Boats

Coleitis22
02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Any comments on Hallett? I hear comments on Shockwave, Dana, Kachina,Sleek, I was interested in feedback on construction quality, customer service, etc :idea: .

Havasu_Dreamin
02-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Echo what has been said. They are definitely a top-tier player in the industry. Their boats do not come as well loaded stock as some of the other, equally impressive, builders IMHO. There definitely is an attitude-type of situation that turns some people off and does not bother others. If you buy a Hallett, you will not be disappointed.

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 02:55 PM
How old are you and how snobby are you.....
I have heard them referred to as the GENTLEMAN'S BOAT.........
Great quality, but very plain boats.....

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Echo what these guys said....
Great boats. Really dig the little Vector hull, just not my cup of tea.
Oh, and they are on the expensive side, but not much is cheap anymore anyway :cry:

Coleitis22
02-23-2005, 03:01 PM
How old are you and how snobby are you.....
I have heard them referred to as the GENTLEMAN'S BOAT.........
Great quality, but very plain boats.....
Dang, if I had feelings, they'd be hurt!! Over 50 and I have a 96 Cole, so I can't be snobby. Guess I should look at DCB????? :idea: :D

Captain Dan
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
We have an inside joke among some friends. Saw a group of gay guys at Mohave in a Hallett - they stood up and waved their wankers at me and my family at Willow Beach - they must have thought that was funny.
Since then - Halletts are for fags....... :supp:

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 03:07 PM
Dang, if I had feelings, they'd be hurt!! Over 50 and I have a 96 Cole, so I can't be snobby. Guess I should look at DCB????? :idea: :D
hey its all good.....my old neighbor has one of those 22 cole's with a mild blower motor, runs a touch over 100....sweet little boat :D

Coleitis22
02-23-2005, 03:14 PM
We have an inside joke among some friends. Saw a group of gay guys at Mohave in a Hallett - they stood up and waved their wankers at me and my family at Willow Beach - they must have thought that was funny.
Well, I have no hankerin for a wanker. Hope your kids didn't see the weeny wavin at Willow. That's not funny. :mad:

Captain Dan
02-23-2005, 03:20 PM
NOTE TO SELF,STAY THE FOCK AWAY FROM HALLETT's :D
I have a good friend who really liked Hallett's before that. He was on the trip too. He'll never buy one now.

burtandnancy
02-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Yes, Nancy & I have owned a few Halletts and really like the quality above all. That explains why the resale is so good. But contrary to someone above, they do come with alot of standard features and unlimited list of extra's, see their web site. Based on that fact, you'd be surprised how competively they are priced. However, they will try to talk you out of really wild graphics. Theirs is conservative, tasteful, timeless and flawless which you will appreciate when you go to sell it. That means no checkerboard, no ugly pea green or naked girls.
And as a matter of fact I do have an extra Hallett 300T (twin 525SC's) I'd like to sell. Not sure I'll put it out there before the next Regatta or not...

lucky
hallets where and are still contenders in the speed ski world and are extreamly well built - right up there with schiatta ( spl ) howards ..

Captain Dan
Well, I have no hankerin for a wanker. Hope your kids didn't see the weeny wavin at Willow. That's not funny. :mad:
It wasn't funny, but I don't think my kids will be scarred for life.
I don't think the poofters realized that we were parked in a cove about 50 yards from them until we both returned down river.
I s**t you not - they were blasting show tunes and Barbra Streisand over their stereo! They were living the stereotype....

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Ok I bet that is that ugly torqouise 245 or 27 hallet with the rainbow sticker across the transom. I have never seen the people but always see the boat parked at the market.....

redi4fun
02-23-2005, 03:29 PM
I s**t you not - they were blasting show tunes and Barbra Streisand over their stereo! They were living the stereotype....
Are you kidding me. :rolleyes: ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Ok you fit the age group, but if your not a snob then you should look else where. DCB is great if you want a cat.
I would rather buy a HOWARD

burtandnancy
02-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Captain Dan, I know a gay guy who owned a Sunseeker too, but thats not going to keep me from buying a Preditor or Manhatten. Whats the matter with your friend, anyway?

Captain Dan
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Captain Dan, I know a gay guy who owned a Sunseeker too, but thats not going to keep me from buying a Preditor or Manhatten. Whats the matter with your friend, anyway?
Just a joke - not serious.

Captain Dan
02-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Ok I bet that is that ugly torqouise 245 or 27 hallet with the rainbow sticker across the transom. I have never seen the people but always see the boat parked at the market.....
It was a 27. If I remeber right it was torquois and grey and fuschia striping.

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 03:40 PM
It was a 27. If I remeber right it was torquois and grey and fuschia striping.
That is the boat, and if they all pulled their peckers on me, i would have them arrested.....F@@@IN SICKO'S

dicudmore
02-23-2005, 03:51 PM
those hallett guys won't let us park on their beach at lake mead :D they stand out their and wave us off :rollside: :D
isn't that the same one we call "Las Vegas Hot Boats" beach?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
LMAO!!! Did it say "Sportin' Wood" on the back of it??
Luv my Hallett, but it's an oldie.

checkr'd past
02-23-2005, 04:28 PM
My buddy best described it at the boat show, there was no one under 50 at their area.

BOBALOO
02-23-2005, 04:37 PM
I had a Hallett 19' Sport Skiier that I sold for almost 13g's to a guy that had to be 65 yrs old. The name and condition sold the boat. If it was any other manufacturer it would have sold for alot less. I agree they are more for the older group and if you get a chance check out the birds eye maple used in some of them. It is bitchen.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/129hallett-med.jpg

Coleitis22
02-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Hallett http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/7/78146257.htm
Back to the Original Post about Hallett, before the thread went into the tourquoise boat loaded with Butt Pirates. Is this vector overpriced? :confused:
I haven't seen 12,000 horsepower in quite sometime. :rolleyes:

C-2
02-23-2005, 08:53 PM
Hallett, along with a few others, has been around for quite a while. If the s hit hits the fan with the economy - the startup builders will disappear. It seems every month a new builder emerges on the market - which also raises the question of saturation. Point is, a good deal isn't gonna mean much in ten years when your boat is falling apart, has no resale value and the company has disappeared into the sunset (usually only to reappear a few years later under a different name).
Speaking of ten year old boats....my 210 is now 10 years old and looks as good as new. Times it's been back to Hallett for "warranty" work or repairs - ZERO.
I don't know who you guys are talking too - but the king of zip ties is just as arrogant as the Hallett folks, if you call it that. Others might call it pride. Afterall, what do you think a Ferrari salesman says to a potential customer when the customer sez he can buy a Nissan that can do everything the Ferrari does, for a quarter of the price?
Besides, your Cole looks like a damn nice boat - they were on my short list when I bought my Hallett.
Alright...I'm done now. :)

Kilrtoy
02-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Now what boat would you call a NISSAN, This outta be good

C-2
02-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Now what boat would you call a NISSAN, This outta be good
Not gonna fall for that one.
My point is, a boat is a boat is a boat to some people. They float, some go faster than others. Some might not understand or care why one costs $75,000; the other $45,000. Why? Dunno....

RiverPirate
02-23-2005, 10:13 PM
I have to agree that there is an certain attitude that comes off the Hallett sales people, like if you don't like the price of our boats go buy someone elses. That being said it took me more than 10 years to get into my Hallett for that very reason. I have owned an Eliminator and an Advantage previously. The Hallett is hands down the best built boat of all of them. There quality is rock solid as well as there attention to detail. There is nothing on the boat that there hasn't been a lot of fore thought gone into prior to the finish. Their gel coat is very traditional, however ten years from the day you buy it, it will still look good/current and you will have absolutly no problem selling it and getting a lot of your money back. It's hard to argue with their success and the loyalty of most Hallett owners.

BADAXE
02-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Custom, Quality, Solid, Workmanship, Loaded, Race Proven, Heritage, Timeless, Classic, Tasteful, Valuable, Pride, Loyalty, are some of the words that come to mind when I hear Hallett.
Hallett is one of the best custom boat builders, period. Some could argue that they don’t like the style of Hallett’s boats but it is undisputed that the boats they do build are some of the highest quality, best built boats available.
Bert said it, contrary to what someone said above, their boats come fully loaded in stock form. If you were interested in a type of boat that Hallett makes you will be surprised at how price competitive they are when comparing other brands with identical equipment.
Like all communities this board has people young and old, people new to boating and those that have been boating many years. So, opinions are based on experience (or lack of) and style. All that said, I have lurked on these boards for years, almost back to the beginning, and have been boating for over thirty years and have never heard anyone ever have a bad word about the quality or handling of any Hallett boat.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-24-2005, 08:01 AM
Since I'm the one that said Halletts don't come as fully loaded stock as others and have been taken to task for it, I'll address it.
When we were first shopping for a new boat in 2000 we came down to three builders, of which Hallett was one because they are just solid built boats and it's a friggin Hallett, c'mon! When comparing their 210 to the two other 21's we were considering the other two came standard with more stuff. Hallett did not come standard, based on their website and the flier we got from them, with dual batteries and a switch, a bimini top, pop up cleats and a few other items that escape my memory now that the two other boats we were looking at did. When we added all of that up to the Hallette to bring them in line amenity-wise with the other two boats the Hallett was ~$2500 more. The additional price coupled with the attitude the salesman gave me prompted us to not buy a Hallett. But yes, Hallett does have a very extensive options list but a few things that I felt should be basic on a boat of that type, were not offered standard in 2000 and some are still not offered standard in 2005. It's a personal preference/opinion thing.
Hallett builds a solid boat and I personally think their gel coat packages are cool becasue they are timeless. Even considered them the second time around, really like their 270, but we ended up going another direction and yes we have a little more "aggressive", at least in comparison to Hallett, gel coat scheme as well. But believe me, Hallett's are awesome boats.

dicudmore
02-24-2005, 08:02 AM
Custom, Quality, Solid, Workmanship, Loaded, Race Proven, Heritage, Timeless, Classic, Tasteful, Valuable, Pride, Loyalty, are some of the words that come to mind when I hear Hallett.
Hallett is one of the best custom boat builders, period. Some could argue that they don’t like the style of Hallett’s boats but it is undisputed that the boats they do build are some of the highest quality, best built boats available.
Bert said it, contrary to what someone said above, their boats come fully loaded in stock form. If you were interested in a type of boat that Hallett makes you will be surprised at how price competitive they are when comparing other brands with identical equipment.
Like all communities this board has people young and old, people new to boating and those that have been boating many years. So, opinions are based on experience (or lack of) and style. All that said, I have lurked on these boards for years, almost back to the beginning, and have been boating for over thirty years and have never heard anyone ever have a bad word about the quality or handling of any Hallett boat.
The only bad thing I've ever heard of is the stepped bottom 270 that ejected those people at Castaic a few years ago

superdave013
02-24-2005, 08:13 AM
I had a Hallett 19' Sport Skiier that I sold for almost 13g's to a guy that had to be 65 yrs old. The name and condition sold the boat. If it was any other manufacturer it would have sold for alot less. I agree they are more for the older group and if you get a chance check out the birds eye maple used in some of them. It is bitchen.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/129hallett-med.jpg
People can say what they want about the gelcoat.
I bet alot of pastels and teals have been painted over. I bet in 10 years trible and backwards flames will be getting painted over. But the above boat will still be clean looking.

Member: 7673
02-24-2005, 10:00 AM
test

RiverDave
02-24-2005, 10:09 AM
The only bad thing I've ever heard of is the stepped bottom 270 that ejected those people at Castaic a few years ago
Knowing the whole story on that... I'd bet if you did what the driver of that boat did in your boat the same thing probably would've happened.. Incidentally I went for a boat ride with the guy that drove that boat (before it happened) and in his 240 he got my absolute undivided attention on more then one occassion.. You can't take big boats like that and start whipping the wheel lock to lock and expect small boat type cornering.
RD

RiverDave
02-24-2005, 10:14 AM
Bingo... all except the young old part. I'm a fairly young guy and I'd take a Hallett over just about anything out there.. Schiada Aside.
There's always that question, "What makes a hallett a hallett?" And the same old argument on here every other week.. About how some jackass got "more boat" for "less money.." Hate to take the wind out of those sails... but no ya didn't. People are so focussed on size and "bigger is better" that they miss the important things.. Just becuase a boat is a little bigger doesn't necesarrily mean that it'll ride smoother. Doesn't mean that when it finally does come down hard that it'll just make a "thud" and keep on trucking vs a BANG!! and feeling like you just broke it in half..
Everyone is so concerned with there last 2 mph, that they forget that a little heavier boat with a great bottom is going to be slower, but have better handling characteristics, and ride smoother.. A lighter boat with lifting strakes, and steps and everything else to "lift" and break up the water underneath it to reduce drag is going to have some "trade offs" in the long run..
I'd take the heavy boat, and add more horsepower.. Quality and Craftsmenship, and Resale Value, Reputation, and Tradition is what makes up a Hallett..
RD <--- future Hallett 210 / 240 Owner.

Havasu_Dreamin
02-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Bingo... all except the young old part. I'm a fairly young guy and I'd take a Hallett over just about anything out there.. Schiada Aside.
There's always that question, "What makes a hallett a hallett?" And the same old argument on here every other week.. About how some jackass got "more boat" for "less money.." Hate to take the wind out of those sails... but no ya didn't. People are so focussed on size and "bigger is better" that they miss the important things.. Just becuase a boat is a little bigger doesn't necesarrily mean that it'll ride smoother. Doesn't mean that when it finally does come down hard that it'll just make a "thud" and keep on trucking vs a BANG!! and feeling like you just broke it in half..
Everyone is so concerned with there last 2 mph, that they forget that a little heavier boat with a great bottom is going to be slower, but have better handling characteristics, and ride smoother.. A lighter boat with lifting strakes, and steps and everything else to "lift" and break up the water underneath it to reduce drag is going to have some "trade offs" in the long run..
I'd take the heavy boat, and add more horsepower.. Quality and Craftsmenship, and Resale Value, Reputation, and Tradition is what makes up a Hallett..
Excellent post Dave! There is a reason one 21 footer is $15k less than another and it aint just because the builder wants to gouge you.

Magic34
02-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I wish they did some of the new things, such on the "latest and greatest" things out there that add the cool touches. There were a few things that they could make better, and use newer technology inside. I like the hulls. I wanted some things that I had to beg to get in the boat when we were ordering the boat a few weeks ago at the shop.

lucky
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
and this is why i appreciate river dave so much - boy know's what counts in true preformance boating --

RiverDave
02-24-2005, 10:36 AM
I wish they did some of the new things, such on the "latest and greatest" things out there that add the cool touches. There were a few things that they could make better, and use newer technology inside. I like the hulls. I wanted some things that I had to beg to get in the boat when we were ordering the boat a few weeks ago at the shop.
Did you see there "ventilated" bottom at the show? (on the 40) That as well as the 260 AC (Art Carlson).. Seems to me that they are one of the only companies out there trying some new stuff?
RD

Havasu_Dreamin
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Selling that big cat? What Hallett are you getting?

RiverDave
02-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Selling that big cat? What Hallett are you getting?
Just adding another boat to the family line up from what I understand. ;)
RD

Havasu_Dreamin
02-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Just adding another boat to the family line up from what I understand. ;)
RD
Damn, to have that kind of cash!

Coleitis22
02-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Hallett, along with a few others, has been around for quite a while. If the s hit hits the fan with the economy - the startup builders will disappear. It seems every month a new builder emerges on the market - which also raises the question of saturation. Point is, a good deal isn't gonna mean much in ten years when your boat is falling apart, has no resale value and the company has disappeared into the sunset (usually only to reappear a few years later under a different name).
Speaking of ten year old boats....my 210 is now 10 years old and looks as good as new. Times it's been back to Hallett for "warranty" work or repairs - ZERO.
I don't know who you guys are talking too - but the king of zip ties is just as arrogant as the Hallett folks, if you call it that. Others might call it pride. Afterall, what do you think a Ferrari salesman says to a potential customer when the customer sez he can buy a Nissan that can do everything the Ferrari does, for a quarter of the price?
Besides, your Cole looks like a damn nice boat - they were on my short list when I bought my Hallett.
Alright...I'm done now. :)
We love our Cole, it is a solid performing boat, however, as we age our friends are getting chubbier and take up more room and we need to haul more beer and food. Ergo, we need a larger boat. It's great to hear opinions because up here in Nor Cal we don't have the variety of builders and dealers. So, we are looking for a platform of performance,function and investment. I really appreciate everyones comments. Thanx

InKahntrol
02-24-2005, 11:16 AM
My feelings exactly Dave. I'm a young guy in my 20s, and my favorite new boats are the Schiada 24 and the Hallett 255. Sure, Halletts don't have super fancy wild gelcoat schemes, but when the latest rage goes out of style in five or ten years (think pink and blue pastels, or earth tones from the '80s) the Hallets will still look good. I also like the fact that most of their boats are Bud Baily designs. Baily designed boats for Campbell, Spectra, Silverwing, and then Hallett... and I think all of those are classic looking boats with great lines and respectable performance.
The other reason I like Halletts is because they come with teak floors. I know a wood floor probably requires more maintenance over time, but something about it just looks classy to me. If I ever get rid of my Campell, it will be for an older 270T or (if finances permit) a 255.

Magic34
02-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Did you see there "ventilated" bottom at the show? (on the 40)
RD
Regarding the vent holes, I understand the purpose, they just look terrible. I am going to see if they can glass or gel them white inside or something. I just didn't want them as black holes. :skull:
I was thinking some interior touches. They still cut a hole out for a regular TV instead of using flat panels, I had to tell them that it had to be a flat screen.
Don't get me wrong, obiviously we like the boats, but I feel there is just something missing, and I cant put a finger on it right now.
The side door also trips me out. I'll be freakin about that the first few times out with it. :)

Sportin' Wood
02-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Hallett's are not for fags.
My Hallett is 27 years old and as solid as the day it was purchased for $7800.oo
I would guess that my boat is still worth at least the same. Hallett has always treated me real good. Even when I did not have a pot to piss in they where never " snobby" I have called them asking all kinds of dumb questions over the last 8 years and always get a quick response. I was in my my 20's when I bought the boat and went to there regatta the first month I owned the boat. The hospitality really kicked ass and I was not Rich, Old or Gay. The free food and free bar did not suck.The band on the other hand. :D
Solid, realiable, timeless, design Can't wait to see some of todays boats in 25 years. I remember when pink and lavender where the craze. How many of them have been painted over? "Nice boat what did you do with the mullet it came with?" :D
Some Hallett owners like there cawks I guess?
Sportin' "not waving " Wood

mbrown2
02-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Awesome boats and well built, and if you ever have to sale it don't plan on losing your a$$ on resale like a lot of boats around here....

No Regrets
02-24-2005, 01:18 PM
I bought my 99 240 new @ age 32 and sold it for 3k less than I paid for it 4 yrs later; to step up to my 30. I sure am glad I didnt buy that 99 checkered eliminator I was lookin at cause I would have turned homo after I had to take it the shorts selling it. :p
My wife basically said said "what other boats have teak floors like our 240?" and I was done.
My 30 is big, heavy & slow. But it reeks of class and no matter how dirty it gets, even Bling compliments me on how clean it looks. Fit & finish is one of the best.
Bottom line is- if you like the styling buy it. If not, roll the dice on something more flashy- I almost did- and hopefully when you go to sell, it'll will still be IN.
I can tell you that resale is tuff to beat and chances are, whether you like the guys at Hallett or not, youre not going to really need to worry about seeing them much after the sale.
Unless you go back to upsize.
Here is a very clean boat that I know personally if you want to go used
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/9/6/78226296.htm
Good luck.
BTW, If i wanted a boat as nice but would perform better, Lavey looks tuff to beat.

Kilrtoy
02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
I went pretty wild on my last boat and sold it in 2 days, owned it for 6 seasons...... So that doesnt hold true......
Hallets are great boats, I don't think anyone would question that, just their sales people are snobs.......

Coleitis22
02-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Team Hallett http://www.hallettboats.com/teamhallett.html
here is Team Hallett

Sportin' Wood
02-24-2005, 02:39 PM
LOL, Looks more like Team Geritol...
Like the page says 150 years experience.
Not some smartass bling bling used car dweb that thinks he can sell boats. :cool:

Sleek-Jet
02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
.... Not some smartass bling bling used car dweb that thinks he can sell boats. :cool:
LOL...I'm gonna steal that. :D

dicudmore
02-24-2005, 02:44 PM
Knowing the whole story on that... I'd bet if you did what the driver of that boat did in your boat the same thing probably would've happened.. Incidentally I went for a boat ride with the guy that drove that boat (before it happened) and in his 240 he got my absolute undivided attention on more then one occassion.. You can't take big boats like that and start whipping the wheel lock to lock and expect small boat type cornering.
RD
I don't know the story at all, but I'm sure you're right....
I think we all agree that almost all accidents/ejections were driver error

burtandnancy
02-24-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey Majic 34. When you get to really use those vents in your hull, you'll understand the hole theory. But I like your idea of gelling them white inside, I hope you get that. As far as I know, there are only two boats built in the US that have the ventilated bottom, and you've got the best of them. Wait until you get to use the DOOR! You'll never have another boat without it! Your wife can load the food and drinks thru it, you can get in thru it on the launch ramp, you can get in and out on the beach and even while floating and swimming, and finally, if you use a hydro-hoist as I did, you won't believe the benefits of walking in and out of the door. Congratulations on a great purchase and the options you choose. You did it right...

Magic34
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Hey Majic 34. When you get to really use those vents in your hull, you'll understand the hole theory. But I like your idea of gelling them white inside, I hope you get that. As far as I know, there are only two boats built in the US that have the ventilated bottom, and you've got the best of them. Wait until you get to use the DOOR! You'll never have another boat without it! Your wife can load the food and drinks thru it, you can get in thru it on the launch ramp, you can get in and out on the beach and even while floating and swimming, and finally, if you use a hydro-hoist as I did, you won't believe the benefits of walking in and out of the door. Congratulations on a great purchase and the options you choose. You did it right...
I'm really excited about the A/C! I think that will be my favorite part.

KingCole
02-24-2005, 04:10 PM
My first boat was a Hallett. I owned for 5 years and sold it to the first guy that looked at it for exactly what I paid for it. I have heard alot of people say Halletts are an old mans boat. Kinda like MBZ500's and BMW745's are an old mans car.

cola
02-24-2005, 04:17 PM
My first boat was a Hallett. I owned for 5 years and sold it to the first guy that looked at it for exactly what I paid for it. I have heard alot of people say Halletts are an old mans boat. Kinda like MBZ500's and BMW745's are an old mans car.
I can't wait till I get old. ;)

hotlavey
02-24-2005, 04:29 PM
So what is a Lavey, chopped liver??

burtandnancy
02-24-2005, 05:18 PM
KingCole, loved your analogy. Can I use that? Good Hallett friend just bought a new 645 coupe. Now I can tell how old (she) is...

Big Warlock
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Well, I sit back and watch people buy shi@t everyday when it comes to boats. They show up to the lake and do lots of stupid things. Boat buying is one of them.
There are several boats that you have no question with:
Scarab / Fountain / Donzi / Outer Limits / Nor Tech / Formula / And some others I am sure I will miss. Are they "old man" boats? Maybe only those old guys can afford them? Because they certainly seem to be owning most of the speed records out there. And Reggie isn't getting much younger while he is speeding around kicking a$$ on records. So keep tooling around in you POS boats and talking smak. It keeps most people entertained.
Don't think that people don't talk when your on the lake. We all know what is worth what. I have said my piece on a certain brand of boat when someone asked. My opinion was that it was a KIA of boats. Screw Nissan. People bought it because they think they are getting a lot of boat for their money. Cool until you hit the big wave and hear that "crack". Or you try to resale the damn thing and it doesn't "blue book" out. This isn't rocket science. I am proud to own a Warlock, a Scarab and a Bertram. All great boats in their own right. I don't know lots about several of the new comers on the block. But I like the looks and people at Magic. Seems to be a considerable amount of people that drive and like Shockwaves and Commanders. Commanders kind of remind me of the look of a Hallett, in a way. But again, I don't profess to know a lot about them.
I appreciate the request for information. Hallett is a great boat. Mercedes is a great car. Gulfstream is a great plane. So while some of you continue to drive Fords, boat in your XXXXXX boat and fly commercial on Southwest, remember that you will be where we are one day. A little respect goes a long way boys.
If you get a deal on a Hallett, go for it. Very nice boat.

MUDXPRT
02-25-2005, 07:41 PM
I have owned 2 warlocks 25' nice boats, 1 Sanger 26' nice boat, 3 Halletts vector, 240 and I own a 270 right now. Hands down I enjoy my 270 as my favorite, non step bottom,open bow, (well I am 44 yrs old) but they are built solid I wouldn't own anything else. But if I ever do it will be the 28' Conquest Deck boat next.

greenkorn
06-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Have you seen the new Hallett 285 Party Cruiser Yet? Check it out before you go to conquest.

Throttle
06-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Guess I should look at DCB????? :idea: :D
You can look but be carefull not to touch... :devil:

River918
06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
I had a 1999 Hallett 245 and sold it two years later for what I paid for it. I love their boats and really wish I could afford another one...

BROADMINDED
06-15-2005, 01:01 PM
There Is Nothing Wrong With A Hallett. I Did The Catalina Race Twice In A 19' Sport Skier. It Did Just Fine Out There